Guild Missions - Race: Things I learned

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Praxis.4976

Praxis.4976

We managed to pull 3 Races in our random Guild Missions this week. We met a series of unexpected obstacles in completing them, so I thought I’d share what I learnt and perhaps get some answers to the things that have confused me!

Firstly, upon completion of the Rush course, people weren’t transforming back to their normal form. Some it took seconds, some minutes, and on our first attempt, some gave up waiting completely. Not coming out of transformation = no progress towards completion. This is quite a big issue when you’re a small group on an 11 minute timer. I’m assuming this is some kind of bug, seen as it worked fine before xpac? Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone found a way to prevent it/ fix it? We just stood and waited, running back and forth through the finish line, it budged eventually, but it wasn’t fast…

Each guild activates the Rush for a timer which is personal to their guild. So, we sit at a flag and wait out the last 10 mins of the current Rush event, to activate our 30 mins event so we can be sure that we can get all our members through. But some other guy who has been queuing for the flag gets to it first, and activates his 11 min timer. So, now, we can either join him for 11 mins, and hope everyone makes it, or we can wait another 11 mins. This has proved incredibly inconvenient this week. So many people were doing Guild Missions on the days we chose this week, we spent so long just standing around waiting. I think it would have been much more beneficial if Rushes/Races were instanced like Puzzles and Challenge. It is a huge mess to organise Race at the moment.

I understand that the harder missions are providing ‘challenge’ for guilds, but this system is really not building Guild solidarity. No completion = no participation = no reward, even on an 11 minute timer. Perhaps it is my guild’s attitude to Guild Missions which doesn’t fit anymore…. it has always been an opportunity to help the new guys get some progress towards ascended gear. Now, if anyone wants any reward at all, the event must be completed. Now my guild is juggling between, run again to ensure event completion for the guys who did it already? or take a chance on the 4 new guys who are struggling through to the end. This is a really nasty choice to have to make, and yet, as Guild leader, I will have to make this choice every, single, week.

Things I have learned…

• You can run your Guild Missions as many times as you like during the week for free, if you want to promote Guild solidarity and support your members in getting rewards…
  • There is no longer an ‘end chest’, only the pop up, ‘bonus’ box, above the mini map, containing your personal reward, if the event gets completed.
  • If you get the Rush bug where you don’t transform after completion of the course, persevere, it could take a couple of mins, but everyone in my Guild transformed back eventually. (Double check you made it through all check points).
  • You need to complete the Rush event within the Guild’s Race timer, to get credit. If you get one person through in 5 mins, even when your timer is 10 mins, upon (15/15) event completion (not the end of your Guild’s timer), that one person will get a reward, and the Guild will get credit if accepted (you still get the ‘Accept credit?’ dialogue box.
  • Personal rewards are awarded to anyone who completes the Rush course within the Race timer, regardless of where they are in the world, and even when they are offline, when the event ends.

Things I am yet to test, if you have the answers please share them!

• I am unclear as to whether we still need someone to wait at the Rush for it to time out like we did in the past, to guarantee Guild credit. (Often, it used to fail unless we left someone at the event to receive credit). Has anyone experimented with that?
  • I don’t know if the personal reward is exclusive to the first 15 who make it through? Or can we continue to get people through while the timer on the Rush event and the Race are still active?

Sorry it was a bit of a wall of text, but I hope what I learned is helpful to some, and if anyone has any input on my questions, or has anything else helpful to add that’d be great to hear!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Guild rush with ghost wolves in harathi is bugged. We did it twice and we didn’t get favor, nor personal reward.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

My guild AUX did all three, and nobody got any personal reward chests, period. The guild got credit for finishing them, but we didnt get personal rewards.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

My guild did all, except for the WvW Mission Slot – got guild favor and everyone who participated got their personal rewards.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

• I am unclear as to whether we still need someone to wait at the Rush for it to time out like we did in the past, to guarantee Guild credit. (Often, it used to fail unless we left someone at the event to receive credit). Has anyone experimented with that?

Once everyone is done, you can freely leave the map – rewards are given when timer hits 0 in your Mission Roster. Both personal and Guild are rewarded this way.

• I don’t know if the personal reward is exclusive to the first 15 who make it through? Or can we continue to get people through while the timer on the Rush event and the Race are still active?

Everyone who participates get them, even if multiple players find the same location in Guild Trek. Same goes for Race/Rush

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

My guild did all, except for the WvW Mission Slot – got guild favor and everyone who participated got their personal rewards.

Im very glad your guild got the rewards, i wish mine had!

We tried once more later, and one person out of the entire guild got a reward chest. I got the reward chest for the PVP mission from another guild im in, but i didnt get any of the PVE chests.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.