Guild Wars 2 Geared for Older Audience?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Our guild has about 40% under 21 so I would say that more adults play GW2 but more “mature teens” play GW2 VS games like WOW

lol, I beg to differ. I’ve been kicked out of more dungeons than I can count by little teenagers in GW2. Let me give you a comparison. I’ve played WoW since the beginning of it’s existence. I’ll just say 8 years. I was only kicked by a teenager twice in WoW, and he was extremely immature. Fast forward to Guild Wars 2, and I’ve been kicked over 30 times. 20-22ish of those were teens.

That’s because more little teenagers pug, where older people tend to organize into guilds of like minded people. Much of my guild is over 30. Plenty of us are over 50.

Vayne.8563

I’ve been playing computer games since you had to program them yourself. (BASIC, anyone?) played p&p D&D….

Haha that brings back memories. I was the kid that would go to Radio Shack in the mall and program my name to go all over on the screen on the TRS-80 display. Later I had a Commodore Vic-20 with a cassette tape drive. I remember many hours with my nose stuck in Commodore magazine coding a game and many times having it fail. I had a few games for the cassette drive and would get home from school and start loading it, go watch cartoons and come back an hour later and maybe it actually loaded.

My RP also started with p&p D&D. Those were the days were most of the graphics were in your head aside from a few pictures to look at in books. Things certainly have come a long way since then.

I had the Commodore 64. No tape drive on mine, but that external floppy drive that liked to overheat and catch fire if you didn’t have a fan running on it at all times.

I had the tape drive before the disc drive was available (or at least affordable). 1983. Fun times. Brings back memories.

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

1983 sounds about right. I would have been 10 so it must’ve been about that time. Did you have “B.C. Quest for Tires”? I loved that game.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

im 27 and a proud father,can i continue to play or am i too old?or too young?
age is a condition of the mind to some extent,now the original discussion was not the ae of players but the content in itself,which i might say,is lacking a bit on adult oriented stuff..heck it lacks even in a proper course of the story

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Folk of all ages play these games because they like them which is a wonderful thing. I saw 70 – 80 year olds in other games (including one adventure game that is the grandmommy of all adventure games…. whole nother tale there, lol) who were as young as anyone. Play is play no matter how old or young you are. We should all have that ability at any age and stay young at heart….

I will say, though, we could always tell the “youngers” by the way they talked and typed, lol. I do love the idea of all kinds of people, different ages, getting together and play together and just have fun. It makes for so much more interesting mix within the game.

The older ‘demographic’ just has more disposable income, heh, heh, heh (and time if you are retired)…..

Vayne.8563

1983 sounds about right. I would have been 10 so it must’ve been about that time. Did you have “B.C. Quest for Tires”? I loved that game.

OFMG I loved that game. Yes, I had it. I think I had like every Commodore 64 game ever…I’m older than you though.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The “older audience” has gotten tired of the immature takeover of MMO’s starting when B-Net babies ran rampant all over WoW Beta.

Any game that harkens back to the old school common courtesy where reputation matters is a game a lot of us old timers are looking for.

Yes, the content in GW2 is a little light weight (comparatively speaking) in terms of fluff, lore, dungeons and RvR, I mean WvW. I will tolerate that any day over immature, unhelpful, self-focused entitled players.

56 year old hardcore player here (9 MMO’s in the last 13 years) and very young compared to folks I know in their mid-60’s, 70’s and a few 80 year-olds who play MMO’s.

I was playing the original D&D pen and paper when it came out and yes I played pong, adventure and used 8-track tapes.

Signed,
Life-long gamer

PS: Yes, I’m female. Retired fortune 20 software developer with plenty of disposable income and free time now that my kids are in college/grad school.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

I’m 38, and am laughing at the ‘oh how nice the ancient decrepit mummies over 30 can still coordinate their feeble hands and eyes to click a mouse!’ feeling in the air.

I like you.

