Guild Wars 2 is amazing :) Stop complaining.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I know that much, but sometimes before they start typing their thoughts away, consider long and hard before doing so. I make my share of complaints in the past, but it’s never been the nasty or the cynical/sarcastic kind.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

My negativity is to balance out people like you who praise the game nonstop. By playing devil’s advocate I help people make a more informed decision.

You know what I agree both groups are needed. The Universe needs balance but sadly their is a group of people who argue because they would rather argue or “one up” people then try and make informed critiques. The NPE is a HUGE example of that. During the release of the NPE the amount of misinformation going around was truly mind blowing. None stop praise is bad but none stop and misinformed complaints is worse. Ive already said this one and ill repeat myself. Murder in the name of passion or love is still murder you will still go to jail so please lets calm down with the whole “I talk trash because I really love the game”. If you love the game you’d critique but you wouldn’t want to start a boycott or anything that would destroy the game. Murder is still murder even if your doing it out of “love”. And honestly the line of people who critique because they want to improve the game and the ones that want to destroy it because of some personal grudge is kinda blurry atm.

The misinformation during the NPE is actually a huge example of ANET’s inability to communicate with the player base.

Seriously, were we supposed to read their minds?

Just like the tp revamp that fell on our heads with no prior warning.

It’s not murder. It appears to be suicide.

TP I can’t disagree but the NPE all the info was in patch notes. Problem is people like to see a video > reading patch notes

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

My negativity is to balance out people like you who praise the game nonstop. By playing devil’s advocate I help people make a more informed decision.

You know what I agree both groups are needed. The Universe needs balance but sadly their is a group of people who argue because they would rather argue or “one up” people then try and make informed critiques. The NPE is a HUGE example of that. During the release of the NPE the amount of misinformation going around was truly mind blowing. None stop praise is bad but none stop and misinformed complaints is worse. Ive already said this one and ill repeat myself. Murder in the name of passion or love is still murder you will still go to jail so please lets calm down with the whole “I talk trash because I really love the game”. If you love the game you’d critique but you wouldn’t want to start a boycott or anything that would destroy the game. Murder is still murder even if your doing it out of “love”. And honestly the line of people who critique because they want to improve the game and the ones that want to destroy it because of some personal grudge is kinda blurry atm.

The misinformation during the NPE is actually a huge example of ANET’s inability to communicate with the player base.

Seriously, were we supposed to read their minds?

Just like the tp revamp that fell on our heads with no prior warning.

It’s not murder. It appears to be suicide.

TP I can’t disagree but the NPE all the info was in patch notes. Problem is people like to see a video > reading patch notes

Uh, no. A huge part of the problem was that a LOT of the information was just left out of the patch notes.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

As one of my favorite heroes used to say “The squeaky wheel gets the KICK!!”

I am all for constructive criticism but not everyone is able to gather all their ideas and clearly express what they feel is wrong and lack the knowledge to actually suggest a solution. All they are able to do is express their discontent with certain aspects of the game which is still better than not saying anything.

If you don’t complain about it, how will it get the attention needed to get fixed?

I love this game as well but many times I really wonder if the people running the show know what they are doing. Some of the decisions they have made over the past year are just _______(I’ll leave that blank cause I can’t find the appropriate word to describe a them that won’t insult the challenged people of this world and “kitten” isn’t specific enough.)

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

Been playing since Beta and still love this game. For a free game, Anet went way past what anyone expected them to do and still continue to do so. they continue to work with the community right here on these forums. I have said this before, the jumping puzzles, alone, were worth the one time fee for GW2.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

I love Guild War 2. Its far wayyyy better than any other mmo that have subscription fee (with better graphic! and gameplay) And now with 50% price offer!!!! wow thx anet !!!

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

What you might see as “complaining”, I see it as players pointing to problem areas of the game, and something the developers should pay attention to especially if there’s a lot of discussion surrounding it. If you don’t “complain” you won’t get the changes needed.

Sure, there’s a lot of negative posts out there, some from just outright angry people, and some from people who have tried the constructive way but have eventually been led down to the dark side of disappointment after being ignored for so long. Two years of mostly ignoring your customers will get you that.

I do appreciate seeing the CDI threads coming out, provides some organization to the complaints, now hopefully something useful comes out of them.

GW2 is indeed a great game, it has one of the best combat systems in mmos, it’s got one of the more unique game modes with wvw that only a couple games can compete with, and it’s got all the other typical mmo features in the game already.

What they need to do is get their priorities more in line with their customers and maintain/update those areas of the game. That includes things such as: new wvw maps, new spvp maps, new dungeons, new raids, new races, new classes, new weapons, new skills, gvg mode etc. Don’t expect the complaints to die down if we go another year without any meaningful additions to the list above.

