Guild System and Officer/Custom Chat Channel.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cafe.4832

Cafe.4832

Fellow players,

I have a decision to make. Which of the following is best?

• A system where people are bothered with in-game spamming
  • A system where people can easily see whenever they like

Introducing Guild system: Looking For Guild.

A system where you can find your guild. It’s similar to the Looking For Group-System. You make a topic and people can reply to it.

How will it be shown? YOU decide!

Post here below your artwork or comments about it and let it be heard by Guild Wars staff behind it.

NO MORE SPAMMING! EASY ACCESS TO (NEW) PLAYERS! NO MMO HAS THIS!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
OFFICER CHAT OR CUSTOM CHAT CHANNELS:
Too much whispering to each players? Tired of having meeting points accross Tyria? Introducing: Officer Chat. THE chat that will allow players to meet INSIDE the guild chat. Officers need to discuss and there is no way to do this while you are seperated, while you are in a dungeon and they’re not. Why waste time?

Improve Guild. It’s Guild Wars!

Life is simple, why not love?

(edited by Cafe.4832)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Most guilds that have officers have a Mumble/TS/Raidcall server which meets the demands for officer/leader discussion. Multiple rooms in the server can also be offered so that different groups have different chats. It doesn’t remove people from in-game guild chat, but it does reduce guild chat traffic so people who aren’t on microphones can still easily communicate.

I know that this requires using third party software- people argue that all of this should be managed in game and you shouldn’t have to use external software to properly play, but most MMOs are like this already. If A-net wanted to compete, they’d have to develop their own voice communication software in game and also possibly moderate it.

Either way, these systems are already in place and actively used. I don’t see much point in Anet spending time/resources developing a tool which would always be inferior to Mumble/TS/RC.

Also, Guilds advertise through the forums and places like gw2community . I’ve seen people advertise their guilds through LFG (not sure if this is bending the rules or not), but I don’t think we desperately need extra ways to find guilds in-game or otherwise.

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

Though my sample size is small, in the games that officer chat and in which I was an officer, the officer chat primarily ended up a back channel for snarky remarks about members. It’s not actually very beneficial.

Real guild business gets conducted in voice chat in my current and previous guild. If your guild is too small to have voice chat, odds are decent that your needs can be met with whispers or by simply partying up and using party chat.

I do think the chat system in GW2 could use some improvements (custom chat channels, please!), but I’ve not missed officer chat. Of course, if they did add custom chat channels, that’d solve your issue as well.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Cafe.4832

Cafe.4832

Either way, these systems are already in place and actively used. I don’t see much point in Anet spending time/resources developing a tool which would always be inferior to Mumble/TS/RC.

It’s not inferior. People don’t trust externally used programs. There can be links inside with virus. In-game is safer.

I do think the chat system in GW2 could use some improvements (custom chat channels, please!), but I’ve not missed officer chat. Of course, if they did add custom chat channels, that’d solve your issue as well.

I like your idea and hope it works.

Life is simple, why not love?