Guild Wars 2 Anniversary!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khorthall.1682

Khorthall.1682

So I’m thinking with the 2nd year of Guild Wars 2 coming in the end of this month, I’ve been looking at the calendar and saw that after the Dragon’s Reach Part 2 comes out, the next supposed ‘update’ would be the 26th of August!

Which is only a few days from Gw2 becoming its 2nd year since launch!

So what do you guys think Anet has planned for us? They mentioned after Dragon’s Reach Part 2, they are taking a break from the Living World.

I think this is because they want to do something special for its anniversary!

Share and Comment what you guys think they could have planned?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

they will order pizza then go on vacation?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

My guess is that lions arch is going to be reopened. What kind of events or festival comes with it I have no idea.
I will predict that the forums will be full of complaints but that prediction is too easy.

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Would like SAB, but I guess it won’t happen for the anniversary

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

More Queen Jennah minis, of course.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

If they dont do anything,with lack of living story this game will enter stale period again and thats not good for a game.I hope they release at least some event that we can play.Perhaps they are taking a break to focus more on next feature patch that they said will come till end of this year.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ll be on holiday then so either way, whatever comes out, I’ll miss out on it.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Ideally – Cantha reveal.
Realistically – Same stuff from last year.

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Mini Queen Jennahs, Mini Queen Jennahs as far as the eye can see.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Why not a giant explosion like what happened to Kessex Hills, Lion’s Arch, Scarlet’s house’s front door, Duke Barradin, the Twisted Marionette, sPvP, the China release, megaservers, Risen chickens, the Charrzooka, Super Adventure Box, Explosive Avoidance, the manifesto trailer, the 9.8 hype meter on mmorpg.com, Cantha, Elona, Abaddon, the Charr rebellion, the Searing, kitten memes, Orr, Ascalon, the nonexistence of mounts, King Adelbern, the Foefire, Tequatl, the Fire Elemental, and Scarlet?

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Wouldn’t that be just about the time for the next Feature patch?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

To keep up with the spirit of last year : the exact same thing except that instead of a Queen Jennah, we’re getting a Pale Tree avatar.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

They have a vacation planned for themselves. IF they do anything, this is my best bet:
They open a festival or something that can keep people busy for a month or so

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Well, Anet has been very silent for the past couple months, and their living story team is only a small part of their entire development team I’ve heard (20 members), so they have to have something hiding behind the curtains.

Expansion reveal on GW2 birthday?

:D

Magummadweller

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Well, Anet has been very silent for the past couple months, and their living story team is only a small part of their entire development team I’ve heard (20 members), so they have to have something hiding behind the curtains.

Expansion reveal on GW2 birthday?

With three new races, two new classes per armor class, new free to acquire in-game weapon and armor skins and a class revamp so they all get new weapons and skills!

Attachments:

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Don’t forget Cantha, Elona and finally all the stuff Manifesto video promised.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Mordremoth arrives and stomps Rata Sum flat

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I will predict that the forums will be full of complaints but that prediction is too easy.

If ArenaNet gives us all the exact same mini while simultaneously releasing a brand new set of 40+ minis in the cash shop those complaints will be justified.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I missed the announcement that they were taking a mid-season break after part 2, where did they announce that?

(You’d think something important like that would be on the news channel or something, but I’m not seeing it….)

Anyway, what might be get during the interim? Not a clue. Since they blew up the zephyrites, I’m not foreseeing Cliff’s being opened back up. My guess: we might get Crown Pavilion again, we might get SAB (goodness knows people have been asking for SAB). That does fall right around back to school time, so SAB might fit well. We might get a feature patch…although I haven’t heard anything about one of those either…

I guess we just wait and see…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I don’t want to ruin your fun, but most likely it will be recycled content from last year. I think last year was the crown pavilion if i remember correctly?

So yea..maybe the return of that. It’s even convenient because compared to all other events they did, this one doesn’t take place in LA because it’s in a destroyed state.

ALSO if they just recycle content (altho i absolutely hate things like this), they also win a small break inbetween real LS updates. For ex, next LS update will be the last, then they will have about a month to create the next one.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I hope the birthday gifts a a random mini from collection pack 1.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Maybe they will announce gw3!

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

I predict a whole lot of Queen Jenna outfits (yes especially with them now being account bound, haha!). :P

I think it would make sense if the Pavillion returned, but at the same time odd since we’ve just had that recently!

