Guild Wars 2 - A fun time was had by all ...... or was it ??!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rusty.7942

Rusty.7942

Is GW2 a fun game ??

In the beginning it was, lots of places to explore, 80 levels to achieve, world map completion, world v world, PVP, dungeons, crafting, the list goes on.

But now at level 80, 2 crafting professions at 400, world map complete, hmm what now, make a legendary weapon ?? Well, I read up on what I needed, began to collect what I needed, try to increase my gold coins to buy the two recipes and icy runes stones I needed and then all of the rest …….

Sadly I don’t think I will ever get a legendary, the game has lost me, just too much that I find annoying and not fun anymore. I need ancient wood and the orichalcum ore, but how much of that can I run around and collect every day, and the node locations change every reset. I could buy it of TP but then I would run down my coins and not have enough to buy the other stuff I can only buy with gold coins …. btw I find making any coins tough going.

ArenaNet no doubt have their reasons for how they have designed the game, but for me the fun has gone. With one character I have seen everything, explored everywhere, running another one to 80 does not seem worth it. So my time is over, maybe, I just dont enjoy it anymore.

But, the first couple of weeks was excellent. I will have a break for a while and see later.

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

Yeah GW2 is fun for a lot of people but all games lose it’s spark from some players every now and then… Have fun on your break.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: Ren.7539

Ren.7539

Once u hit 80 and your all geared up… go quest with friends… do all the xplore dungoens… WvW … and the best part about it …. why not make 4 other toons and get them to 80… No point in rushing the game .. just enjoy the story lines have fun … eventually there will be updates.. the game has only been out less then 2 months

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

So what you’re saying is, you’ve played all parts of the game you find fun, and are now going to stop. Sounds pretty normal.

You got several hundred hours’ worth of entertainment for $60. Money well spent, I’d say. You are a person who does not find ongoing play in the game fun…so there’s no reason at all not to take a break and come back when there’s more content you enjoy. Colin Johanson isn’t going to show up at your front door in tears if you don’t keep playing 24/7.

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

The game was fun, but I expected a lot more. I expected the game to build on what was shown in the low-level areas during the BWEs in terms of world complexity, difficulty, and character progression. None of that was delivered. The game is exactly the same at any level past 30, when you unlock your elite slot and your character progression is over. Every map is the same, they might as well be skins for one map. Events never fail. Enemies don’t get more difficult or more interesting to fight. Personal story is so bad its not even worth doing. Finally, there are just no PvE gameplay mechanics aside from combat and crafting. No content intended for guilds to do, no interesting mechanics like world PvP (not saying it should be in GW2, just throwing out things other MMOs have done to spice up the gameplay), guild-controlled towns and player housing, no guild vehicles (airships), I could go on and on. Could these things be coming in the future? Sure. But I won’t be playing the game until then, I think.

(edited by lacrimstein.5603)

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

We are in a small but tight guild and we’re having a great time every night.

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

For me personally there’s a lot more stuff to do than in other mmo’s that were launched over the past 10 years, this short after the launch.
No offense but a lot of players just shouldn’t play games at launch and expect it to have as much varied stuffs to do as games that have been out for years, they’ll just be dissapointed and leave (not saying this is the case with OP but rather a general observation). All those games needed their time as well to add stuffs.

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

I knew what I was getting in to way before I started playing. 3 or 4 years ago when they were in development, they kept saying “no grind” and “flat leveling curve”. My main concern was how fast leveling would be, and what to do after you hit cap, since there’s no grind.

So I decided back then that when I started playing this, I would totally take my time and explore/wander everywhere. Currently my highest alt is level 68.

For those people who got 100% completion on their first character, I feel sorry for you, you basically used up all content on your first play-through rather than playing different races and taking different paths. There’s still a few level 50+ maps that I haven’t even seen yet.

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Yeah. Check back later on.

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Ah….good old WoW….has programmed the masses to need a treadmill.

Stevoli.8795

Something just came to mind. There seems to be an entire generation of MMO hipsters these days. They start playing the latest MMO, and then scoff at it after they burn through the content and wonder what to do next.

It honestly reminds me of those people who sit in coffee shops, simultaneously talking on their iPhone while typing on the latest Mac Book Pro, talking trash about anything and everything that doesn’t fit perfectly with their lifestyle.

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

Love GW2 only break i will take is to play some halo 4

lacrimstein.5603

Ah….good old WoW….has programmed the masses to need a treadmill.

Something just came to mind. There seems to be an entire generation of MMO hipsters these days. They start playing the latest MMO, and then scoff at it after they burn through the content and wonder what to do next.

It honestly reminds me of those people who sit in coffee shops, simultaneously talking on their iPhone while typing on the latest Mac Book Pro, talking trash about anything and everything that doesn’t fit perfectly with their lifestyle.

Sounds like someone couldn’t think of anything to say, and decided to resort to personal attacks for the sake of saying something to defend their precious game.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi,

Please, keep the thread constructive and friendly and avoid resorting to personal attacks on engaging in flamewars, as we don’t like this behaviour on the forums.
Thanks

Stevoli.8795

Sounds like someone couldn’t think of anything to say, and decided to resort to personal attacks for the sake of saying something to defend their precious game.

Sorry but making a generalized statement about modern gamers is not a personal attack. You on the other hand seem to be adding nothing at all to this thread.

I’m still having a good time in game, if you aren’t then maybe you should take a break or play something else, rather than making snide remarks about people who are actually still having fun here?

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

So what you’re saying is, you’ve played all parts of the game you find fun, and are now going to stop. Sounds pretty normal.

Actually, it sounds pretty healthy.

That said, I think the challenge for Anet now is to keep putting out a decent flow of new content. New legendaries with new skins, new dungeons, the lack of guild content is pretty noticeable for a game called Guild Wars.

More end game weapon/armor skins would be nice. The concept of legendaries is cool, but they need to make more of them and have different ones available via different game content paths.

Posted by: Urvile.3594

Urvile.3594

The more people that hit the ‘what now’ and wander away from the game = the less people potentially buying gems. So it is of sizable concern when the average joes start wandering away for greener pastures.

lacrimstein.5603

@Stravoli: Sounds like you didn’t read the thread and just made a post reflecting the title. Also I’ve already made a contribution to the thread. I didn’t bash on the game. I enjoyed it, for a month. I didn’t claim it was “kitten”, just pointed out some things that could be improved, as well features of other MMOs that are FUN (and have nothing to do with “treadmills” that a lot of people dismiss ANY suggestion as) that GW2 can only benefit from. I’ve contributed more to this thread than your “Huhuhu, you guys are hipsters”. Again, sounds like you didn’t read the thread.

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

@Stevoli.8795

You are definitely ‘correct’ because I feel the same way about the gamers these days. They expect the world and it immediately. They don’t have any idea how long things take to create/make/fix/test, etc.

It comes from the entitlement generation…where they are instantly satisfied due to being given things easily.

Right now, due to the other MMO, we have a MMO player now that is use to rush through content, burning through it really, and then expecting there to be something for them to do immediately when they get there and over and over and over.

People really need to not play GW2 every day. Just like many did with WoW when it first came out.

Stevoli.8795

I’ve contributed more to this thread than your “Huhuhu, you guys are hipsters”. Again, sounds like you didn’t read the thread.

So you completely ignored my post just before that… or maybe you just didn’t read the thread.

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. Time to close this thread down.