Guild Wars 2 goes Asia-Grind

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sworddragon.8512

Sworddragon.8512

With the Queen’s Jubilee we can encounter bosses in the pavilion which needs some above-average tactics to succeed. Normally a player needs a lot of tries to gain enough experience to succeed on all achievement challenges which will need up to 6 tickets a try. But there is a problem: You gain tickets relative slowly but need normally a huge amount of them. This results in investing over 90% of the time on ticket grinding instead of doing the challenges. If you are unlucky you will need to full-time-grind until the event ends just to get enough tickets which looks very asia-grind-like to me.

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

you can buy them from a vendor

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

buy sprockets off the tp- trade them for tickets at the reps in the pavilion.
No grinding needed

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Mordenn.4186

Mordenn.4186

And if you’re feeling particularly frugal, you can easily get enough sprockets to buy the tickets just by spending 5 minutes on the random spawn bosses in the arena, each of which gives ~15 sprockets. Since you only need 30 sprockets for 5 tickets, and the bosses spawn two at a time, that’s only a few minutes minutes total. Not what I’d call an absurdly long grind.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I just laugh at the title. The OP has no idea how bad “Asia-Grind” can be.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I just laugh at the title. The OP has no idea how bad “Asia-Grind” can be.

I know, I laughed too lol

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

In other games there’s this boring grind to get to the fun stuff…

Okay.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Yeah, but at least in many of the “Asia-Grind” titles you can set up a simple autohotkey script, and just check on your progress before you go to work in the morning =D

I’m trying to think, the last thing I “played” like that was Voyage Century Online, I’d say 85% of my characters life was scripted, with about 15% of me actually behind the keyboard lol.