Guild wars 2 vs Black desert

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

I’m sorry gw2. You have your flaws. You lost my attention. But I still pick you over black desert. That game is garbage!

I don’t know guys, with all the complaints I see here in the forums, after playing black desert I have a new….forgiveness…..for guild wars…….if anyone else has played perhaps you would agree.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Maybe after you being disloyal, it should be Guild Wars 2 that forgives you instead? :P

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Glad you came to your senses quickly. Others will take abit more time but no mmorpg has created the staying power that gw2 has in this era of mmos. Big eastern mmos are a vacation but gw2 is home! I mean if you post on these forums youre either crazy or a gw2 main player.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know what people expected from a Korean grinder. Mind you I’m sure Black Desert will have people who like that style of play, but I knew as time went on that it would eventually consume itself. It’s the nature of the beast.

We’ve seen it time and time again, games that were going to kill this game. Neverwinter, ESO, Archeage, Wildstar, Blade and Soul and now Black Desert. Why hasn’t it happened?

Because it’s easier to make an MMO sound cool than it is to produce a really cool MMO. Words are always easy.

And the biggest potential threat of them all, Everquest Next, was just cancelled before it ever launched. The stated reason?

Though the game looked great on paper, when they put it all together they found it wasn’t fun.

Yes, the game has it’s flaws, but it’s done a whole lot of things right too, and often doesn’t get credit for that.

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

I don’t know what people expected from a Korean grinder. Mind you I’m sure Black Desert will have people who like that style of play, but I knew as time went on that it would eventually consume itself. It’s the nature of the beast.

We’ve seen it time and time again, games that were going to kill this game. Neverwinter, ESO, Archeage, Wildstar, Blade and Soul and now Black Desert. Why hasn’t it happened?

Because it’s easier to make an MMO sound cool than it is to produce a really cool MMO. Words are always easy.

And the biggest potential threat of them all, Everquest Next, was just cancelled before it ever launched. The stated reason?

Though the game looked great on paper, when they put it all together they found it wasn’t fun.

Yes, the game has it’s flaws, but it’s done a whole lot of things right too, and often doesn’t get credit for that.

I think eastern mmos biggest downfall is their lack of solid ui and combat integration. All the ones ive played just feel off no matter how actiony or praised the combat is. Gw2 captured that immersive feel when youre behind your character that wow did for its popularity. That is in my opinion what swtor lacked and failed from, because it had the potential to go the distance.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The only thing that’s likely to kill GW2 is GW2.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

All we need is more raids and “challenging group content”. Gating all legendary
weapons behind raids would also be a wise move ^^

Oh .. and introduce a new race, but remove all current armor sets, because it
is too much work to make them fit for the new race. As compensation we get
some outfits for free.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Zap Rowsdower.6305

Zap Rowsdower.6305

After briefly checking out the homepage for Black Desert, knowing that it was a Korean developed thing (nothing against it, just different design style), AND having shelled out $50 for Tera and feeling like I got socked in the gut with a tackhammer – No, I wont be playing Black Desert.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wouldn’t also touch any game with open PvP with a ten foot pole, and like
most Korean games BDO has no option for PvE servers afaik.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

To be frank, I’m not sure GW2 isn’t dying in the first place.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

After briefly checking out the homepage for Black Desert, knowing that it was a Korean developed thing (nothing against it, just different design style), AND having shelled out $50 for Tera and feeling like I got socked in the gut with a tackhammer – No, I wont be playing Black Desert.

BDO is only $30. Which tbh is perfectly fine for a month or two of diversion from GW2 especially if you are like me and sick of Anets excuses over WvW. Another game gives you some perspectives. But I dont see it surviving too long. The grind is insane, the PvP is flawed and the cashshop is scummy beyond belief. Still kind of fun though.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Gating all legendary

Gating? No.
Allowing players to skip endless grinding by doing more challenging objectives? Yes.
If that means adding collections for legendary weapons inside a Raid, as a way to bypass other requirements, then that would be an excellent thing.

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

Gating all legendary

Gating? No.
Allowing players to skip endless grinding by doing more challenging objectives? Yes.
If that means adding collections for legendary weapons inside a Raid, as a way to bypass other requirements, then that would be an excellent thing.

That’s actually a pretty cool idea, I hope someone from Anet sees this.

On-topic – BDO is a vastly different game, why are we even comparing them? For what it is, it seems pretty good to me. The world is vast, open and beautiful (something GW2’s world isn’t sadly. As in , it’s not open, it IS beautiful), it is much closer to a sandbox than a regular theme park and has some awesome mechanics, like the node thing, fishing and housing. GW2 has absolutely nothing that compares in that regard.

On the other hand, BDO’s PVE is just… sort of there? Its itemization is severely lacking and the best way to level up is to farm mobs. So… yeah, oranges and apples.

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

imo gw2 wins hands down, even if black desert has that shiny stunning new graphics.
i like the nostalgia from lineage 2 with its point and click and at the same time i enjoy the action mmo combat thats in BnS/ terra etc. and gw2 its the middle of the road for me, just the perfect fit.
i took a 3 week vacation for BnS, yes it was amazing(omg dat action combat) but theres not enough content and liberty to pick the way i like to farm, gw2 on the other hand lets me farm how i want and still get lotz of gold, today i wanna chop trees, i can do that, i wanna run champ trains, yep its possible, sw, hot maps metas, hell even wvw rewards you some gold. for me its about the flexibility that gw2 brings and this is the reason why i still play it. ill rage about devs decisions, ill curse about classes “ballance” but in the end i will still play cuz its the only1 that suits my mood.
tried black desert, and i dislike the controlls and the way combat is done, the lack of fluidity in chain skills etc.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Comparing BD with GW has no meaning at all. The games are totally different.

BD is typically a game for those who like to PK and brag about how nice they look with outfits bought for real money. You can’t get nice looking gear at all by playing, it has to be bought.
Also, you are not safe after lvl. 50: everyone can fight everyone than, and you lose exp for every death.
Than chat channels are spammed with gold sellers. Dispite the fact that you can’t even trade with other players ingame.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

All we need is more raids and “challenging group content”. Gating all legendary

Oh .. and introduce a new race, but remove all current armor sets, because it
is too much work to make them fit for the new race. As compensation we get
some outfits for free.

I see what you did there.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Man, for a moment there I would have sworn you were talking about the Manifesto.

GW2 did a lot of things really well. I hope it can get back to that place.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

gender/agelocking and idle gameplay zzzzz

no end to how bad KR games are.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

BDO wins.

GG ez nub gw2 get rekt l2p

Attachments:

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if anything BDO has the battle system down a bit better, just as chaotic but it does feel more solid.