Guild hall should have EVERYTHING!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stone.7563

Stone.7563

Things it doesn’t have…
-Personal Bank (work around in scribe crafting…)
-Trade Post
-Mystic Forge
-Crafting Stations of ALL types
-Merchants of all types across the game.

And for anyone saying “save the cities…” All I have to say is Mega-Server! As for how hard each of these things should be to get that’s up to them, but everything should be an option.

Why go to my guild hall when over half the things I need from it are not available… Whats the motivation? Im a very dedicated player and as of the time of this post my guild seems to be ahead of a lot of larger guilds at level 24! But what was it really worth…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They don’t want people going there for functions that cities already offer as they don’t want to split the player base unnecessarily. Guild halls are there for functions that cities do not offer such as a private meeting place for a guild, arenas and a map to decorate as they choose.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I wish for these things too, however, I seem to remember somewhere that Anet doesn’t want us hiding out in our Guild Halls. (at work, no time to find the source).

I find it rather annoying to to have to port out to a city, go to a bank for various things, port back to Guild Hall, realize you need to craft something, port out to a city, get the item, port back to Guild Hall, etc.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

This would be awesome, however

The central draw of the guild halls aren’t the replicated services, but rather the unique services it provides.

Our guild makes good use of the guild commendation trader on a daily basis, furniture vendors, ore/plant/wood synthesizers, and convenient access to the core services it does have (merchant/bank/anvil/guildbank) all in one fast loading location from anywhere.

I agree with the banking NPC though. We already have a bank in the crafting station, and another non-collection one in the guild bank. Why not just add a proper bank NPC?

I would love to have the full suite of services in our hall, but it seems the direction anet wants to go with the halls is that the halls primarily provide things to your guild they can’t get anywhere else in stead of just copying thing you can. If anything I’d prefer to see more services you can’t get in cities than just copying the ones you can. More ways to spend guild commendations, installable adventures, stations that transmute things in to other things, etc.

Currently I use the guild hall a lot more than cities. I only go to cities for crafting or to pick up TP purchases. For everything else I use the guild hall. I generally only end up visiting LA once a day for this reason, but find myself in the guild hall after every meta run, between dungeon runs, while I AFK, etc. since it’s easy and free to get to and from and loads much faster than the mists due to not being full of a hundred random people right around the warp in point.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The players base is already split. There is 6 cities, some people go in WvW for crafting, PvP for Guild Bank, some have the pass for ‘’I don’t remember the name of the place’’, some have their personnal bank, mystic forge, TP items.

Not everybody will have everything in their Guild Hall. Some will think that it’s too costly to be worth it, some won’t be in a big enough guild for that, some will have it, but prefer to go in another place. Some service will still be unique to LA like dungoen seller.

With the megaserver, this will diminish the number of overflow of the different cities, but I doudt the cities will look deserted.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I dont understand that logic… we have craft scribe in the GH, we have a guild bank, all they would need to do is add a BLTC merchant and a banker…. make the scribe crafting area a universal one and its all done.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I dont understand that logic… we have craft scribe in the GH, we have a guild bank, all they would need to do is add a BLTC merchant and a banker…. make the scribe crafting area a universal one and its all done.

Agree. It’s so close to having everything, why not add those two last pieces. I think things would be relatively unchanged in major cities.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

+1 to the OP.

The only city worth using, IMO, is Rata Sum. Why? Because everything is close together and easy to get to. When they redesigned LA, I had high hopes they’d put the Bank, TP, a merchant, and the Guild Bank close together, with all crafting stations nearby. That would make LA a convenient place to hang out. But they didn’t, so back to Rata Sum it is.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

+1 to the OP.

The only city worth using, IMO, is Rata Sum. Why? Because everything is close together and easy to get to. When they redesigned LA, I had high hopes they’d put the Bank, TP, a merchant, and the Guild Bank close together, with all crafting stations nearby. That would make LA a convenient place to hang out. But they didn’t, so back to Rata Sum it is.

That’s the city I go to as well. Everything is organized and relatively close together (thanks to Asuran genius!) and it loads pretty fast. I really only go to Lion’s Arch if I have to use the Mystic Forge.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Angel.4581

Angel.4581

No, just no.

If guild halls had it all, it would be the death of cities, apart from LA, since you have Fractals and the daily activity dude there.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Things it doesn’t have…
-Personal Bank (work around in scribe crafting…)
-Trade Post
-Mystic Forge
-Crafting Stations of ALL types
-Merchants of all types across the game.

And for anyone saying “save the cities…” All I have to say is Mega-Server! As for how hard each of these things should be to get that’s up to them, but everything should be an option.

Why go to my guild hall when over half the things I need from it are not available… Whats the motivation? Im a very dedicated player and as of the time of this post my guild seems to be ahead of a lot of larger guilds at level 24! But what was it really worth…

I think it would be better for the community to move some of these services out of home borderlands and/or PvP and move them to GH. I also support the idea that GHs should emphasize functions unavailable elsewhere. And I support those who think that GHs should, at HoT launch, have offered any services already earned by the guild pre-expac.

Thus,

• The mystic forge would never be something in the GH; that could be left to conduits and LA.
  • The account bank is already available at the scribing station, so might as well include that (next to the guild bank please).
  • Crafting stations… I’m ambivalent. I would like to see them removed from borderlands, but only if they are in the GH.
  • Trading post — absolutely, since guildies are often buying stuff to upgrade the GH.
  • Merchants of all sorts — no, I think those belong in their native lands. The GH should be reserved for guild vendors, those that provide services unavailable elsewhere.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Adding a banker would be a nice touch. Given the scribing table offers it already it would be purely for the feeling of “completeness”, which wouldn’t do anything to dissuade visits to cities.

I also think adding a black lion trader is reasonable. The current system is unnecessarily convoluted, and it really highlights the “we’re going to make guild halls worse rather than cities better” approach.

LA has vendors, the forge, crafting stations (which I also think should be in the halls, but whatever) and people from other guilds. There’s plenty of reasons to go there without hampering something that players are putting thousands of gold and hours into. Cities… well cities should really have more things in them, and that’s been a long term problem unrelated to guild halls.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I think the most glaring absense is actually the commendation’s vendor. Should be up automatically with the market.
Also why not a laurel vendor (unlockable)?