Guild Missions:Rewards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Hi all.Reecently,my guild went to help another guild with thier t1 guild bounties.We managed and killed the first boss (Trilla) but we didn’t fint Sizzo (or smthing like that in Gend Fields).My guild didnt get anything from killing the first boss.Only the exp,karma and gold from doing a normal D.E.I read that a guild has a big profit from helping other guilds doing their GMs.Would we get the rewards if the event was succeeded or the rewards are only some karma and the money (3s)?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Yeah, I’m not sure how rewards in doing guild missions are supposed to work, exactly. Not sure what the big draw is for non-guild members other than standard event rewards.

On the topic of rewards, letting the chest spawn once a week seem like a huge disincentive. Our guild have done the bounties, and now there is no point in doing them again. I mean, why should we? I like that the rewards are good, but not having some sort of daily reset just seem wrong. Perhaps have members who’ve done it for the week get a smaller reward.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You only get the standard event rewards. Otherwise there would be no reason for guilds to strive towards the missions themselves if they could get all the rewards by just following another guild around.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

This does need to change. You should get the full rewards just for participating in the events, you shouldn’t have to be part of the initiating guild. The “incentive” for the originating guild should be the same as for dropping banners and stuff, that you want to give something back to the community, and also get those benefits for yourself, but there’s no need for those benefits to be exclusive to your own guild.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

So we are small guild, about 13 of us managed to build Bounty T1.
So we run it, got 2 bosses, we are small, so in this moment we start running. We cannot cover all the bosses before we start the Bounty.
First boss managed to find, but dont know what will it be about, we were in small numbers(5-6 people) and managed to kill him in 10 minutes.
Second boss in Frostgorge, he was hard to find. Killing him wasnt easy too, and suddenly Bounty have failed. Ok, lets do it again, now we know what we need to do.
After another 3 tries, we were not able to do Guild Bounty.
All 3 tries we like this: find boss, kill boss, find another, bounty expires, killed boss in about 2 minutes after time limit.

Anet seriously, you are killing small guilds. We cannot guard every NPC in game before we start bounty. It was not intented to do it this way. Big guild just can find them before they run Bounty and with 30-40 players, they just wiped them.
But smaller guilds? Took 5 minutes to find one,then 10 minutes to kill him with 10-13 people,(karka boss took more because we need to kill vet carka before) and them another 5 minutes to find another NPC.
I know it is bounty, but cant you just say more about their location? Maybe marker in map apperes ony for 2 secs every minute? So “not big zerg” guilds have also change to complete it?

Posted by: Demondim.7046

Demondim.7046

It is curious as to why there is even a timer on the Guild Bounty event.
Seems more and more that these guild missions are not meant for smaller guilds.

Posted by: BlueL.7382

BlueL.7382

I was part of that guild bounty myself and even though I am a member of the guild and representing it, I only got the exp and gold reward too. A few others had the same issue. I was guesting at the time because I am on a different server than most members of the guild. Thought that could be the reason but people from the same server got nothing too.

Hule.8794

We also need reward update from Anet.
I got my chest reward during the first bounty, after killing only one NPC. Others from my guild, they were whole time with me in party and they participated at same bosses, get chest after third NPC killed. Really wierd.
And of course, how ofter we can get chest reward? Every day? Once a week?
My guild can only do Guild Bounty Tier 1, because of we spend all our influence to make Bounty playable and we dont have many people to play higher tier.
So if we can get only one chest during a week, guild missions are not for us.
Because there is no point to play them. Event if we get all merits, we wont be able to unlock other guild missions in next 3 months.(Our income is about 5000 inf a week.) To get next we need 50k so its 10 weeks. Only if all guild members log every day for at least 1 hour. Best way to group together and do dungeon runs to maximalize influence income.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

So we are small guild, about 13 of us managed to build Bounty T1.
So we run it, got 2 bosses, we are small, so in this moment we start running. We cannot cover all the bosses before we start the Bounty.
First boss managed to find, but dont know what will it be about, we were in small numbers(5-6 people) and managed to kill him in 10 minutes.
Second boss in Frostgorge, he was hard to find. Killing him wasnt easy too, and suddenly Bounty have failed. Ok, lets do it again, now we know what we need to do.
After another 3 tries, we were not able to do Guild Bounty.
All 3 tries we like this: find boss, kill boss, find another, bounty expires, killed boss in about 2 minutes after time limit.

