Guild Missions and their state.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

It’s been over a month now. And let’s face it. Guild Missions are a mess.

I’m not going to list all the bugs again here as there are numerous posts that are just left ignored. But the list is long.

They might have been boring at times, but there is one thing I miss the most about the old missions…

They worked.

Please fix them or revert them to their original state. Because as they are right now, less and less people are interested in doing them as they’ll normally end up being a huge waste of time. Or in case of Challenges for the past two weeks… not a waste at all since they won’t even start…

It’s really saddening that it’s been so long without as little as acknowledgement about this issue.

(edited by Romo.3709)

Posted by: Nemitri.8172

Nemitri.8172

Yeah I made a similar post and it got completely ignored. Really sad.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Yes, lets not make what is a GUILD event a priority in GUILD Wars, especially when it was working perfectly up until them breaking it.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Yea. Their focus is completely away from this area. Not even discussing it with us in any way…

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Lets hope that this mysterious December patch will fix everything HoT managed to break.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

is challenge fixed yet?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

No mention of Guild Challenges in the patch notes?

Great… we are stuck with the SAME undoable challenges this week as we were last week.

IMHO fixing these missions should have been a priority for Anet…

Way to drop the ball…

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some things about guild missions are better:

• Individual rewards for Treks and bounties are easier to achieve.
  • You can trigger and retrigger missions as often as you like, without spending any guild currency.
  • Tiny guilds have more opportunities than before.
  • Challenges (when they work) are in self-contained instances, preventing conflicts with other guilds.

Things that are worse:

• Challenges are mostly bugged.
  • A few other bugs need to be addressed.

I prefer the new system by far (even though my personal guild bank has stopped earning currency that I used to convert into gold).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Some things about guild missions are better:

• Individual rewards for Treks and bounties are easier to achieve. Tick
  • You can trigger and retrigger missions as often as you like, without spending any guild currency. Partial tick – only if the guild allows their people to do it. some wont due to anet not separating the weekly change type of mission for the guild and the launch mission button responsibilities.
  • Tiny guilds have more opportunities than before. – Partial tick – Not until they have spent a lot on upgrades in a G Hall.
  • Challenges (when they work) are in self-contained instances, preventing conflicts with other guilds. – I see that as a partial negative, small guilds used to be able to piggy bank with larger ones to get challenges done.

Things that are worse:

• Challenges are mostly bugged.
  • A few other bugs need to be addressed.

I prefer the new system by far (even though my personal guild bank has stopped earning currency that I used to convert into gold).

I also wish that the wvw acheives such as camp capture didnt require three guild members, if you are with a group of randoms doing this then you should get personal credit.

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I actually disagree with the base of this thread. There ARE issues and problems, I fundamentally agree, but for us and our guild, overall the missions are an awesome change.

We’ve only had one challenge bug and that was the Skritt one last week. All the other PvE and PvP missions have worked great for us. The Rush has a few issues with wanting to suddenly change maps after you’re half way through which we find so odd and also the way it gets launched can be difficult, but otherwise all of the missions we’ve done have been successful.

WvW is an issue though, as I already posted in another thread and I agree entirely that it should either a) allow people to guest onto other worlds for multiserver guilds to do these missions, or b) allow fewer than 3 people to do it (although I rather feel that defeats the object of “guild missions”.

I love the fact they cost nothing to restart should you fail once around. I love that Bounty for us has been one target especially when there are only 10 or so people online, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Trek which we’ve never been able to do and now enjoy very much whether it be 30 targets or 5.

I guess, by the sounds of it, we’ve been lucky where bugs are concerned. There were more bugs with people not getting commendations prior to the changes than now, for us anyway.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow