Guild Wars 2 is not the answer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheProphetOmega.3596

TheProphetOmega.3596

To the emptiness in our modern lives, no videogame is, no form of entertainment will ever compete to fulfill the void we have allowed to be formed deep in our souls (if some still have them)

What do we expect from videogames, and in particular MMORPG´s?
When some speak about lack of end game, or lack of motivation, and even the loss of engaging activities in order for them to continue playing, It seems to me like some have unrealistic expectations about the game, entertainment or life in general, some look for a way to abstract themselves from lives that have not turned out to be the way we have been led to believe, or to find viable alternatives to the eternal boredom our modern world provokes.

Some are so desperate or in such a hurry that no quantity of content will ever suffice to them, eating up stuff to do in ways that not even the devs could ever foresee, as some have wisely said, its the journey not the destination what has the most meaning!
This is not a matter of trying to justify anyone, but to constantly whine about lack of motivation to play or needing more and more and more content or they´ll stop playing this game, sounds even like desperation.

No videogame, not even this rough jewel called GW2 will ever provide what some are looking for, because not this or any other videogame can ever provide our elusive final goal as rational sensible beings : sense and meaning to our lives.

So I tell you, the bored and desperate, the ones that feel let down or simply fed up with the current state of the game, Guild Wars 2 will never ever make you happy, because the things you are looking for, cannot be found in here, but somewhere else, where you are afraid to look.

Now some feel lost and overwhelmed by this game because it has such a freeform approach up to a certain point about experiencing the content, it gives the freedom to do whatever one wishes, pvp, exploration, grind, some feel put off by the experience because some are more accustomed and trained by other entries in this genre to be led almost by the hand as if on rails to certain lines of content, for example the lineal structure of leveling in other MMOs, or the way most console games feel like one is on a ride cart strapped on without any clear choice about the presentation of said content.

Its ok to express our opinions, many points of view are valid and any and all criticism can only provide valuable feedback to make our in game experience more rewarding, all of us that play this game want to be engaged in alternative entertaining experiences, most of us want to blow off some steam accumulated from our daily lives, some just enjoy the experiences and are attracted to the feeling of freedom this gives, but what I feel its not ok is holding this or any form of entertainment as responsible for their mental well being, or as a foundation for their lives.

Guild wars 2 has great things going for it, and the potential of being even better, but will it ever hold all the answers or fill everyone’s needs I doubt it.

So to all of my desperate friends, take a break, move on, and come back later , maybe, its not the game that has changed but your expectations about it, and you can have some fun and this can fill that need for distraction, even for a little while, until boredom again kicks in, or something else comes out.

I am enjoying this game greatly, I’m taking it slow and easy, gear grind is not my end goal, I could not care much about “end game”, as is the experience itself what I look for in this game, I have set long term goals, like 100% map completion, leveling several alts, doing all dungeons, mastering all crafts, but I’m in no hurry, and I’m having a blast!

So lets keep it cordial, lets keep it civil, and lets try to express our frustrations better by enriching our experiences, this is about having fun, not flinging poo at the wall, its ok to move on, its even better to stay and have fun, if we stop having fun, its time to move on.

Guild Wars 2 I am really enjoying what you bring to my table, this is a love letter to you.

cheers!

I am the wonder, I am the storm.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i only have 1 question…

why is the wonder the storm?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Congratulations….you win my ‘WTF’ moment for today…..(and its only just after Noon at that!)

On the other hand, I’m glad you like the game, but kitten … was that whole spiel really necessary?

Whiners will whine, ‘fanbois’ (oh how i hate labels) will crow, etc, etc. Short of, well…gagging everyone (in a manner of speaking) there isn’t anything you can do about it (as much as you may like to).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It started off as a serman, and ended like a statement…When I began reading it, I felt like I was in church.

But Amen brotha. I know the feeling. Even though I went into the game with aspirations of exploration, leveling alts, and eventually slowly grinding for a legendary…additions to the game somehow augmented my mindset. Now it is about gear. About efficiency. Just today, i was thinking: I have 5 characters at 80, 3 I play the most, 1 has a full gearset of magic find. Why would I play any other character? I want the highest drop rate. I KNOW that it is beneath one’s self to think that way, but its juts the way the human mind, my mind, works. I see that carrot and I go for it in the most time efficient way possible.

