Guild Wars 2 still number 1

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Guild Wars 2 is still my number 1 mmo as of right now. I simply haven’t run into anything that interest me like this game.

A friend of mine has been telling me that I need to try out Tera online and how it’s so much better than Guild Wars 2 so I caved in and gave it a shot…..I lasted about half a day.

Now I’m not putting Tera online down by any means. The combat system is very impressive and the graphics are good. However, this is also true in Guild Wars 2.

I guess because I’m used to certain features in an mmo like BEING ABLE TO SWITCH WEAPONS and USING DIFFERENT TYPES OF WEAPONS, when I found out this couldn’t be done and you are subjected to only 1 weapon while playing Tera, needless to say, I uninstalled the game.

Also, Guild Wars 2 is the only mmo I’ve run across where you buy to play instead of free to play, which we all know, isn’t really free to play.

I think when playing mmo’s, once you’ve found one you really like and have eased into, its best to stay with that brand and for me, when it comes to mmo’s, Guild Wars 2 is the franchise I will stick with as long as I’m allowed to play it.

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Same here …. :l guild wars 2 is the best out there currently. I try to get rid of it but i end up going back to it in the end.

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

yes gw2 was the best mmorpg once upon a time.

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Today and for the foreseeable future?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I really like the PvE. Not gonna lie, it’s probably the best, but it gets old fast and eventually everyone succumbs to jormag farming.

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

LMAO dude i went through the same exact thing. I lasted like a week plus some in TERA. It’s just like you said great combat and graphics but everything else is a bit shallow imo.

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

LMAO dude i went through the same exact thing. I lasted like a week plus some in TERA. It’s just like you said great combat and graphics but everything else is a bit shallow imo.

I can’t believe their warrior’s wear light armor. What’s up with that ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I really like the PvE. Not gonna lie, it’s probably the best, but it gets old fast and eventually everyone succumbs to jormag farming.

I never get bored with pve playing Guardian or Warrior.

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

What is the best in your opinion ? I bet it isn’t buy to play whatever it is lol.

Thanks for the reply.

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Same here …. :l guild wars 2 is the best out there currently. I try to get rid of it but i end up going back to it in the end.

Same here. Tera was my last try on comparing anything.

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Ikr XD i played a slayer and sorc. Slayer was the fave and i just couldn’t love the sorcerer as much as I love my ele.

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Ikr XD i played a slayer and sorc. Slayer was the fave and i just couldn’t love the sorcerer as much as I love my ele.

Oh yeah, there’s no comparison.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, Guild Wars 2 is the game for me. If I wasn’t playing this, I’d most likely be playing TSW, but that game has a number of serious issues for me. Still, I like it better than most other MMOs. I did enjoy Lotro for a while, but it was too grindy and I felt Turbine was too greedy. In the end, I walked away from it.

The other game that interested me was Eve online, but you really do have to make that game your life to get anywhere in it.

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

2500+ hours would get you very far in Eve.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

LOL@TERA i hate their combat system, its soooooo slow omg. i love the gw2 combat system, much much better.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I’m not playing anywhere near as frequently as I used to, but trying other MMOs has been a complete wash. Even though GW2 has lost much of it’s shine for me, it still makes others look archaic and dreary.

I think I’m just going to shelve MMOs altogether once I stop playing. I just can’t go back to those old, tired mechanics that other games cling to, ever again. Just going to have to raid the old Steam library again.

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

We’re number one! We’re number one!

What are we doing?

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

guild wars 1 the only connection whit this game is that anet made it. after that…nothing!

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: thartalion.2756

thartalion.2756

Still #1 for me.

Got a little bit bored last week for the first time since launch. Re-activated my WoW account just to close it 30 minutes later (what the hell did they do with the talent trees!? A 5 y/o could play the game now…).

Then i downloaded Rift Lite for the free 20 levels. I really liked the character creation, but when the game started i just couldn’t stand the choppy animations and sloooow combats. I did make it up to lv 7 though lol… But i wouldn’t pay for that game.

I guess Anet did a pretty good job

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

GW2 is pretty much the MMO for me. I dedicated 4 months to aion, and 4 month to Rift. Haven’t got bored yet with GW2, though with the nerfs to Cursed Shore I’m getting a bit worried.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Those Elin are so sexy though oh my god…

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, I played Tera for a while before GW2 released and I will admit that it is easily some of the best combat in an MMO, especially if you like to tank or heal. The graphics are also very shiny.

