Guild Wars 2 Needs Your Vote

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

We have fallen behind and voting ends tomorrow at 11:00PM Eastern Time. Go Vote! Don’t let that joke of an MMO, singleplayer game beat Guild Wars!

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/9212/The-Great-MMO-FaceOff-of-2014-Quarterfinals.html

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

TSW community is bringing in guilds to vote for their game. It is not really a surprise they can win.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The TSW Community Managers are making quite a fuss about it over there.

Gaile…surely you wont stand for such things!

THuGaNoMiX.5036

It’s a fun little deal they are doing on that website. Reading the comments can provide hours of entertainment. LOL

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Voted for The Secret World, just like you asked!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Why does it even matter? These vote things mean nothing aside from what player population can encourage the most people to vote. If GW2 wins the haters here will say the vote doesn’t matter and the supporters will say they do. If GW2 loses haters will say the votes matter and the supporters will say they don’t.

The Burninator

Randulf.7614

Why does it even matter? These vote things mean nothing aside from what player population can encourage the most people to vote. If GW2 wins the haters here will say the vote doesn’t matter and the supporters will say they do. If GW2 loses haters will say the votes matter and the supporters will say they don’t.

It doesn’t, it is just a bit of fun

nGumball.1283

Something that WoW and GW2 has in common is that both of their forums are full of people hating on their own game.

I guess both GW2 and WoW are failures at the end of the day.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Something that WoW and GW2 has in common is that both of their forums are full of people hating on their own game.

I think every game forum I’ve been to has this.

THuGaNoMiX.5036

What this guy said. It’s just fun and different.

nGumball.1283

I think every game forum I’ve been to has this.

MMO’s with smaller fanbases usually end up with a more peaceful community who is rather dedicated. TSW is one of those smaller, positive communties.

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

The Secret World is a better game, get over it.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

nGumball.1283

As said, usually garbage games like GW2 and WoW end up with the most success and biggest popularity. Good games are usually empty for some reason.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It’s just click bait. Plus you have to login/register to vote.

The Burninator

THuGaNoMiX.5036

As said, usually garbage games like GW2 and WoW end up with the most success and biggest popularity. Good games are usually empty for some reason.

Wouldn’t call either game garbage. Never played WoW, but as for it being garbage I’m going to have to highly doubt that.

Guild Wars isn’t garbage at all. If this is your definition of garbage then you haven’t played a lot of the kittenful games I have. LOL

THuGaNoMiX.5036

It’s just click bait. Plus you have to login/register to vote.

Hey whatever generates more revenue/advertising for the MMO world is fine with me. Maybe they will eventually earn enough money to build us a nice sandbox MMORPG one day.

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

I voted for TSW. I said why in one of the other 30 threads about this.

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I don’t play the other games so I’m not qualified to vote, gw2 pre NPE has my vote over current version. Is that on ballot?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

As much as I enjoy GW2 I can’t in good conscience vote for it because of their lack of communication with the player base.

This is not a criticism of ANets creative team or Devs this is a criticism of their pencil pushing managers.

THuGaNoMiX.5036

I voted for TSW. I said why in one of the other 30 threads about this.

I figured there were other threads, however, my search doesn’t work. Not sure if that’s just me or not. I clicked through the top 5 pages though and didn’t see anything so figured I would start a topic.

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

I figured there were other threads, however, my search doesn’t work.

It’s not just your Search. No one’s search works. They have had the game out for over two years, and have NEVER fixed the Forum Search. It is quite pathetic.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

I voted, but GW2 is still 2% behind. Get out there and vote people!

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Too bad I haven’t played TWS because I’d probably vote for it at this point. But I can’t vote for either GW2 or TWS. GW2 because, well lots of reasons.

BG

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

I was gonna vote for GW2, but ughhh “Login to vote”

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Wouldn’t vote for GW2 now, maybe when it first came out I might have. Don’t care for the direction its’ taken.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

What’s the point, OP?
Just something else for the haters to come here and vomit all over the forums about.

‘I hate this game. And I’m staying here to make sure you all know how much I hate this game. Hahahahahahaaaaa… Live in my toxicity, peons!’

Peh…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

When we no longer get recycled achievements and content, and get things like dyeable weapons, bug fixes and stuff that should have been implemented since day 1, then and only then will I consider voting for GW2.

Until then, bah humbug.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I like Guild Wars, but I am not voting for it.

I do not feel Arena Net have done a great job this year, especially with community relations. But who knows, perhaps next year they will converse with the community more, maybe the story will get better and hopefully the content will be more enjoyable like with the singular highlight this year Hidden Arcana.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Already voted for TSW and I don’t even know that game :P

Funny fact: Today I got an e-amil from TSW claiming to be the best ranking game in mmorpg.com. I don’t even know how they got my e-mail or where in mmorpg.com are they the best ranking game :/

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It is harder to make a sensible game, if your intended target is everyone. And when you refuse to talk with the community (though that one is gw2 specific). That’s why GW1 was a better game than GW2, for example.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

GuzziHero.5104

Already voted for TSW and I don’t even know that game :P

Funny fact: Today I got an e-amil from TSW claiming to be the best ranking game in mmorpg.com. I don’t even know how they got my e-mail or where in mmorpg.com are they the best ranking game :/

The Illuminati are one of the sects in TSW. We are always watching you…

ALWAYS

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

TSW is a good game. I don’t think it’s better than this game, but it’s certainly a worthy contender.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Wouldn’t call either game garbage. Never played WoW, but as for it being garbage I’m going to have to highly doubt that.

