Guild Wars 2 Ultra Casual / TP Legendary's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

919h+ on main, 1172h or smth overall, player since beta. Who cares how people obtain their legendary, they can pay for it if they want to, I finished my Sunrise last week and I know how much effort I put into it, so it has a much bigger meaning/value to me. I think it took me around 2 months. It’s not a status symbol, you won’t get any more respect if you suck. It’s just a nice looking skin that only costs a lot of money and RNG.

About the unobtainable legendary for casuals, I have a full time job and I enjoy my weekends, there are times I don’t have time to play at all after work. Since I value my time I have for playing, I spend it only on stuff I enjoy. For getting the mats needed for legendary, I didn’t farm Orr, never touched TP, did flipping/etc, never spent a dime on goldsellers/gemshop. I don’t enjoy that. It’s like having a second job, that actually doesn’t give you any income. I got all of my gold/karma/half of lodestones from dungeons and casual gameplay. Also jumping badges ftw.

It required quite a bit of dedication and more grind that I liked, but OP is wrong, you don’t need to be some überrich/TP playa/goldbuyer to get yourself a legendary as a casual. Since the addition of karma jugs/dungeons giving karma/etc 1mil karma is supereasy to obtain. Skillpoints are a bit of a problem, but you should have enough as a long time player and you can always use fractal tokens to get those faster aswell. Alternative is just to create a new character and explore a bit. Atleast 1/4 T6 come from clover recipe, depends on how unlucky you are with clover RNG, rest can be bought from TP. Ectos come from random rare/exo drops from dungeons and guaranteed rares you buy for dungeon tokens. Getting 100g for icy runestones shouldn’t take you more than about a 1-2 weeks of casual gameplay. Lodestones/precursor are definitely the most painful part of legendary. I’ve pretty much mastered CoE thanks to farming charged cores/lodestones and I know the pain to buy them from TP. I lucked out with the precursor, since I got it for free and I didn’t have to spent time with it. Would have probably added another month in RNG/gathering gold for it, but still doable.

LOL dude 1200 hours in a game thats not even 5 months old I call shenanigens on you having a job or “enjoying your weekends” unless your job was gw2 and enjoying your weekend meant playing it.

Sorry for knowing how to manage my time effectively?
Do you want my yearly income as a proof or smth?

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Been working on my Legendary for about 2 months now, I refuse 2 play stock broker, been there done that, I am doing it the old fashion SLOW Way, why? Cause then once I obtain it, it will be an achievement for Myself, I don;t care what other’s thing, Don;t care if others get it within a month, or just sell gems and buy it from the TP. I just want it for a personal achievement.

As for the OP: Legendaries should NOT be tradable, make them Account Bound, and poof, away goes the insane TP stuff

wtf…skyham….all is vain

Posted by: TexY.2350

TexY.2350

• Worst thing that happend to gw2. Not so legendary anymore……
  • To solve this problem, make a speciaö icon for those who actually crafted 1 legendary(as world completion)
    The people that have bought em shouldnt get it.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I just don’t understand why legendary weapons are not account bound when created. They should not be able to be bought. Period.

It really doesn’t make sense, especially with currencies like dungeon tokens and karma already in place SPECIFICALLY designed so that there are items in game that can only be achieved through effort.

That being said, I don’t really have a desire to get a legendary. I have 77 clovers stashed just in case the scavenger hunt is as good as I hope.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

It makes tons of sense Vorch. The very reason this topic exists is proof that it makes sense… People pay Anet tons of money in gems to get these items. Legendaries aren’t made up of only gold purchased items though so they can’t make as much money from gem sales if they are making it themselves because a lot more of the legendary is karma or loot.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Meh

I have a lot of fun in this game without legendaries, it’s funny though seeing them run around in Wv3 thinking they’re the best then they get killed by just an average looking player.

Agreed to me anyone running around in wv3 with a legendary gets camped and teabagged.

Your envy keeps my lodestones charged.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

For getting the mats needed for legendary, I didn’t farm Orr, never touched TP, did flipping/etc, never spent a dime on goldsellers/gemshop. I don’t enjoy that. It’s like having a second job, that actually doesn’t give you any income. I got all of my gold/karma/half of lodestones from dungeons and casual gameplay. Also jumping badges ftw.

