Guild Wars 2 interface is poorly made?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Do you find something annoying in GW2 interface? because I find a lot of things:

• You can’t rejoin to overflow queue.
  • Pop-ups are annoying as heeeell (especially tournament pop-ups, even if you click “wait” it will still pop!).
  • There’s no search option in bought, sold items.
  • 250 quantity is too low on Trading Post if you want to buy thousands of items.
  • No quantity option at vendors…
  • You can’t grant members with inviting priviliges withought kicking priviliges.
  • You can’t check on what server you are without loging out.
  • Point of interests icons are too small.
  • Karma vendors scattered through the whole world is a poor idea.
  • Different types of mining pick etc. are meaningless.
  • You have to wait in hot join for the next round to play…(c’mon! why!? it’s a hot join!).

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Do you find something annoying in GW2 interface? because I find a lot of things:

• You can’t rejoin to overflow queue. Overflow queue? What is that? You mean if you left overflow, you want to go back to it? If you have a group member in that overflow you can rejoin it, but honestly, why leave it if you didn’t want to? You are given the option to stay.
  • Pop-ups are annoying as heeeell (especially tournament pop-ups, even if you click “wait” it will still pop!). I have no experience with this.
  • There’s no search option in bought, sold items. Valid I’d say.
  • 250 quantity is too low on Trading Post if you want to buy thousands of items. Valid.
  • No quantity option at vendors…Valid.
  • You can’t grant members with inviting priviliges withought kicking priviliges. Valid.
  • You can’t check on what server you are without loging out. Never knew this was a problem for people. How do you not know what server you are on?
  • Point of interests icons are too small. Valid.
  • Karma vendors scattered through the whole world is a poor idea. Not sure why this is a poor idea? It’s like any vendor, what does it matter that it is a karma vendor?
  • Different types of mining pick etc. are meaningless. It’s a money sink, therefore not meaningless. It’s meaningless to you since they are all used the same way (hit F).
  • You have to wait in hot join for the next round to play…(c’mon! why!? it’s a hot join!). It hot joins you to an instance and I can only assume waiting is for balance purposes. I could be wrong though.
I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Psychol.5783

• You can’t rejoin to overflow queue. Overflow queue? What is that? You mean if you left overflow, you want to go back to it? If you have a group member in that overflow you can rejoin it, but honestly, why leave it if you didn’t want to? You are given the option to stay.

Because sometimes if I’m doing something then I don’t want to travel instantly so I’m leaving and I need to relog later to join again.

• You can’t check on what server you are without loging out. Never knew this was a problem for people. How do you not know what server you are on?

Someone said to me during Dragon Bash fireworks that if server is full then system is kicking you to other server.

• Karma vendors scattered through the whole world is a poor idea. Not sure why this is a poor idea? It’s like any vendor, what does it matter that it is a karma vendor?

Gold vendors with ingredients, gathering tools are in Lions Arch, Laurels and fractal items are in one place too. Why not karma items?

It hot joins you to an instance and I can only assume waiting is for balance purposes. I could be wrong though.

It’s a no brainer match, you join to hot join just for fun, hitting buttons and doing whatever you want not for fair play. Tournament is meant to be played seriously.

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

Karma vendors are supposed to represent people who want to help you for helping them. Do you even know what Karma is? It’s not supposed to be a currency.

Psychol.5783

Karma vendors are supposed to represent people who want to help you for helping them. Do you even know what Karma is? It’s not supposed to be a currency.

So? I don’t see links between my complain and your comment. I’ts not funny to travel everytime I want to buy something and hoarding items and wasting space in character bags, deposit.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

The one that drives me frequently nuts is that there is no option to search (for example) medium armor between certain levels on the TP. Cant be that hard to add that surely? Or even a “usable by me” checkbox as seen in other games?

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

So? I don’t see links between my complain and your comment. I’ts not funny to travel everytime I want to buy something and hoarding items and wasting space in character bags, deposit.

you want everyone you help in rl to all come to you home and offer you a cookie for your help? and stay there cause you helped them?

npcs stay at there “home” or location" if they see you and you helped them they will “give you a cookie” to say thankyou not come to la juts cause you dont want to travele to them

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Karma, as it is used to buy many things in the game, for example Cultural weapons, most peoples first exotic armor sets (temple armor), a variety of crafting materials, other miscellaneous armor sets and weapons and most importantly components towards crafting your legendary (Obsidian Shards) is definitely an in-game currency. As are skill points.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Because sometimes if I’m doing something then I don’t want to travel instantly so I’m leaving and I need to relog later to join again.

This is already an option. It’s called “Reenter queue” don’t just mindlessly click “leave queue” then expect to rejoin without leaving the zone & going back.

Someone said to me during Dragon Bash fireworks that if server is full then system is kicking you to other server.

This is called Overflow. When your server is full it pushes you into overflow which is where all servers come together and become one. You won’t ever get pushed onto someone else’s server unless you guest over there.

Gold vendors with ingredients, gathering tools are in Lions Arch, Laurels and fractal items are in one place too. Why not karma items?

Just like there are some items that are native to various regions IRL. I can’t just expect to get anything I want in my home city. So because I’d love several pounds of boiled crawfish but it’s really only available on the Gulf Coast, I should complain that I can’t get it here in the more northern states? Same deal, you want something a heart/karma vender offers, you travel to them.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

>Pop-ups are annoying as heeeell
I’m guessing this is re: PvP…..I went to PvP once and that announcer was SO KITTENING ANNOYING. I muted the game, finished the match since there were other people to consider. Then I left. How about a “mute announcer button” -_-

>There’s no search option in bought, sold items.
Would be nice I guess, but I’d much rather be able to filter results in the TP (light/med/heavy) armor and for the rarity to include the selected tier & above. Or as another suggested a I can equip checkbox.

>250 quantity is too low on Trading Post if you want to buy thousands of items.
This was the size of a stack in GW1 and they chose to carry this over rather than letting stacking items to become an infinite pile (or 999 or whatever)

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

I think the UI is poorly made. I mean really give me some customization beyond size. I want to at least be able to drag my abilities to certain slots for certain weapons, or drag, say, food on to a bar that is on my interface. Maybe I don’t like my chatbox, map or health orb where it is by default (and I don’t) ….

How could allowing us such customization be hard or bad in any way?

In like the TP, I like how it functions, but like others have said they need a “useable by me” option when searching through armor. Again, how hard could this be to add?

Still the UI is a big thing for me. I have heard many people say “they’ll get to to it” and, “you’ll be able to change it eventually,” but I bet they won’t ever get to it. We’ll be stuck with this same static, boring UI until the servers are shut down.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I think the interface is amazing, it’s clean and doesn’t include ridiculous clutter like you see in other games.

Logging into World of Warcraft without addons is virtually unplayable.

Posted by: Dangerkips.6035

Dangerkips.6035

Off the top of my head:

- Party members location indicator too small on the map

- Clunky chat/linking of waypoints in the correct channel

- Lack of a LFG tool

- Being unable to turn off event trackers

- Persistent issue of Trading Post font becoming illegible at ‘small’ UI setting

- Certain items unable to be stacked/split