Guild Missions sneak peek

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Step 1: join large guild as one of your 4 guilds
Step 2: Enjoy guild rewards from large guild
Step 3: go back to representing small guild for the rest of the week
Step 4: eventually get all the big guild rewards for your small guild

It sounds like you only get the main reward for the first mission of each type you complete each week. So you can do those with a larger guild and the rest of the week you can build influence with your smaller guild.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

It sounds like you only get the main reward for the first mission of each type you complete each week. So you can do those with a larger guild and the rest of the week you can build influence with your smaller guild.

Until the large guild kicks you for not representing all/most of the time.

Side question: If you buy a guild backpack in one guild, and then join/rep another one, does the guild icon on the item change? or does it stay the original one?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

50000 influence? Really?

oh sad, our guild is kinda new, so we only have 22k >.<

time to buy guild influence for 20 gold = 20 k influence

20g only gets you 10k influence ^^; 2g per 1000 influence. 100g for 50k influence.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Until the large guild kicks you for not representing all/most of the time.

Side question: If you buy a guild backpack in one guild, and then join/rep another one, does the guild icon on the item change? or does it stay the original one?

It changes.

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

The first Bounty mission requires only two champion-level bosses to be killed in 15 minutes. Unless those champions have a very large amount of health, a guild of 4-6 could easily do it.

I think that those bosses are something more then ordinary champions and dealing with them will require a bunch of people… So killing them both at the same time probably require 5 people at each boss and that is 10 in total. I can be wrong.

Take in mind that the guild missions suppose to be long running feature. I really don’t think that acquiring influence is going to be a problem for any guild with 15+ reasonably active players. I know that a lot of people are whining about the amounts of influence required… But I personally don’t think that this is going to be a major problem.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Why do we need small guilds again?
If you want to band together with your friends you are still allowed to do so by representing two guilds and making sure the bigger one understands your stand.

But do not expect to be rewarded for a group of 5 active players at a time in the guild -
a small guild makes no difference than a 5 man pug.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

This amount of needed influence is killing many many smaller guilds but do not bother big guilds in any way. An extremly bad choice of design just make more player frustrated, as they have not a whiff of a chance in a smaller guild.
A full new meaning of “Guild Wars”!

Guild Missions are for 15 players+. I think that 15 players are able to acquire this amount of influence pretty easily in a week.

That don’t change anything.
All other guilds i know have less than 15 members. I will wait for the patch to see, what is really going on, but as far as i can see, we well be overflooded next in the LA map chat with “glfm” and that will mean: guild looking for members.

To the argument “you can buy influence with gold”. Sure, and you are willing to give me 30 Gold? Good to know ;-)

(edited by Sitael.4680)

Geotherma.2395

If you want to band together with your friends you are still allowed to do so by representing two guilds and making sure the bigger one understands your stand.

But do not expect to be rewarded for a group of 5 active players at a time in the guild -
a small guild makes no difference than a 5 man pug.

Every guild makes a difference no matter the size. If they contribute to the game actively and are a positive influence to the game they are just as valuable as a 500 member guild. Small guilds are also beneficial in WvW for targeted advances and other purposes. For PVE small guilds with active players usually make events and want to become larger so in some instances contribute more to the game than large guilds.

As far as how influence works here’s the link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Influence

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Sitael.4680

If you want to band together with your friends you are still allowed to do so by representing two guilds and making sure the bigger one understands your stand..

You can represent one (1) guild.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

If you want to band together with your friends you are still allowed to do so by representing two guilds and making sure the bigger one understands your stand..

Yeah I meant be part of 2 or more at any given time, bad choice of words.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Mwerevu.4013

Mwerevu.4013

Absolutely ridiculous.

I’m the leader of a small guild made up of RL friends. We will be completely unable to take part in this content without merging with some mega-guild. Considering I’ve previously been hyping my guild up about all the new things we’ll be able to do together, this is an extreme disappointment.

Sitael.4680

Yeah I meant be part of 2 or more at any given time, bad choice of words.