Yeah, I’ve seen 1 charged lodestone drop in all my playing, yet I need 99 more at currently around 3.5g a pop. The drop rate is horrid. CoE tends to be a hard dungeon to find people for as well… at least I need tokens from there too.

Since the addition of karma jugs/dungeons giving karma/etc 1mil karma is supereasy to obtain. Skillpoints are a bit of a problem, but you should have enough as a long time player and you can always use fractal tokens to get those faster aswell. Alternative is just to create a new character and explore a bit. Atleast 1/4 T6 come from clover recipe, depends on how unlucky you are with clover RNG, rest can be bought from TP. Ectos come from random rare/exo drops from dungeons and guaranteed rares you buy for dungeon tokens. Getting 100g for icy runestones shouldn’t take you more than about a 1-2 weeks of casual gameplay. Lodestones/precursor are definitely the most painful part of legendary.

I agree with you that all the karma, badges, etc that you need are the least of the worries for the legendary. I could afford to buy my precursor right now as well, but I’m waiting on news about this scavenger hunt. But all the other stuff that isn’t really farmable and must be bought off the TP is what frustrates me. You say you didn’t flip on the TP, yet you can get 100g every 1-2 weeks from just playing??? I’m sorry, but how the kitten do you do that. I think I play a bit more than casually and I consider it a good day if I make a couple G. I can’t even make 100g in a month….

I want to work hard for my legendary. I think it’s fun. But I bought this game to play it.. you know, do hearts, events… heck, I’ll even farm a certain type of mob for specific drops. But needing to learn how to make money off the TP? No thanks! That is not at all interesting to me and no it’s no “sooo easy” as some will say. Some of us just don’t have the mind for it. :P

Honestly this is my only beef with the game. I think it’s completely fine and fair if people earn stuff by playing whatever ingame market there is. But give all of us who don’t enjoy or are not good at it a road map to obtain things as well.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

How many “ultra-casual players” do you know that dump thousands of dollars into a game they only play for an hour a day or so?

Yeah, thought so.

And before someone replies….no, if you have several hundred hours logged on a game that’s been out for less than five full months, you’re not a “casual” player. Having “just 500 hours” logged means you were playing roughly 3.7 hours per day since the game started. That ain’t casual gaming, much less “ultra-casual”, that’s a part time job.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Can’t just play a game and have fun and think your character looks cool these days. Nope. You have to compare your character to everyone else’s character and know that you look cooler than them or your fun is decreased somehow because other people are having fun too.

“I worked for it.” “I worked for the gold to buy it.” “A friend gifted it to me.” “I got three precursor drops in the lost shore chest.” Who the balls cares. If you’re not having fun, it’s something you don’t like about the game. If the game seems cheap to you, it is your opinion.

It is you, not the game.

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

“trading post wars 2”? bahaha you want to see a real auction house simulator with a game kind of attached to it, go see diablo 3.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Can’t just play a game and have fun and think your character looks cool these days. Nope. You have to compare your character to everyone else’s character and know that you look cooler than them or your fun is decreased somehow because other people are having fun too.

“I worked for it.” “I worked for the gold to buy it.” “A friend gifted it to me.” “I got three precursor drops in the lost shore chest.” Who the balls cares. If you’re not having fun, it’s something you don’t like about the game. If the game seems cheap to you, it is your opinion.

It is you, not the game.

What if you’re not having fun, what if you’ve based your ideal of fun on obtaining a legendary and are irked by badly structured aspects of a potentially decent game?

Too much of this is just based on a “can’t we all get along guise” idealistic approach, instead of a “It’s probably just an offshoot of other inherent lacking aspects of this game” one.

Then again, along with “envy” claim posts, the “play something else” posts are just as worthless and a waste of virtual space and with no offense intended to you or others, is all I’m expecting this thread to generate in abundance.

Fanboys will be fanboys

Irony…. xD

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

For getting the mats needed for legendary, I didn’t farm Orr, never touched TP, did flipping/etc, never spent a dime on goldsellers/gemshop. I don’t enjoy that. It’s like having a second job, that actually doesn’t give you any income. I got all of my gold/karma/half of lodestones from dungeons and casual gameplay. Also jumping badges ftw.

