Guilds have earned 4 Commendations already.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

How is it possible? Isn’t the weekly cap just 2? Patch is live for just 3 days as I’m writing this.

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Guilds have merits. Players have commendations. Which do you mean?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How is it possible? Isn’t the weekly cap just 2? Patch is live for just 3 days as I’m writing this.

2 per mission type. Also, likely, different tiers count separately. The original info said you could get maximum of 12 commendations per week in a fully upgraded guild.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Its not Weekly its DAILY Rewarded, just gotta wait 24 hours…not reset on daily its reset when you did them first..

I have 4 commendations and we only have Guild bounties unlocked..

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

And I have none, because my guild is too small and doesn’t have Art of War.

Thanks for making us quit the game. We were really waiting for this guild content.

Leman

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Thanks for making us quit the game. We were really waiting for this guild content.

I feel for you, i’m sorry and i understand completely, i was just explaining how it works..

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

My guild also is small. Only one active user to be honest, me. At most my guild hit 5 or 6 active members and that was for about a week. Most changed servers to go with WvWvW guilds or to find more PVP locations. I, however, am very much a PVE player. As result I have R3 Politics, R2 Economy, R3 Architechure. With this I still have over 5k banked in my Guild Rep. That’s just from me. So how a small guild with more active players is unable to build up, well…not sure what to say.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

PadmaN.7820

Guilds have merits. Players have commendations. Which do you mean?

Read the topic name. By guilds I meant members of some guilds ofc.

Its not Weekly its DAILY Rewarded, just gotta wait 24 hours…not reset on daily its reset when you did them first..

I have 4 commendations and we only have Guild bounties unlocked..

Are you sure its DAILY? I’ve heared that weekly cap accidentaly reset after patch. If its daily there should be guilds with even 6 Commendations already.

(edited by PadmaN.7820)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Don’t make sense at all. I was watching twitch and the guild event designer says the guild commendation is weekly and reset at sunday.

So how is it possible people have 4?

PadmaN.7820

Please don’t make offtopic here guys. Add something usefull to the actual thread topic.

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

My guild also is small. Only one active user to be honest, me. At most my guild hit 5 or 6 active members and that was for about a week. Most changed servers to go with WvWvW guilds or to find more PVP locations. I, however, am very much a PVE player. As result I have R3 Politics, R2 Economy, R3 Architechure. With this I still have over 5k banked in my Guild Rep. That’s just from me. So how a small guild with more active players is unable to build up, well…not sure what to say.

My old guild was almost the same. i had like 5 active users. yet everyweekend we always had 3 days for guild boost active(MF 500 gi,Exp 1500gi, and Harvesting 500gi) we did that for like 5 or so weeks and usely hovered aroiund 5k gi banked. The best way for small guild to do guild missions is to party together and play. you gain more influnce that way and better loot too. all a guild really needs is 5+ active players to get them.

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

PadmaN.7820

Guys, if u wanna continue this talk about smaller guilds being punished by Guild Missions system there’s already a thread for this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/page/31#post1552776

Here we just talk about Commendations, their weekly/daily caps and how some ppl were able to get 4 Commendations within 3 days from patch.
Thank you.

Posted by: Sowin.5187

Sowin.5187

I apologize if you feel like we went off topic on your thread. It looked to me like your answer was given in the first few responses.

PadmaN.7820

Well, its still not clear.
If reset is Weekly, why ppl have 4 already?
If reset is Daily, why ppl dont have 6 already?
My guess would be that today’s patch accidentaly reset Commendation weekly cap.

I’ve asked one guy with 4 Commendations how did he get them.
He said that his guild did Bounty right after patch on Tuesday and got 2.
The next day they tried again and didnt get any BUT they did it few hours earlier than the day before.
They tried once more today and got 2 more.

That adds one more possibility: Commendations cap resets after 24h from last kill.