Thats right, but you still can only represent one and if you are going to earn rep. through guild missions for yourself, you will have to represent the guild which offer the mission. And that is very counterproductive for your own small(er) guild.

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

The whole argument that small guilds cannot partecipate this is invalid.
You can buy 50k influence with 100g. Even a very small guild of 10 people can gather 10g each (which is the income of one, single day of normal play) and buy 50k influence.
Just organize a day of guild fractals and you’ll get that money in 24 hours.

Geotherma.2395

You can buy 50k influence with 100g. Even a very small guild of 10 people can gather 10g each (which is the income of one, single day of normal play) and buy 50k influence.

Tell that to the 30 page thread about loot, where people claim its impossible to make 1 gold a day :P To clarify, I’m not stating this update is impossible for small guilds, just stating some facts. Previous post.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

To the lower guilds, here is something you need to be aware of

Tier one only cost 30k influence. Most of the guild mission tips have only one tier with the exception of 2 (which are supposed to be insanely hard). They don’t want you to get guild missions in a week of creating a guild. This is supposed to be something that you earn over a period of time. This is also supposed to be a drain for current guilds with influence. I know some have 600k+ influence.

Once you finally do upgrade one, it only cost 200 to activate, so its not that much. They didn’t screw over small guilds at all. Sure ones who just started or a week ago might have some trouble, but eventually you’ll get there. They do not want people earning this stuff within days.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

10g a day? lol your so full of kitten.

Posted by: ExDead.3945

ExDead.3945

you don’t need to unlock/complete all new content within minutes of a patch…

honestly the only guilds the influence restrictions will be harsh on are lazy guilds or strictly social guilds which either shouldn’t really care

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

I see “play your way” is almost completely ditched idea now. Not only are they encouraging people to join zerg guilds but they are also making gearing characters even more slow than it previously was. I currently have 3 lvl 80 mains, 4th is going to be lvl 80 soon and I also have a lvl 80 alt. The system in place to get exotics is perfect. I can truly play my way and still get them fairly fast. I can use my multiple characters to get more badges per day than someone with only character. And that is fair since I have put in more effort. I can even afford to get multiple sets to find THE build for me for most of my toons.

Now lets see how long it will take me to dress all my 5 lv 80s in one set of accessories (that are soulbound so I can’t even share them between my characters):

Rings: Unless getting extremely lucky 20 days x 5 = 100 days
Amulet: 35 days x 5 = 175 days
Earrings: 80 × 5 = 400 days OR 70 days if you are in a zerg guild

Anet really expecting me to spend a year just to get accessories for my characters in a game that was supposed not to have gear grind? And in that year they will release even more ascended pieces so that the time to get them goes up and up.

I am disappointed.

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Finally good update!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

10g a day? lol your so full of kitten.

I assume HannaDeFreitas is referring to an 8 hour “workday” of play? I know I don’t get 10g in the hour or two I get to play some days.

Posted by: Mwerevu.4013

Mwerevu.4013

Saying a small guild can just buy the influence they need with 100g is like saying “What, you don’t have bread? Why aren’t you just eating cake?”

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The missions seem fun but looks like an AWFUL lot of grinding to get more ascended trinkets.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

10g a day? Get RL.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This amount of needed influence is killing many many smaller guilds but do not bother big guilds in any way. An extremly bad choice of design just make more player frustrated, as they have not a whiff of a chance in a smaller guild.
A full new meaning of “Guild Wars”!

Guild Missions are for 15 players+. I think that 15 players are able to acquire this amount of influence pretty easily in a week.

The first Bounty mission requires only two champion-level bosses to be killed in 15 minutes. Unless those champions have a very large amount of health, a guild of 4-6 could easily do it.

if you can find them quickly that is.

Eyes in all the maps!

Step 1 – Sit down with your guild in game and plot a time to start it.
Step 2 – Go on forums or in map chat and advertise you’ll be doing the mission at a particular date/time and any are welcome to attend.
Step 3 – Announce it an hour before you start it in Lion’s Arch to catch last-minute beginners.
Step 4 – Mobilize and get to work.

