Guild halls?

Guild halls?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Favillion.7843

Favillion.7843

so whats the deal with guild halls what are the requirements to have one because i have a small guild but the idea of having a guild hall sounds awesome what are the details, also can we style the halls in different themes?

Guild halls?

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Only answer you’ll get. Nobody knows yet

Guild halls?

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I am sure when they release this information to us, we will be able to share it with you.

As for now…errr…Guild Halls are coming…

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Guild halls?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The game doesn’t have guild halls….

There is a powerfull request from the community from launch. Arenanet had a CDI bout guilds and the most powerfull call from the community was guildhalls. They also said they take the community seriously. So people assume they are preparing guildhalls and that we can expect them soon, but that is based on assumptions. There is no formal announcement or any indication that they are actually working on it. It doesn’t mean they are not, but at the moment the answer to your question is that there are no halls at all

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Guild halls?

IrishPotato.6327

There is a powerfull request from the community from launch. Arenanet had a CDI bout guilds and the most powerfull call from the community was guildhalls. They also said they take the community seriously. So people assume they are preparing guildhalls and that we can expect them soon, but that is based on assumptions. There is no formal announcement or any indication that they are actually working on it. It doesn’t mean they are not, but at the moment the answer to your question is that there are no halls at all

You realize guild halls are part of the expansion right?

Guild halls?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

There is no formal announcement or any indication that they are actually working on it.

There IS a formal announcement, they said that Guild Hall will be a feature during the HoT announcement.
You can see it here: https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Guild halls?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That same poster posted in an HoT thread yesterday that guild halls are just speculation, and was responded to with the HoT link for, and wiki information on, the coming guild halls. So, I’m guessing no he or she doesn’t realize. He or she is being intentionally ignorant that halls are coming.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Is-HoT-required-to-access-Guild-Halls/first#post5130787

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Guild halls?

IrishPotato.6327

That same poster posted in an HoT thread yesterday that guild halls are just speculation, and was responded to with the HoT link for, and wiki information on, the coming guild halls. So, I’m guessing no he or she doesn’t realize. He or she is being intentionally ignorant that halls are coming.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Is-HoT-required-to-access-Guild-Halls/first#post5130787

/blinks….. O_O wut

Guild halls?

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Guild Halls are supposed to be coming with the expansion. But no one from Anet has told us anything about cost, requirements, etc… yet. I wish they would give us more info, but they haven’t yet.(unless I’ve somehow missed it)

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/blinks….. O_O wut

lol, I’ll rephrase, the poster you were responding to is claiming guild halls are mere speculation. You asked if they realized, I was responded directly to you about aforementioned poster.

Guild halls?

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

It would be a SAD day after they announced it & comes the expansion. They just shelve it like so many things they announced upon release of Gw2.

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It would be a SAD day after they announced it & comes the expansion. They just shelve it like so many things they announced upon release of Gw2.

Considering they did formally announce it, I highly doubt this is something they have shelved. I think it’s more they aren’t at a comfortable stage to give us more information yet. To assume it’s been shelved just because we don’t have more information on it means we would have to assume the same for other things we haven’t heard anything on yet – challenging group content, and the other 6 elite specs, for example.

Guild halls?

Vieux P.1238

Considering they did formally announce it, I highly doubt this is something they have shelved. I think it’s more they aren’t at a comfortable stage to give us more information yet. To assume it’s been shelved just because we don’t have more information on it means we would have to assume the same for other things we haven’t heard anything on yet – challenging group content, and the other 6 elite specs, for example.

Like i said, not the first time they formerly announce something & never comes out. Can you read?

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Like i said, not the first time they formerly announce something & never comes out. Can you read?

They never formally announced guild halls for GW2 though. They said they wanted to, and then when we got closer they said they wouldn’t be in the game at launch. They’ve said that they’ve wanted to do a lot of things. That’s not formally announcing it though, there is a difference.

Guild halls?

Vieux P.1238

They never formally announced guild halls for GW2 though.