Now you pick what is right answer…

(edited by PadmaN.7820)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

well I got 2 comms today at about 5:00PM EST… we are doing more missions tomorrow as well. Either way i’ll try and come back and post what I do or don’t get.

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Just one question, is the reward per character or per account?

Posted by: Blackhair.6245

Blackhair.6245

From my understanding you get 2 commendations per tier once a week. So far my guilds only done bounty missions tier 1 and tier 2 and I have 4 commendations. So with 3 tiers of bounty, I assume you can get 6 commendations from that each week. Not sure about the other guild missions though.

Also, I don’t think it’s daily. I have participated in two tier 1 bounties on two separate days and only received the reward the first time.

(edited by Blackhair.6245)

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

From my understanding you get 2 commendations per tier once a week. So far my guilds only done bounty missions tier 1 and tier 2 and I have 4 commendations. So with 3 tiers of bounty, I assume you can get 6 commendations from that each week. Not sure about the other guild missions though.

Also, I don’t think it’s daily. I have participated in two tier 1 bounties on two separate days and only received the reward the first time.

Thanks man! I am searching for this answer all day but does anyone know is it per character or per account? If I use other alt toons, will I get the rewards again?

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

It isn’t per tier.

If I had to guess the weekly commendations reset the same time as WvW. Therefore some people have gotten the weekly twice (4 commendations), others once (2 commendations).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I started my guild of one about 4 weeks ago. I earn between 1k and 1.5k influence a week. I purchased 30,000 influence to speed things up. But its still going to take over a year to unlock all the content with my current rate and actual active members who are willing to rep are hard to come by now with the guild missions and the way they were implemented.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Anet needs to speak the kitten up already. Im so sick of trying to piece together their content.

This should have been outlined in detail

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It looks like the week resets the same time WvW dose. So i guess they did it befor the switch and then just after.

As for every thing else ppl are chatting about it has nothing to do with this person is asking about and there is a thread about this try going there before spamming the forms head to tow with your view points on something that was not asked for.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

Just one question, is the reward per character or per account?

Per account.

You only need to kill one bounty target to get the personal bonus. Killing all the targets gets your guild the merit rewards.

You do not get extra rewards for completing higher tiers. The only added reward is more merits for your guild, but that too is capped at a certain amount per week and per Mission. At tier 1 in Bounties, completing the Mission gets your guild its 15 merits. Completing tier 2 gets your guild its 20 merits. Completing tier 3 gets your guild its 25 cap merits for that Mission. You get the max amount of the tier you complete, but they do not stack.

So if you complete tier 1 then your guild gets 15 merits. If you complete tier 2 then your guild gets 20 merits. If you complete tier 1 and tier 2, then your guild still only gets 20 merits.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

PadmaN.7820

The guy I spoke to that had 4 commendations had them BEFORE WvW reset but AFTER 01.03 Patch. I still think the reset date is still unknown but latest patch accidentaly reset the weekly cap.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

How about a little lemon juice on that cut?!

You can say whatever you want. I don’t care about an arrogant reply from some random PvEr. But go one, continue adding your pointless posts protecting the current system.

Fact is, the content discriminates smaller guilds and it caused me and my guild literally leave the game in a period of 2 days after patch.

Leman

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’ve got 4. It went like this:

Tuesday, Tier 1 Bounty – 2 commendations
Wednesday, all 3 Bounty Tiers – 0 commendations
Friday, Tier 1 Bounty – 2 commendations

There was a reset in there somewhere, not sure if it was the weekly reset or if one of the patches reset it. Whatever it was it happened sometime between Wednesday and Friday evenings.

(note: all of our raid times are within an hour after daily reset)

(edited by Karizee.8076)

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

You can say whatever you want. I don’t care about an arrogant reply from some random PvEr. But go one, continue adding your pointless posts protecting the current system.

Fact is, the content discriminates smaller guilds and it caused me and my guild literally leave the game in a period of 2 days after patch.