I am trying to work on this. I would love nothing than to just forget about grinding for mats or the rare chance of a precursor, and just..go swimming out to that island, see if theres a cave I havent been to yet. Maybe a DE I havent experienced yet. Maybe one of those portals to a mini dungeon. Or a chest at the end of the rainbow?

Yes, we are all conditioned for progression in some fashion. It is VERY hard to just sit back and enjoy the game(sights, sounds, quirky conversations between NPCs). We can thank WoW, its predecessors and successors for conditioning us like this.

Forever broken, I suppose.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

TheProphetOmega.3596

Its easy my friend, Its from a song by Royksopp called “What else is there” maybe it means that cavemen where in fear and awe by the awesome destructive powers of storms, and some wise kitten crackers found it funny or uplifting to be associated by that play of meanings, so I took some poetic license and add it to my sig, cause the monsters in this game feel I am a storm whenever I wield my mighty hammer, I also asked one skritt what did he feel about my farts, and the skritt told me it was like the rumbling of a storm!

cesmode.4257

Its easy my friend, Its from a song by Royksopp called “What else is there” maybe it means that cavemen where in fear and awe by the awesome destructive powers of storms, and some wise kitten crackers found it funny or uplifting to be associated by that play of meanings, so I took some poetic license and add it to my sig, cause the monsters in this game feel I am a storm whenever I wield my mighty hammer, I also asked one skritt what did he feel about my farts, and the skritt told me it was like the rumbling of a storm!

Now you’re speaking in riddles?

Speak common.

TheProphetOmega.3596

Forever broken, I suppose.

I dont think so, I just feel that our content consuming ways are making us forget what some thing were meant to be, we approach every thing the same way, we reiterate the same structures over and over again, and feel uncomfortable when some things dont adjust to certain expectations we might have, we like to make everything a grind, and grinds start to drag, drags begin to wear us down.

I have never been to church BTW, any church, dunno if school counts !

I was just trying to express some feelings on the matter, in no way trying to diss or uphold one view in particular, just some concerns regarding the nature of our entertainment consuming habits.

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs!
glad to bring a bit of Mindkitten so “early” lolz!

cesmode.4257

Its not early. 12:48PM on the east coast of the wonderful country of the U S of A.
I just had soup and salad, with cheetos(crunchy) for lunch.

Returning to topic: I suppose, however, even taking in the sights and enjoying certain aspects gets stale after a while. You feel that innate need to progress in some way. I wish, in this game, the progression was cosmetic rather than statistic. But I digress.

As stated, I have 5 chars max level. Thief, necro, warrior, mesmer, guardian

I geared 3 in full exotics/ascended. Thief, necro, warrior

I designated the Thief as my main to tackle high end fractals and any new content that comes about.

I designated the necromancer as my “farmer” as he has a full set of magic find. I use him to grind out mats.

I designated the warrior as my dungeon runner, however…shouldnt I sub in my necro here? He does have a high MF. It would make sense. Two birds with one stone…enjoy the dungeon and get as much mats as possible. <— Thats the mentality I need to break.

cesmode.4257

But maybe Im missing the point of this thread. I play games to break from reality. Wife, kid, home, maintanance of said home, career…run of the mill.

Im happy with things. Its how I wanted them, and I did them in specific order.

But when talking about enjoyment vs the need to fill some progression void, see my comments above.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

False.

Anything that is easy is not worth doing.
Anything that is difficult is worth doing.

There is nothing difficult enough to be worth doing in GW2. Even if there was difficult content; the reward isn’t enough to keep these players playing.

It’s completely normal to be bored with easy content. Eventually your brain shuts off and you’re on autopilot.

Posted by: Paco.2675

Paco.2675

Thou hast brought thy shame upon thy virtuous of virtues! Be gone ye vile beast of an evil incarnation. Why hast Thou brought such news of the grave upon thy forums? The queen shall sunder thy foot and break ye back at the wall of absolute terror and evil of sentences. Be gone I say! Begone….

