Guild Transport nerf?

Guild Transport nerf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

What the hell? My small guild of 4-5 members use this often when we get a chance to play together.
We don’t stand a chance getting any merits from guild missions and we’ve just resolved the fact that the weenie small bounty reward of influence is all we’ll ever get.
NOW you’ve completely alienated small guilds in this game with cutting off guild transports for us. I can’t believe this!!
I’m getting more tired of getting the anet shaft with each passing patch and starting to regret buying this game as well as convincing a lot of friends to as well.
Rethink this please!!!!!

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Apparently it’s meant to patch up an exploit.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

blame it on the gold sellers

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

…What’s a guild transport?

Seriously. I google’d it and got nothing.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Because Anet likes to punish everyone because of a few, y’know, like DR.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

What the hell? My small guild of 4-5 members use this often when we get a chance to play together.
We don’t stand a chance getting any merits from guild missions and we’ve just resolved the fact that the weenie small bounty reward of influence is all we’ll ever get.
NOW you’ve completely alienated small guilds in this game with cutting off guild transports for us. I can’t believe this!!
I’m getting more tired of getting the anet shaft with each passing patch and starting to regret buying this game as well as convincing a lot of friends to as well.
Rethink this please!!!!!

Quite a change in requirements huh? Convenient for Arenanet that small/medium guilds that were used to using that feature now have it taken away from them for a period of time that could be conveniently cut short by… :drumroll:… paying real cash

Amazing how that works out, isn’t it?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

…What’s a guild transport?

Seriously. I google’d it and got nothing.

It’s basically a dolyak with your entire guild’s vault on it’s back giving you access to all your guild’s possession (if you have access to it).

As for this nerf, Granted I was saving up for this, it seems now just to be a total and complete waste of time for me to even be saving up now. Guess I’ll buy some banners….even though they just sit there cause I never use them. oh well life goes on.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Rethink this please!!!!!

Quite a change in requirements huh? Convenient for Arenanet that small/medium guilds that were used to using that feature now have it taken away from them for a period of time that could be conveniently cut short by… :drumroll:… paying real cash

I wonder how paying real cash shortens the time it takes to access the guild vault. I think they would have done it a long time ago if this was the case.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Why can’t they just fix the exploit rather than ruin every thing that an exploit has touched? It’s a lazy approach. By now they should have learned and should have resources to deal with it. It’s not just after launch anymore.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Because it takes time to come up with a good solution for the exploit and then implement it. In the meantime, a quick and dirty interim fix prevents further use of the exploit.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

How is a guild vault being exploited? Not trolling, I really don’t know

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

multi guild feature is already a screw up,
so most people do have a bank guild for personal use other than active guild, while you in world map or dungeon and bags full, you can use vault transport to haul all your loot to later sell it or just store.

making new guild is free, and add vault transport so cheap, its like you dont need additional bag slot if you can have couple personal guild all for your self

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Rethink this please!!!!!

I wonder how paying real cash shortens the time it takes to access the guild vault.

Cash-gems-gold-guild influence-purchase guild upgrades. Still have to get the commendations though.

Did an edit while you were typing that, but at face value that makes sense.

gems to cash is so not worth it. The amount that you get is so small that it makes no difference.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Rethink this please!!!!!

I wonder how paying real cash shortens the time it takes to access the guild vault.

Cash-gems-gold-guild influence-purchase guild upgrades. Still have to get the commendations though.

gems to cash is so not worth it. The amount that you get is so small that it makes no difference.

I don’t mind farming gold to get the influence but the merit requirement as well???? We’re lucky we get the measly 3k influence on a guild bounty training mission. We kill the same dang bounty…no chest! no merit!
Big slap in the face for our small guild who have been avid GW fans since the beginning of GW1!!!

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

I wonder how more angry you guys will be when guild halls finally return…and probably cost a butt ton of merits and influence

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

do people really need to use this guild vault transport ? i mean, seriously ? i never use it. not even once …. lol

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

gold sellers uses them mostly,…

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Kirke Rafael.6321

Kirke Rafael.6321

That’s a very good question, what’s the purpose of vault transport now? When it was cheap, we used it out of laziness to dump things our guild collects without leaving wvw. And the dolly was cute. Now, when it costs a very important resource, it is simply useless.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I didn’t even know something like this exist until the patch.

Guild Transport nerf?

azizul.8469

I didn’t even know something like this exist until the patch.

me too…lol

Guild Transport nerf?

azizul.8469

i understand why goldseller would want to use guild bank, but guild vault transport ? why the transport ?

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: panikos.8309

panikos.8309

i understand why goldseller would want to use guild bank, but guild vault transport ? why the transport ?

I got no idea as well, about what we are talking about but I guess a goldseller with instant access to a much bigger storage space would stay and farm for more instead of going back and forth to offload things in the bank.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Because it takes time to come up with a good solution for the exploit and then implement it. In the meantime, a quick and dirty interim fix prevents further use of the exploit.

Yeah but then they never fix the exploit, its happened a number of times.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They’ve fixed many exploits in this game, and I’m sure there will be more exploit fixes coming up. I wonder how long the programming to do list is, and how many things are on it.

Just the other day, I went into the Centaur path of CM. You used to be able to swim under the raft the final boss stood on and melee him from below in complete safety. Now, the water is ankle deep. The bug was fixed.

The question is, if this does fix the bug, is it worth the time and energy to get a bigger/better fix.

It completely depends on what percentage of the game’s population was inconvenienced by the fix.

Guild Transport nerf?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Rethink this please!!!!!

I don’t mind farming gold to get the influence but the merit requirement as well???? We’re lucky we get the measly 3k influence on a guild bounty training mission. We kill the same dang bounty…no chest! no merit!
Big slap in the face for our small guild who have been avid GW fans since the beginning of GW1!!!

they did say though that you wouldn’t get any merits in the guild bounty missions. It’s just there so you could get enough influence.