Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

$250 worth of prizes? Are you guys going broke or just really cheap

Guild Wars 10th Anniversary Contest!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes, of course they should spend millions on a single contest rather then spending those money on resources for the game…

This is why we can’t have nice things. People will complain about every single thing.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

Yes, of course they should spend millions on a single contest rather then spending those money on resources for the game…

This is why we can’t have nice things. People will complain about every single thing.

Where did I say they should spend millions? Some people are content with nothing and anyone who thinks $250 is a valid prize is crazy hell they have better prizes in primary school give aways or anywhere I guess where u come from everyone is cheap so it’ must be acceptable otherwise I don’t understand your logic

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They didn’t have to have any prices with monetary values at all, they could simply have given away a special mini or title in game.

If you don’t like the value of the prizes simply don’t enter the contest. It is really as simple as that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Done! Wish we had a score at the end

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Questions about regional/national eligibility have arisen in the past, so we have included an article in our Knowledge Base to address such questions: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28147436-Contests-and-Tournaments

It would be wonderful to be able to offer this contest is all areas of the world, but unfortunately, as explained, that simply is not something that we are able to do.

I can’t view the link. It says:
“Sie haben keinen Zugriff auf dieses Thema.
Sie haben keinen Zugriff auf diese Seite. Wenden Sie sich an den Kontoinhaber dieses Zendesks.”
You don’t have access to this topic.
You don’t have access to this page. Turn to the account-owner of this Zendesk.

In that case, let me simply quote the Knowledge Base here:

Contests and Tournaments

Am I eligible to participate in a Guild Wars 2 Contest or Tournament?

Each contest and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel in various regions in which we have access to such professional reviews. Residents of countries in which we do not have legal counsel are not eligible to participate. In addition, residents of a country, state, or province that has legal restrictions on such events likewise are ineligible to participate. If you are ineligible to participate in a contest or tournament, please check the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming event.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

So I put the wrong email in the account part for the survey, is there a way to change that? :<
I don’t want to be kicked out of the contest just because I entered homail instead of aol on accident
Is there some one I can contact or am i just out of luck?

If you are one of the randomly-selected winners, I have a pretty good idea we’ll be able to reach you via the e-mail address you put. We may need information to verify that you have a Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 account in good standing, but beyond that, I think we can synch that up and get you your prize. (The same applies to others who made have made the same error.)

I’ll be posting a list of winners (by display name) so that’s another way we can coordinate all the information to make sure the winners get their prizes.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Today’s project: Come up with Guild Wars trivia for the ArenaNet staff. This is going to be extra challenging!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You should def post that challenge in the lore forums as well. They’d relish that challenge I suspect!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Not a bad idea, Randulf. But if I do, some ArenaNet staff members will see it and they’ll then know the answers!

Let me see if I can think of a work-around.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Put the answers in a spoiler and have them swear on their honor not to look. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Ask people on the Lore forums to email their questions and answers to you directly?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Oooh, that’s tempting, but I only have a few more hours. I’m going to keep that idea in my back pocket for the future, though. I’d love to collaborate with our Lore Forum members — they’re a fantastic group of people!

I’ll be doing fan events in the future; who better to ask for a few ideas, hmmm?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

we will get SAB in gw2 to celebrate 10 years of gw1 ?

that is my only question ! I also think its the most important

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

there should really be a GW1 event in GW2, something like nostalgia week or something with all kinds of drops you can normally only get in GW1.

for instance, classic dye drops from enemies, the commander class as buyable costume and armor, have an event at divinity’s reach with contests, have some of the GW1 event hats as rewards.
just think how much fun it would be, there is so much in GW1 that an event like that would be quite huge.

Just a flesh wound.3589

^

Why doesn’t Guild Wars 2 have an annual birthday party, like Guild Wars 1 did? It feels so wrong for the anniversary to go by each year and it’s just another day. ANet find it right back then. It was something people looked forward to and really enjoyed.

Y’all need to get your groove back.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Maya.8715

Maya.8715

I live in Quebec….

Win 7 Ultimate//ASUS P5Q Pro//
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST Edition//Intel Core 2 Duo E8500//8 Gigs or DDR2 RAM//240 GB SSD

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Today’s project: Come up with Guild Wars trivia for the ArenaNet staff. This is going to be extra challenging!

I actually have an entire list of Guild Wars trivia that I used in the first game to quiz allies and give away prizes. They aren’t multiple choice, and most of them are harder than the ones you made for this event. I even have a bunch of screenshots that I took in different locations around the game for “Where was this taken?” style questions.

