-Guild Recruiting

-Guild Recruiting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rojay.1726

Rojay.1726

Saw a post once about having a notice board in LA or starting maps where Guild leaders can post their recruiting msg. It’s something that could be very useful with small guilds getting members.

Leader Paradox of thel Arcane Soveregins [SVGN]
Crystal Desert
http://primordicsvgn.shivtr.com/

-Guild Recruiting

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

A notice board style recruit thing would be awesome for RP purposes. (though it would certainly draw trolls as well)

-Guild Recruiting

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Why would atrack trolls? that would be nice even for the guild that spend more time on wvw than any other part of the game as well.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

-Guild Recruiting

Miku.6297

Why would atrack trolls? that would be nice even for the guild that spend more time on wvw than any other part of the game as well.

Quality of messages posted on the board. If it’s a custom message like the guild adds you see in /map, there would be no reason people couldn’t put other “content” in their messages.

-Guild Recruiting

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

There should be some sort of in game guild recruiting system. Heck even silly app games that I play have such systems where it’s real easy to find the right guild for you. It’s also just as easy for guilds to recruit new players who are interested in exactly what they offer.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

-Guild Recruiting

Paulytnz.7619

Quality of messages posted on the board. If it’s a custom message like the guild adds you see in /map, there would be no reason people couldn’t put other “content” in their messages.

There’s ways Anet can deal with this sort of abuse. Last resort can always be a report abuse system. If they never added things to the game simply because “some” people could find a way to abuse it we would never get anything.

Heck would we even have a chat system at all? Emotes and I am sure many other things that could be mentioned.

-Guild Recruiting

Miku.6297

Let me clarify my original post.

I love the idea, I was simply stating that it could draw some undesirable messages. So it would need some for of monitoring or report functions.

-Guild Recruiting

Paulytnz.7619

I love the idea, I was simply stating that it could draw some undesirable messages. So it would need some for of monitoring or report functions.

Well yes this I would agree with. Anet would have to think ahead to try and preempt:

Trolls
Gold sellers
People using this for other services in the game instead when they should be using LFG or whatever else.

-Guild Recruiting

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well yes this I would agree with. Anet would have to think ahead to try and preempt:

Trolls
Gold sellers
People using this for other services in the game instead when they should be using LFG or whatever else.

First of all define a price per day or week, for the recruiting apear to players.
Second, create a dictionary with key words to prevent trolls and gold sellers, would be be marked for deletion.
Third impose rules, no caps lock text, reduce the ascii symboly, etc.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.