Guild challenges need to scale better!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

My guild just did guild challenges for the first time, and it was really fun, but it was a little easy. The problem seemed to be that my guild had about 60 to 70 people there, which is probably beyond the scaling system.

I don’t think that many people is going to be out of the ordinary for guilds doing guild challenges, so I’m hoping it will scale better in the future.

It probably goes without saying that PvE culling was a problem during the event, but I’m sure ArenaNet is already fixing that.

With all that said, it was a really cool event, and I don’t think anyone in my guild had any complaints about the quality. Only the easy difficulty was an issue.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Just did another one. We didn’t even come close to losing a barrel.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Try doing komali =P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hey Pen, we did Komali before she was bugged.

Posted by: Baeyne.9584

Baeyne.9584

I had no idea Komali was a SHE.

To the OP, if you were doing a Tier 1 bounty then having 30-35 people (assuming you split the group into two) is pretty much overkill.

It’s better to do a Tier 3 bounty with that many people because that would max out (or almost max it out) your merits with just one event.

Anet did increase the scaling of events to accommodate 50 people per event. I do not know if this also applies to Guild Bounties.

“If you keep getting hit, you’re playing the Thief wrong!” -Bassman

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I had no idea Komali was a SHE.

To the OP, if you were doing a Tier 1 bounty then having 30-35 people (assuming you split the group into two) is pretty much overkill.

It’s better to do a Tier 3 bounty with that many people because that would max out (or almost max it out) your merits with just one event.

Anet did increase the scaling of events to accommodate 50 people per event. I do not know if this also applies to Guild Bounties.

The OP is talking about Guild challenges not guild bounties which only have a single tier of difficulty.

Perhaps in the future Anet can release t2 guild challenge.

Retired Leader of TTS