Guild Missions Feel Like Quitting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Ran into another problem with this game that makes me feel like uninstalling. I do a 4 part chain of guild missions and miss the last chest in the puzzle by the plains of ashford. I fell off towards the end and I could not run back. The door was shut and I watched 100+ people talk about their nice reward while I helped with the entire 4 part quest chain and got no reward at the end.

I may quit this game over this as I was that dissatisfied. This was probably the worst I felt while playing Guild Wars 2 yet.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Sad to say, not the mission’s fault if you are not careful…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Rage.9723

Maybe it would be good to avoid having anything to do with these missions with such a design

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Yup, don’t blame the game for your own mistakes.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Rage.9723

Don’t blame the game because I put a lot of time towards this just to get jipped on my reward at the end? Even tribulation mode of SAB doesn’t jipp you out of your reward at the end in most cases.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you have fun whilst running the mission/puzzle/quest? That’s the most important part. Surely, you can get the missing reward another time, no? You also have the consolation of knowing you helped many others. Your guild appreciates your effort. =)

Rage.9723

I actually quit the guild after because no one cared that I missed my reward since they all got theirs. Such is life that no one cares unless it happens to them.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Sounds like the event was of some benefit as you found out your guild was probably not the right fit for you.

If you loan someone $20 and you never see that person again it was probably worth it.

The Burninator

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Over 100 people, and not a one cared? What a shame. Better luck with your next guild. =)

Rage.9723

I hear there was a BIG chest at the end of the puzzle since it was the end of the chain. How much better was this big chest compared to the other parts of the chain?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the wiki states you get 2 pieces of rare (or better) equipment, 50 silver, and 1 Guild Commendation for completing it. I don’t know, because I haven’t done one.

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

That isn’t a good guild :\ . As for the chest at the end of the guild rush and puzzle it isn’t great. The only thing you need to do is to finish for the commendations.

Rage.9723

Yes I know 1 guild commendation for completing it but I hear a big jump puzzle like chest was at the end too. Was that good or just kind of like the guild rush one where it was kind of meh.

5 out of 6 commendations isn’t that bad and have 9 total now so I probably did not miss out on too much. I still do not agree with the design of the puzzle where you can lose out due to one mistake.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Rush
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Puzzle

The rewards are about the same, so the answer is ‘meh’ unless you’re blessed by the RNG gods.

Rage.9723

Ahh thank you everyone I guess I won’t uninstall after all since I hardly missed much.

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

how can you loss the end room in that jp when i can only think of one way of dieing in there and then you release from there is your own foult instead of getting ressed(based on falling down in the posion room and eigter dieing of possion damage or fall damage).
as there is no way in hell you can die in the end of the puzzle without being able to get a ress or a bug happened.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

That isn’t a good guild :\

Yes because it’s far more likely an entire guild is full of jerks as opposed to this one player that fell and died at the ram part, choosing to release instead of waiting for someone to rez him, then threaten to quit the game because he didn’t get his reward.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

next time, do guild puzzle with 6 – 12 people.

this is a good reason why our guild does not do guild puzzle or even speak about it.

the first and last time we did one, only half of us got the end reward while the other half was locked out.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

The missions need lots of polishing (they haven’t even received bug fixes since they’ve been out afaik) new people get left behind ALL THE TIME when my guild does them,(we mesmer port when we can; lots of areas have a no turning back point though) and always 1-10 people on the Ice Wall part (mostly people rezzing others).

We field anywhere from 30-80 players and we do them twice a week so I’ve seen some flaws in their design quite handily, the biggest bugs I see is the Ice Drake not aggroing at all effectively ruining the run and the Manor “gas chamber” buttons not working at all (funny how both of these are at the end of the puzzle hmm? -_-)

It’s been months Anet can you please fix your game instead of tossing out freshly bugged content every 2 weeks?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Lol what a baby.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I actually quit the guild after because no one cared that I missed my reward since they all got theirs. Such is life that no one cares unless it happens to them.

And what do you want them to do? Share their reward with you?

I mean, if you are asking them to “sympathize” with you, I don’t care – I think it’s fine. But I don’t get how else they could “care” aside from that. I don’t think anyone in your guild has the power to undo the mistake you have done.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It might be different if the rewards were so amazing or so important…but they’re really not. I’ve missed out on rewards from Guild missions occasionally and yes, it sucks. But there’s always going to be another guild mission, and eventually I’ll get everything I need with guild commendations. Everything else you can get be gotten elsewhere anyway.

Is it annoying? Sure. Is it annoying enough to quit a game over?

Not from my point of view.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

The fact that nobody cared is not very nice.

On the missions themselves, you need to be aware of the fact that you can and will fail them sometimes.

In puzzles this is even more obvious, because you have a time limit on getting 100 people to jump perfectly through obstacles at the same time. That means that the guild has to pay attention to people that can’t keep up, and use mesmer portals to help. Furthermore, the puzzles lock you in previous rooms if you are late, so the guild has to pay attention to stragglers, and avoid moving forward until everyone is ready. And it all has to be done within the time limit.

The fact is, your guild probably wasn’t very good at coordinating that kind of content.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The fact that nobody cared is not very nice.

On the missions themselves, you need to be aware of the fact that you can and will fail them sometimes.

In puzzles this is even more obvious, because you have a time limit on getting 100 people to jump perfectly through obstacles at the same time. That means that the guild has to pay attention to people that can’t keep up, and use mesmer portals to help. Furthermore, the puzzles lock you in previous rooms if you are late, so the guild has to pay attention to stragglers, and avoid moving forward until everyone is ready. And it all has to be done within the time limit.

The fact is, your guild probably wasn’t very good at coordinating that kind of content.

This is true we did a guild puzzle today and made sure to keep everyone together. We had a bevy of mesmers helping out.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Ahh thank you everyone I guess I won’t uninstall after all since I hardly missed much.

LOL!! So Anet actually retained a customer because of lack of quality rewards!

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

That isn’t a good guild :\

Yes because it’s far more likely an entire guild is full of jerks as opposed to this one player that fell and died at the ram part, choosing to release instead of waiting for someone to rez him, then threaten to quit the game because he didn’t get his reward.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I feel like there should be a fix for this. Maybe they are working on it already in the back ground. This does seem rather unsavory. However I would also say that this is a poor reason to quit the game over. Unless this was the straw that broke the camels back sort of thing.

Seems like you got sorted out though by other posters.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Wow how old are you.. spoilt, hard done kiddie is ringing this tune I think.

Your problem is you expect everything whether you achieve something to get it or not… your guild is best rid imo, now you will have to find another guild to whine to instead of addressing the problem at hand – YOU!

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

In my guild, people that miss the rewards are usually at fault themself. If 2 or more people have missed rewards for a specific type of guild mission, i usually do another round so they can get it.

You, OP, are just one out of hundreds and guild missions costs 200 to 2200 influence each(if you insta-build it) + time, so you cant expect people to bother with another mission JUST for you, especially with such an attitude. Work on your personality first before joining another guild. Get out.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

“I quit” threads are not allowed on the forums as they are not conducive to creating a friendly community nor do they have room for constructive discussion. As such, this thread has been closed.