Guild Wars 3: FF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I believe this could be an interesting community activity.

Lets create a fan fiction made Guild Wars 3.

How would it work?

Any new features?

Whats different from other Guild Wars games?

Anything Storywise?

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The game is pure sandbox with little themepark. All events are controlled by GMs and an event won’t be on a timer etc, they happen once and then they are done. The world is huge and there is open world PvP with castles sieges etc. Faction wars. Guild wars. There are ways to get cool extraordinary armor and weapons, they take time and you have to reveal most of the map to get them, and a lot of it plays out to be puzzles, secret areas, rare items, challenging enemies and bosses. There’s a few instances, for places like UW, FoW, Urgot’s etc. Those zones are huge and not small like in GW1. Combat is very action based like GW2 but without tab-targeting and there’s also second and maybe even third proffession like in GW1 and ArcheAge. You can destroy most things and you can also repair and build most things. There are mounts, racial mounts, legendary mounts etc.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Take GW2, make them say it’s everything like it but with more stuff so as to get a lot of GW2’s playerbase interested.

Release a beta for people who pre-order GW3 as to lock as much of the old playerbase, then have them realize it’s pretty much nothing like GW2. Then work on getting players who hated GW2 interested in GW3 by implementing content that would never be in GW2.

So raids and mounts. And holy trinity. More races, 15 professions and completely new lore.

Posted by: Ode.9126

Ode.9126

GW1 with GW2 graphics = Done, best game ever made.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

LOL. +1 that!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Exactly!
That’s what I expectet that GW2 will be, but they trolled us hard.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Exactly!
That’s what I expectet that GW2 will be, but they trolled us hard.

Even the wife said that is pretty much what EVERYONE likely expected.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

with the evolution from gw1 to gw2 i think gw3 will be
a gemshop + chatwindow + warderobe + weekly story in chat

thats all – maby it will be a browsergame only so ppl can play it on smartphone too

(edited by Romek.4201)

Posted by: Autchz.5624

Autchz.5624

im sick of gw 1, 2 or whatever why no gw2 4ever ? -_- like WoW, or gw3 with better action combat and big maps like tera or black desert..

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Black Desert or Arche Age has visually pleasant character models (I checked many char creators). But I don’t know how chars look in the game play. At least, if full character editor is included, don’t look at vanilla Skyrim (char mods ok) or upcoming Sims 4 (terrible and outdated).

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Couldn’t have said it better. +1

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

5x more content than GW2.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

That would be a terrible game for a MMO.

GW1 success came from not being a MMO and being a B2P 3D Diablo with better PvP.
You do know that right?

THat doesnt work in a MMO.

It even used Click to Move model for movement. thats only popular in Asian community of MMO gaming.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

GW1 success came from not being a MMO and being a B2P 3D Diablo .

WTF? u srs? o_O

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I believe this could be an interesting community activity.

Lets create a fan fiction made Guild Wars 3.

How would it work?

Any new features?

Whats different from other Guild Wars games?

Anything Storywise?

Everyone has same base armor / health / stats / etc. Armor is completely visual. Weapons can be used by ALL races/classes. All professions have similar skill coefficients. All characters can melee or range, with similar skill types (knockbacks, blast finishers, combo fields, etc), completely based on player skill, not who is playing the most OP class atm. Each race/class has specials that they can perform (same coefficients as other classes special skills). Weapons grant different abilities to each race/class so combo’s can be created… Everything would be within equal power to others so no one skill/trait would be mandatory. Build diversity would be more readily accepted and players could “Play the way they wanted” without feeling inferior to other classes / races.

Just a thought.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Posted by: A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426

A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426

That would be a terrible game for a MMO.

GW1 success came from not being a MMO and being a B2P 3D Diablo with better PvP.
You do know that right?

THat doesnt work in a MMO.

It even used Click to Move model for movement. thats only popular in Asian community of MMO gaming.

Depends on how you define MMO. If MMO means having 6.5 million people partying up and playing a game that was way more fun than GW2 is currently, then I’d say GW1 was the perfect MMO. If MMO means watching a 200 player epileptic seizure on a world boss, then no, GW1 was not an MMO. Either way GW1 was a fantastic game, and another GW1 would be the best game ever.

(edited by A Lizard Bolting Skin.7426)

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

My ideal GW3:

Graphics of ArcheAge Online.
Quest system of GW2
Openworld PVP, meaning I can kill anyone I want in the open world (or get killed).
Combat: Freestyle action combat like Vindictus has.
Character customization: More free, and indepth changes possible (refering to ArchAge Online for an example).
Offering Guild wars to be rewarding.
Open world PVP, fight over world bosses that spawn.

Less important ‘’living story’’ but more development of the world around me.
More attention towards PVP and the looks of the game (new weapon/armor skins).
More and GOOD looking character costumes in the cash shop.
Faster leveling experience with the old trait system.
Classes are more balanced and re-introduction of the missing GW1 classes.
Rework on the boring staff animations for Necromancer.

That is it for now…

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Fully integrated in Facebook?

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

My ideal GW3:

Openworld PVP, meaning I can kill anyone I want in the open world (or get killed).
Character customization: More free, and indepth changes possible (refering to ArchAge Online for an example).

It sounds like you’ve already found such a game.

Any game with forced open-world PvP is a game I’ll be staying a million miles away from and I’d imagine many PvErs would do the same.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I agree, having forced open world PvP is a No-No for me. But I’d like the option to allow openworld PvP IF we so desire.

There is a guild on my server that Trolls my guild, so I’d quite like to set them as an enemy guild so my guild can kill them in openworld!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

Fully integrated in Facebook?

with a gem shop like in Farmville!

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

THE BEST!!!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

My ideal GW3:

It sounds like you’ve already found such a game.

Any game with forced open-world PvP is a game I’ll be staying a million miles away from and I’d imagine many PvErs would do the same.

But that’s the beauty of Archeage zones. Its both open-world PvP and PvE only at the same time. Zones shift from war to peace at higher levels, lower levels are safe-zones. Open water is of course free-for-all war with the pirates faction thrown in. There’s also a third continent (in addition to the west and east) that’s basicly WvW.

To imagine an AA system in GW2 (or GW3 in this case, heh), WvW is part of the PvE world. Its regular PvE zones on the PvE map, no different from Orr or Lions Arch. You got your “EB” zone and the borderlands surrounding it. Every week, these zones go into 5 days of war, ie regular WvW. After that, there’s 2 days of peace where the factions cant attack each other and do the PvE objectives in the zones (which of course would be far more complex than current WvW zones). Then its server reset and the zones are thrown into war again. Of course, the borderlands could always be in a state of “unrest” (ie regular WvW) while EB is the only zone that goes to a peacefull state for a short time.

This whole WvW being a seperate instance and dislocated from the world (its in the “mists”) is really not needed. One of the most impressive things in Archeage is that its just one, massivly epic, world. There are no loading portals. Seriously, you go from one zone that’s 5x bigger than a GW2 zone to another zone that’s 5x bigger than a GW2 zone and… you wont even notice it. You just ride down the road.

I hope GW3 can do this do too. Going back to GW2 from Archeage is like going from a cathedral to a cardboard box. Of course there are other things GW3 could “borrow” (building houses, boats, aircrafts and most importantly physics. Water in AA is amazing) but just creating that kind of open world in GW3 with the GW2 combat system and designs… Yes, I’d throw my money at Anet.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Totally!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

LOL I would NEVER go back to GW1, sorry. That mechanic is so yesterday and done.