Let’s go to Bingo Night together.w

diamondgirl.6315

….what? You think a game full of Quaggan backpacks, rainbow unicorn longbows, mini-games, carnivals, and moa-races is geared for an older audience?

That doesn’t really mean much. You have a group of adult “men” who worship My Little Pony. You have adult women who are into Hello Kitty.

Interesting that adult males who like toys are ‘men,’ but women don’t get the scare quotes. Because we are expected to have babyish likes?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The populace is getting older because we did not stop playing video games when we expired like milk at age 30?

^ That’s basically your answer. The average gamer age is increasing (I believe it’s 30+ now) because the first generation of gamers that grew up with 8-bit gaming has not abandoned their hobby despite getting older. However, as newer generations of gamers grow up, the average gamer age will probably stabilise at around 30 – 40.

Incidentally, gamers aged 30+ also tend to have a lot more disposable income than younger players. It’s why most online games have moved to micro-transaction models or “premium” memberships. These gamers have more money to spend, but typically less free time.

Posted by: Kosmo.5187

Kosmo.5187

Most of the things I’d say about this topic have been covered in some shape or form by other posters, though I do want to point out my disdain for the segmentation of age groups in the manner some of you seem to exhibit. Perhaps this is mostly because of one group I happened to belong to as a boy, which is often overlooked in these exchanges: young people who are perfectly capable of and willing to absorb content not necessarily geared for children. It is frustrating for kids/teenagers who enjoy Beethoven, Kurosawa/Bergman movies, complex plots rife with intrigue, travel, advanced science, and so forth, to so often be lumped in with the stereotypical children of their day.

There is an abundance of people, in all age groups, with no attention span. That said, I still think we should be careful not to lump everyone into convenient brackets. As I’ve said in a previous post, I think the plots in video game stories often have a child-like simplicity, but I also think that such content is often unnecessarily dumbed down. You don’t have to name your villain Evil Bad Guy. You don’t have to make the bad people point out at every turn that they’re bad. It doesn’t mean your content is for kids when you do those things, it means that you are probably underestimating your audience.

I didn’t opt to play this game because of bows that shoot little colorful ponies. I don’t particularly mind that such things exist in limited quantity, though I think it’s possible the game could be better if it was reeled in just a bit. However, I also don’t know any kids who weren’t going to play this game, but then said to themselves “oh, well it has colorful pony-bows, so I am sold now”. It would surprise me if such people dominated the demographic.

It’s another world to explore; the other stuff is just incidental.

Think of the possibilities.

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

I’m 38, and am laughing at the ‘oh how nice the ancient decrepit mummies over 30 can still coordinate their feeble hands and eyes to click a mouse!’ feeling in the air.

I like you.

I like you both.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am 42 and I find this thread adorable :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’d rather older people play this game more than youngins. I’m 18 and barely play, we aint young forever yo! better push our young bodies to the limit while we can!

YOLO

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

the majority of GW2 players are ADHD kiddies,
older audience moved to serious games.

Vayne.8563

the majority of GW2 players are ADHD kiddies,
older audience moved to serious games.

Evidence?

What makes you think older audiences WANT more serious games. The number one genre of fiction books is romance, which isn’t necessarily well written and it’s mostly the same plot book after book. Women 35-50 is the main target. It’s mostly “light” entertainment and much of it is downright stupid. I know because I’ve written some of it. But it sells.

Those people who want more serious content are often younger, because they’re still plagued with ego problems and are self-conscious about being seen as being childish. They’ve just grown up and they’re too old for comics.

But there comes a time when you’re old enough for that stuff again. If you don’t believe it, read the dedication to Narnia one day. CS Lewis said it best.

Posted by: Kozume.9035

Kozume.9035

The only ones who want to be seen as adults are children. Adults confident with themselves already know what it’s like to be an adult and are self aware of their adult status.

Judging off of this idea, we can assume anyone who refers to others as “kiddies” or “childish” is a child or insecure adult.

