Posted by: Gundeman.5792

Gundeman.5792

Found these pictures of places in both Gw and Gw2:

http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/tyria-now-ascalon/

GuildWars and GuildWars2 comparison

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

Bring back so many memories. I didn’t see it in the pictures but you can see one of the Temple of Ages statues in the bottom of the lake from Guild Wars 1 around the same location in Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Fun fact: Did you know that Guild Wars 2 was originally meant to be an expansion for Guild Wars?

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Fun fact: Did you know that Guild Wars 2 was originally meant to be an expansion for Guild Wars?

That is not strictly true. What was true was that there was an campaign in the works named Utopia, which was scrapped and then reused for Eye of the North and Guild Wars 2.

The chronomancer for example was originally planned for Utopia, so where the Sylvari (but under another name) and the Asura.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

That is not strictly true. What was true was that there was an campaign in the works named Utopia, which was scrapped and then reused for Eye of the North and Guild Wars 2.

The chronomancer for example was originally planned for Utopia, so where the Sylvari (but under another name) and the Asura.

From what I understand there was another name as well, something to do with Wolves or whatever. It would’ve added the dynamic event system to GW1 at the time.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

#TheSearing #NeverForget

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

“I was once a boy in these lands” – Prince Rurik; Ruins of Surmia.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)