Really? weird… cuz i saw a clip when they announce HOT during Pax where they formerly announce guild halls. But you must be right… & the rest of us has just have Mass hysteria. & imagine the hole thing :P

& we are not talking about Gw2 but HoT, the expansion.

Ps: can some1 link that clip?

Guild halls?

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

They never formally announced guild halls for GW2 though. They said they wanted to, and then when we got closer they said they wouldn’t be in the game at launch. They’ve said that they’ve wanted to do a lot of things. That’s not formally announcing it though, there is a difference.

However they did announce several things that were never finalized though, for example the tablet app they were developing or several mini-games (such as bar brawls and the shooting range). The reverse has also been true, for example they stated they would never introduce a new gear tier but then they introduced ascended gear. There might be more examples but these were the ones that came to mind.

Guild halls?

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

They formally announced Guild Halls with the expansion announcement. But, we only know that Guild Halls are supposed to be included in HoT. No word since then.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Guild halls?

Vieux P.1238

They formally announced Guild Halls with the expansion announcement. But, we only know that Guild Halls are supposed to be included in HoT. No word since then.

Exactly. Nothing since then.
I don’t understand the argument.!!!!???? I just mentioned it would be sad if they shelve it after announcing it. Cuz it would not be the first time they done so.

some ppl just luv to troll & argu for nothing. tsk tsk tsk…. sad.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Really? weird… cuz i saw a clip when they announce HOT during Pax where they formerly announce guild halls. But you must be right… & the rest of us has just have Mass hysteria. & imagine the hole thing :P

scowl

We were discussing initial launch announcements. Not HoT, regarding promises made and not kept, based on your comment that they have previously made such promises and not kept them. And it’s exactly for such reasons that Anet keeps their lips sealed about what’s coming until its essentially ready.

I am well aware, people that they announced them for HoT. I was present when they did so. It was not the expansion I was discussing as we had moved on from that point in the conversation. 2 posts back I myself stated that they were formally announced for HoT, at which point the comeback was that they have previously announced such things and then shelved them, thus leading to the discussion regarding initial launch, where such things were in fact not actually ‘announced.’ Only commented on as them ‘wanting to’ do them.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Guild halls?

Vieux P.1238

scowl

We were discussing initial launch announcements. Not HoT, regarding promises made and not kept, based on your comment that they have previously made such promises and not kept them. And it’s exactly for such reasons that Anet keeps their lips sealed about what’s coming until its essentially ready.

I’m pretty shore except for you everybody got it that it was ment for HOT & not Gw2.

Guild halls?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I don’t understand that argument.!!!!???? I just mentioned it would be sad if they shelve it after announcing it. Cuz it would not be the first time they done so.

well, LanfearLanfearShadowflame meant that they never formally announced Guild Halls for the main GW2 3 years ago “They never formally announced guild halls for GW2 though”. Only said they wanted.
But this time for HOT they did formally announce it. And that is the difference.

You guys didnt get what he said.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t understand that argument.!!!!???? I just mentioned it would be sad if they shelve it after announcing it. Cuz it would not be the first time they done so.

well, LanfearLanfearShadowflame meant that they never formally announced Guild Halls for the main GW2 3 years ago “They never formally announced guild halls for GW2 though”. Only said they wanted.
But this time for HOT they did formally announce it. And that is the difference.

*She

And thank you, at least someone can follow the flow of conversation. Even my 14 year old son understood (and he’s over here just laughing at this conversation).

Guild halls?

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I believe i once saw a video of an interview with Colin where he said there is absolutely noting that cannot be shelved.

Guild halls?

Vieux P.1238

Actually we did get it. He even said so above he ment Gw2. LanfearShadowflame just dint get from the flow of the conversation that this was actually ment for the next expansion since there will not be any new major patches in Gw2 (Content for example). everybody knows that. Ps: i,m having a chuckle to.

(edited by Vieux P.1238)

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I believe i once saw a video of an interview with Colin where he said there is absolutely noting that cannot be shelved.