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

I wish this game forgets all the teenagers and has more adult contents.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

This reminds me of the time I decided I wanted a new guild, and shopped around, found one, and joined. Then I realised I could have given birth to the kid “showing” me the ropes (I was being polite and letting him). This wouldn’t be a problem, but when I realised the other members were all around similar ages, I decided to move on. It’s not an issue to have some kids knocking about, but I don’t want to be the only old (ha!) git on the scene. It’s lonely!

This puts me in mind of an idea I was toying with: The Old Gits’ Guild. The only requirement is being over 30. The ability to reminisce over the stuff you watched on TV as a child any time pre-90s is a bonus. We can all chat about being put out to pasture after 30, and how if it was Logan’s Run, we’d all be dead. Hurrah!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

just for interest sake what do you consider adult content?
when someone uses that term I always think of those stores in back alleys that sell their wares in brown paper bags :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

This puts me in mind of an idea I was toying with: The Old Gits’ Guild. The only requirement is being over 30.

That idea is not new. In fact, there is a such a guild on Gunnar’s, and it has spawned two more guilds with the same tag because it filled up quick. I would assume there may be more similar guilds on other servers too. So much for “old” folks being the minority.

diamondgirl.6315

The only ones who want to be seen as adults are children. Adults confident with themselves already know what it’s like to be an adult and are self aware of their adult status.

Judging off of this idea, we can assume anyone who refers to others as “kiddies” or “childish” is a child or insecure adult.

The operative word there being ‘judging.’ People acting like kiddies are kiddies, regardless of the state of grown ups’ personal problems.

diamondgirl.6315

I like you.

I like you both.

Yay! Party in the Salma District!

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Alright so I guess a little back story on my part. I am 18 at the moment. I have been playing MMORPG games for a very long time. (since maybe 13 years old) Through that time I have met the majority of the people on each game who are aged from 13-22 years of age.

I must admit that the OP really made me smile. The comment of
“I am 18…been playing…for a very long time”, just forced a reply out of me.

I have been:

• Playing Guild Wars 1&2 for 7+ years
  • Playing PC games for 18 years
  • Roleplaying for 38 years
  • Heck, I even played Pong when it first released in the early ’70s

Ahhh youth, doth display such honest naivete to raise a smile and warm the soul.

A heartfelt Huzzah goes out to you Fuyuko… you made my day.

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

I will give you my 2c. A lot of us “older” MMO players give this game props for furthering the DaoC 3 realm game from a decade ago. It gives a taste of what it was like, though roaming in DaoC was a bit more interesting, the grand scale game is very similar in feel.

So 20 something’s are now 30 something’s or 30 something’s are now 40 something.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

bluestocking.6148

I like you.

I like you both.

I think we can get an early bird special at the Divinity’s Reach Hometown Buffet.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hardly any guild I’ve joined has had anyone under 18. In my last major guild, I was one of the youngest aside from two players, and I’m twenty two years old. I think that the older crown appreciates what ANet has done with the game over other MMOs and can better settle on things rather than complain and demand change. I find that the younger crowd consist of your trolls and whiners, while anyone over 20 trying to defend anything in the game, or even reason with said complainers are dubbed white knights, which really isn’t much of an insult. Amazing things can happen to a human being when they just lower their expectations. The older you get, the more you’ll understand that. That, in my opinion, is why you tend to see more of the aged crowd rather than 10-19 year olds playing this game.

And how could I forget? As stated previously, many of us come from DAoC, and will probably only leave when Camelot Unchained comes out and if their $2m budget actually succeeds in making a great game.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I guess I’m in the “older” class being 58, I’ve played computer and console games all of my life starting also with a Commodore 64, currently own a X-box and PS3 my biggest problem is that once I start a game I have to finish it. GW2 is the first MMO I’ve ever played I was tempted to try WoW but the monthly sub kept me away, GW2 fits the type game I like to play after finishing Skyrim on the PS3 I was looking for another time killer and this game with it’s “casual play-style” fits what I want to play, the convenience of being able to play at home and work (yeah I’m one of those lucky ones) helps me overlook some of the flaws in the game.