Yeah, I’ve seen 1 charged lodestone drop in all my playing, yet I need 99 more at currently around 3.5g a pop. The drop rate is horrid. CoE tends to be a hard dungeon to find people for as well… at least I need tokens from there too.

Since the addition of karma jugs/dungeons giving karma/etc 1mil karma is supereasy to obtain. Skillpoints are a bit of a problem, but you should have enough as a long time player and you can always use fractal tokens to get those faster aswell. Alternative is just to create a new character and explore a bit. Atleast 1/4 T6 come from clover recipe, depends on how unlucky you are with clover RNG, rest can be bought from TP. Ectos come from random rare/exo drops from dungeons and guaranteed rares you buy for dungeon tokens. Getting 100g for icy runestones shouldn’t take you more than about a 1-2 weeks of casual gameplay. Lodestones/precursor are definitely the most painful part of legendary.

I agree with you that all the karma, badges, etc that you need are the least of the worries for the legendary. I could afford to buy my precursor right now as well, but I’m waiting on news about this scavenger hunt. But all the other stuff that isn’t really farmable and must be bought off the TP is what frustrates me. You say you didn’t flip on the TP, yet you can get 100g every 1-2 weeks from just playing??? I’m sorry, but how the kitten do you do that. I think I play a bit more than casually and I consider it a good day if I make a couple G. I can’t even make 100g in a month….

I want to work hard for my legendary. I think it’s fun. But I bought this game to play it.. you know, do hearts, events… heck, I’ll even farm a certain type of mob for specific drops. But needing to learn how to make money off the TP? No thanks! That is not at all interesting to me and no it’s no “sooo easy” as some will say. Some of us just don’t have the mind for it. :P

Honestly this is my only beef with the game. I think it’s completely fine and fair if people earn stuff by playing whatever ingame market there is. But give all of us who don’t enjoy or are not good at it a road map to obtain things as well.

This, exactly this, Anet designed there game this way on purpose and people are not as stupid as they thought, we can see right through it. Gw2 is a shell of what they said it would be.

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

919h+ on main, 1172h or smth overall, player since beta. Who cares how people obtain their legendary, they can pay for it if they want to, I finished my Sunrise last week and I know how much effort I put into it, so it has a much bigger meaning/value to me. I think it took me around 2 months. It’s not a status symbol, you won’t get any more respect if you suck. It’s just a nice looking skin that only costs a lot of money and RNG.

About the unobtainable legendary for casuals, I have a full time job and I enjoy my weekends, there are times I don’t have time to play at all after work. Since I value my time I have for playing, I spend it only on stuff I enjoy. For getting the mats needed for legendary, I didn’t farm Orr, never touched TP, did flipping/etc, never spent a dime on goldsellers/gemshop. I don’t enjoy that. It’s like having a second job, that actually doesn’t give you any income. I got all of my gold/karma/half of lodestones from dungeons and casual gameplay. Also jumping badges ftw.

It required quite a bit of dedication and more grind that I liked, but OP is wrong, you don’t need to be some überrich/TP playa/goldbuyer to get yourself a legendary as a casual. Since the addition of karma jugs/dungeons giving karma/etc 1mil karma is supereasy to obtain. Skillpoints are a bit of a problem, but you should have enough as a long time player and you can always use fractal tokens to get those faster aswell. Alternative is just to create a new character and explore a bit. Atleast 1/4 T6 come from clover recipe, depends on how unlucky you are with clover RNG, rest can be bought from TP. Ectos come from random rare/exo drops from dungeons and guaranteed rares you buy for dungeon tokens. Getting 100g for icy runestones shouldn’t take you more than about a 1-2 weeks of casual gameplay. Lodestones/precursor are definitely the most painful part of legendary. I’ve pretty much mastered CoE thanks to farming charged cores/lodestones and I know the pain to buy them from TP. I lucked out with the precursor, since I got it for free and I didn’t have to spent time with it. Would have probably added another month in RNG/gathering gold for it, but still doable.