However, everything else is pretty much utter crap.

Worst of all is that the game is a huge grindfest where the person with the rarest armor wins the fight. This is particularly sad because the game’s combat mechanics are such that if the stat differences between gear/level weren’t so absurd, then it skill would be the prevailing factor in victory/defeat.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

guild wars 1 the only connection whit this game is that anet made it. after that…nothing!

Wow…

Everyday in GW2 I am seeing lore from GW1 and places that are the ruins of or in similar design to GW1 spots.

I’ve even met a dwarf and talked about how things have changed.

Anytime I’m on my charr or human, I can see and feel the connection.

For me the links are everywhere.

As for gw2 vs other mmos…
I still have a wow sub, but it doesn’t pull on me. GW2 has stronger lore and better gameplay. The same echos for the other mmos I’ve tried.

Even Champions. I’ve been a Champions table top player since 1982… but the MMO just did’t connect for me. The lore vibe just didn’t resonate.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Those Elin are so sexy though oh my god…

They look like 5 year old catgirls.
Whatever rocks your boat I guess.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: IronPlushy.4256

IronPlushy.4256

I came over from Ragnarok which I played for years and couldn’t seem to quit, but now I really don’t believe I could pick up an archaic mmo and enjoy it. Dynamic combat is so revolutionary, the only game that came close was Dragonsaga where you actually dodge, jump, knockdown etc.
Seriously, it’s like going from pong to super mario bros

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Ultima online is the real top 1 mmorpgs the rpg here lacks of all points, anyway Archage is coming.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Ultima online is the real top 1 mmorpgs the rpg here lacks of all points, anyway Archage is coming.

If they aren’t Buy to Play why bother when gw2 is with amazing quality.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

GW2 is great. I just have a lot of issues with the combat. The only other MMO i like besides this one is WoW. They are both competing for my interest.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

LOL@TERA i hate their combat system, its soooooo slow omg. i love the gw2 combat system, much much better.

You should try Rift’s combat.. it’s way worse and slower. I almost fell asleep playing it. lol.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You should try Rift’s combat.. it’s way worse and slower. I almost fell asleep playing it. lol.

I would have to say all non action combat are bad at this point the tech has moved on and most games need to do so too.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

GW2 changed my expectations for a mmorpg. Active combat, multiple weapons, active content and events, PvE-PvP and WvW. Even after 4 lvl 80s I still find that I love it.

I still go back to SWTOR and LoTRo regularly because I love the lore and the worlds. But, the static gameplay gets to me.

And I still claim I will go back to TSW someday, but it gets less and less likely.

GW2 is here to stay.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

As others have said..

Guildwars 2 is a mile wide, but only an inch deep..

A real shame the game started so well, but went downhill from there..I actually enjoy Tera as much as Guildwars2 but for different aspects. To me the combat takes more skill in Tera than GW2..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

This game sucks. Every patch puts in more things to make earning gold harder so you will buy it. Its all about the store.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

This game sucks. Every patch puts in more things to make earning gold harder so you will buy it. Its all about the store.

ikr like 4 days famring and i have 150 gold you jelly?

sceptus.9415

Nope, because I don’t believe you earned it legit.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Guild Wars 2 may be slowly losing it’s touch due to infrequent and lacklustre content updates, but you get what you pay for. I paid £45 (closer to £70 due to Gem store transactions) and I have over 1,500 playing time.

Safe to say GW2 is KING in my eyes.

Offtopic, but running CM is like 18g per hour if you have the tools. 150g in 4 days isn’t too impressive, not sure why you wouldn’t call a meagre, average joe amount “legit”.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

sceptus.9415

Guild Wars 2 may be slowly losing it’s touch due to infrequent and lacklustre content updates, but you get what you pay for. I paid £45 (closer to £70 due to Gem store transactions) and I have over 1,500 playing time.

Offtopic, but running CM is like 18g per hour if you have the tools. 150g in 4 days isn’t too impressive, not sure why you wouldn’t call a meagre, average joe amount “legit”.

Sounds more like a job than fun.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Flissy.4093

If you find running dungeons fun then it’s not a job. I fill that category. If not, there are many other methods that can float players’ boats.

Light Up the Darkness

sceptus.9415

If you find running dungeons fun then it’s not a job. I fill that category. If not, there are many other methods that can float players’ boats.