Oh no! The game got new content, let’s leave this game before developers get that crazy idea to give us even more of it! That would be tragic.

It’s GUILD Wars 2. Not Happy Circle Of Friends Wars 2. Hopefully the ‘wars’ part arrives someday too.

Also you had half a year to get a little over 100g. That’s the amount you would have to pay to buy influence to get missions rolling from scratch in a 1-man guild that isn’t even playing the game.

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

It looks like the week resets the same time WvW dose. So i guess they did it befor the switch and then just after.

That’s the answer. Some guilds got a jump on day one and did the first hunt immediately, and got 2 Comms. Then, there were problems: some of these guilds got a big jump too, and got a “Mission Failed” message even though they killed all bounties. That led to a hotfix the next day, and an accidental reset of the weekly bonus when they reset the month early (remember getting a new monthly on the 28th instead of the 1st?). The guildies that did bounties on the first day and DIDN’T have it bug got 4 comms.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

are fun the mission ?

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Dude stop crying, honestly. Small guilds have their benefits too. They are a tighter community. Big guilds usually arnt, but they have tons of influence. Even in a guild of 400 people I only see 60 active, and I know about 10 of them. Thats it. You make it look like your the victim and its annoying.

PadmaN.7820

That’s the answer. Some guilds got a jump on day one and did the first hunt immediately, and got 2 Comms. Then, there were problems: some of these guilds got a big jump too, and got a “Mission Failed” message even though they killed all bounties. That led to a hotfix the next day, and an accidental reset of the weekly bonus when they reset the month early (remember getting a new monthly on the 28th instead of the 1st?). The guildies that did bounties on the first day and DIDN’T have it bug got 4 comms.

Nope..

The guy I spoke to that had 4 commendations had them BEFORE WvW reset but AFTER 01.03 Patch. I still think the reset date is still unknown but latest patch accidentaly reset the weekly cap.

I wish we had a Dev response on this..

(edited by PadmaN.7820)

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I did my first bounty yesturday at 5:00 PM EST (2 hours before daily reset). I got my 2 comms.

After WvW reset (today) at 3:00 PM my guild did another mission, got 0 comms.

After daily reset my guild did yet another daily mission. got 0 comms.

So it does NOT reset with the daily, with WvW or after 24 hours. It is some other as of yet unknown time for reset.

Posted by: Dragon.4728

Dragon.4728

It is not daily reward, not tier weekly reward -you can get 2 commendations for one guild mission in one week -so as of today you shoud have just 2 as most of us have.

Guild with 4 commnedations are those which were able buy guild mission rigth after the patch (cost roughly 330k of influence) and complete it rigth away – becouse when monthly achiv changed it was reset (1.3.2013). So they can run it two times in one week.

Nothing more nothing else

Posted by: jbera.6958

jbera.6958

Just thought I would chime in by saying that my guild did our first bounty today PRE-DAILY RESET and we all got 2 commendations (did a Tier 2). After reset we did a Tier 3 and again got 2 commendations for 4 in total despite this being our first day doing them.

It would be nice to get a straight answer on what resets and when. Multiple places give different thoughts on the matter and its turning into a confusing mess of misinformation…

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

4 commendations? Get ready to crap bricks…. saw this a couple hours ago:

Attachments:

Posted by: Saintly.8062

Saintly.8062

I currently have 6, so I think there is more to it.

ZudetGambeous.9573

well at this point I think it’s safe to assume there is something seriously messed up with guild comms.

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

So it seems it’s possible to win 10 commendations for bounty each week, if you are in 5 guilds and if all that guilds do bounty missions, you can earn 2 guild commendations for each guild.

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

So it seems it’s possible to win 10 commendations for bounty each week, if you are in 5 guilds and if all that guilds do bounty missions, you can earn 2 guild commendations for each guild.

It’s actually 6 per guild, each rank counts independently. So you can get a total of 30 commendations per weak JUST from bounty hunt.