How did you get 100g as a casual gamer enjoying the rest of the game without farming? I have about at most 3hrs a day to play, I don’t really like to farm, so I keep switching characters, from my main to my other 2. And there is no way that I’ve made 100g in the 3 months that I’ve been playing, let alone in 1-2 weeks.
When I started I didn’t want a legendary as it meant PvP for both world completion and badges of honor. But I’ve managed to do world completion without actually having to PvP (I decided on this after I completed the PvE map,) by switching servers. And I found out that you can get badges from the jumping puzzle.
But to me nearly everything else for a Bifrost, seems to be way off. 500 tokens from Arah Exp? Then there is that 77 cloves, 500 ectos, etc.
But seriously I would really like to know how to get 100g from 1-2 weeks of casual game play. Dungeon running? 25s per run?

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

Posted by: Shear Force.9154

Shear Force.9154

Actually there is a bit of truth in his post, people who played the market from the get go have insane amounts of gold and I don’t mean the rich people who just buy the gold, but really that’s any mmorpg, there will always be people who play the market and that’s fine by me, however you can’t disagree that legendaries are in fact no longer legendary at all because you can just go an buy the kitten thing and while I’d much rather buy one, I can’t help but feel like the whole journey of getting one is what makes it feel special.

At the same time however, grinding mindlessly for it for weeks or months however long it takes was just not the way to go about it for Anet, not for the company who said that they don’t what people to ever grind in GW2, well if it’s not a grind I dont know what is.

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

How did you get 100g as a casual gamer enjoying the rest of the game without farming? I have about at most 3hrs a day to play, I don’t really like to farm, so I keep switching characters, from my main to my other 2. And there is no way that I’ve made 100g in the 3 months that I’ve been playing, let alone in 1-2 weeks.
When I started I didn’t want a legendary as it meant PvP for both world completion and badges of honor. But I’ve managed to do world completion without actually having to PvP (I decided on this after I completed the PvE map,) by switching servers. And I found out that you can get badges from the jumping puzzle.
But to me nearly everything else for a Bifrost, seems to be way off. 500 tokens from Arah Exp? Then there is that 77 cloves, 500 ectos, etc.
But seriously I would really like to know how to get 100g from 1-2 weeks of casual game play. Dungeon running? 25s per run?

I pretty much only ran dungeons for gold. As I said, I really hate mob grinding and dungeons/social interaction with guildies is one of the things I enjoy the most in GW2, so it didn’t feel like a grind. I admit 15g~ per day is not casual anymore, but anyone should be able to get 7g per day from completing 2 dungeons every day. For example AC is about 1g per path if you don’t skip moneymobs/bosses and get only bad blue drops, more if you get some decent drops. If you’re finished with ectos, you can use tokens from CoF and upwards to buy 6 rares per day, get some ectos out of them and sell them. For the “useless” tokens, save them up, buy 4 exotic weapons, MF and get min 2.5g or so out of that. Also a free shot at a precursor and some named weapons sell for quite a high amount.

If you’re not going after Sunrise/Bolt, then definitely do CoE p1 for profit aswell, that’s faceroll and should be doable for anyone. Cores are still like 1.5g profit, lodestone up to 4g. If you’re going for one of those 2 legendaries, then just cry yourself to sleep when you calculate how much potential money you’re wasting by keeping them.

I’ve always stayed away from the TP, because I lack the knowledge/patience for those kind of things, only exception is probably on halloween when I made maybe 10g profit with some random skin. I much more prefer to get my hands dirty for my gold.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

The fact of the matter is the game is now old enough for a legendary item to start becoming more and more common, unfortunately it has meant hardcore players with little knowledge of playing the TP (once you have 20g or more starting capital the TP is VERY EASY to play btw, not saying L2P but comon… it takes like 10 mins to flip items) are being left behind a little bit.

I agree with that part, it has turned into trading post wars 2, either that or get your credit card out or diminishing returns wars 2.

Dont hate the game because you cant farm a Legendarie. There are some more important things that you can hate and need to be improved. If people wants to spend their money on stupid things its their choice, nothing to do about you and that you can cry about anyway. Oh now you are seeing too many Legendaries? Maybe they farmed for them, maybe they spend their money on them. So what ? Stop the useless topics because there are some important things that need to be done and as far as legendarys i can only hope they add more because most of the current ones are simply ugly in my opinion.

