Guild Rushes > Officer only activate option

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Three times now we’ve had people start a rush or challenge after being asked not too. We have people merc in as it were to help so it’s impossible to tell who kittened it up.

Can we have a guild option that will only allow those with the correct privlige to activate a challenge? After all, normal members cant build them or activate them so why can they start them?

Posted by: MuffinPieFace.9513

MuffinPieFace.9513

You should put this in the suggestion section.

I can see what your saying, even if we were talking about small guilds, the leaders can just change their activation status to whatever suits the guild so it would be a good feature.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Right now you don’t even need to be in the guild to activate it.

We got Wolf Run for the 1st time yesterday. We had just finished our bounty, started Rush, and everyone went afk to watch video and break. Once everyone was back and settled we moved over to Harathi to start, come to find out we only had 2 minutes left because some passerby activated it.

We were unpleased....

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

We got Wolf Run for the 1st time yesterday. We had just finished our bounty, started Rush, and everyone went afk to watch video and break. Once everyone was back and settled we moved over to Harathi to start, come to find out we only had 2 minutes left because some passerby activated it.

We were unpleased….

+1 for people that do the event for the first time to find out what to do instead of simply watching a video with out even trying.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We were unpleased….

+1 for people that do the event for the first time to find out what to do instead of simply watching a video with out even trying.

Yes, because when my guild does it, we find it so much fun to flounder around like idiots and then try to funnel 25+ people through so everyone can get their doodads in the 30 minutes time window.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

We were unpleased….

You sure it affected u? Passerby can not activate it. Only a guild member (or officer i think) in a guild with active rush can activate it.

This happened before to us.
We came to a Rush place and saw the event with only 5m left.
But, that was other guild’s rush mission. We ended up transforming and running with them for fun. They failed though.
Then when their time ended. We activated ours and finished just fine.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

We were unpleased….

You sure it affected u? Passerby can not activate it. Only a guild member (or officer i think) in a guild with active rush can activate it.

This happened before to us.
We came to a Rush place and saw the event with only 5m left.
But, that was other guild’s rush mission. We ended up transforming and running with them for fun. They failed though.
Then when their time ended. We activated ours and finished just fine.

We didnt stick around to find out, you may be right.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Only someone with mission control can turn on the mission in the G menu but anyone can start the mission on scene it seems

I should as guild leader be able to set and see who has or can activate a mission on site.

If i have 40 players wanting to go to a mission and someone arrives and sets it off early it never ends well

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Guild Rushes is kinda of annoying in that regards, but generally if someone does it, I just tell them not to do it again. Lately, it has not happened, so I think my guild finally learned.

Guild Challenges I think has a different set of permissions as one of my members could not activate it when I told him too, forcing me to do it.

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Challenges seem to be activated by anyone, 3 of us arrived at a guild start and i was the only officer in the area. The mission had been started and some pugs were standing at the start