Guild wars 2 end game problems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Forsving.9162

Forsving.9162

Hey guys! Before i start i want to say that i support this game in EVERY way! So before you start raging on me or start saying that this isn’t the game for me i want to say that IMHO Guild wars 2 is the BEST MMO available atm. No other mmo has given me such an AWESOME experience! The ’’problem’’ that i’m experiencing could simply be because i have yet to try everything, even the CORE things of the game (like living story).

So this is my FEEDBACK from a player who recently got to lvl 80.

’’Problems’’

As i fought my last mob through lvl 79 and reached level 80 I experienced an incredible amount of success! I finally reached lvl 80! I can finally do the high level stuff! The end content! I know this subject has been talked about before, ALOT. But this is not from a raging kid who thinks the game suck. Simply a huge fan being confused on what to do?

But the first thing that striked me as I ran around in lvl 80 was… What now?

What do i do now? But since i’ve had this game since release (never reached lvl 80 since i took a long break) i’ve already seen the ‘’No end-game content’’ threads and I remember how everyone replied that you do ‘’whatever you want to do’’.

So the first problem i find with Guild wars 2 is the confusion of arriving at lvl 80. In 90% of MMO’s the highest level is the level where you unlock everything do-able. Raids, pvp gear, new worlds, mounts, gear, legendarys etc. While in GW2 It feels as i’ve unlocked nothing?

Nearly everything that can be done in lvl 80 can be done in lower levels?

The only thing im counting on at the moment that could prove to be an extraordinary experience is the ‘’living story’’. Since I arrived in 80 when Arena net has taken a break from the living story.

I’m a PVE guy, but with a game that lacks pve content i feel lost. There is lots of dungeons. But since there is no real good loot in these dungeons they dont feel worthwhile. And dungeons are mostly just rushed… There are always these tactics about standing behind walls to stack up mobs and then rush to the next area (AC).

I just want to know… What do i do in lvl 80? I don’t want to walk around doing quests (hearts) like i’ve done from 1-79…. Like most others i dont want to do the SAME thing i’ve done in 79 lvls. So what exacly does lvl 80 has to offer?

Posted by: Lynx Raven Raide.2764

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

The end game starts at level 2. Whilst there may be level restrictions on survivability in areas and dungeons and higher stats on gear, pretty much there is a lot to do. Just wandering around the map, you can find areas you may have bypassed before (there is a special garden in The Grove that I didn’t know about until I did a guild trek) and dynamic events that only spawn at certain times.

Mad Aussie Bastard

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Min/max your gear, builds, stats, make your stuff as pretty as you can, and then make an alt and do it again. Instead of visiting some 3 hour boredom and drama fest other games call “raids” they made the game so you are somewhat free to do whatever you want to chase the stuff you need for that next shiny bauble.

I agree with the dungeon thing though, the whole thing stinks of sad… some of those instances are quite fun, and sometimes the things to fight that are just a little off the beaten path add flavor that most people don’t seem to have the time to care about.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

There is no hamster wheel… this makes for very confused hamsters.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Dungeons get rushed because the only good reward there is the end gold chest. The sooner you get that, the sooner you can do another one. Plus killing the same trash mobs over and over and over every day gets old so fast…

As for stacking: there’s no tank to control the battles, all boons are short range and melee does more DPS. Those are just a few of the reasons why people stack and why it’s optimal and faster to do it.

If you haven’t tried it yet, try fractals. That’s supposed to be the hard endgame PvE content.