I hope that my comment wont go deleted so that the mods see that this forum is being just spammed with topic and topics from people who just cant do stuff and just can complain.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Then again, along with “envy” claim posts, the “play something else” posts are just as worthless and a waste of virtual space and with no offense intended to you or others, is all I’m expecting this thread to generate in abundance.

Fanboys will be fanboys

Not all complaints are of equal value, and your inherent bias against the current system is obviously colouring your appreciation of posts either in support of your own view or against it.

Complaints are far easier to consider based on quantification – if a system of numbers are poorly balanced, it is easily made clear – but a complaint based on subjectivity (‘I don’t think things should be this easy to do’) are much more difficult to justify. And honestly, I don’t see many people complaining about this topic basing their arguments on ground that’s any more diverse than ‘I don’t like this / It’s stupid / It unbalances the economy in some way / It encourages too much reliance on the Trading Post, which I don’t think should happen’. If you’re stating an opinion as fact, you come across as arrogant. Quantify your complaints and they’ll be more easily appreciated.

Also, there’s an irony in seeing someone complain about ‘worthless’ posts following up by calling people who don’t agree with your point ‘fanboys’. You’re not contributing to discussion and you’re failing to understand that without solid justification, complaints are just as pointless as blind praise.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Complain about a Trading Post is not even a point. If you dont like the game, just log out and uninstall. And im not a fanboy i just like to see that for a 5 month old game this forum is “just a little bit” spammed.

(edited by Knox.3748)

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

Well the good thing about GW2 is you don’t have to care because even though it’s an MMO, it’s not one at all, cause you do everything by yourself anyway, and it’s casual as kitten to begin with…so it doesn’t matter! Great huh?

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

Legendaries should not be able to be sold. Since I took all the effort to farm the freaking badges (even if you have to do some jp to get enough), 1mill karma, lots of farming for the gifts etc is alot of work.

If people really want them you can get within a few months if you put in the time and effort.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Are not even legendary anymore or even rare.

Congrats on the legendaries.

What annoy’s me is Guild Wars 2 and Legendarys has just turned into trading post wars 2. Not about how much you played the game, how you earned it through playing the game, but how you can play the trading post….

Welcome to Trading Post Wars 2.

It makes me laugh how Arena Net made this game and thought it was a good idea, legendary’s are not even rare anymore a few months into the game because it doesn’t matter what or how you play the game, just play the trading post and get rich.

Is funny how someone like me who plays the game, does not play the market hardly at all, does not get out there credit card every 5 mins, has over 1000 hours of game time and yet still is nowhere near there goals or a legendary, but players with less than 500 hours have hundreds if not more of gold and 3-5 legendary’s already…..

I feel it just cheapens the game as a whole, I dont even see GW2 as an RPG MMO anymore, the rpg is a joke, its barely an mmo, I see it as an ultra super dumbed down version of an mmo for super casual players. That’s how I see GW2 from now.

How Anet thought this was a good idea I don’t know and there trying to compensate for there lack of forsight by knee jerk adding ascended gear grind and nerfing any decent way to make gold just by playing the game. Punishing players with diminishing returns anyone? Worst thing in mmo history and serves zero purpose other than to stop players doing what they want to do and forcing you to go do something else….causing an anti social effect aswell, sorry guys iv got DR I have to go…

So yeah congrats on your legendary’s but im thinking it doesn’t mean very much in this game anymore and welcome to Trading Post Wars 2.

TLDR: To me this game just does not feel like an RPG MMO, it feels like a super ultra dumb downed for the masses casual game and all about trading post wars 2 and the gem store.

You realize this is part of ArenaNet’s business model, right? They want to sell gems. Players can buy gold with gems… then buy lengedaries with gold.

This is all quite intentional and by design. If you think otherwise you’re fooling yourself.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

LOL dude 1200 hours in a game thats not even 5 months old I call shenanigens on you having a job or “enjoying your weekends” unless your job was gw2 and enjoying your weekend meant playing it.

