Guildwars2 "The Fixening"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I am so glad the LS is finally ending.. i hope the pressure will be off the dev team for a bit and i hope with all my heart that the next period will be one of evaluation and getting the team to do some patching to the core.

Guildwars2 “The fixening” should be the next patch name! would go well with rebuilding LA.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Not going to happen.

With ESO right around the corner, ANet probably feels pressured to put out some more content on the March 28 release.

Season 2 and WvW will be priority, and the bugs from release will still survive some more monthes.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Meh. No need to fear skyrim multiplayer. ESO is subpar to GW2 in many ways. Ppl will try it out and then come back again.

Only time will tell.
ANet should better start to take a look at ESOs AvA though, it works far better than WvW in GW2.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Not going to happen.

With ESO right around the corner, ANet probably feels pressured to put out some more content on the March 28 release.

Season 2 and WvW will be priority, and the bugs from release will still survive some more monthes.

WvW Spring Tournament starts on march 28th. Alot of players actually came back during wvw season 1 and i expect alot of people will play during the spring tourney.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

What about Final Fantasy XIV? I bought it, but haven’t played it yet. I might try it, if there would be a break in LS updates.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

What about Final Fantasy XIV? I bought it, but haven’t played it yet. I might try it, if there would be a break in LS updates.

FF14 is okay, but it lacks enough PvE content when I played it at release. They have enough content to get one class up to the level cap (or at least close to it) but once you want to level anything else up you’ll have to grind.

They do cool things with the classes since your one character can be all the classes, and then you can get an advanced class by leveling two specific classes to certain levels. But if you want to get other classes up to the cap you’d have to do the equivalent of a Queensdale champ train which isn’t fun at all.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Pressure? From ESO? ESO is not a threat.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Well, yes, they are planning on releasing a large balance/fix patch soon after the LS ends. However, Anet has also said that this finale will be epic. In which case, I’m expecting not only and end to this LS, but an obvious lead-up to the next LS. If we see a gigantic dragon rise out of the ground beneath LA, or watch as Scarlet’s machine splits Tyria in 2, or opens a portal to Cantha….we’re gonna be enticed to stick around.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Yep, but most MMOs will lose some players to ESO for the first month because there are players that will go try the new hot MMO that was just released. They’ll do the whole “blaze through the content in record time before the first free month is done” and then return to whatever game they came from.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Not going to happen.

Meh. No need to fear skyrim multiplayer. ESO is subpar to GW2 in many ways. Ppl will try it out and then come back again.

Calling ESO “Skyrim multiplayer” would be an insult to Skyrim.

Valar Morghulis

Kaiyanwan.8521

Calling ESO “Skyrim multiplayer” would be an insult to Skyrim.

At least, ESO feels more as a part of Elder Scrolls, than GW2 feels related to GW1…

But I have to confirm, that most people would have been happy with just a Skyrim multiplayer mode… ^^

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I suspect the China release is sapping most of the devs time. Once that’s out the door maybe we’d see the “fixening”.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Yep, but most MMOs will lose some players to ESO for the first month because there are players that will go try the new hot MMO that was just released. They’ll do the whole “blaze through the content in record time before the first free month is done” and then return to whatever game they came from.

it’ll end up like with Diablo III fever.

In the end people will say with embarrassment that it was their worst game investment of the year, just like with D3 :v

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I expect the finale will be big. Bigger than the current event, which has sparked so much investment in time and creativity. I’ve seen several players gone for months come back for this event and develop RP from it that’s grabbed me by the throat and shook hard. Even after I got the meta and the halo, I still kept going back in to save civilians so I could continue to experience the event, just as I did with the Marionette.

If they don’t top this with something even grander, I’ll be very surprised and disappointed.

As to ESO, I did the beta this weekend and it wasn’t nearly as bad as people seem to think. Aesthetically and mechanically I vastly prefer GW2, but I have to say ESO’s starter lands are far more immersive than GW2’s. All the NPCs have personalities, there are little side quests all over, and the tone’s enough darker to make me feel I’m really in a land under threat. Even the dancing is culturally appropriate. I want that in Tyria!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Only time will tell.
ANet should better start to take a look at ESOs AvA though, it works far better than WvW in GW2.

AvA has SO many infractable possibilities…

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

ESO is really a below average game in every way. I’ve detailed a better post on this elsewhere but basically it’s a very lackluster game that doesn’t bring anything new to the table.

Many of the games like ESO, LOTRO, SWTOR, Rift would have been great games had they released instead of WoW. They didn’t though. They each try small tweaks to a gameplay style that is around 10 years old. ESO may get some players to start but I don’t think it has the longevity GW2 has; those players will be back.

The age of sub MMOs is over. Let alone moves like paywalled races at launch.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

ESO is really a below average game in every way. I’ve detailed a better post on this elsewhere but basically it’s a very lackluster game that doesn’t bring anything new to the table.

Many of the games like ESO, LOTRO, SWTOR, Rift would have been great games had they released instead of WoW. They didn’t though. They each try small tweaks to a gameplay style that is around 10 years old. ESO may get some players to start but I don’t think it has the longevity GW2 has; those players will be back.

The age of sub MMOs is over. Let alone moves like paywalled races at launch.

mmorpgs have gone as high as they can go, really. In the past couple of years there hasn’t been significant innovation in how mmorpgs are developed and played, except GW2’s combat system (at least for me).
The only way companies/developers can go is hybridization, BUT the costs for something that MIGHT fail is too high these days.

Devona’s Rest