I would rather hear the complaints from a player, because it’s obviously something that’s bothering their enjoyment, than just not saying anything and leaving the game altogether.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

For aesthetics yes. What isn’t so clever is when getting rewards, for personal story, which are , ‘not usable by your profession’. I thought ‘well, THAT isn’t much use is it??’ For new players anyway, which I’m glad I’m not.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Now your just being untruthful. This is clearly and obviously still a main aspect of the game.

No, it well and truly isn’t. Ascended gear is locked behind a crafting grind, time gating, or extremely small chance of RNG. Then of course we have the alt character or different spec problem. How many characters do you use? How many specs? Now get ascended for all of them and you’re looking at years. I use thief, necro, gaurdian, warrior, and mesmer . 2 Specs per character and you’re looking at 2 YEARS to gear them out in ascended trinkets/amulet. Even 1 character and 1 spec at 2.5 months is not something I would consider “easy to obtain”.

Clearly you are the one who " know nothing of the history here". They always intended for ascended to be in the game.

I do not contest that ArenaNet said ascended was intended for the game after they implemented it and had a huge negative outcry, they also said max stats would be easy to obtain and they don’t make grindy games. ArenaNet’s word is worthless. Lets look at it another way.; which is more likely the entire endgame being balanced around exotics and fitting the manifesto and ArenaNet panicking due to population decline so they try to slap verticle progression into the game then lying about it always being intended to save face even though it’s contrary to everything they ever said. OR that they actually always intended ascended gear that goes completely against the manifesto and didn’t fit the endgame at all and wasn’t anywhere near finished even though it’s just stats and a different color name.

They force you to get these items? I don’t think so. I have made 6 sets of ascended gear by simply showing up to the crafting station with the items I collect from my regular WvW play. I sold what I didn’t need to buy what I didn’t have, for each set, and never did any grinding in the least.

More stats mean an advantage in WvW, so yes you’re pushed into them if you care about WvW at all. Also you shoiuld NEVER use that argument in a MMORPG, progression is the name of the game and getting the next skill, stat point, or gear upgrade is what the game is about. You might as well say “do they force you to play the game” because it’s equally as ignorant. You must play a whole lot though, because I have 8 level 80’s have done TONS of WvW, champ farming, events, and world bosses and still don’t even have 1 set. I’m glad you enjoy crafting though, I hate being forced to craft. But hey! ArenaNet said there would be multiple ways to get Ascended gear in the future….back when ascended was first put in. See what I’m saying about things ArenaNet says?

Why? to see the same 30 people making the same complaints on different threads? Part of the problem here is that you disingenuously suggest you represent the entire community, when it is clear you do not have any actually knowledge of what the majority wants. They have stated the percentage of accounts created that have logged into the forums, and I am certain you do not even know what that number is.

I never suggest I speak for the entire playerbase. I merely state that those negative players have a valid reason for complaining. There is a long history here and many many more than 30 people have voiced their opinions that ArenaNet/gw2 isn’t/wasn’t heading in a good direction. I’m sure there are tons more playing than talk on the forums, I’m also sure there are lots more who quit and aren’t talking on the forums too. So if we really want to talk about unvoiced positivity or negativity then you cannot forget those who quit. I’d bet there are more who quit for negative reasons than there people still playing with positive opinions, but that’s only my opinion.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

You do not know what your talking about. PvP is support with balance changes, promotions, regular tournaments. WvW tournaments and long open discussion CDI’s on WvW changes to come. All kinds of things added to PvE.

I know exactly what I’m talking about. The balance changes are terrible and almost everyone knows it. The 6 months+ that it takes them to do a balance patch makes them look like a joke. ArenaNet might sink money into tournaments, but not into actually developing SPvP into a fun/competitive part of the game, that’s why it failed and continues to fail . New maps, new game modes, monthly balance patches would be supported, currently that is not the case.The WvW tournaments aren’t development. CDI’s that never produce anything are also not development. It took them a year to get different colored commander tags into the game and they even got that wrong until huge outcry made them fix it. A 1 day project took them 1 year(iirc), that’s called undersupported. All the things added to PvE? Living story sure, but can you honestly say in 2 years since launch that Dungeons have been supported well? I mean they dissolved the dungeon team, if that doesn’t get the point a crossed then nothing will.

As I see it, dishonest posters who state their opinions as if it was fact and claim to speak for others then themselves, are what male the community toxic.