I enjoy this game too. Time for a beer.

[CYN] Drunkinmunky
Tarnished Coast

cesmode.4257

Thou hast brought thy shame upon thy virtuous of virtues! Be gone ye vile beast of an evil incarnation. Why hast Thou brought such news of the grave upon thy forums? The queen shall sunder thy foot and break ye back at the wall of absolute terror and evil of sentences. Be gone I say! Begone….

I enjoy this game too. Time for a beer.

I want to stomp on your fingers for typing that.

BTW, grab me a cold one too…

cesmode.4257

But video games cause violence…

kidding.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

• Some MMO gamers expect “their” game to fill every spare moment? Yeah.
  • Some MMO gamers have a desire for instant gratification? Yeah.
  • Some MMO gamers have expectations based in entitlement? Yeah.

These issues have been around long before there were any MMO’s, and long before there was an internet. However, there’s more people alive now, and before the internet, observers didn’t see them as often.

That said … amateur psychologists have been around longer than the internet also.

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

False.

There is nothing difficult enough to be worth doing in GW2. Even if there was difficult content; the reward isn’t enough to keep these players playing.

It’s completely normal to be bored with easy content. Eventually your brain shuts off and you’re on autopilot.

You can’t say that, because everyone is different. Some people play this game on shoddy notebooks barely paying attention and gets killed constantly in random events. I’ve played for over 400 hours and I still get steamrolled on Arah paths. But like many others it’s not like I put an effort into watching strategy guides or doing any other build other than I feel like. I think many people play the game in a way that makes the end game difficult enough when they are just doing solo pugs or guild pugs.

I see what you are saying, that gratification is great, but I find a lot of challenge in this game, both in PvE, Dungeons, WvW and sPvP (Which I am not that good at). So to me it’s a good challenge. I’ve given up on a Legendary, and I am okay with that too.

Sad Swordfish.9743

• Some MMO gamers expect “their” game to fill every spare moment? Yeah.
  • Some MMO gamers have a desire for instant gratification? Yeah.
  • Some MMO gamers have expectations based in entitlement? Yeah.

These issues have been around long before there were any MMO’s, and long before there was an internet. However, there’s more people alive now, and before the internet, observers didn’t see them as often.

That said … amateur psychologists have been around longer than the internet also.

Even psychologists go to psychologists when they get sad or confused. I wouldn’t hold it against people to try and make their own sense of their virtual reality;)

I agree with you too. People are def different, but can we also agree on that the vocal community in any situation tend to be the negative one?

Take the Xbox One announcement. Of the many millions of people who have seen this presentation and the facts and the video and screenshots, it would seem like everyone hates it. Youtube, gaming forums, gaming website comment sections, twitter are full of people who are upset/disappointed, and the positive comments tend to get drowned completely.

We’ve all heard the saying that it takes 10 positive reviews to undo one bad one. And if that is true, a few lousy sad depressed bitter people can mess up your perception of what is the diplomatic reality of the situation.
Is it not possible that just as people people are looking forward to the new Xbox, who just remained silent? People tend to speak up when they have a problem, not when everything is okay.

Either way, Louis CKs infamous line about people whining about their smartphones is so gold. It’s as good as it is. Why would you expect any better? It’s like peoples own fantasy realities get the better of them.

I can imagine that the sun will shine tomorrow but if it rains, I will get angry and write long angry posts to the weather forecast apps about how wrong and incompetent everyone is. I don’t have any control over it. And I don’t deserve special treatment just because I have a unique vision of sunny days in my head.

cesmode.4257

@swordfish: Regarding the weather, if you got that information on the internet, it has to be true. They can’t put anything that isnt true on the internet.

:)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Difficulty should not be the stick by which you measure worth, as this is a game. FUN should be.

As such, easy things can be fun, and hard things may not be, thus making the easy things ‘worth’ doing and the hard things ‘not’ worth doing. It’s all personal perception.

If your statements were ‘always true’ no parent would ever play with their child. No person would ever buy games like Epic Mickey or Skylanders, which are easy (rather cheesy) and yet …wait for it…. still enjoyable.

