Guild Wars 2 Constructive Survey

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Q:

1.) What type of player are you?
(Casual, midcore, hardcore, paid professional, etc)

2.) Which game content best classifies you?
(PvE, sPvP, WvW, all, etc)

3.) How would you rate GW2 based on your play style?
(1-10; 10 being flawless, 1 being flop)

Optional (Highly recommended)
What would you like to see GW2 improve on to better your gaming experience with it?

Looking forward to your responses!

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

(edited by jayvux.4128)

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

What does “professional” even mean? Do I have to be paid to play the game to be “professional”? What is the difference between “hardcore” and “midcore” (I confess, this is the first time I’ve heard of “midcore”). It’s hard to do a sensible survey like this if we don’t define our terms.

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

What does “professional” even mean? Do I have to be paid to play the game to be “professional”? What is the difference between “hardcore” and “midcore” (I confess, this is the first time I’ve heard of “midcore”). It’s hard to do a sensible survey like this if we don’t define our terms.

1.) That is how I would like it to be defined in this survey for the sake of keeping it simple since other than that, the line between hardcore and professional is rather fuzzy. So yes, in this case you must be sponsored/paid. (Thanks for asking)
2.) “A core or mild gamer is a player with a wider range of interests than a casual gamer and is more likely to enthusiastically play different types of games,9 but without the amount of time spent and sense of competition of a hardcore gamer.” Haha don’t sweat it, I only heard about it few months ago :P

More info here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

(edited by jayvux.4128)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

1. Parkour (you should see some of my sick moves in LA sometime)
2. See above
3. 8
3.2 optional – I seriously need some running shoes as town clothes. Boots are too darn on my feet.

The Burninator

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

1. Midcore?
2. PvE
3. 6/10

They need to give more depth and complexity to combat so it feels more unique and meaningful. Right now, PvE is focused too much on rewards and loot instead of fun combat.

pdg.8462

You know what would be cool? If you made this survey via something like survey monkey so we could see the results at a glance: https://www.surveymonkey.com/

Just make sure that in the survey you clearly define your terms.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Casual PVE Player
I rate this a 8/10
They can improve the home instance to be worth something, that would improve my gaming experience with this title.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

1. Hardcore
2. WvW
3. 5/10
4. WvW needs major balance changes ( which has been slowly happening ) and more incentive. Anet needs to recognize it as a game mode and not a play ground.

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ack! According to the definitions provided in your link, I am a hardcore gamer. Perish the thought!

PvE, predominantly, though I do play other content, as well.

9/10….I like Guild Wars 2! =)

A quality-of-life improvement I would find desirable would be a way to easily change the back items on our character, with no loss involved, as well as storage for Meta Achievement items.

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

You know what would be cool? If you made this survey via something like survey monkey so we could see the results at a glance: https://www.surveymonkey.com/

This^^^^

I’m not sure why these forums don’t have integrated polls. :/

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ack! According to the definitions provided in your link, I am a hardcore gamer. Perish the thought!

I’m pretty sure if you’re talking about games in general anyone who plays an MMO qualifies as a hardcore gamer. On a broad scale like that ‘casual gamer’ would be reserved for the people who play Angry Birds on the train to work, or have regular games of Facebook Scrabble with their friends.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

1.) Hardcore all the way.
2.) PvE
3.) Based on my playstyle? If it’s based on my playstyle, I rate GW2 as a 1. GW2 at the moment is my last resort to stop boredom. I will watch t.v, chop firewood, play Rift, and read a book before I finally log in to GW2. Guild Wars 2 just doesn’t feel like a role-playing game to me at all, and I barely have any connection with my characters.

I would like to see PvE improved to the point that it’s as polished as WoW’s PvE content. I want at least 10 more dungeons, a TON more gear, capes, more skills/traits, and mounts. I would also like the Living World to be every other month instead of every two weeks, and I would like the Living World to have an expansion’s worth of content instead of the 5-minutes of unbelievably repetitive content that we get.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Scrabblet.7938

Scrabblet.7938

1. I’d say I’m between casual and mid-core.
2. PvE
3. 8 and a half/10

Personally, I’d rather see more viable builds for each class and a way to make regular dynamic events more rewarding. I find it sad when players will just skip over events or purposefully have some fail just for more rewards. And now it seems like in some zones you can’t go anywhere without everyone surrounding a commander, and the ones that aren’t profitable are simply abandoned. I know this is an MMORPG, and most players of that genre are conditioned into wanting the best items possible, but I play simply for the experience and for fun and the whole mob mentality I sometimes see just ruins the experience a little bit.

pdg.8462

This^^^^

I’m not sure why these forums don’t have integrated polls. :/

Well, for kicks I created one for the Living World debate/saga/wars/whatever. One question, five options to choose from, 30 secs of your time.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JJ7C32L

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

1. I’m a hardcore casual (make of that what you will, none of the options fit me).
2. PvE
3. 8

The thing that I think will be the biggest problem for this game is player burn out from achievements, since that seems to be what Anet is focusing on for player retention.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Well, for kicks I created one for the Living World debate/saga/wars/whatever. One question, five options to choose from, 30 secs of your time.

Well your survey is horribly bias with 4 options implying too much negativity against the subject matter.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

ok here is my feedback:

1.) What type of player are you?
mostly casual: i only play 1 – 3 hours per day but i have not 100% world yet. 100% all 4 WvW maps though.
somewhat midcore: i play everyday, if i can. though not too many hours.
sometimes hardcore: on some days or nights i play too much.

2.) Which game content best classifies you?
PvE: mostly PvE. do dailies in PvE. do some FotM when got monthly. do some dungeons when guild members asked.
sPvP: do sPvP dailies until sPvP monthly is cleared. then wait for next month.
WvW: seldom. usually run with guild members. doing more WvW nowdays due to season 1 achievements
all: mostly PvE and sPvP, sometimes WvW.

3.) How would you rate GW2 based on your play style?
(1-10; 10 being flawless, 1 being flop)
i rate 8, since 8 is an auspicious number.
guild wars 2 is not flawless.

Optional (Highly recommended)
What would you like to see GW2 improve on to better your gaming experience with it?
- the option to have user generated content, right now we have zero user generated content.
- look at TF2, DOTA2 etc. user generated content. so much win!

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

1. I’m a hardcore casual (make of that what you will, none of the options fit me).
2. PvE
3. 8

The thing that I think will be the biggest problem for this game is player burn out from achievements, since that seems to be what Anet is focusing on for player retention.

aye. i agree. i’m a living story achievements hamster on a tread mill and i’m kinda feeling fed up with them achievements already.

i still make an effort to complete those limited time achievements though.

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Well your survey is horribly bias with 4 options implying too much negativity against the subject matter.

Agreed.

/15characters

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

1. Lazy Thief
2. sPvP and WvW
3. Currently 8, after december 10th 6.
4. Not having my favourite builds nerfed to the ground every patch, other players and people providing more challenge. I like winning because of outplaying and hard work, however I don’t want it at any points to be impossible to win against someone because of class limitations, and other classes having extremely strong passive play perks making them easy to play.

Same goes for all PvE content, I like winning because of outplaying and hard work, not getting harassed by RNG for whatever I do, and heaps of achievments and grinding to do to, and living story achievments to finish within a time window, to be able to compete with other players.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)