I would love to challenge the ArenaNet staff. Where do I sign up?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Where did I say they should spend millions? Some people are content with nothing and anyone who thinks $250 is a valid prize is crazy hell they have better prizes in primary school give aways or anywhere I guess where u come from everyone is cheap so it’ must be acceptable otherwise I don’t understand your logic

Please remember that you only answered 10 questions. You did not win a tournament or something else that took more than 5 mins worth of effort.

Also, if you look again, the prizes total are not to exceed that amount. that’s up to 25 bucks per player chosen.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Not a bad idea, Randulf. But if I do, some ArenaNet staff members will see it and they’ll then know the answers!

Surely they’d see the general subforum too though if ppl posted here?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You probably already have the list together but I imagine if this is tailored to ANet staff it should include questions about the development of the game. Y’know, original names for skills, who won the 2010 Ping Pong Tourney, etc.

Posted by: l Aurora l.3902

l Aurora l.3902

If I am 16, can I participate and my parents receiving the prize (if I won in the first place) ?

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Ok, I admit I filled this out right away. It’s nice of them to host a contest like this.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d love to see some of the answers that people gave to their fondest memory. Copy paste them here!

I got two that rather tie for the best memories of GW1. One was of fighting the titans; they had an awesome look to them, and a neat mechanic of splitting down into smaller creatures upon death. The other was venturing in the Realm of Torment – as a fan of psychological horror and all around dark stuff, the Realm of Torment calls to my very soul. And the lore found there! And when I went digging for all things related to the elusive Arachnia! My first true lore project. <3

Oooo, can I present some? Or partake even? I’ve always wanted to test my knowledge of GW lore against the devs.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I would also like to be partake!

I even have some questions myself if you need some!

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

One was of fighting the titans; they had an awesome look to them, and a neat mechanic of splitting down into smaller creatures upon death.

I know right? I was recently playing the Ring of Fire missions for the 10th anniversary and at first forgot they do that. Then my party was decimated by the Sparks.

Just a flesh wound.3589

That reminds me of the first time I did the Domain of Anguish, known as DoA or Dead on Arrival. I was innocently standing right by the spot where the Dreadspawn Maw came out of the ground and it about gave me heart failure when it leaped up right beside me.

I took off running. Lol.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

The workaround:

Ask people to post trivia questions without the answers. If you like the question PM the poster for the answer. It doesn’t fill up your inbox, and we get to play along too. Win-Win.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Schumi.4285

Schumi.4285

I’ll be posting a list of winners (by display name) so that’s another way we can coordinate all the information to make sure the winners get their prizes.

-push-

any news?
winners?
please also post in other language forums.

Thanks!

Edit:
Re-Read the op…

RANDOM DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 8, 2015* *from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.

*WINNER NOTIFICATION: *Potential winners will be notified via e-mail from an ArenaNet staff member to the winner’s forum account & will have 72 hours from notification to respond to Sponsor. The failure to respond to such notification or a potential winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, & at Sponsor’s sole discretion, prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.

So we have to wait a few more days

(edited by Schumi.4285)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s still the weekend here in the US. Just be patient.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Just this morning got my twin Axes, “Rival Sky’s”. Its quite cool running around with 2 axes, even if the one that hides your shield never moves, its still a nice look. Looking at getting some Balthazar weapons next. Hammer sword and shield if I have the time.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

RoseofGilead.8907

I got the axes, too. So pretty!

BrotherBelial.3094

Have the winners of this been picked.yet?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I wonder if this is another event where people will get extra rewards while the rest are left in the dust. I certainly have no illusions that the selection is in any way fair or random anymore.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Have the winners of this been picked.yet?

RANDOM DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 8, 2015*

The Burninator

BrotherBelial.3094

Will the proof of legend be returning? I was 2 out from getting another weapon. I hope so. I don’t mind holding on to the other 3 for a year.

BrotherBelial.3094

So, any news on the winners? Also any chance that you could put up the questions with the correct answers. I just want to know lol.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I was certain of 9, the question regarding the descendent of Doric and Salma I am sure I had right per the lore, but it was not the most popular answer. Do not answer the question here, though the contest is over, they may wanna wait to reveal answers. PM me if you wanna discuss answers.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

They didn’t have to have any prices with monetary values at all, they could simply have given away a special mini or title in game.

If you don’t like the value of the prizes simply don’t enter the contest. It is really as simple as that.

They could of actually done that and save money all together for other things but instead focused again ingame on the tp

Posted by: Schumi.4285

Schumi.4285

bump once again.

Any news on this?

:D

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Questions about regional/national eligibility have arisen in the past, so we have included an article in our Knowledge Base to address such questions: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28147436-Contests-and-Tournaments

It would be wonderful to be able to offer this contest is all areas of the world, but unfortunately, as explained, that simply is not something that we are able to do.

That means Texas is excluded as well?

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

RoseofGilead.8907

That means Texas is excluded as well?

No. Why would you think that?