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Mini Turtle’s for all your characters, for everyone! Yay.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Dragon Bash 2

I’m fairly certain that is intended to be the GW2 annual birthday party.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Looking forward to my birthday booster <3

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

Honestly, I’m kind of looking forward to it. Birthday boosters etc and a new mini but the thing I would really really like is 1 lvl 80 scroll or some 20lv scrolls that can be used at any level. As an avid WvW player, I dont really like to level characters or involve myself in PvE too much. it certainly would save some time and effort.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

An expansion worth of content – srsly!

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Honestly, I’m kind of looking forward to it. Birthday boosters etc and a new mini but the thing I would really really like is 1 lvl 80 scroll or some 20lv scrolls that can be used at any level. As an avid WvW player, I dont really like to level characters or involve myself in PvE too much. it certainly would save some time and effort.

I think I would prefer an all traits unlock scroll or better if they remove the unlock system for the old traits.

At least you can level up by playing normally W vs W, but you can’t unlock the traits playing W vs W.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe that male/female formal wear that has been data-mined. Of course, that likely will be in the Gem Store. I did like the Top Hat/Tuxedo-look on the male Human/Norn.

No real idea what the Second Anniversary might bring. I’m thinking it won’t be one-size-fits-all Mini, again, though. Who knows? /shrug

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

my whishlist

1 mini zaithan
1 birthday bost
1 scroll to lvl 20
1 scroll 20 skill points

and ….
1 account precursor of your choice or
1 exotic of your choice (infinite light, mjolnir, etc) or
1 permanent contract (hair style, bank, etc)

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

1) Announcement of an expansion that includes new zones, new playable races, new professions

2) New maps for WvW

3) Announcement that they are going subscription to pay for the above

4) A belated “April’s Fools” announcement to go with 1-3

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

PS: I’m not expecting anything.

I’m tired of being disappointed.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Another birthday booster and another “exclusive” mini that 1000’s of other players will have and will forget about after a week.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Don’t forget Cantha, Elona and finally all the stuff Manifesto video promised.

None of that, they conveniantly put cantha in a civil war and xenophobic cleaning, plus a dragon who’s worshipped like a god by the krait is resting in the see in between. As for Elona, it’s overrun by undead whom are waging war with Kralkatorrik.

So if you want to go to cantha, we first need a campaign to calm te seas for crossing, then fight a xenophobic regime. Making that a large (civil)war and dragon war at the same time.

If you want to go to elona you will have to bypass the crystal desert full of branded into a dried wasteland of undead. (if I recall, only istan as an island and vabbi partially) have water

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Mini Spectral Rytlock maybe?
But…
I fear it’ll be rather an Armored Queen Jennah, or…
Bikini Jennah
Loganed Jennah
Smoking Mordrem Weed Jennah
hm… out of ideas, feel free to continue

Posted by: Indweller.1402

Indweller.1402

New dungeon perhaps?

Something based on Mordremoth?

The Tengu have been absent from LA for a while now. They live in the jungle with Modremoth. How about a 2-H axe for a weapon huh?

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

everyone gets a free precusor of their choice

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They’ll probably release Guild halls!

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

They’ll only give us a new title:

“Two years a Guild Warrior”

neener ;p

Posted by: Songarg.3657

Songarg.3657

Personally, I want something to happen. Expansion is what I am hoping for.

Now, I do have a healthy amount of skepticism about things, especially seeing how Clockwork Chaos turned out last year. Still, a few things have convinced me to be hopefully. They are as follows…

2 years alive as an MMO, seriously that’s reason No. 1 on my list. And it should be Anet’s! 2 years man! That’s something!

They just launched in Chain, adding 3.6 Mil boxes sold to their 3.5 Mil since 2013 in the west. If each box translates to $60 a pop (I don’t know the currency exchange to the American dolor so don’t quote me) that’s in the area of $200 Mil profit.

NCsoft has finished funding Carbine in the development and launch of Wildstar, so now they have nothing on their plate. So their funding is open to the next money making project. And roughly a year or so ago, an investment site did publish a report about the “high possibility of a Guild Wars 2 expansion” from there records. So right now, that high possibility looks like very high to me.

Not to mention Anet has been pretty good about putting things fans have wanted into the game, and I can’t tell you how many requests I’ve seen on the forums about an expansion. I even know old players who came in at launch and ask when I tell them about GW2 “Have they announced an Xpac yet?”

So 2 Years alive, income boost of 200 Mil, nothing on their publishers plate, fans asking for an X-pac. The only thing we’re missing is if all the planets in the solar system aligned over Anets HQ and a heavenly beam of light shined down upon it.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

There is this NCSoft financial report popping up that shows a GuildWars2 expansion in 2015 hopefully it in the first quarter.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens