GuildWars 1 mobile

GuildWars 1 mobile

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

With today release of Final Fantasy 7 on IOS I don’t see any reason GiuldWars1 couldn’t be ported over to the mobile platform. The first PC I played the game on had fare less power then today’s mobile devices. This would bring new life to that game and generate more income for Anet. They are charging $16 for FF7, I’d gladly pay that much if not more to be able to play GW1 on my phone or ipad.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

I can’t see that sort of port every working comfortably. All the mobile Final Fantasys have locked cameras at a specific angle, making the switch to a touch screen platform realistic. Guild Wars has way more things to worry about and micromanage on screen. To port they would have to cut serious amounts of content and potentially even lock the camera is a specific position.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Time and Money. The biggest reason not to do that.

To do the port over they’d have to hire people to do the port. Not just the coding, but making the interface more suitable for mobile technology, testing etc. Can you honestly say that they’d make the money back (and more) if they did a port over to mobile?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Man, I just can’t imagine being able to cram that much interface into such a small screen.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

With today release of Final Fantasy 7 on IOS I don’t see any reason GiuldWars1 couldn’t be ported over to the mobile platform. The first PC I played the game on had fare less power then today’s mobile devices. This would bring new life to that game and generate more income for Anet. They are charging $16 for FF7, I’d gladly pay that much if not more to be able to play GW1 on my phone or ipad.

final fantasy 7 is a game that was on the first generation of sony playstation. it had the graphics of a gameboy color. guild wars was released eight years later to my knowledge. with a much better engine and graphics capability. point being, playing final fantasy 7 on an iphone 6 would be like playing pokemon red on a game boy. current iphones have vastly more processing power than PS1’s, and can run a game like FF7 very smoothly. Maybe not so much guild wars, or it would, and my phone would blow up after a week.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

final fantasy 7 is a game that was on the first generation of sony playstation. it had the graphics of a gameboy color. guild wars was released eight years later to my knowledge. with a much better engine and graphics capability. point being, playing final fantasy 7 on an iphone 6 would be like playing pokemon red on a game boy. current iphones have vastly more processing power than PS1’s, and can run a game like FF7 very smoothly. Maybe not so much guild wars, or it would, and my phone would blow up after a week.

Not to.mention the size of GW1. I think its around 5-6 gig. I know phones are getting big memory these days, but not everyone springs for the 32gig + option, by the time you add you music and apps, you would be out of space. Nit to mention the heat you phone would produce. If I play asphalt 8 on my windows phone for longer that 10 mins, I’m willing to bet I could cook an egg on it. That can’t be good for the phone.

Also, I’d rather they focus on GW2. I still play GW1 and love it. But it’s done. It will be where it in now. PC only, till the servers are switched off.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Guild Wars 1 is essentially an abandoned game. It no longer has Support. If you have an ncsoft email as your login and didn’t change it to another email, that account was terminated. It’s gone now. There is no way they are going to put the resources into converting a game they have turned their back on.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Not to.mention the size of GW1. I think its around 5-6 gig. I know phones are getting big memory these days, but not everyone springs for the 32gig + option, by the time you add you music and apps, you would be out of space. Nit to mention the heat you phone would produce. If I play asphalt 8 on my windows phone for longer that 10 mins, I’m willing to bet I could cook an egg on it. That can’t be good for the phone.

Also, I’d rather they focus on GW2. I still play GW1 and love it. But it’s done. It will be where it in now. PC only, till the servers are switched off.

5-6 gigs if we’re only talking about Prophecies. I think the entire run of GW (including Beyond) was about 15-20.

I think GW would go free-to-play before we see it on another platform.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

5-6 gigs if we’re only talking about Prophecies. I think the entire run of GW (including Beyond) was about 15-20.

I think GW would go free-to-play before we see it on another platform.

Nope. It’s 4.39GB’s for Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and EoTN. Source – my GW1 dat file.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

This, + OP has no idea how much such development costs.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I can’t even imagine how impossible it would be to play GW1 on a tiny toughscreen.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

GW1 can be played very smoothly on a Surface Pro 3 anywhere you have internet. That is about as mobile as I think you’ll get.

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Put it up on Nvidia Grid

GuildWars 1 mobile

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

No way could you play it on that little screen. You wouldnt be able to see anything. Even a large phone. Maybe a tablet. But even then pvp would be very difficult. Touch screen turning would be far worse than keyboard turning.