Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Just finally finished the personal story stuff in time for HoT, watching the ending scenes where the fleet <insert spoiler here> with my son (12) looking over my shoulder. Suddenly he says “This would make a great anime.”

I kind of agree with him… done right you have many elements for a good anime… magic and fighting, strange creatures, epic tales, adventure, skimpy outfits… Hell, I’d watch it.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Oh for the love of…

Not everything in the world is about flippin’ anime.

Why do anime superfans insist everything be converted/compared to/related to it?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

VOLKON.1290

Oh for the love of…

Why do anime superfans insist everything be converted/compared to/related to it?

I think you’re being a little over-emotional here. I just think it would work well, which could be a nice little cash cow for ANet.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I would watch it tbh…

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not necessarily anime but animated. Animated tales can easily go beyond any live action ones because practical effects aren’t a concern and animation is loads cheaper than mostly realistic CGI. And since it’s not live action, I think it’s easier to suspend disbelief if something doesn’t “feel” right.

What anime has going for it, once you cull 90% of it, is there is still a lot of interesting stories and ideas that can be told on a fantastic scale. Loads more than what we normally get in the West every year.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I would pay for a GW2 anime. As long as the story is better than what we have in-game, that is.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

I can see it becomes real

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

How would the tail clipping look as anime?

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

As long as it’s not ruined by Lolicon or little sister fetishes like many unfortunate animes have been. SAO for example.

It also needs animated by Madhouse. <3

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Not necessarily anime but animated. Animated tales can easily go beyond any live action ones because practical effects aren’t a concern and animation is loads cheaper than mostly realistic CGI. And since it’s not live action, I think it’s easier to suspend disbelief if something doesn’t “feel” right.

What anime has going for it, once you cull 90% of it, is there is still a lot of interesting stories and ideas that can be told on a fantastic scale. Loads more than what we normally get in the West every year.

I agree with Behellagh i would like to have animated shorts then anime the reason why is the cost and time to make a anime….. All that drawing frame to frame 3D animation you dont need to worry about drawing every frame since twining.

I would love to see the same team that worked on SW the clone wars work on it

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

VOLKON.1290

I can see it becomes real

OK, that’s freakin’ amazing. Nicely done!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Meh. I saw the show for Blade and Soul, and it was alright. But the thing with GW2 is that I currently don’t like the story or the characters very much, so watching it become an anime would basically be like sitting through living world. Again.

Oh for the love of…

You know, I find disproportionate responses to be the sign of underlying issues.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

VOLKON.1290

Meh. I saw the show for Blade and Soul, and it was alright. But the thing with GW2 is that I currently don’t like the story or the characters very much, so watching it become an anime would basically be like sitting through living world. Again.

Oh for the love of…

You know, I find disproportionate responses to be the sign of underlying issues.

No no no. New, unique stories based on characters that are not of the main arch. Maybe cameos, but that’s it.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Oh for the love of…

I think you’re being a little over-emotional here. I just think it would work well, which could be a nice little cash cow for ANet.

No see he is going with the anime theme. Every anime is over emotional and super dramatic. He is just in character on the forums. See. This is gw2 forum anime.

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

This might be pretty cool, if they brought in different writers. Anything but more god-awful Destiny’s Edge high school melodrama.

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Well, really, can you name a successful video game cartoon?

True, we got pokemon (which is still going…my god…) and the only one I can think of that I liked was Sonic SatAM. The rest now when I look back…I shudder…

Not to mention that there really hasn’t been much of a successful video game movie yet. So, the reason there really hasn’t been a push for one, or even mention, is basically its too big of a risk. Heck, Blizzard is taking that risk right now, and probably a lot of companies and movie producers are waiting to see how that even turns out.

Even worse, now that this is mentioned Uwe Boll is probably getting ready to ask Anet for the rights as we speak…

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

As long as it’s not ruined by Lolicon or little sister fetishes like many unfortunate animes have been. SAO for example.

It also needs animated by Madhouse. <3

Oh yeah, sure!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Rytlock senpai ~ Plz notice me >_<

*wink wink

//Anime for my favorite game. Why not?

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

As long as it’s hentai, I’m in.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Guild Wars 2 - anime?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I agree with Behellagh i would like to have animated shorts then anime the reason why is the cost and time to make a anime….. All that drawing frame to frame 3D animation you dont need to worry about drawing every frame since twining.

I would love to see the same team that worked on SW the clone wars work on it

You misunderstood me. Anime is simply animation attributed to Japan. My CGI comment was more about animation vs live action and not place of origin. Anime gets a rep because of all the the standard tropes but there are a number of series that either avoid them or hang a lampshade on them. It’s just in Japan, a story like Guild Wars 2 would likely be made rather than the western animation houses of the US or Canada.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes