http://www.mmooftheyear.com/hall-of-fame/2013

Co Leader & Founder “Privateers Uk” [PUK]
Gandara
Eno Live (Ele)

Guild Wars 2 Gets Another Award

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I think we’re past the patting on the back phase.

Gratz on the good foundation. Now they have to build.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Lord Kreegan.8123

Lord Kreegan.8123

Wayyyy lonnngggg past the pat-on-the-back phase…

Most of these stupid awards are just part of the marketing/advertisement game (compare the number of advertisements on game sites by a game company to the amount of awards their games get from that site; there’s a very obvious correlation).

I have noticed some very crappy games getting the various game of the year awards; don’t be naive about it.

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Most of these stupid awards are just part of the marketing/advertisement game (compare the number of advertisements on game sites by a game company to the amount of awards their games get from that site; there’s a very obvious correlation).

I have noticed some very crappy games getting the various game of the year awards; don’t be naive about it.

Nice conspiracy theory, don’t forget to wear your tin foil hat.

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

What’s conspiratorial about it? Do you know how many awards SWTOR won BEFORE IT EVEN CAME OUT?

Look how kittenty that game turned out.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Ellixen.1572

Ellixen.1572

What’s conspiratorial about it? Do you know how many awards SWTOR won BEFORE IT EVEN CAME OUT?

Look how kittenty that game turned out.

Those are awards based on the prospect of the game. Like “most anticipated”, “most innovative” or whatever, stuff like that. They don’t really count since it’s not based on player feedback.

If SWTOR got awards AFTER it got released, then sure you’ve got a point (quantity should also be taken into account).

They did get game of the year and Best MMO of the year…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, it’s not like any other big MMORPG shipped in 2012. SWTOR was the end of 2011 iirc. (and from what i see they goto some Game of the Year 2011 awards as well, not only the “most anticipated”)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Hey look, no one’s entered the dog show, I’ll enter my decaying old donkey into the running, that will make it a show winning dog right?

Logic… where art thou!

Irony…. xD