My biggest fear with GW2 is that I’ll grow tired of it long before the end game aspect becomes apparent but since it’s only a year old and I’ve only played for 10 months I’ve managed to log over 2500+ hours, 5k AP and moved 8 toons to level 80 I can say I’m still enjoying the game even though I’ve only ever ran one dungeon and spent a very limited amount of time in WvW, for me there is still plenty to do and the bi-weekly content keeps me coming back. I do belong to a guild but their mostly younger folks who start playing later in the evening about the time I’m ready to log off, still a great bunch of folks always will to help. I’d have to say that the aspect of MMO’s in general and the friendships of guildies is a big draw to me never having experienced other players before…it’s nice! I’ll also say that the server I’m on (TC) has some of the nicest people always being polite and helpful.

JMHO

bluestocking.6148

I’m seriously tempted to switch servers to play with some of you other old farts.

Except Wednesday nights I play with my in-laws so they’d be sad if I left. I’m teaching my 60-year-old father-in-law how to Ranger.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My guild is a mixed bag. I have a few under 18, a few in their 20s, and then a few 30 and over (myself included here). I don’t really care how old someone is, it’s more does their personality mesh with the atmosphere we’re developing. In fact, had one of the younger members not asked how old everyone was, I wouldn’t know to have posted it here. chuckle

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

just for interest sake what do you consider adult content?
when someone uses that term I always think of those stores in back alleys that sell their wares in brown paper bags :P

For me, it’s about the serious tone and realistic atmospheres. I want to feel sad when something sad happens etc. The combat and death in this game is played off like a cartoon. Yet the very concepts and ideas suggest otherwise.

There’s no weight to the emotion, no raw connectivity or heavy feeling. It’s all just serious concepts that have been degraded to playful attitudes so they can get that teen rating.

Again, nothing entirely wrong with it but I’d still expect some level of serious interaction that caters to the ideas given in this game. You’ve got character deaths, mass evil and whatnot.. yet not once have I felt any real feelings that did more than just put a brief smirk on my face. Really disappointed about it…

Scarlet kills in Divinity’s Reach… Lol, whatever guys… Let’s just focus on that new shiny loot bag instead. /facepalm

diamondgirl.6315

I like you.

I like you both.

I think we can get an early bird special at the Divinity’s Reach Hometown Buffet.

Great! Then we can do last night’s dailies, cause I don’t knowabout YOU, but I was sound asleep before reset.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hardly any guild I’ve joined has had anyone under 18. In my last major guild, I was one of the youngest aside from two players, and I’m twenty two years old. I think that the older crown appreciates what ANet has done with the game over other MMOs and can better settle on things rather than complain and demand change. I find that the younger crowd consist of your trolls and whiners, while anyone over 20 trying to defend anything in the game, or even reason with said complainers are dubbed white knights, which really isn’t much of an insult. Amazing things can happen to a human being when they just lower their expectations. The older you get, the more you’ll understand that. That, in my opinion, is why you tend to see more of the aged crowd rather than 10-19 year olds playing this game.

And how could I forget? As stated previously, many of us come from DAoC, and will probably only leave when Camelot Unchained comes out and if their $2m budget actually succeeds in making a great game.

Actually it looks like their budget it closer $5m. On the other hand since it seems to be all RvR the whole issue of “dark” vs “fluffy” should be completely irrelevant since there will be none of either. Also a lot more RNG in the crafting if you are into that sort of thing.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Thats awesome.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Actually it looks like their budget it closer $5m. On the other hand since it seems to be all RvR the whole issue of “dark” vs “fluffy” should be completely irrelevant since there will be none of either. Also a lot more RNG in the crafting if you are into that sort of thing.