1172 hours over 5 months comes to roughly 8 hours per day. To allow for days when you don’t have time to play at all there must be several other days when you did nothing at all except play GW2. However you do it that’s not casual play.

At the same time however, grinding mindlessly for it for weeks or months however long it takes was just not the way to go about it for Anet, not for the company who said that they don’t what people to ever grind in GW2, well if it’s not a grind I dont know what is.

They never said that they don’t want people to ever grind in GW2. I don’t remember the exact wording but esentially what they said was if you want to grind for hours to get a super-special-ultra-rare item then the only difference between that and a more easily obtainable one should be the appearence. You shouldn’t be required to grind in order to play the game.

Which is exactly what they did with legendaries.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

What annoy’s me is Guild Wars 2 and Legendarys has just turned into trading post wars 2. Not about how much you played the game, how you earned it through playing the game, but how you can play the trading post….

It makes me laugh how Arena Net made this game and thought it was a good idea, legendary’s are not even rare anymore a few months into the game because it doesn’t matter what or how you play the game, just play the trading post and get rich.

Is funny how someone like me who plays the game, does not play the market hardly at all, does not get out there credit card every 5 mins, has over 1000 hours of game time and yet still is nowhere near there goals or a legendary, but players with less than 500 hours have hundreds if not more of gold and 3-5 legendary’s already…..

I feel it just cheapens the game as a whole, I dont even see GW2 as an RPG MMO anymore, the rpg is a joke, its barely an mmo, I see it as an ultra super dumbed down version of an mmo for super casual players. That’s how I see GW2 from now.

How Anet thought this was a good idea I don’t know and there trying to compensate for there lack of forsight by knee jerk adding ascended gear grind and nerfing any decent way to make gold just by playing the game. Punishing players with diminishing returns anyone? Worst thing in mmo history and serves zero purpose other than to stop players doing what they want to do and forcing you to go do something else….causing an anti social effect aswell, sorry guys iv got DR I have to go…

So yeah congrats on your legendary’s but im thinking it doesn’t mean very much in this game anymore and welcome to Trading Post Wars 2.

TLDR: To me this game just does not feel like an RPG MMO, it feels like a super ultra dumb downed for the masses casual game and all about trading post wars 2 and the gem store.

You realize this is part of ArenaNet’s business model, right? They want to sell gems. Players can buy gold with gems… then buy lengedaries with gold.

This is all quite intentional and by design. If you think otherwise you’re fooling yourself.

Your just stating the obvious….and because they designed it this way the game has become cheap casual extremely easy and dumb downed game for the masses all based around the gem store and the trading outpost. Hardly any challenge just Trading Post Wars 2.

Yes its there business model but the way they are using it, implementing it and pushing it down our throats at every turn in the game is just ruining the game as a whole and is total overkill and just not needed to make a profit.

The holiday gambling in gem store and constant nerfing of normal in game ways of making gold or diminishing returns are just a few examples, I can think of many many more.

(edited by TRON.1085)

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I admit 15g~ per day is not casual anymore, but anyone should be able to get 7g per day from completing 2 dungeons every day. For example AC is about 1g per path if you don’t skip moneymobs/bosses and get only bad blue drops, more if you get some decent drops. If you’re finished with ectos, you can use tokens from CoF and upwards to buy 6 rares per day, get some ectos out of them and sell them. For the “useless” tokens, save them up, buy 4 exotic weapons, MF and get min 2.5g or so out of that. Also a free shot at a precursor and some named weapons sell for quite a high amount.

If you’re not going after Sunrise/Bolt, then definitely do CoE p1 for profit aswell, that’s faceroll and should be doable for anyone. Cores are still like 1.5g profit, lodestone up to 4g. If you’re going for one of those 2 legendaries, then just cry yourself to sleep when you calculate how much potential money you’re wasting by keeping them.

Thanks for the advice. I recently tried full AC and CoF clear. I made almost 3g from AC but only 2.5g from full CoF clear (not counting any rares and globs I got as I need those :P). I guess if you run enough dungeons you can do 7g a day but it still seems a bit of a high estimate. I’ll be able to do this a couple days a week, but not every.. I’ll burn out. ^^

And other legendaries than Sunrise/Twilight take those lodestones. :P Luckily my precursor is “cheap”.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

LOL at people whining about other people having fun. Seriously, you measure your self-worth by how shiny your pixels are? Also, this game was explicitly marketed to casual players. That was a huge part of the marketing. I’m not sure how that is a surprise to anyone.

