Guild Wars 2 heart of thorns

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erickmwc.9135

Erickmwc.9135

Hey everyone,
so I bought the standart GW2 a long time ago (2-3 years maybe) and since I was looking for a online game I decided to take a look at gw2 again, and looks like that after the expansion it got free.
My question is: There’s no difference from who bought the game some time ago and who’s playing it for free? Also, seems that there isn’t even a discount for the expansion to who already owned the standart game, am I right?
I searched on google but the aswers I found were incomplete, so sorry if this question already appear here lots of times
Thanks in advance

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

f2p accounts have restrictions. Your paid for core game will not. And yes no discount. Too expensive for me to purchase HoT so I haven’t done so.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

HOT alone isn’t worth full price in my opinion. 4 maps and one new profession. Doesn’t even include a character slot for the new profession: you have to buy that with gems.

Posted by: Erickmwc.9135

Erickmwc.9135

Good to know that Blude, I wasn’t aware of that.
Is possible to buy the expansion with in game itens Daniel?
Thanks guys

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s not possible to buy the expansion with gems (or any other in-game item), you have to use real money.

I recommend checking (reputable) 3rd party sellers, like real-life stores, Amazon etc. as it’s now cheaper in some places. Amazon.co.uk has it for £25, whereas it’s still £35 on the official site.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Blude.6812

69.99 at amazon.ca
Buying it directly from Anet would cost me over 80$ after CC conversion and charges.
Forget that!
I am sure it will be in the bargain bins at Walmart or EB eventually but a lot of stores don’t even stock the game online or their retail outlets up here.

Posted by: morrowson.9245

morrowson.9245

Don’t play this kittened game. It has a bunch of crack content at the beggingin 1-80 then the maps get hard to navigate and the mobs get insanely hard to kill.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Don’t play this kittened game. It has a bunch of crack content at the beggingin 1-80 then the maps get hard to navigate and the mobs get insanely hard to kill.

Constructive. If you hate it so much, why are you here? You’ve also only seem to have played the game for two days or close to that. Give it some more time.

To the OP, the core game is free to those that buy the expansion and apply it towards a new account. Targeting this type of promotion towards new players is common everywhere. This will also be how they will do other expansions with previous releases lumped together. The next expansion will be $50 and include HoT and the core game when applied to a new account.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: SirBlunticus.4258

SirBlunticus.4258

So…what you are saying is to wait to not get ripped off?
Wait till they make all the expansions (dlc…lol)
Pay 50 for the COMPLETE game…then maybe…just maybe…you won’t be “kittened” off by the current dlc…. i mean expansion. for 50$ mind you…. i was hyped and fully anticipating as this was my favorite game.
I feel TOTALLY ripped off and slapped in the face!
Save your money…this game is sinking fast.
All they keep doing is adding more paid cash shop crap…gating the fun stuff (since the content in hot is totally lacking)
I find myself in tyria more than the hot zones (only 3 real maps – small too)
-I have to convince myself to go back to hot zones… just for mats, and a meta…but really should i have to “make” myself go to the new zones?
- After a couple weeks the hot zone will be a chore to you…trust me.
-you’ll be back in tyria in no time…where it was originally about fun all around

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So…what you are saying is to wait to not get ripped off?
Wait till they make all the expansions (dlc…lol)
Pay 50 for the COMPLETE game…then maybe…just maybe…you won’t be “kittened” off by the current dlc…. i mean expansion. for 50$ mind you…. i was hyped and fully anticipating as this was my favorite game.
I feel TOTALLY ripped off and slapped in the face!
Save your money…this game is sinking fast.
All they keep doing is adding more paid cash shop crap…gating the fun stuff (since the content in hot is totally lacking)
I find myself in tyria more than the hot zones (only 3 real maps – small too)
-I have to convince myself to go back to hot zones… just for mats, and a meta…but really should i have to “make” myself go to the new zones?
- After a couple weeks the hot zone will be a chore to you…trust me.
-you’ll be back in tyria in no time…where it was originally about fun all around

You’re not being ripped off. Either you decide if the amount of content in HoT is worth it and buy it or you don’t. It’s as simple as that. When the next expansion is released, you then decide if the content is worth buying. If you didn’t buy HoT, you can include all of that content in your decision.

I’ve been playing HoT since release and it has not been a chore for me. The game is not sinking but if you feel otherwise, feel free to link a source backing that up.

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Honestly, it all comes down to each person. I bought the ultimate HoT, and I am not displeased. I like HoT a lot, and feel it was worth the money. While there are only 4 new maps, the layering they did was a neat way to make them feel much, much bigger. And I feel the story telling aspect, which is what usually makes or breaks a game for me, is getting better and better. They are moving away from what they did with the original personal story and making the story telling more like it was in the original game, which was done very well.

I cannot tell you it’s worth the money to buy the expansion. I can tell you I enjoy it a lot. You will just have to take a chance and see for yourself. You will either like it and be happy, or regret your purchase, and possibly contact support to get a refund.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

Hey everyone,
so I bought the standart GW2 a long time ago (2-3 years maybe) and since I was looking for a online game I decided to take a look at gw2 again, and looks like that after the expansion it got free.
My question is: There’s no difference from who bought the game some time ago and who’s playing it for free? Also, seems that there isn’t even a discount for the expansion to who already owned the standart game, am I right?
I searched on google but the aswers I found were incomplete, so sorry if this question already appear here lots of times
Thanks in advance

It seems like your questions were answered upthread. I wanted to chime in with a warning about the forums. There is a loud contingent of posters here who take any and every opportunity to trash the game. Some of them have been at it for months, some even for years.

The forums can be a great resource for quick, factual information- like what you asked here. The forums are a terrible place to try and get an idea about how the game is actually doing in any real sense, due to all the hyperbolic noise.

Welcome back, hope you enjoy yourself, play a bunch and form your own opinions.

Blude.6812

^ exaggerated hyperbole from both sides of the camp.

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

^ exaggerated hyperbole from both sides of the camp.

Is there hyperbole from supporters of the game? Sure. Is it anywhere near the detractors that I’m talking about? No. Not even close.

Maybe you’re about to say, “Yah it is! Neener neener neener!” So here’s some examples.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-forums-over-the-last-few-weeks/first#post5893425

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-wars-The-end-is-nigh/first#post5408194

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-To-Tyria/first#post5369525