Where did they get the extra $3m? They only raised 2 in the kickstarter. Either way, I’m already gearing toward disappointment, since he big budget backers are getting custom guild halls, housing, etc which may end up unbalancing the game.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Our guild has about 40% under 21 so I would say that more adults play GW2 but more “mature teens” play GW2 VS games like WOW

It might be because its possible that WoW relies on sustaining its veteran playerbase rather than getting new players (the games a bit old), thus resulting in an older playerbase. Possible, but it’s hard to prove it.

Posted by: Moonblade.5890

Moonblade.5890

Hello, sorry for the necro, but this is something that interests me a lot.

55 years old gamer here.

It is GW2 geared toward older audience? I can tell you why I love GW2. Is that a symptom that I am an older gamer? Perhaps, I leave it to you, the reader, to judge.
What fascinates me first and foremost from GW2 is the aesthetics. Wherever I look, every single screenshot is a work of art, that helps me with the inmersion, that essentially is why I game, to escape for a few hours of my daily routine, recharge batteries and wake up the next day ready to do my part improving society.

I was in a Guild (not in GW2 ) that was “geared” toward older audiences supposedly with the goal of “minimize” drama. The fact that being older guarantee less drama is a common belief. However, I saw in this Guild as much drama as I’ve seen in Guilds where the GM was a 14 years old girl. The ability of generating “drama” is not a trait that is associated with age, but more with the attitude of the specific player.

I like to play with older gamers because of the social aspect (that has nothing really to do with GW2 or other game specifically). It is common to us to have kids of different ages, talk about them (as much of it is comfortable to share), enjoy music of certain era, similar activities, and talk about topics that are not what someone in their late teens/early twenties would be commonly engaged. Most of us are over the stage of giving priority to “earn respect of the community showing our mad skillz” But that doesn’t mean that we are necessarily crippled regarding the eye/hand/mind coordination required to use a mouse and a keyboard to make our character to do what is needed, as good as anyone else regardless of his/her age. It is not that what is asked is a streneous physical effort that only someone in his/her prime is able to do.

I see that there are some folks replying this thread that are getting it right, so if they don’t mind I will copy their ID and say Hello!

Now…get off of my lawn.

(edited by Moonblade.5890)

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I’d actually somewhat agree with the OP. Its designed for people too busy to grind an MMO, and for kids too young to be attracted to a typical one.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I’m 24, and feel the game is just right for me. No subscription, and I play a good 8 hours a day =)

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Does no one remember punch cards?

I’ve been playing computer games since you had to program them yourself. (BASIC, anyone?) played p&p D&D….

Haha that brings back memories. I was the kid that would go to Radio Shack in the mall and program my name to go all over on the screen on the TRS-80 display. Later I had a Commodore Vic-20 with a cassette tape drive. I remember many hours with my nose stuck in Commodore magazine coding a game and many times having it fail. I had a few games for the cassette drive and would get home from school and start loading it, go watch cartoons and come back an hour later and maybe it actually loaded.

My RP also started with p&p D&D. Those were the days were most of the graphics were in your head aside from a few pictures to look at in books. Things certainly have come a long way since then.

I had the Commodore 64. No tape drive on mine, but that external floppy drive that liked to overheat and catch fire if you didn’t have a fan running on it at all times.

I had the tape drive before the disc drive was available (or at least affordable). 1983. Fun times. Brings back memories.

goldenwing.8473

Vividly. Although I’d rather forget. That, paper tape, the first time I used a Tektronix monitor (omg graphing!), Cal Comp Plotters, the sounds of teletypes and modems requiring those things called telephones that were attached to a wall (true “remote” access to a mainframe!)

Does anybody remember when computers took a whole (air conditioned) room and had vacuum tubes?

Dang, I made myself feel old.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Vacuum tubes where before my time sorry. My mother worked on a huge IBM like that though.

Vividly. Although I’d rather forget. That, paper tape, the first time I used a Tektronix monitor (omg graphing!), Cal Comp Plotters, the sounds of teletypes and modems requiring those things called telephones that were attached to a wall (true “remote” access to a mainframe!)

