Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Guild Wars 2 sure is a job, but only for some 300 people working hard on this game in
Seattle.

For everyone else, it’s a hobby. Give the team some cred for their hard work, and take the game a bit less serious.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I see wat you did there…..

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

hahaha nice provoking title got me fooled for a moment there.

And yeah is definitely a very good work on the job for those about 300 people that for sure, and it (well most of the time at least) only gotten better the longer it been out

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

They get instantly deleted? Sure, if they contain no constructive feedback whatsoever, positive or negative and is basically a big whinefest.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Dangerkips.6035

Dangerkips.6035

Point being blatant fanboyism isn’t constructive feedback either.

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

It’s funny how all the positive ‘feedback’ gets automatically upvoted, and all the other threads disagreeing get instantly deleted.

I see a lot of “disagreeing” topics on the first page so I don’t know what you are talking about.

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Upvoted for awesome.

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

It is indeed a job, and Anet is always diligently working to improve upon the foundation to make it better, as they did their best with GW1. I remember taking a year or two off from GW1, came back and even the UI changed a lot, it looked cleaner and more dynamic. Constant kudos for their effort.

Also…

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

marnick.4305

Point being blatant fanboyism isn’t constructive feedback either.

There was no fanboyism in my original post. I was merely stating an objective fact. Reality doesn’t disappear by calling the messenger a fanboy

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Guild Wars 2 sure is a job, but only for some 300 people working hard on this game in
Seattle.

For everyone else, it’s a hobby. Give the team some cred for their hard work, and take the game a bit less serious.

likaugfeiuawe kitten . I was all ready for an interesting comment to the thread, thanks for ruining my morning :P

And yes, after reading forums, twitter, I can definitely see between developing the game further and babysit… moderating forums, they have much work they were doing. ^^

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

Seattle.

At first I was like: =|
but then I was like: =)

Elyl Jrend

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Birdy.4816

Birdy.4816

One of the heaviest grinds in any modern mmo for aesthetics, and almost no social… yup sums this game up.

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

One of the heaviest grinds in any modern mmo for aesthetics, and almost no social… yup sums this game up.

You’ve never played any other MMO at all, have you? Even Legendary Weapons don’t even begin to compare to the grind for some mid-tier stuff (literally halfway to the level cap) in FFXI, for example. And as you noted, it’s for aesthetics – nobody loses a single scrap of power by deciding not to pursue Legendaries. There are a lot of very legitimate complaints to be made about this game, but the Legendary “grind” isn’t one of them.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

So if my job was to make toys, and i made defective toys, often with sharp nails in them or even toxic material, should I be forgiven because “hey” its my job.

I am not gonna argue wether arena net is doing theyr job well or not.. but they kitten well better except to be held to the same standards as people who work in a diffrent industry.

As for taking the game less seriously, you said it yourself, its a hobby, my hobby.. who are you to tell me to take it less seriously?

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

So if my job was to make toys, and i made defective toys, often with sharp nails in them or even toxic material, should I be forgiven because “hey” its my job.

I am not gonna argue wether arena net is doing theyr job well or not.. but they kitten well better except to be held to the same standards as people who work in a diffrent industry.

As for taking the game less seriously, you said it yourself, its a hobby, my hobby.. who are you to tell me to take it less seriously?

Yeee….That toymaker comparison doesn’t really work here… They actually created and maintain a game that entertains thousands of people and you compare them to a toymaker who makes health damaging and dangerous toys? Get your head out of your kittensandwich.

The OP is telling people like you to take it less seriously because GAMES are a HOBBY unless your an asian starcraft professional.

Guild Wars 2 is a job!

marnick.4305

Of course not. You should find yourself in court, get fined and probably serve jail time. What this has to do with GW2 is beyond me though.

True. Given how the MMO industry is one of the most disrespectful ones on the market, a.net is actually doing a pretty good job.

Take it more seriously for all I care but you shouldn’t see it as a job unless it is If grinding feels like a job, you’re doing something wrong.