Guild wars 2 Community

Guild wars 2 Community

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Unique.9351

Unique.9351

What would you rate the guild wars 2 community?

I think it isnt the best… You get people ranting if you’re inexperienced at something, kick you out of group after helping them in fractals and maw, and theres just alot of ‘jurks’ around. Whats your opinion ?

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Piecekeeper.4361

Piecekeeper.4361

Well, It started ok early. Got whiny quickly, and that has never gone away.
About 2 months ago or so it got absolutely vile. But it seems to be sliding back to decent enough. Still too whiny for my tastes though. The community is my lest favorite thing about this game any longer.

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

In my server it isn’t too bad, folks tend to help out when asked but you still have the farmers screaming that someone killed something out of rotation.

On the forum I still think of Mos Eisley.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Better than the WoW community but steadily heading down the same path it took. Less friendly and playful than it was when I joined in November – lotta disgusting sexism came out during Cut Throat Politics content and a lot of disgusting jokes I thought I’d never hear in GW2 were made towards Scarlet. Elitism has gotten worse and I’m pretty afraid to join random dungeon groups just like I was in WoW because I’ve never run dungeons. I fear these players don’t have the patience for someone with non-legendary/ascended gear who might need to learn the dungeon paths and who hasn’t perfected her builds yet.

Basically, I’d rate the community as fair.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Ingame:
Very rarely socialize with anyone outside of my guild.
Forum:
Don’t so much consider the community to be full of whiners as more of people voicing general concerns about the game (and where it’s heading).

Guild wars 2 Community

Unique.9351

The only other multiplayer game I’ve played online on computer is runescape… And I ca tell you that they have a better community than gw2 now and they have a bad community… People without top gear are ‘noobs’ I run fractals daily I see people with legendaries yet I know am better than them but people judge you for how much money you have.. I’ve never felt so disgusted since I stated playing until earlier tonight where I joined a team of 4 in lvl 20 fractal where I provided them tip and spent 3 hrs with them to get it done to only be kicked at the maw.. The community really is going down hill

Guild wars 2 Community

Unique.9351

Ingame:
Very rarely socialize with anyone outside of my guild.
Forum:
Don’t so much consider the community to be full of whiners as more of people voicing general concerns about the game (and where it’s heading).

Ya see, a game wasn’t meant to be like that especially a game like gw2.. You should be able to socialize with people across the map and not just guildies.. I would too but there are time when guildies aren’t online and u have no other choices…

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

What would you rate the guild wars 2 community?

I think it isnt the best… You get people ranting if you’re inexperienced at something, kick you out of group after helping them in fractals and maw, and theres just alot of ‘jurks’ around. Whats your opinion ?

The same as any other MMO community… GW2 turned into your average gear grind MMO, so it caters the same kind of players.

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Not the best. Not even close to the other end of the spectrum by any means.

As an MMO community as a whole, it’s actually pretty good.

The server I’m on started out very mature, helpful, friendly and with the exception of a few weeks here and there when a few immature players think their behavior represents the norm, the server has continued to maintain that culture. For the most part, the mature players just don’t bother responding to the ones who can’t seem to be responsibly social in chat. Which goes to prove that ages-old shunning of boors is the best corrective solution.

Of course I turn off map chat in Lion’s Arch, especially around the bank.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

As a gaming community (important qualification) I would rate it as very good, both in-game and on the forums. This rating is based upon years of experience in a variety of games. It’s actually much better than most. Lotro probably takes the award for overall best community in my experience.

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

In-game: A++
Forum: C-

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Toxic community all round, which mostly started when the Ascended dropped last year, the player base split and never recovered..

The whole legendary, Prestige and Ascended also breeds a “i’m better than you, peasant” type of game style too, it really isn’t a good way to have a friendly work together type of community, it just breeds jealousy, hate and anger all around..

The forced types of game play also breeds anger at the developers too who originally stated it was play how you want to play, things like that do not help the community..

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

People telling you to get better at Dungeons are doing a public service.

If you want examples of the community that really are bad, look at stuff that came out of people’s mouths during Ember farming and Scarlet farming.

This rating is based upon years of experience in a variety of games. It’s actually much better than most.

So much this…. people who think this place is bad, don’t have nearly enough experience or years in online gaming to know what truly TOXIC looks like. This forum especially where even the tiniest of offhand comments usually get removed in hours. This is the most carebear forum I’ve seen since Toontown

(edited by ilr.9675)

Guild wars 2 Community

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

I would say it’s fair , I see people getting mad when their champion gets killed but at the same time I have seen nice people helping out others .