Just doing something for the sake of difficulty is boring, and uninspiring.

@swordfish: Regarding the weather, if you got that information on the internet, it has to be true. They can’t put anything that isnt true on the internet.

lol and are you a French model too? ~.^

TheProphetOmega.3596

@Sad Swordfish.9743 U got it! 10/10 for you! glad to see comments like that!
I agree with you, this is one AMAZING game, with so much detail and potential possibilities that a few years back I wouldn’t have thought possible!
Unfortunately some folks just want more of the same!
so devs stop taking chances and steer away from the uncharted waters!

@cesmode.4257 U are right things get stale after a while, dont get me wrong I like to make “progress” as well, I specially enjoy bashing stuff with my pimped hammer and flawless skillset specially in WvsW, I played Diablo 3 consistently and even “played” the AH there until I got bogged down by the sheer madness of doing the same stuff over and over again for minuscule gains, GW2 makes tiny cracks in the progression mold, so I decided to take a different approach into this whole ordeal and as a result I enjoy this game so much more, again sometimes I try to race through stuff and have to remind myself to take it easy, I dont want to burn myself yet!

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 that’s the whole idea!
Sure I chose to liven stuff a little by changing the wording format of the Op, just to shake stuff a bit, but also to reach out to those that care! thanks for your input!

(edited by TheProphetOmega.3596)

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Dear Abby…. o.O oh wait….

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Difficulty should not be the stick by which you measure worth, as this is a game. FUN should be.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

TheProphetOmega.3596

How unromantic some folks are!
If everyone chose only vanilla ice cream then what a sad place this would be, some like to find cherries, almonds and ribbons of chocolate in our ice cream as well!
(notice how I didnt mention nuts)

Its just a love letter to GW2, one does not just say “I like yo bewbs” and expect fireworks that easy!

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

I think in order to join the forums everyone should have to read your post. When did we stop having fun in games, and just started criticizing everything minor detail?

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

As such, easy things can be fun, and hard things may not be, thus making the easy things ‘worth’ doing and the hard things ‘not’ worth doing. It’s all personal perception.

If your statements were ‘always true’ no parent would ever play with their child. No person would ever buy games like Epic Mickey or Skylanders, which are easy (rather cheesy) and yet …wait for it…. still enjoyable.

I have a 5 year old nephew who got bored of Skylanders in less than a month.

I’ve installed an SNES emulator and downloaded the hardest SNES games I could find. Today I play with him from time to time and we solve puzzles together. Hard puzzles. Puzzles that even I have a hard time with. He thinks the games are too hard but I’m teaching him the value of hard work and effort. “Keep trying and you’ll eventually find the solution” I tell him.

I’ve already made the mistake of buying him easy games. I can already see behavioral trends steering him towards instant gratification. I’m working on reversing that.

He’s too young to fully understand the benefits of what I’m teaching him; one day when he gets older he will.

(edited by Calae.1738)

Sad Swordfish.9743

The Louis CK clip. Here he talks about cellphones but I think it’s comparable to games; http://gizmodo.com/5658560/louis-ck-the-kittentiest-cell-phone-in-the-world-is-a-miracle

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This is a good thread. One question though…

souls (if some still have them)

What sort of blasphemous concept is this? There are no souls in the world of gaming unless you play Dante’s Inferno. >.<

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve installed an SNES emulator and downloaded the hardest SNES games I could find. Today I play with him from time to time and we solve puzzles together. Hard puzzles. Puzzles that even I have a hard time with. He thinks the games are too hard but I’m teaching him the value of hard work and effort. “Keep trying and you’ll eventually find the solution” I tell him.

I’ve already made the mistake of buying him easy games. I can already see behavioral trends steering him towards instant gratification. I’m working on reversing that.

He’s too young to fully understand the benefits of what I’m teaching him; one day when he gets older he will.

And I have a 12 yr old that loves Skylanders and Skylanders Giants. And he loves math a science, things that make him think and put forth an effort to solve, too. You can find enjoyment in both. Its about finding the balance, not about pushing 1 over the other.