Anet seriously, you are killing small guilds. We cannot guard every NPC in game before we start bounty. It was not intented to do it this way. Big guild just can find them before they run Bounty and with 30-40 players, they just wiped them.
But smaller guilds? Took 5 minutes to find one,then 10 minutes to kill him with 10-13 people,(karka boss took more because we need to kill vet carka before) and them another 5 minutes to find another NPC.
I know it is bounty, but cant you just say more about their location? Maybe marker in map apperes ony for 2 secs every minute? So “not big zerg” guilds have also change to complete it?

try using a guide. My small guild also finished t1 bounty with just 6 people. We almost finished t2 but spent too much time looking for 1 of the bounties. If we found her instantly, we would’ve had enough time to finish t2.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Hule.8794

We tried to use guide at dulfy.net but no guide wont tell you exactly where NPC is. if you need to run on whole man trying to find NPc you will just loose much time.
As I said, we almost done it, fighting second NPC, maybe in half and Bounty failed.
Maybe advancing time to 20 minutes will be good. Smaller guild will have more time, bigger guid are not worried by time, because they can send people to find them before starting bounty.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

We tried to use guide at dulfy.net but no guide wont tell you exactly where NPC is. if you need to run on whole man trying to find NPc you will just loose much time.
As I said, we almost done it, fighting second NPC, maybe in half and Bounty failed.
Maybe advancing time to 20 minutes will be good. Smaller guild will have more time, bigger guid are not worried by time, because they can send people to find them before starting bounty.

The way to do the bounties is to split your guild into teams. For tier 1, two teams are enough, you shouldn’t all go searching for one bounty and then search for the other, your chances of succeeding are lower that way. Splitting is the key here and since bounties can be killed with 5 people, 10 people are enough to do a tier 1 bounty, maybe even less if you get help at the location.

You only get the chest reward once anyway so being there to kill all bosses is pointless, you will not get more chests if you kill more bosses, and that’s obviously good.

Hule.8794

NPCs are killable in 5 people? Yeah, sure but not in time limit. Some NPCs are really nasty, like that in Frostgorge, half ele half thief with Lt.Kholer pulls.
Or maybe Vet. Karka? While there are other vet karkas there? And when You kills karka 2 times, you need to kill champion NPC. Really not doable with only 5 people.

maddoctor.2738

NPCs are killable in 5 people? Yeah, sure but not in time limit. Some NPCs are really nasty, like that in Frostgorge, half ele half thief with Lt.Kholer pulls.
Or maybe Vet. Karka? While there are other vet karkas there? And when You kills karka 2 times, you need to kill champion NPC. Really not doable with only 5 people.

If one of the npcs you get is a “tough” one and the other is easy, you can send two groups of 5 to find both, one group follows the “tough” one while the other group kills the easy one, then you all focus on the “tough” npc, 10 players should be enough, keep in mind that with more players scaling kicks in and makes the fight even harder, not easier.

Also, advertising in map chat helps

Hule.8794

I wont argue with that. maybe our guild is not really focused to zerker.
We mainly play WvW so we are not full zerker ones, and even CoF path 1 took us more than 15 minutes.
Problem is that FIND them time. It tooks a lot, not killing them in fact.
Maybe guild bounty timer should not end, while you are in a middle of a fight with boss and there is in quest log that you have 6 minutes to kill him.
And also that teleport when this fail is bad. See 5 people can be wiped easily in first moments of fight, until you see what NPC does, and if he wipes you, he instatntly teleport away and you need to find him again.
So my question: have you REALLY tried to do it with only 10 people? I doubt it.
And yes advertising in map chat helps, but remeber you got only 15 minutes to do it, if you are not on high pop server- your bad, pay and transfer. And then build all influence again. With 10 members? Are you crazy? It took us 6 months to unlock all. Should we spend another 6 months?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Can we get some sort of official response to when these rewards are suppose to drop?

