Guild Wars hum... so where are the GvG? .__.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inochi.3219

Inochi.3219

Don’t understand wrong, its a rly sincere question.

This game is called “Guild Wars” 2…. And where are the GvGs? .____.

Would be cool some weekly GvGs for controlling the maps, cities, i dont know, just to heat things up on the servers. ._.

Just asking…

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

“The Guild Wars are the three wars among different guilds in the three human kingdoms of Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr. "

Source: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

This is why the game is called Guild Wars.

A lot of people have been asking for GvG, but it should not be open world PvP.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The “guild wars” has more to do with lore than player group PvP. Please see the GW2 wiki for more information.

As to where actual GvG might be occurring: Obsidian Sanctum, the PvP Jump Puzzle appears to be the place. Good luck with that. It also happens to be the place griefers/gankers strive to appear skilled at the moment.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

You can GvG if you set up your own Private PvP.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

They were going to call it: Casual Wars 2: Treehearnes side kick – Grind n’ Cash shop edition

but Guild Wars 2 sounded better

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

They were going to call it: Casual Wars 2: Treehearnes side kick – Grind n’ Cash shop edition

but Guild Wars 2 sounded better

I prefer the first one, as it’s not a misleading title like the other one.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Inochi.3219

Inochi.3219

“The Guild Wars are the three wars among different guilds in the three human kingdoms of Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr. "

ok, this is on GW1… on GW2 this guilds aren’t in war.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

GvG is located in WvW, which is what GvG was originally intended to be.

Claim a keep, defend it, and enjoy your war of guilds.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They weren’t in war in GW1 either – the actual wars the game takes it’s name after took place before the sinking of Orr, and the Charr invasion.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

But those guild wars led to the sinking of orr.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

‘The Guild Wars’ is a backstory event designed to be a title drop for the original Guild Wars game, which was called that because of a heavy design focus on pvp and gvg content.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Obsidian Sanctum is the venue for Guild vs Guild.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

as everyone said, the guild wars were an event in gw lore
also if you want war between guilds just go to WvW

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Yup there is a reason for it. Still it’s sad there is no Guild Halls, no Guild vs Guild, and actually, no Guild Love at all.

GoGo Guild Wars 1, at least they got it right there. :p

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Game that launches with GvG (ratings, rankings, guild halls, observer) and a focus on pvp (Hero’s Ascent too, favor of the gods, affected pve access to elite pve content, winners broadcast to entire world) was disingenuously marketed as “Guild Wars” when in fact this was all misleading as the real reason was an obscure lore event. Totally checks out.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

mounts, dueling, Guild Wars is about GVG – i wish I had a penny for every time a thread of these pops up here.

yes, GvG is dearly missed in GW2. No, the name has nothing to do with GvG. Now counting days for the next reiteration of this topic. Though I think mounts is scheduled now.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

How long will it take for people to finally understand the name “Guild Wars” has nothing to do with GvG….
Or any part of the current game however.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you want GvG there are currently 2 options that I know about:

Quit GW2 and GvG in GW1

or

Quit GW2 and GvG in Wildstar

Both games have a rather robust GvG system.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

How long will it take for people to finally understand the name “Guild Wars” has nothing to do with GvG….

Can we just start calling this game “2” then?

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

The “guild wars” has more to do with lore than player group PvP. Please see the GW2 wiki for more information.

As to where actual GvG might be occurring: Obsidian Sanctum, the PvP Jump Puzzle appears to be the place. Good luck with that. It also happens to be the place griefers/gankers strive to appear skilled at the moment.

Sorry I PVP in a PVP area but it’s the most common place to find 1-2 people and not get run over by 20. I don’t SPVP because it’s stupid with the low crit cap and inability to use gear you worked for.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Can we just start calling this game “2” then?

Seriously. The ‘guild wars’ the title is referring to took place even before Guild Wars 1. The name has little to do with what you do in gw1, and absolutely nothing to do with gw2. It’s too late now, but anet really should have picked another name imo.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

Maybe, just maybe, they will add guild halls like they had in GW1 with the scrimmaging. Then GvG could take place there.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

This again… Here, I’ve written an explanation before, so have at it.

“Guild Wars 2,” the game, is named what it is for marketing reasons, to ensure that the players of the first game would know that this was a “continuation” of the original “Guild Wars,” Co-OpRPG. The original “Guild Wars” was named as such because of it’s original design, that being a PvP-based MMO, but was changed during its development into a PvX centric game (with PvE eventually taking the spotlight).
Additionally, lore-wise, both games are named after an event which predates their timelines, that being the Guild Wars. The Guild Wars were a series of wars fought by some of the largest guilds on continental Tyria, with the last one ending due to Ascalon entering into serious conflict with the Charr.

“Guild Wars 2” isn’t named the way it is due to a focus on guilds, that content was never meant to be a focus of the game. It was named after its predassosor who kept its original name despite it having its original design elements changed.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

This again… Here, I’ve written an explanation before, so have at it.

“Guild Wars 2,” the game, is named what it is for marketing reasons, to ensure that the players of the first game would know that this was a “continuation” of the original “Guild Wars,” Co-OpRPG. The original “Guild Wars” was named as such because of it’s original design, that being a PvP-based MMO, but was changed during its development into a PvX centric game (with PvE eventually taking the spotlight).
Additionally, lore-wise, both games are named after an event which predates their timelines, that being the Guild Wars. The Guild Wars were a series of wars fought by some of the largest guilds on continental Tyria, with the last one ending due to Ascalon entering into serious conflict with the Charr.

“Guild Wars 2” isn’t named the way it is due to a focus on guilds, that content was never meant to be a focus of the game. It was named after its predassosor who kept its original name despite it having its original design elements changed.

I agree 80% with that and it’s a reasonable compromise.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its in OS if you want more of an spvp gvg then there going to need to be a lot of changes to classes to make sure it equal. In effect you can GvG in spvp now you just need to be willing to do it with 9v9 may be 10v10 and there the new spvp map that seems to be a pure death match. I find its best to keep very hands off for community made things OS gvg work well the new spvp map may work ok too but a forces GvG system may cause a lot of problems i think its best to say add in a place in EoTM where you can fight much like what you see in OS or even just comply make a new map like EoTM but with mostly open fields to fight in.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes, GvG is in OS and is actually the most popular twitch streams when top ranked guilds play each other.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Yes, GvG is in OS and is actually the most popular twitch streams when top ranked guilds play each other.

I would love to see an EoTM map like OS where you can fight ppl cross worlds that your world is not currently fighting. You can nearly do it on EoTM there a few places in the mid of the map where you do not get buffs from your side but its a bit too close to a “camp” like thing and there a lack of spaces to get moving.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They need to add a prequel video about gw1 so people stop asking this

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yup, sadly the name of the game is based around obscure lore that has pretty almost nothing to do with anything actually going on in the game.

If I were dev for a day, I’d make guilds mean something in the game and tie them into the living story somehow.