Somehow I get the feeling this is the intended effect – to get guilds to operate with the community instead of on their own.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Nice. Our guild of 3 active members should have no problems getting to 50K. We are at 6000 at the moment… from 6 months of play…. :/

Hule.8794

Hey Reaper, you are playing this game wrong. You cannot enjoy it, it cannot be fun for you. You need to quit RL, play as work so even your small guild can afford to buy influence. Or just spend real money every month and so. 100G is really cheap.

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

The key is to quickly discover the location, though this in many respects is like a needle in a haystack, before intercepting and killing the individuals. With a timer of 15 minutes to find two bounties in the first tier, it’s a tough call.

Sounds like a good way to spend some money on waypoints… I guess we’ll just have to see.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Nice. Our guild of 3 active members should have no problems getting to 50K. We are at 6000 at the moment… from 6 months of play…. :/

What upgrades have you got so far, if any? Did you try recruiting people? Are you all active around the same time, or three people on and off during the week? What can other people do to help you out?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Geotherma.2395

Hey Reaper, you are playing this game wrong. You cannot enjoy it, it cannot be fun for you. You need to quit RL, play as work so even your small guild can afford to buy influence. Or just spend real money every month and so. 100G is really cheap.

100gold via gems = about $90 :P

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well, hmmm. 100 gold via gems is about $90, farm it out among nine members to make it $10 each . . .

Doable, but I wouldn’t advise it.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

What can other people do to help you out?

I love you for asking this.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I don’t think a lot of, if any, members are going to leave my small guild in favour of faster access to guild missions in a larger guild but most of them aren’t major money makers either so it will take us quite a while to get there.

(edited by rozcinana.7249)

Posted by: Cyndarth.8702

Cyndarth.8702

Two characters with 100% map, hundreds hours of play, and this is my first post ever because it’s the first time I’ve been arbitrarily locked out of content because of my MMO play style.

There goes my intimate guild of real-life friends. Yes, I’ve read all the arguments about how you can buy influence and if everyone spends a full day farming for money, you can buy your way into some of the guild missions, but that assumes that everyone in the guild has a high level of game dedication. Though we’ve got about 20 people in the guild, we probably only have 3 who are on at least every-other-day and I’m probably the only one logged in daily. We can organize group play with enough advanced notice. But this totally screws those of us who are very committed to the game, but also committed to our close group of friends who we prefer to play with.

Yes, being in multiple guilds and swapping your “representing” flag and hoping the bigger guild doesn’t kick you out for it is viable, but we shouldn’t have to jump through those kinds of hoops just to participate in these kinds of activities.

I’m happy joining PUGs for dungeons, but my preference for having a guild that is all close friends effectively walls me off from this content.

The only viable solution I see is to grant rewards for participation regardless of whether you are part of the guild that spawned the event.

proxy.7963

Two characters with 100% map, hundreds hours of play, and this is my first post ever because it’s the first time I’ve been arbitrarily locked out of content because of my MMO play style.

There goes my intimate guild of real-life friends. Yes, I’ve read all the arguments about how you can buy influence and if everyone spends a full day farming for money, you can buy your way into some of the guild missions, but that assumes that everyone in the guild has a high level of game dedication. Though we’ve got about 20 people in the guild, we probably only have 3 who are on at least every-other-day and I’m probably the only one logged in daily. We can organize group play with enough advanced notice. But this totally screws those of us who are very committed to the game, but also committed to our close group of friends who we prefer to play with.

Yes, being in multiple guilds and swapping your “representing” flag and hoping the bigger guild doesn’t kick you out for it is viable, but we shouldn’t have to jump through those kinds of hoops just to participate in these kinds of activities.

I’m happy joining PUGs for dungeons, but my preference for having a guild that is all close friends effectively walls me off from this content.

The only viable solution I see is to grant rewards for participation regardless of whether you are part of the guild that spawned the event.

