Guild mail give me 2 hours

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nathan Drake.8043

Nathan Drake.8043

Seriously for a game called “guild” wars 2 how come we dont have a guild mail system. It took me 2 hours to send mail to my 73 members. after every 2 mails i get a spam message and i have to wait for 1 min or so to start sending again. Why O why dont we have a option to send mail to all members add once??

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

To be fair, for the first weeks after launch, very little of guild functionality was working yet.

There’s a lot of features missing. I think they’re still scrambling to catch up.

Posted by: flyinpoons.6481

flyinpoons.6481

funny how the features that are missing would cause mass riots at the start of most “MMO’S”, but the blind legions of kool aid drinkers that make up a large portion of the GW2 fan base give arenanet a pass.

Nathan Drake.8043

I agree on that but seriously it took me 2 hours. that is just well i have no words for it.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Usually, an easier way to inform the entire guild of something would be to use the Guild Announcement function on your Guild window. It’s kind of like sending them all mail… except instead of opening their mail, they just hit G and can read it.

Nathan Drake.8043

yeah i agree but in all games i played when you log you get to see guild message. however not in GW2 so most people dont read it XD

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

To my mind, your guild members should be responsible for checking the guild announcement if they want to be involved in things. I haven’t played many MMOs but it never even occurred to me that we should be able to mail guild members en masse… anyone who needs that much organisation has a website in my experience. But that’s not much experience.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

Curuniel.4830

To my mind, your guild members should be responsible for checking the guild announcement if they want to be involved in things. I haven’t played many MMOs but it never even occurred to me that we should be able to mail guild members en masse… anyone who needs that much organisation has a website in my experience. But that’s not much experience.

I would love it if that was the case, but they just don’t check it. The Message of the Day should be announced and we should have a better mail system in place for guilds.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

A suggestion — manage guild communication out of game. Mine has a website and monthly newsletter, email distribution built in.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Why use mail? Isn’t MOTD enough for ya?

We only have 10 mails that we can keep from players before our inboxes are full. I would be irritated at a guild that wanted to spam me in addition to the gold sellers…

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.