It doesn’t float my boat I guess. Each patch makes the game more like a job and less like the game I paid for.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Varkronn.9783

Varkronn.9783

I am a big fan of this game. It has many, many aspects that could be improved upon and some mind boggling decisions by Anet but despite those elements, it does so much correctly. It may be my point in life having been through the gear treads mills and extremely high level raiding of past WoW iterations, but the “come & go as you please” style of this game suites me perfectly.

I am very wasteful when it comes to snatching up profitable situations and on both principle and lack of market nouse, I have never played the TP. I gradually build up materials like a rat and his hoard, through that I have managed to gain more or less everything I have wanted in this game. My Norn looks ideal and I have in stages improved my weapons from a Skeggox back in the early days, to Jormag’s Breath, then finally Volcanus.

When I first saw Braham’s weapons I was hoping they would add them in some form and to my delight they obliged. With a meagre 10g on my character and 0 gems, I simply sold some of the materials I had been stashing (barring ectos, nothing I needed for a potential Frostfang) and voila bought both the mace and the shield! I tip my hat to Anet for making the cashshop treats for the most part accessible to us financially frail folks, it felt like a reward for my play time.

Pretenders like Neverwinter are just that for me. Its combat is only interesting to those who have not already experienced it as super heroes in Champions Online and the game is utterly unappealing from the outset, lacking any of the quality of games like GW2 or WoW. Keep listening and learning Anet while moving forward as you’re doing and this could be a stalwart for many years to come.

(edited by Varkronn.9783)

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Gw2 still number one for me, despite the problems and worrying antics of the development staff.

Age of wushu is taking away some hours tho.. I love how sandboxey the game is, almost feels like eve ninjas!

Started playing aion again, purely because I like the abyss and forced pvp, and it doesnt tend to become a slideshow like wvw does. However i cant stick at it for longer than an hour or so, i didnt fully realise how kittening boring traditional quest systems are, i mean i had an idea but jeeeez. Leveling has become very difficult.

Also would love to play TSW, bought it and have it installed but cant seem to get a decent FPS. My CPU and gfx card is outdated, and due an upgrade so the game can wait for while for me.

I will say though, when firefall and archeage finally come out, gw2 will have some decent competition for my most played. Firefall in particular looks really good.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

It would be possible. Unless you call farming cofp1 for 14 hours a day illegitimate… Cannot believe some kind of nerf didnt hit that this month. guess there waiting for the full dung revamps so warrior zerkers dont cry a kittening river.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Still #1 here. The only possible challenge will be if ESO does WvW better, or maybe CU years down the line.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

If not for anything else, GW2 has revolutionized the way eles are made. Probably no other game would you see and ele be really “tanky” or has such an active combat playstyle. Most of the other things are pretty standard (warriors/guardians are tanky, thieves are sneaky, rangers = bow) but eles in gw2 are really radically different imo. I guess its mainly due to being able to wield daggers for one, and them having a playstyle that makes them go in melee range.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Flissy.4093

It would be possible. Unless you call farming cofp1 for 14 hours a day illegitimate… Cannot believe some kind of nerf didnt hit that this month. guess there waiting for the full dung revamps so warrior zerkers dont cry a kittening river.

Also waiting for the nerf.

Nothing wrong with Zerker Warriors. All Warriors should be Zerker in my eyes. It’s the 100B drones who only COF farm that are the issue. Move them from that spot and they’re permanently a blood stain on the floor.

Light Up the Darkness

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

yeah, that’s why i played gw1 for 5 years, and GW2 for 1-2months

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I wish it were my number #1 MMO – I tried, but after about 700 hours I’m burned out and back to pandaless v2.1 WoW, which is still my #1 MMO by far. Leveling is aweful in vanilla WoW compared to GW2, but WoW’s dungeons are still far, far more enjoyable than GW2’s, at least to me. Plus: MC, BWL and Ony. More dots !

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I agree…. GW2 is still my number 1 MMO out there! I’ve tried and played other MMOs although they haven’t peaked my interests much unlike GW2!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

The only other MMO I play next to GW2 is GW, it’s still in the family!

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I like the way Guid Wars 2 allows you to not have to depend on people to advance in the game.

I can’t tell you how I simply hated relying on a healer or healers in Dc Universe to complete and instance. Relying on other players to survive ALWAYS sparked an argument of some sort, which would result in people quitting in the middle of game play making it impossible to finish the mission.