Guild Wars 2 New Paragon System END GAME

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaine.3501

Kaine.3501

After reading several of the forum posts about the end game in Guild Wars 2 I decided to come up with a solution….

I call my solution the Paragon System.

“What is the Guild Wars 2 Paragon System?” You might ask. And I have the answer for you….it’s a system that will satisfy all of your end game needs. What you do is start at Paragon Level 1 once you reach level 80….and then you grind…cough…i mean adventure your way back through the previous places you had gone from start to finish…and then you will reach paragon level 2! After 2 is 3! And With each new Paragon level completed you gain +1 to each stat….which will help you fight off the monsters that scale with each new Paragon Level you complete. Guild Wars 2 can have 300 Paragon Levels all as exciting as the first time you ran it! End Game? The game is your end game!!!!

Server: Kaineng
Name: “Kaide” (Kaine is just the account name)

(edited by Kaine.3501)

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

It’s funny, they probably want something like this.
Adds nothing to the ame, but more for me to grind to make me feel like I’m progressing.

Posted by: SevenWhite.4367

SevenWhite.4367

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

There’s plenty of end game GW2 just doesn’t put a big flashing light on it and point your head in the direction you have to go, and say GO GET IT!

Posted by: Avatar.1923

lol, funny OP

gw2 is huge, give it some time to stabilize.

anyway, did UO have an endgame?

honestly, i feel GW2 endgame is doing groups and organized Dungeons and PvP.
if you want to stay solo, youll be a failed hero

Posted by: Azzras.8041

Azzras.8041

lol, funny OP

gw2 is huge, give it some time to stabilize.

anyway, did UO have an endgame?

honestly, i feel GW2 endgame is doing groups and organized Dungeons and PvP.
if you want to stay solo, youll be a failed hero

What if you are in a guild of more than 5 people?

Posted by: Avatar.1923

organized wvw events?

meet the other best guildies on the field and pimp out the best spvp team?

start a gatherer / crafter business and own the trading post?

Posted by: SevenWhite.4367

SevenWhite.4367

MMO’s and grinding even existing in the same sentence is WoW’s fault, and the myriad of others who have tried so hard to be WoW 2.0.
GW2 is about the game itself, not playing to max level and preparing the entire way to have fun once you get there, a.k.a. WoW and WoW-clones.
GW2’s about the journey and adventure along the way.
Not sure if people realize that there are over 1,500+ Dynamic Events in the game (http://goo.gl/RQPW3) which chain into even more events, as well as the fact that there’s SO.MUCH.ROOM. for more content (http://i.imgur.com/KzgQu.jpg) – the picture labeled ‘Cantha’ is of Tyria from GW1, overlayed on top of the remaining (as-of-yet-unexplorable) land for GW2. The colored-in section is what we see now; the rest around it is where there’s room for expansion. Yeah. It’s big.

(edited by SevenWhite.4367)

Posted by: Yggdrasil.3824

Yggdrasil.3824

This seems to be a reference to the ‘Paragon Level System’ that was recently introduced in Diablo 3 (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517).

Posted by: benipk.6130

benipk.6130

Actually, it sounds a lot like RIFT’s system of post-level cap advancement. They had “Planar Attunement” which meant that after 50 (cap) for a fixed amount of XP you gained a point to spend in a large number of additional skill trees. Each node on the tree would only award a very slight increase in stats, but take it far enough and it made a big difference. Whilst you could get to level cap in days, PA level cap would take months, if not years.

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

Please dont bring any diablo 3 crap into this

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Actually, it sounds a lot like RIFT’s system of post-level cap advancement. They had “Planar Attunement” which meant that after 50 (cap) for a fixed amount of XP you gained a point to spend in a large number of additional skill trees. Each node on the tree would only award a very slight increase in stats, but take it far enough and it made a big difference. Whilst you could get to level cap in days, PA level cap would take months, if not years.

Thats what they said in Diablo 3 too. It took days to hit cap.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

This seems to be a reference to the ‘Paragon Level System’ that was recently introduced in Diablo 3 (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517).

lulz I thought the same thing….

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Sako.2391

Sako.2391

:| So 80 is seriously really the end? No lifting of the cap later?

Posted by: JohnnyQQ.4789

JohnnyQQ.4789

I think it’s fine the way it is, roll a new toon. Either that or pvp/ 100% completion. Anet will most likely deliver expansions later. In the meantime there’s tons of content left to do.

Posted by: Sako.2391

Sako.2391

Oh, I have a TON to do. I’m only level 15.

I’m not bored. I guess it’s just weird to imagine there’s nowhere to go after a certain point. I mean, there’s a lot to do after hitting 80. I just mean in terms of a numerical level, it just ends haha. I think people find comfort in having a visual idea of their progress.