It’s very irritating the way they went back on their word and added vertical progression into the game, which made legendaries much more important for anyone who doesn’t want to get stuck on a gear treadmill. That’s doubtless part of the reason legendaries are skyrocketing in price. Without the treadmill and how legendaries are permanently best in slot, I doubt so many people would be getting legendaries. ANet shouldn’t have listened to the hardcore crowd who rushed through all the content, but they did, and now we’re seeing the consequences.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This game hasn’t been ultra casual since they interduced the patches that broke MF that lowered the drop rates even on ectos from salvages and all of the loot was focused only in WvW and a single dungeon but keep on believing that.

If you think it was ultra casual the first month would have been considered that since we saw great loot from level 80 zone mobs, real rewards from doing large group metas like dragon events, and have the ability to farm unimpeded by DR.

Ultra casual =/= buying gold, Ultra casual = the ability to do everything solo without a group and getting the same rewards as those who run dungeons or raids (if this game had raids) or those who do pvp of all kinds. That’s ultracasual.

What you’re describing is closer to pay to win since the legendaries will soon have the ascended gear scores giving a distinct advantage.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

What you’re describing is closer to pay to win since the legendaries will soon have the ascended gear scores giving a distinct advantage.

an advantage over exotics certainly,but I’m assuming there’ll be other asended weapons too,meaning you don’t have to do the unholy grind to be on a even playing field

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

OP, you really overuse the phrase:

“trading post wars 2”

Stop complaining. Whether someone spends 1000 hours farming gold to buy off the trading post, or whether someone spends 1000 hours farming karma/tokens/ect; they earned it. It doesn’t effect me, you, the guy who posted above me, or ANYONE else. All it does is effect your ego. And that just seems like a you problem.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Threads like this makes me happy that I am not someone who cares about being a special snowflake in a game, it makes playing these types of games so much more enjoyable when you don’t worry about what other people have and whether you feel like a special snowflake or not.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

No just admit you over exaggerate your time played because if you started playing during headstart that would be from aug27th- today 138 days that would equate to roughly 8.5 hours a day everyday so I call shenanigans.

Asglarek.8976

an advantage over exotics certainly,but I’m assuming there’ll be other asended weapons too,meaning you don’t have to do the unholy grind to be on a even playing field

I bet they give us a new tier of exotics as well so all is not hopeless.

eisberg.2379

You are far far from a casual player, you are averaging 8 hours of play every day, 7 days a week. That is hardcore playing. And considering you are saying that it shouldn’t take more then 1-2 weeks of casual play, and you consider your 8 hours a day as casual, it will take a lot more then 1-2 weeks of real casual play, more like 2+ months.

Doesn’t really matter to me though how long it takes, no interest in having to do grinding for legendary, grinding is no fun.

eisberg.2379

No just admit you over exaggerate your time played because if you started playing during headstart that would be from aug27th- today 138 days that would equate to roughly 8.5 hours a day everyday so I call shenanigans.

All he does is wake up, go to work, come home, play GW2 the rest of the day till he goes back to bed. 8 Hours work, 8 hours GW2, 8 Hours Sleep. So yes he can have that many hours in the game and still have a full time job, but he is literally doing nothing but working and playing GW2 when he is awake. Not a life I would want to live, but to each his own. Personally I enjoy my full time work, spending time with my wife and son, and then spending about 1 hour per day playing GW2, and about 6 hours total over the weekend.

Asglarek.8976

It may be part of their business model and thats all well an good but when they start manipulating the RNG with DR which in turn inflates/deflates the market (which is exactly what wall street did with mortgage loans that destroyed the worlds economy and stole more than 100 trillion and counting in real world personal treasure) then to force people to conform to their business model well that to me is truely evil but thankfully we can just walk away but it does shed light on just how screwed up corporations are even in the virtual world.

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Diminishing returns: Play less, pay more.

If January patch fixes these issues I will continue to pay and play, if not, I will uninstall the game.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.