Well that’s true in any development, not just GW2. However, generally speaking when they formally announce something as “coming,” we get it. The only thing I can think of that they said was coming and hasn’t is legendary armor/trinkets, but that still wasn’t technically a formal announcement. It was just a ‘hey we’re working on this, we think we’ll have it out at this point.’ Of course, they haven’t said it was shelved either. The last update we had was that it wasn’t going to meet its initial speculated end of year debut. Since that point, any type of ‘hey we’re working on this’ has absolutely stopped. The only time they open their mouths to tell us what they are working on now, is when they absolutely know it will be coming into the game.

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Actually we did get it. He even said so above he ment Gw2. LanfearLanfearShadowflame just dint get from the flow of the conversation that this was actually ment for the next expansion since there will not be any new major patches in Gw2 (Content for example). everybody knows that. Ps: i,m having a chuckle to.

throws popcorn at Vieux

Guild halls?

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

If this turns into a “he said, she said”, then this thread will get locked.

I don’t believe anything until it’s in game and working properly. I believe that Anet intends for guild halls to be in the expansion at release.
It would be nice to know what the cost/requirements are, in order to be prepared ahead of time and be able to obtain a guild hall as soon as possible.
But Anet doesn’t seem to want to give any more info at this point. At this point, what more is there to be said? We wait…

Guild halls?

Vieux P.1238

Actually we did get it. He even said so above he ment Gw2. LanfearLanfearShadowflame just dint get from the flow of the conversation that this was actually ment for the next expansion since there will not be any new major patches in Gw2 (Content for example). everybody knows that. Ps: i,m having a chuckle to.

throws popcorn at Vieux

Here, have a pepsi bottle.

Guild halls?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

throws popcorn at Vieux

Here, have a pepsi bottle.

Ick, Pepsi

Guild halls?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I believe Rubi said in Twitch chat shortly before a live stream that HoT -will- have guild halls. It was sort of a teaser: “Do you want to hear about guild halls?” Twitch reply YES YES YES, Rubi: “There will be guild halls in HoT!” /smirky face

Guild halls?

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

In response to the second part of the OP’s question…when they do arrive they will include a range of design types, one of which resembles the Agents of Shield flying fortress based on the concept art Anet previewed.

Reasonable to expect they will all be customizable by adding services at least, possibly also by adding the equivalent of ‘Home Instance’ upgrades.

Based on the GW1 Model, seems likely that at least some upgrades will have an associated cost in Guild Merits/Influence and possibly also the need to ‘lease’ or buy the Hall location from someone. Personally I’ll be expecting some Pact involvement too, even if its only them laying claim to possible sites and renting out to recover the cost of rebuilding the Fleet.

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

Guild halls?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Here is the link to the HoT reveal video, GHs announced with some general info at about the 49:42 mark.

https://youtu.be/gxLkfXwxLTs?t=2970

The Burninator

Guild halls?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

There are even a couple of people in LA saying they are working on a project for guilds.

Guild halls?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I will not be surprised if they will cut guild halls from the expansion and add it later as part of some feature pack.

Guild halls?

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Coming from FFXIV I do note that added extra instances can put strange pressures on a gaming company. Added lag. Sometimes to the point where the game will not run. Something about it costing more for the gaming company to have extra instances. The mechanics of an mmo aren’t run on magic like most gamers seem to think.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Guild halls?

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Coming from FFXIV I do note that added extra instances can put strange pressures on a gaming company. Added lag. Sometimes to the point where the game will not run. Something about it costing more for the gaming company to have extra instances. The mechanics of an mmo aren’t run on magic like most gamers seem to think.

If you think about it Guild Wars 2 is full of mini instances. Gathering nodes, dungeons, fractals, PvP maps, Personal Story, Living World, etc. are all instances of some kind. And I don’t think any game’s mechanics run on magic, I have common sense (at least I think I do).

OT: Guild halls are on their way with Heart of Thorns. There isn’t much info on them just yet but if you ask me they’ll tell us a bit about them before they launch the expac.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Guild halls?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Instances is a way to alleviate workload in the server, that is a good reason why GW1 is fully instanced besides the outposts.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)