If you’re one of a close-knit group of friends, why are you feeling so threatened by new shinies?

Friendship transcends shinies!

Geotherma.2395

Well, hmmm. 100 gold via gems is about $90, farm it out among nine members to make it $10 each . . .

This may sound silly, but I’ve spent like 60+ gold maxing out my personal guild I use for banners, just for fun :P I have almost every upgrade my 400+ member guild does heh Bank space is always nice, as are banners and karma buffs

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What can other people do to help you out?

I love you for asking this.

Ehh, the only thing preventing the community from being helpful (in 90% of the things) is the community actually wanting to be helpful. And this weekend I decided rather than complain about it, why not just do something about it? Sure I can’t do much outside my home server and I don’t have the authority to offer any guild resources but I can at least try to offer advice or some charity effort.

And if people in small guilds actually pull together on this Guild Mission thing, I’m willing to bet it will not be as bad. And I’m not talking “disband and make a new guild”, or “go to a larger guild and use that to help your smaller guild develop” . . . both make the identity of the small guild get watered down.

I’m talking “let’s help each other get this done”. I’m talking “hey, one of us is going to get to the missions first, you want to help out with them and we can help you guys get access?”

Hule.8794

He is not threatened, but not happy that playing with friends can lock you out of new content of 5 quests. ie whole new content for PvE of big, announced as big, patch.
Maybe we are all wrong and the price will be much lower. Maybe 5000influence, not 50 000.

proxy.7963

This may sound silly, but I’ve spent like 60+ gold maxing out my personal guild I use for banners, just for fun :P I have almost every upgrade my 400+ member guild does heh

My new purpose in this game is to open a personal guild and earn all missions, despite being completely incapable of actually taking part in them.

It will be called Hubris.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This may sound silly, but I’ve spent like 60+ gold maxing out my personal guild I use for banners, just for fun :P I have almost every upgrade my 400+ member guild does heh Bank space is always nice, as are banners and karma buffs

Nothing sounds silly to me in the world of MMOs. This is an example that small guilds can possibly compete, it’s just going to be at a different type of entry cost.

And again, it’s not something I’d advise to go full-steam-ahead into doing without discussing it.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Why is so many people upset that their is content that is designed for guilds or groups of people larger than 3 friends? If you only have 3 people active in your guild, this content might be realistically out of your reach. If you want to participate in ‘guild’ content, you will need to have a little larger/active guild.

I’m not going to get mad when they release PVP stuff or WvW stuff just because I don’t like to do it. If the ‘guild’ content is not within your reach because you don’t like to play in a guild with more than 3 people, don’t get mad. Continue playing the game and the rest of it’s content the way you like to play.

And 10G a day is not ridiculous. If you are specifically farming for gold, 3G an hour is fairly realistic estimate for the average person.

Just remember, this content is designed for ‘guilds’ and not just a small group of friends. You don’t need a mega guild to be able to do the content, just more than 3-4!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

10g a day? Get RL.

I don’t understand. Are people actually claiming that you can’t earn 10g in an average play session?

I play about an hour a day, and that is enough time to earn about 5g when I keep all the ectos I salvage. Putting me close to 6g an hour.

I can also run Cof which is also about 6g an hour with more of the profits shifted towards ectos.

I don’t think 2 hours of play for 10g is unreasonable, nor do I think that is some outrageous goal for a 10 person guild. I guess i’m having a very very hard time trying to figure out why this is a problem for small guilds because it really just isn’t.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Why is so many people upset that their is content that is designed for guilds or groups of people larger than 3 friends? If you only have 3 people active in your guild, this content might be realistically out of your reach. If you want to participate in ‘guild’ content, you will need to have a little larger/active guild.

I’m not going to get mad when they release PVP stuff or WvW stuff just because I don’t like to do it. If the ‘guild’ content is not within your reach because you don’t like to play in a guild with more than 3 people, don’t get mad. Continue playing the game and the rest of it’s content the way you like to play.

And 10G a day is not ridiculous. If you are specifically farming for gold, 3G an hour is fairly realistic estimate for the average person.