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

It’s actually 6 per guild, each rank counts independently. So you can get a total of 30 commendations per weak JUST from bounty hunt.

Everyone that i talked that had more than 4/6 commendations, told me that each rank/tier don’t give more commendations, that they only won 2 the begining, more 2 after the reset and the others from playing in different guilds. You can win 12 commendations for week for each guild that have all mission unlocked, so you can win 60 guild commendations each week. That’s like 5 ascended accessory for week lol Don’t know if this is working as intended or not.

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Posted by: henry.1420

henry.1420

From my experience, it is a daily chest
I got 2 commendations from saturday at around 1PM doing tier 1, and I just got them once again at around 4PM today also doing tier 1.

Posted by: jbera.6958

jbera.6958

From my experience, it is a daily chest
I got 2 commendations from saturday at around 1PM doing tier 1, and I just got them once again at around 4PM today also doing tier 1.

This is because the reset is supposedly on Saturdays (which is weird, why not Fridays like WvW?). So you hit the weekly reset, not the daily reset.

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Right guys let me explain why this is.

Saturday at midnight gmt is Mission reset, if you did a mission before that reset you could earn 2 commedations and if you do one this week you get another 2.

I have 2 myself and run a large guild so trust me on this one.

Its not a daily chest. people misunderstand because they did one saturday day pre reset and one sunday.

its once per week.

Posted by: henry.1420

henry.1420

Right guys let me explain why this is.

Saturday at midnight gmt is Mission reset, if you did a mission before that reset you could earn 2 commedations and if you do one this week you get another 2.

I have 2 myself and run a large guild so trust me on this one.

Its not a daily chest. people misunderstand because they did one saturday day pre reset and one sunday.

its once per week.

So you are saying reset is saturday at 7pm EST?
I will do it again tomorrow afternoon to make sure

Posted by: Those Who Remain.1987

Those Who Remain.1987

We started yesterday with the guild and got 2 commndations, after hearing about the reset we did it again and got another 2.

Our guild managed to get 4 and I can personally vouch against the ‘commendations for each tier’, as I did tier 1,2 and 3 yesterday and got only credited for one of them with the chest pop-up.

Other guilds may have unlocked treks or may have found an exploit within the system?

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i have 0, i dont envy them.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

More then like its a lie can NOW get 4 may be 6 (if your guild rushed the next guild event and you done it by now). Its like the gold post that has well over 900 gold its a trick you can even changes what color your typing in.
I invoke the rule of the internet Pic or it did not happen (No the pic of a person saying and linking to you is not going to cut it) it must be in some one inventory pic of there bank or bags.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

ZudetGambeous.9573

Different guilds should not reward the extra comms, I imagine that’s an exploit or a bug. Most guilds don’t even allow you to be in multiple guilds.

I can confirm that the weekly reset at daily reset time last night. Also that it does not reset with every daily. I got another 2 comms today after the research.

There were guilds today claiming they could run guild puzzles so there is obviously some sort of exploit going on or something we are missing.

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Everyone that i talked that had more than 4/6 commendations, told me that each rank/tier don’t give more commendations, that they only won 2 the begining, more 2 after the reset and the others from playing in different guilds.

So all big guilds have to do is making alt-guilds – if they didn´t have them already – and maybe some “guild-hopping” and commendations are coming rolling in?

Looking at the alternative costs (40 Laurels) I can´t imagine that ANet sees that as “intended”. Horrible enough if they really didn´t think about that and in my opinion this would be an exploit (should be easy to trek people with 6+ commendations though).

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Guild Merit or Guild Commendation? There are two different currencies here.

Guild Merits (the guild currency) resets on Sunday, which means if you did a Guild Bounty on Friday and on Sunday you will get rewarded for both.

Guild Commendations work differently, you can certainly get only once per day (per mission) but not sure if you have to wait a week for them to reset as well (like Merits)