Guild merging idea, ideas?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.9321

Nick.9321

This would be for small guilds(under 150 only) that would allow said guilds to merg into a bigger one, ofcourse there will be rules set up a certain time to prevent some guild leaders to abuse this. For instance, there are my ideas below. This idea is in place for those small guilds that want to grow, but can’t because lack of people looking for a guild(because most people already have a guild).

- The guild merged would have either a name, or a carried name from a merged guild(only two guilds can merge together at once).

- The guild leaders of the original merged guilds(both) will only be able to kick guildies that are from thier original guild(before they merged) for a week, once this week is over, the guild leaders can sign another agreement to either merge the guild again for a week(time is changeable) or make it permanent. If it is extended, the same rules apply.

- Once the merged guild is permanent, it acts just like a normal guild(if you can think of any drawbacks, tell me, and I will think of ways to fix it).

-If the merged guild has passed a week and they don’t want to merge again, you can deny the Merge(at least one side has too), and the merge will become unavailable to do after 24 hours(in case of messing up) for a week(ofcourse changable, you get the idea though).

- It requires a majority of the leaders online to “Sign an agreement” for the guild merging to take in place.

- The guild leaders will collaberate to find a guild name and emblem, if they cannot come to a conclusion on their own, they have the option to make a voting system come up, each guild member online will see this, and they will click(or whatever) on the emblem and name they like best. this will decide which name and emblem gets chosen.

- The guild leaders that are merging together must be from the same server. This is in place to prevent spying and such in World VS. World.

- If you can think of anyhting else, tell me, and if you have any ideas, voice them!

If you like this idea, lets get it to arenanet, and show them what would make all small guilds better(in most cases).

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If the merge guild is anything like the LFG merge party, then no thanks.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Just join a bigger guild. If you’re under agreement, the other guild leader will also make your leader part of their leadership.

Nick.9321

Just join a bigger guild. If you’re under agreement, the other guild leader will also make your leader part of their leadership.

The point of this is to make small guilds want to merge together, and not get ripped off or instantly kicked, this system will help alot for all small guilds.

Nick.9321

If the merge guild is anything like the LFG merge party, then no thanks.

Of course it won’t, that wouldn’t be a good idea anyways, there will be a new system for merging guilds, I am thinking of a way right now.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

The point of this is to make small guilds want to merge together, and not get ripped off or instantly kicked, this system will help alot for all small guilds.

UH, “ripped off”? What? If two guilds honestly want to merge, you just have everyone join the other one. I don’t see a problem. And if two guilds DON’T want to merge, then you just DON’T merge. Look it’s simple. No need for devs to spend time and resources developing something not necessary.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

If you are saying to develop a system to merge the two guilds together, accumulating their influences and upgrades, that sounds reasonable.

But, if you are saying to develop a system for your own convenience, I think that too self-centered. Whatever you mentioned are nothing more than your personal dealing with other individuals which can be easily accomplished on your part. Developing a system that will only be used once a while is not realistic.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

what I’d like, rather than this merge.

Is a way for smaller guilds to group together to open events like teq etc. Otherwise..there’s no point ‘merging’.
Some of us like being in smaller guilds.

Posted by: yelena arnica monta.2541

yelena arnica monta.2541

An Alliance Form might be the anser, you still run your own small guild, but help other small Guilds by teaming up with them on guild stuff (bountyhunt, rush, puzzles) create a rank for members of the alliance guildies. So you all earn the commendations and rotate the rep for events. That way you will be able to get more merits but on a rotation base and you still have your own Guild.

For instance take a bounty hunt, to succesfully do them you need a lot of players. Plan the event 3 times, (if you have an alliance for 3 guilds) and rotate. 1 week guild A will be represented, the other Guild B and the 3rd week Guild C. It will take longer to get the merits but atleast that way you will get them to unlock all the other guildstuff all players do get the commendations and that’s what most of us are after anyways Plan big events the same way, even on mega server that should be a possibility, but i stand corrected if it’s not.