Just remember, this content is designed for ‘guilds’ and not just a small group of friends. You don’t need a mega guild to be able to do the content, just more than 3-4!

People are upset because one of the main one-liner arenanet fed us for months prior to release was “Play the game you want to play!”.

Keeping with that ideal, if people wanted to create a 5 man guild with close-knit friends who run some dungeons, thats how they want to play! Now, guild content is out, yey! But unless this guild ran 20 dungeons a day, I doubt they have all guild trait lines unlocked, let alone an additional 30k influence to train Bounty missions. Now this guild needs to recruit or join another guild, which is not how they wanted to play!

This whole idea of play the way you want to play gets thrown around all of the time. But to a guild of 5-10 people, even my guild of 30 folks, 30k influence is a lot. My guild has 33 members I believe. At peak, we have 10-15 people on. We are almost done training AoW 4,we paid our way to purchase another 20k for AoW (1 week of training). Are we supposed to sit around and farm events to get 30k influence to experience the content we want to?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Because apparently you missed the official memo from Arenanet when this FIRST came out.. Leah Rivera’s post was quite clear we were supposed to be able to do this:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-new-guild-missions/

“But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—all these missions take place in the persistent world, which gives you the ability to rally people from the surrounding countryside and maybe make some new friends in the process!

For those of us who saw the video and read this article we were really excited.. now.. we see what they really wanted.. and for those of us who actually were excited for guild waypoint discounts.. now we know it’s out of reach forever.

Geotherma.2395

I think minimum 15 people (assuming they are active, or at least 15 active at a time) is a guild number that could possibly complete these. Some more difficult than others of course, but I think 15 steadily active people is a good start.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Im in a larger guild sitting on 350k+ inf… and a very small casual guild of friends that have over 70k stocked up.

Small guilds arnt screwed unless they are new or are incredibly inefficient at spending and managing influence.

Posted by: Jakzor.4160

Jakzor.4160

do you guys think people guesting on another server will get credit if their guild is in that server.

E.G: im in a guild in piken square to wvwvw, but my pve guild is on underworld, should i get the same credit guesting there with my pve guild?

wadda u think :P?

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

That don’t change anything.
All other guilds i know have less than 15 members. I will wait for the patch to see, what is really going on, but as far as i can see, we well be overflooded next in the LA map chat with “glfm” and that will mean: guild looking for members.

Dude this is MMO! If you want to play alone then look for other game. If you want to play an MMO then prepare to organize and play with a large bunch of people!

Gw2 is so nice to everyone that it enables them to experience everything without even joining a guild. But… If you really want to achieve something then you need to play with others and by this I mean a lot of other people.

Don’t forget your playing an MMO!

(edited by HiddenNick.7206)

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Im in a larger guild sitting on 350k+ inf… and a very small casual guild of friends that have over 70k stocked up.

Small guilds arnt screwed unless they are new or are incredibly inefficient at spending and managing influence.

Stocked up? Stocked up? Are you in a small guild and have that kind of influence lying around? Hell we just used up what was left of our influence to raise Politics 4.

Posted by: Sphecida.6231

Sphecida.6231

I was so excited about this new content until I read how much influence was needed to unlock it. We have a 10-member guild of close friends. Two of those members, however, usually represent a different guild. We have jobs, so have only a few hours per day to play, and not everyone wants to run dungeons over and over and over just to farm gold. Most of us have played since beta, but we have not unlocked all the guild upgrades yet.

I have no problem at all with new content for large guilds – that’s wonderful! There should be content for them. I would personally love to have content for 6-10 member groups, as someone is inevitably left out of guild dungeon runs.

I like that in PvE and WvW, you can play with massive numbers of other people if zergs are your thing. But people who enjoy the coordination and effectiveness of small groups will have to look elsewhere for fun.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Hey nice, my guild really is hardlocked out of all the new content. And here I was happy that we’d been able to grind up another 2.5k in the last week. Great job of making me not care about this living storyline, A.net.