Some guildies have 6 commendations, other have gotten nothing from these things for 4 days whats going on Anet…

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Can we get some sort of official response to when these rewards are suppose to drop?

Some guildies have 6 commendations, other have gotten nothing from these things for 4 days whats going on Anet…

You can get more if you are in multiple guilds runing missions. Reward is guild bound not account.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: BlueL.7382

BlueL.7382

You can get more if you are in multiple guilds runing missions. Reward is guild bound not account.

That still does not explain no reward at all (if it is true). The commendations should be something all guild members that take part in the mission should get.

Imo this is another example of something implemented without proper testing. Like the 1st day of the new daily system. Lets hope they fix it as fast.

(edited by BlueL.7382)

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

It’s hard but possible. Last night we’ve finished t3 in 20 ppl. 2 seconds before the end of time for it. But t1 and t2 are easy. All you need to do is find as many bosses as possible before you start. Then if there is 13th of you, you should have at least 2 found. You DO NOT teleport all to 1 and kill him. You divide in 2 teams and kill both at the same time. Now you have only 1 to find (possibly he/she was found earlier). If you’ve found it earlier 1 person is still with him/her and you wp there and finish boss.
You get commandations for 1 boss kill so no one will miss it, the last person will get it from the last boss.

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”

maddoctor.2738

That still does not explain no reward at all (if it is true). The commendations should be something all guild members that take part in the mission should get.

Imo this is another example of something implemented without proper testing. Like the 1st day of the new daily system. Lets hope they fix it as fast.

I think you need to get credit for the event to get the commendations. Like in all events, by doing some damage on the boss, otherwise you get nothing.

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

It’s like posted above. when we started our hunt i was next to 1 of the bosses. It had like 20% of life as other guild was already killing him. I was alone and it was tagged for us when he was killed.

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

What i mean is since we started i have gotten 6 Guild commendations? my brother who has fought the same bosses has received 0 commendations for the last 4 days..

So i’m confused
Is it 2 commendations a day (24 hours)
Is it 2 commendations per tier killed?
Is it 2 commendations per week (if so how did i get 6)?

This info should be on the game website for all to see this lack of info is very poor…

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

the new system is not small guild friendly. i highly doubt anyone even considered it…

Posted by: Xorcerox.4807

Xorcerox.4807

You don’t get recommendations if you are guesting a server. You only get it once per mission. Note that the reset timer is on saturday (Saturday evening (7pm EST) – same time as the daily reset time.) You get those commendations (and 2 rare or better + 50s) if you killed one of 2/3/6 NPCs.

Leader of Death Is Energy[DIE]

maddoctor.2738

You don’t get recommendations if you are guesting a server. You only get it once per mission. Note that the reset timer is on saturday (Saturday evening (7pm EST) – same time as the daily reset time.) You get those commendations (and 2 rare or better + 50s) if you killed one of 2/3/6 NPCs.

Yes but you get it if you switch guilds… that’s the problem

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

killed 1 bounty only for tier 1,got 2 commendations and 15 merits.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Merit/first#post1563193

Posted by: Xorcerox.4807

Xorcerox.4807

Of course you get 2 commendations if you kill “one of 2/3/6” depending on tier. But no, your guild has to kill 2 bounties for tier 1 to get the merits, that does not mean that you have to kill 2.

Leader of Death Is Energy[DIE]

Hule.8794

Of course you get 2 commendations if you kill “one of 2/3/6” depending on tier. But no, your guild has to kill 2 bounties for tier 1 to get the merits, that does not mean that you have to kill 2.

What? My english is not soo good, so I dont understand you.
For merits, you need kill both bounties in T1.
For Commendations in chest you need to kill only one of bounties.
Right?

maddoctor.2738

What? My english is not soo good, so I dont understand you.
For merits, you need kill both bounties in T1.
For Commendations in chest you need to kill only one of bounties.
Right?

Yes. Commendation = any boss, merit = all of them
That way guilds can defeat all bosses at the same time, thus saving time.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There is already a dedicated thread about this topic here : New guild missions: opinions & concerns, where you can ask your question about this.

This thread is now closed to avoid duplicates.