So you’re trying to excuse the devs ignoring the community? This says a lot about you, you’re also the one being dishonest by trying to infer things that simply aren’t true.

Sure, new players are entitled to share their unhappy opinions with new players. They problem is, most of those posters are dishonest to an extent, presume to suggest they speak for the community, and illogically chose to grind for items they do not need or require, then disingenuously claim they were forced to grind for it.

You keep saying these posters are dishonest, what I think you mean is their opinion is different from yours. You also seem to want to make it look like they think they speak for all players, which is again wrong. Again we are playing a MMORPG where progression is, well, the game. Saying that it’s illogical for someone to aim for the best items in the game, need or not, is like saying it’s illogical for people to want anything besides the absolute bare minimum to survive. As much as you seem to loath the dishonesty in posts, yours is absolutely chocked full of it.

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

I’d say that is a shame to hear someone is saying pretty similar to ‘shut up people, goverment just doin’ fine, back to your jobs’ in a debate; but then i saw even the moderators (who ought to be the protectors of free speech) don’t say a thing to that disrespectful post. Have a nice game gw2 community…

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

yes, it is amazing -leaves the forums to play gw2 again-

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’d say that is a shame to hear someone is saying pretty similar to ‘shut up people, goverment just doin’ fine, back to your jobs’ in a debate; but then i saw even the moderators (who ought to be the protectors of free speech) don’t say a thing to that disrespectful post. Have a nice game gw2 community…

Let’s forget, for just a moment, that “free speech” is not a right protected on the internet. Let’s also forget that “free speech” does not mean that you have the right to say anything you want, anywhere you want, at any time you want.

You’re arguing for free speech, and you think the moderators should protect free speech by… getting rid of a disrespectful post? The mind boggles.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

3k hours+ for $60+ gem purchases . Money well spent.

But.
I am now all burned out from dungeon farming and fotm and wvw , and spvp and everything…..

I did it all when I played. Now I just log in to do a 10 minute renowned heart on one of my 12 lvl 80s. I don’t even care for laurels anymore or even a full set of ascended gear.

I am really just looking forward to living story and I hope it doesn’t become a disappointment. It shouldn’t because living story keeps on improving.

The game has been way too centered around the gem shop for your player to look good. This might make money in short term but Anet shouldn’t have to be doing this if they are making sales of their game and put out good content.

If you make good content that unlocks cool skins then the gem store should only be for bank expansions, stack expansions, character slot expansions, character animations, toys like the flute or lute.

A lot more players would stick to this game if it had more lore added and actual content instead of new gemstore items.

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

Let’s forget, for just a moment, that “free speech” is not a right protected on the internet. Let’s also forget that “free speech” does not mean that you have the right to say anything you want, anywhere you want, at any time you want.

You’re arguing for free speech, and you think the moderators should protect free speech by… getting rid of a disrespectful post? The mind boggles.

Heh, nice try for an ad hominem mate. I’m here to not to debate their freedom of speech, i’m here to defend my freedom of speech, he’s the attacker, not me; don’t get confused.
Also, i didn’t say “I wanna curse with my full mouth to them”, this is a red herring fallacy, don’t assume that i say those things. I only said “This is a disrespectful post to critiques so moderators have to defend those people to maintain free speech ground again.”.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Heh, nice try for an ad hominem mate. I’m here to not to debate their freedom of speech, i’m here to defend my freedom of speech, he’s the attacker, not me; don’t get confused.
Also, i didn’t say “I wanna curse with my full mouth to them”, this is a red herring fallacy, don’t assume that i say those things. I only said “This is a disrespectful post to critiques so moderators have to defend those people to maintain free speech ground again.”.

Except that moderators don’t defend free speech, that’s not their job. Keeping the posts civil and on track is. Freedom of speech is how the government handles speech, not a private company on a forum.

Gaile Gray
ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead
Your “right to free speech” ensures that the United States government will not attempt to silence you. The “right to free speech” is not assured outside of the First Amendment restricting governmental interference; it is not a factor on a private game server. Information for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
Snip

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Lorrainder.6053

Lorrainder.6053

SUperb work on last patch! Thanks for the updates you do! And all this for free.
I’m playing your game now for 1year+ and yes i had some issues but overal theres no other mmo out there that can give you so much content for this amount of money!

Im advertising it always to my friends and communities. Especially when its on discount like now!’

And yea… there will be always unhappy people. Thats hows the world made. Evryone makes mistakes its important to fix them and not repeat.

Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Patrick.7306

Patrick.7306

The base game is great, but as they say you get what you pay for. Endless costumes add nothing for me. Its like a dress up contest. I keep coming back in the hope something will make it interesting but …..