Guild Wars 2 for Consoles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe this could be really cool, specially with a interesting keyboard controller attachment.

But whats some ways you would go about designing a MMO GW2 game for consoles?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

From scratch maybe. But that’s unlikely.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

But whats some ways you would go about designing a MMO GW2 game for consoles?

Attachments:

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Having tried to set it up for a Steam Controller, it’s probably a little too complicated for a normal controller, without a major overhaul to skills and a corresponding impact on balance.

It doesn’t help that some classes have 5 class skills to account for on top of 5 weapon skills, 5 utilities, weapon swap, dodge, jump, use, and that’s ignoring menus.

I certainly hope they give it consideration for GW3. Ideally, you would just use button combos to implement certain actions that tend to be common across different skill types (e.g. “chain attack”, “whirl attack”, “leap attack”, “block/counter”), and then interpret them differently based on weapon, profession, context, or whatever.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

Just no. GW2 with its old engine and DirectX9 is already bad in terms of gpu/cpu usage. I don’t want it to get worse when the develolpers have to take care about consoles too.

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

It won’t happen because if I remember right anet said MS and Sony want too big of a cut. That being said though it is possible to use a controller, I have been using one since launch, first a xbox 360 controller and now a xbox one controller. Program I use it joystix pro, it uses the left trigger and right trigger to shift between button assignments so you end up with something like 40+ buttons. Also with the action cam it works very well, it’s not the best for pvp because rotating the camera and trying to attack at the same time is a pain, but for general pve content it works great.