Does anybody remember when computers took a whole (air conditioned) room and had vacuum tubes?

Dang, I made myself feel old.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I’d actually somewhat agree with the OP. Its designed for people too busy to grind an MMO, and for kids too young to be attracted to a typical one.

Bingo.

The game was made for older gamers who want a casual, light-hearted experience AND for said gamer’s children.

ANet is trying to bypass the 20-somethings entirely(perhaps they feel that crowd is too hard to please or too flighty idk) and grab the “bookend” market. It’s an interesting tactic actually.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

goldenwing.8473

Bingo.

The game was made for older gamers who want a casual, light-hearted experience AND for said gamer’s children.

ANet is trying to bypass the 20-somethings entirely(perhaps they feel that crowd is too hard to please or too flighty idk) and grab the “bookend” market. It’s an interesting tactic actually.

My kids are in their 20’s, we play with them here, as we have through many MMOs over a decade plus. It was actually my son that brought the game to our attention before beta. Both of my kids were excited at release, happy with a return to the closest thing available to DAoC’s RvR, and very pleased with the lore (and its ties to GW1). Lack of the classic trinity and in combat movement were a plus.

Unfortunately, they are now finding, as we are, that ANet has managed to recreate the same unappealing “player experience” as the MMO’s we came to GW2 to avoid. Using the temporary Living Story concept and achievements as their new “pillar”, the PvE game has shifted in feel away from engaging fun into a disappointing version of the same old:

1) directed gameplay
2) catch the bus (keep up or lose out)
3) play to the reward (achievements/nodes/mats used for gear progression)

I’m not sure I understand who ANet believes their audience is anymore. I’ve seen the quotes from Colin saying the “typical” GW2 player can only log on for an hour a day.

That does not jive with the Living Story concept appealing to players who devour content so fast they need to be constantly fed new material to keep them engaged.

And the fluff apparently sells, so yes, I agree there’s an audience there as well.

-Looking at a mixed bag

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Bingo.

I and every one of my 20-something friends play this game and enjoy it. I think the average age of our guild is something like 28-30 yrs old. I’m pretty sure Anet designed a game to be enjoyed by everyone except hardcore players. Age is irrelevant.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Unfortunately, they are now finding, as we are, that ANet has managed to recreate the same unappealing “player experience” as the MMO’s we came to GW2 to avoid. Using the temporary Living Story concept and achievements as their new “pillar”, the PvE game has shifted in feel away from engaging fun into a disappointing version of the same old:

1) directed gameplay
2) catch the bus (keep up or lose out)
3) play to the reward (achievements/nodes/mats used for gear progression)

I’m not sure I understand who ANet believes their audience is anymore. I’ve seen the quotes from Colin saying the “typical” GW2 player can only log on for an hour a day.

That does not jive with the Living Story concept appealing to players who devour content so fast they need to be constantly fed new material to keep them engaged.

I believe that, as with Ascended gear, the Living World initiative is an attempt to appeal to as broad a range of players as possible. Living Herd Achievements are an attempt to satiate both the “need goals, no matter what they are” and “play til my eyes bleed” demographics. Unfortunately, the demographics that lose out are explorers, elite content fans and, sadly, those who like PvP.

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Two pages full of posts, and not one comment to the effect of:

Perhaps they are catering to a wide range of ages

GASP!!!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

This game is way too Disney to be taken serious. Nothing wrong with it, but they aimed for the teen rating for a reason.

This is why the LS sucks.

It’s pretty clear Anet wants kids to play it more than adults because that’s were the money is. Hence why there is also a lack of content that requires high levels of organization to complete.

(edited by Dromar.1027)

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Bingo.

I and every one of my 20-something friends play this game and enjoy it. I think the average age of our guild is something like 28-30 yrs old. I’m pretty sure Anet designed a game to be enjoyed by everyone except hardcore players. Age is irrelevant.

Most hardcore players are in that 20-30 bracket though, are they not? The hardcore players we’re here at launch, but they left before the new year.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care