Guild Wars Pranks

Guild Wars Pranks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cookiezz.5261

Cookiezz.5261

So, my roommate and I have gamed together for many years, and they’ve always had a habit of leaving their computer unattended, logged into whatever game we’re playing. Back in our WoW days I would periodically move their characters to strange places, make messages in their bag / bank with items, etc etc. However now we’re in a serious Guild Wars kick and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for minor pranks I could play on my roommate.

Obviously, I don’t want to do anything that actually negatively affects them in any serious way (like deleting items for example), just want to have a good laugh.

I’m a pretty big fan of playing the “long con” so if it’s something that will take a while to notice / pay off, I’m super interested lol.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hmm…first thing that comes to mind is messing with their dyes. You can dye their character pink or rainbow colored and it won’t cost them anything to change it back.

You could swap armor skins, but that would cost them transmute charges to change it back.

edit for the “long con”, you could buy a cheap low level weapon and then transmute it to look like their regular weapon. Unequip their regular weapon and put it in the bank. This will cost them 1-2 transmute charge (2h weapon vs 2 1h weapons), but that’s pretty negligible.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

While I am not advocating any form of griefing there is a slight tradition in second life. If someone afks you are allowed to utilize the fact that their avatar is physical (within reason) if there is a legitimate reason to move them.

So it is not uncommon for someone to leave for an hour and come back to find their avatar has been pushed out of the way of an event. There is a simple workaround though: if you sit you can not be moved. As far as I know though there is not an equivalent in GW2.

I ran into a non-game version of this in college. I was using an 80s mainframe, so no such thing as a GUI. Anyway, a meeting and my machine did not log off completely. I got home to find out my boss had set my command prompt to the clear screen character before logging me out.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

The hall of monuments portal stone. I’m not sure if this still happens but when you get them the only way to delete them had been to type out the entire name one at a time. It’s really annoying. You could fill his inventory with them lol. The vendor was in the cave in north lions arch. It costs nothing to buy them.

Guild Wars Pranks

Cookiezz.5261

Hmm…first thing that comes to mind is messing with their dyes. You can dye their character pink or rainbow colored and it won’t cost them anything to change it back.

You could swap armor skins, but that would cost them transmute charges to change it back.

edit for the “long con”, you could buy a cheap low level weapon and then transmute it to look like their regular weapon. Unequip their regular weapon and put it in the bank. This will cost them 1-2 transmute charge (2h weapon vs 2 1h weapons), but that’s pretty negligible.

I thought about the dyes, was almost too easy / short term I guess. But that transmute idea? Golden. They main a reaper with sunrise at the moment, I can just skin sunrise onto some wimpy weapon, I love it. Can’t wait to hear them complaining at their lack of damage lol.

Thanks! I’ll leave the room open to other ideas hah

Guild Wars Pranks

Cookiezz.5261

The hall of monuments portal stone. I’m not sure if this still happens but when you get them the only way to delete them had been to type out the entire name one at a time. It’s really annoying. You could fill his inventory with them lol. The vendor was in the cave in north lions arch. It costs nothing to buy them.

Oh that’s evil! I’ll have to test if they still take forever to delete. Do they stack? You could potentially just stack them all and delete, still a funny inconvenience.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

My guildmate start spreading rumors that I’m in ESL.

After that they start spreading rumors I give up on ESL and do stocks since it makes more money.

After that they start rumors that I give up a girl before and I give up on life, that is why I play video game all day.

After that they start rumors that the girl I give up actually likes me and is not married.

I’m quite speechless on what rumors people can make up.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

If you wanted to put money down on it, gift them one of the worst looking outfits from the gem store, then change all their characters to the new outfit. It won’t cost them any transmute stones to change back. Bonus points if they don’t recognize it as an outfit and wonder why their armor looks different from the wardrobe page. When they figure it out, they’ll have an ugly outfit unlocked to remember you by.

Dahkeus’ low-level armor/weapon + transmute swap idea could be amusing.

Live, learn, level up.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I’m with Dakheus for the long run, but i would go futher. Make them another set of armor/weapons with the exact same look, but like level 1. Not a good idea for new players with low transmutation charge. But any vet will have almost infinite of those so. Next time he is online, bring him in a fractal or one of the last map of HoT. It probably gonna take some time before he find the reason why his damage was so bad all this time.

You can also do the same with his amulet in PvP. If he play a marauder character, just give him a condition damage amulet. My friend did that mistake by his own and we still tease him one year later

Give him a mini with annoying sound and boost his effect sound to the max. Super Assassin would be the best, but it’s account bound. Mini Ho-Ho-Tron is a good choice and it doesn’t cost much.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Guild Wars Pranks

Cookiezz.5261

He has the super minis, thats a good idea lol, he always complains about how annoying they are lol.

I like doing just the weapon because he will still have some damage, but it will just be a large chunk less, so it might take a moment to pick up on, all level 1’s will be immediately obvious I think. I want to experience the slow realization, because he’ll be in TS going “did they nerf reaper or something? I’m doing so much less damage now… What’s going on, let me go check the patch notes” etc.

The PvP amulet is a good idea, he is a set and forget style person so that one will take a while to pick up on I’m sure lol

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I once had a friend get drunk and decide I was an alt of a second life game god. She then challenged me to prove I was not.

Ever try to convince a drunk person that what they wanted was a logical impossibility?

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

My friend is one of the few GW1 players who never moved on to GW2. What I like to do when he leaves it unattended is take off all of his armor and make him dance. Note that this is on GW1 but it should still work.

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I once had a friend get drunk and decide I was an alt of a second life game god. She then challenged me to prove I was not.

Ever try to convince a drunk person that what they wanted was a logical impossibility?

Right. I don’t mind people trolling or making jokes.

But when people get all serious and like “wah he’s in ESL, why dont’ he tell anyone”. And even when some sensible people says it’s an obvious troll, people are like “how do you know it’s not true”.

Or some people gets like “hey stop being an * and call her”.

I’m quite speechless. Trolling is fine. But when people actually think it is real, I don’t know what to say.

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m with Dakheus for the long run, but i would go futher. Make them another set of armor/weapons with the exact same look, but like level 1. Not a good idea for new players with low transmutation charge. But any vet will have almost infinite of those so. Next time he is online, bring him in a fractal or one of the last map of HoT. It probably gonna take some time before he find the reason why his damage was so bad all this time.

You can also do the same with his amulet in PvP. If he play a marauder character, just give him a condition damage amulet. My friend did that mistake by his own and we still tease him one year later

Give him a mini with annoying sound and boost his effect sound to the max. Super Assassin would be the best, but it’s account bound. Mini Ho-Ho-Tron is a good choice and it doesn’t cost much.

Remember you can buy/gift transmute charges, so if you really didn’t want to be a jerk about it, figure out how many transmutes you’d need to do the white set, gift buy him exactly that many, then do it.

He’ll have exactly as many transmute charges as he had before.

If he doesn’t have a personal bank guild, you can even make it a present in disguise.

Found a new guild with that character named “Gotcha” or some other message, and store ans many high value non-bound items as you can in its guild bank, then set his representation back to his original guild.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Guild Wars Pranks

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Take a screenshot in game and apply it as wallpaper but remove all the desktop items and task bar at the bottom, then watch him get frustrated due to his game lagging or frozen

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.