TheProphetOmega.3596

@Mujen.5287 I think the problem was the declining of quality over quantity, we as consumers opted the wrappers for the candies inside.
Developers saw this and they opted for the easy way out, once in a while something “different” comes and it takes a while for us to realize for what it really is, a jewel in the rough!

@Calae.1738 thats an awesome way to see it, games are also tools, games are also educational tools, games can also be art and so much more!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I found the OPs statement to be very profound. Sad only deaf ears have responded for the most part.

I’ll go a step further.

Get out of your chair and experience the real world. if it is too much for you, don’t look to have the void filled by a game.

If you feel it is a spiritual thing you require. I will chat with you in private messages

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

(edited by Krosslite.1950)

Posted by: Gamina.4217

Gamina.4217

Thank you OP for posting what you did. I like when people look at more than what is inside the (game)box to find the answers, and love what is and not only what could be.

(edited by Gamina.4217)

TheProphetOmega.3596

@Sad Swordfish.9743 thanks for the video link, very insightful, we tend to make things invisible because they are always there!

Thank you all for your comments!
In game terms, its the experience not the gear!

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

You seem to be associating the value of ‘difficulty’ with the satisfaction you gather from overcoming something difficult. There’s nothing wrong with that – and attempting to teach your nephew not to rely purely on instant gratification is something I admire – but as others have said, there’s little need to demonise ‘easy’ challenges when enjoyed as part of a wider spectrum of entertainment. I consider that understanding and appreciating simplicity and enjoying it in moderation with material that challenges you is an important way to enjoy life, but it’s when an individual relies too much on one side that they tend to lose the ability to appreciate the other. That just leads to a limited view, in my opinion – a fixation on the familiar stimuli and impulses that make us feel comfortable. In that way, a ‘challenging’ stimulus could potentially include attempts to enjoy something that you would normally consider to be of lesser value (perhaps even detrimental, within reason).

Not that everyone can or should do this, mind – it’s just how I go about things myself.

@TheProphetOmega: Good thread :]

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

False.

It’s easy to watch a sunset. It’s always worth doing. Thus, your entire premise is disproved.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Of course it’s not the answer. Everyone knows that the answer is 42.

The real kicker, though, is to find out what the question is… but then again some people say that if the question and the answer is known at the same time the universe will be destroyed and replaced by a much more illogical one… which might have already happened..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Good thread OP. I’ve only played DC Universe other than this mmo but I’ve been to all of the forums to get a feel of how other mmo’s communities are. Every forum I have been to, there are threads complaining about that particular mmo.

People are going to complain NO MATTER WHAT. There are gamers who will never be satisfied with any amount of content that is put out there.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Of course it’s not the answer. Everyone knows that the answer is 42.

The real kicker, though, is to find out what the question is… but then again some people say that if the question and the answer is known at the same time the universe will be destroyed and replaced by a much more illogical one… which might have already happened..

lvl up, you gain +1 internet

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Both statements are blatantly false. There are a lot of easy things that are worth doing and/or need doing. There are a lot of things that are difficult, and yet completely without any value. Those two things are often completely disconnected from each other.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It feels like the OP is talking about someone that’s not me and that makes me happy. My life has meaning, and videogames are merely a past time. A hobby. I don’t want nor need traditional grinding endgame. There’s no eternal loneliness or failure I’m trying to cover up with being a boss raid leader or having gearscore. No compensation of any kind.

OP, I hope there’s more like you and me in this game, people who are happy and sane, and want to stay that way while playing games.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

It feels like the OP is talking about someone that’s not me and that makes me happy. My life has meaning, and videogames are merely a past time. A hobby. I don’t want nor need traditional grinding endgame. There’s no eternal loneliness or failure I’m trying to cover up with being a boss raid leader or having gearscore. No compensation of any kind.

OP, I hope there’s more like you and me in this game, people who are happy and sane, and want to stay that way while playing games.

Yes because people who finish content faster than others have no meaning in their lives. Having something to do for those of us who need it is not a cover up for failure, either.

I guess I’m insane and have no meaning in my life if it means I actually have goals and pursue them at any point in time.