Guild Wars isn’t garbage at all. If this is your definition of garbage then you haven’t played a lot of the kittenful games I have. LOL

Irony is not strong on this one.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Randulf.7614

Itll be interesting to see who wins. Many of the criticisms levied at gw2 are much worse in tsw.

1 new zone in 2 years
No new dungeons except one half hearted raid
Massive gear grind…one of the biggest in any mmo
Recycled festival content
Pay to win items in the cash shop
Paying for quests

It has many good points and the devs are great at keeping their community up to dare and is a very good game with outstanding story writing, but despite the issues gw2 has suffered, it has a future with soo much potential where it can go. The big concern in the tsw community is post next content patch, is that the game done.

Whichever game wins deserves it as they are both excellent, but the fact i play gw2 more and dont have to worry where my next gear grind will be, means Gw2 is my choice.

Both games could learn much from each other in some areas

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Naw. You have to register an account and log on. The older I get, the less I like the idea of registering accounts with random sites I will never visit again, giving them personal information no matter how trivial and then have them send me emails on whatever the topic of the day is for them.

I’ll pass.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I might vote for them too. They made the right decision way back when to make give us two versions of the Rogue Mechanic shorts after trying to change it to ‘match the picture’ with the ugly, ripped stockings when many of us bought the item based on the preview with no stockings, just shorts. In the end, choices and options for both sides.

I can vote for that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Don’t get me wrong, I still very much love this game. But it’s that one thing. Well, it’s three things that are about one thing, though they won’t admit it or talk about it, and the admitting it part, it’s really annoying. If that’s what they want to do and they want to force feed us that, that’s fine, but just own it.

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

me too

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

nGumball.1283

Ironic note: according to this thread, the majority of GW2 players are TSW supporters and/or players.

In reality, GW2 has an active playerbase that is at least 10 times bigger than TSW.
Is TSW bad? not at all, it was one of my favorite MMOs and the story is superior to GW2. Why am I commenting? because I know that many of the people who are complaining here about GW2, praising TSW haven’t even played the game and they are just doing to prove a statement ‘’we are not happy with GW2, so we will show that we are commited to other MMOs’’.

I respect feedback alot but this forum has always been a place for ultra-negative-mode. I have played WoW for years and I hated that aspect with their forum. And it is the same story here. Both of WoW and GW2 forums are filled with complaints, people who are hating on the game, the developers and making fun of all the people who still enjoy the game and YET, they await positive responses from other players and/or staff.

GuzziHero.5104

In fairness he does have a point. If I had started playing TSW on launch, and they had made changes similar to those that GW2 has, I may have been jaded enough with the direction of the game to play another… maybe GW2?

Since I am a recent starter in TSW, I have known the game to be in no other state than it is now. If I was to start playing GW2 now, not knowing it any other way, I could have been on TSW forums right now saying these same things.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Ironic note: according to this thread, the majority of GW2 players are TSW supporters and/or players.

In reality, GW2 has an active playerbase that is at least 10 times bigger than TSW.
Is TSW bad? not at all, it was one of my favorite MMOs and the story is superior to GW2. Why am I commenting? because I know that many of the people who are complaining here about GW2, praising TSW haven’t even played the game and they are just doing to prove a statement ‘’we are not happy with GW2, so we will show that we are commited to other MMOs’’.

I respect feedback alot but this forum has always been a place for ultra-negative-mode. I have played WoW for years and I hated that aspect with their forum. And it is the same story here. Both of WoW and GW2 forums are filled with complaints, people who are hating on the game, the developers and making fun of all the people who still enjoy the game and YET, they await positive responses from other players and/or staff.

I had far fewer complaints in the early days of GW2. Before they started ‘fixing’ it.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

all i see in this voting is ridiculous pairings.what eso and planetside have in common anyway?or ddo and eve?i don’t like that crusades mmo sites are doing.
what the results will show us.what game is better?what have more people?
big nope

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Thanks for letting me know, OP.
Voted for The Secret World.

Vayne.8563

Don’t let it get you down OP. Trolls will be trolls. You’d have been much better off posting on reddit than here.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Ehh, not gonna register just to vote, but even if I did, I definitely wouldn’t vote for TSW cause I hated it when I tried it. Gameplay was just a p.i.t.k. I don’t think I spend more than one or two evenings on it.
Probably wouldn’t vote for GW2 either though, since they seem to like to keep going away from what people actually want.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Go Vote! Don’t let that joke of an MMO, singleplayer game beat Guild Wars!

Nice attitude.
Voted TSW.

Vayne.8563

Go Vote! Don’t let that joke of an MMO, singleplayer game beat Guild Wars!

Nice attitude.
Voted TSW.

If it’s the better game, why aren’t you playing it. If you are playing it, why are you here?

Seems like a catch 22. Unless you’ve never really played it, or didn’t stay with it and you voted for it out of spite.

THuGaNoMiX.5036

Irony is not strong on this one.

I don’t think your English teaching in high school taught you the correct definition of irony.

I’m kinda curious why a bunch of people come to this forum if they don’t like Guild Wars 2. That is a sad ordeal that you literally have nothing better to do with your life than troll a game you don’t like. That’s a sad and depressing problem you have there.

(edited by THuGaNoMiX.5036)

Randulf.7614

Can we stay on topic please guys and not turn this into a back and forth row.

thanks

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

people here voting for tsw just doing it cause they “hate” gw2.then again i don’t get it you are not enjoying a game at all and still lurking in the forums (i think in game also).i remember some years ago we were just abandoned games we didn’t enjoy at some point.what masochist stuff is that.i don’t like x game but still play it O.o

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

(login to vote)
No thanks…