Guilds bonuses need to go or be redesigned

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vash.1852

Vash.1852

Currently there is zero reason to remain in a small guild. Why stay in a small guild with no bonuses when you can join a large one and benefit from 24/7 bonuses. I have a guild, we started out only inviting friends, family, and by referral. We then realized that we would never be able to fully benefit from the guild system if we kept doing so. Lately we have been trying to invite anyone as long as they seemed to be smart. The problem is everyone already has a guild that is much larger and has 24/7 bonuses and therefor refuses to represent us, which means our guild never gains influence to grow. In my opinion something has to change.

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

You can purchase influence pretty cheaply. I think it’s like 2 silver per 100. If you’re in a small guild you can easily get the same amount of bonuses as a large guild if you’re willing to dish out some gold. While leveling from 1-80 I started my own guild because I didn’t want to be in anyone elses and was tired of getting invites. I managed to purchase all of the upgrades I wanted by myself. There’s no reason to remove them or change them in any way.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

May I ask what you wanted to be able to do as a small guild that the current system hampers? I’m curious as I’m not too familiar with the system despite being in a guild.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Vash.1852

We shouldn’t have to pay money for something that larger guilds get for free.

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

This crap didn’t wash in WoW and isn’t going to wash here. If you want the rewards do the work for it. Stop hindering those who want to excel because you haven’t got the capacity to do so.

Vash.1852

We don’t want anything for free. We just want the people we invite to represent us which isn’t going to happen unless the current bonus system changes.

Vash.1852

The most easy fix I can think of would be to let players gain influence for any guild they are a part of and not just the one they currently represent. Which I personally don’t see a problem with.

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

If you don’t think larger guilds purchase influence scrolls as well then you’re crazy. If you want to be in a small guild you need to accept the fact that things are going to happen at a slower pace. If you wish to speed up that pace then you can easily do so, and it’s quite cheap I might add.

Posted by: Syrek.3708

Syrek.3708

Oh boy there’s me and my problem with fixed numbers again.
Decrease “influence gain by action” the more people there are in the guild you are currently representing.
This would balance out small guilds with very active players against large guilds with many rather casual players.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

I dont like the fact you have to be in the same area to enjoy banners dropped by the guild…I never get any bonuses when my gui;d uses their banners.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Honestly, I fail to see the problem. Larger guilds get stuff a bit easier yes, but you lose the friendly atmosphere that a lot of small guilds have. Being in a small guild just means it will take longer to earn some of those Guild upgrades etc.

I’m in a 2 person guild with my father, and we’re the only two in it, and we can still earn a couple hundred influence per day, just by fooling around and playing for a few hours. It goes up much quicker when we go into WvW and join the local horde.