No wonder we are screwed, there are way too many different people trying to mold this game right now.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Krosslite.1950

You can include me as well

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Krosslite.1950

Yes because people who finish content faster than others have no meaning in their lives. Having something to do for those of us who need it is not a cover up for failure, either.

I guess I’m insane and have no meaning in my life if it means I actually have goals and pursue them at any point in time.

No wonder we are screwed, there are way too many different people trying to mold this game right now.

MMOs were never meant to be goal oriented. sure there have been mobs and bigger mobs to fight. it was not until around the time of WoW that “goals” were shoved upon them. MMOs were originally about relaxing and chat. the journey. it was console gamers that demad goals. This game has goals, but they aren’t shoved at us for the most part. gaols are not needed for relaxation, which is the orginal focus of MMOs.
You come to the game to escape not to have chores to do, which is what goals are

Aeonblade.8709

MMOs were never meant to be goal oriented. sure there have been mobs and bigger mobs to fight. it was not until around the time of WoW that “goals” were shoved upon them. MMOs were originally about relaxing and chat. the journey. it was console gamers that demad goals. This game has goals, but they aren’t shoved at us for the most part. gaols are not needed for relaxation, which is the orginal focus of MMOs.
You come to the game to escape not to have chores to do, which is what goals are

Um. I started playing EQ1 in September, 1999 and it was most certainly goal oriented from day 1 haha. In fact I can’t think of a single MMO I have personally played that is not goal oriented. I think you are thinking more of like Myst (man I miss these puzzle games, do they still make them?) or something rather than MMOs, no offense

Posted by: Nomar Ramon.3107

Nomar Ramon.3107

Ultimately, a game is still, just a game.
Nothing more nothing less.
Unless its not.
In which case,
If its not a game,
Then it isn’t.
This brings us
To only one conclusion.

%^#}%@@$

Aeonblade.8709

Nothing more nothing less.
Unless its not.
In which case,
If its not a game,
Then it isn’t.
This brings us
To only one conclusion.

%^#}%@@$

I like it.

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I’m so linking this thread to every single person that complains that the game does not have enough content.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Krosslite.1950

Um. I started playing EQ1 in September, 1999 and it was most certainly goal oriented from day 1 haha. In fact I can’t think of a single MMO I have personally played that is not goal oriented. I think you are thinking more of like Myst (man I miss these puzzle games, do they still make them?) or something rather than MMOs, no offense

I did beta for EQ. As I stated yes their were mobs and bigger mobs. but they were never required. people did that. WoW was the first where it was required.
And I was speaking generally when I said MMO. most have no idea of the term MUD which is where I started 1993, which were social more then action center. thus relaxing

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

I found the OPs statement to be very profound. Sad only deaf ears have responded for the most part.

I’ll go a step further.

Get out of your chair and experience the real world. if it is too much for you, don’t look to have the void filled by a game.

If you feel it is a spiritual thing you require. I will chat with you in private messages

I’m so tempted to go and edit Wikipedias definition of the word “irony” to accomodate your post.

Irony: People on the internet telling people on the internet to go outside.

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Singularity….

TheProphetOmega.3596

@Aeonblade.8709 I dont think we are screwed, I believe this game is at a crossroads, either it caters to one demographic or it chooses to take the proverbial “leap of faith” and advances the genre forward or settles in with whats easily accepted.

I have also been in several gaming forums, but the feedback in here is much more meaningful than in other places, that speaks a lot about the players that choose this as their pastime, we can find all sorts of people and interests , if we could manage to keep it civil, we could as a community achieve so much more, maybe even helping the devs find that elusive middle line that could, if not make us all happy, at least help steer this awesome time waster into more adventurous waters!

after all as has been said before a game is just a game unless its not a game, and no the answer is 1313! or 5 because of the rule of fives…

Krosslite.1950

I’ll go a step further.

I’m so tempted to go and edit Wikipedias definition of the word “irony” to accomodate your post.

Irony: People on the internet telling people on the internet to go outside.

hehe that is funny… only get on forums at work. play the game weeknight. weekends some times.. then I am usually outside

I also +1 your comment

(edited by Krosslite.1950)