Guys,what is going on anymore? I am so lost..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evagal.2584

Evagal.2584

Alright, I’ve become incredibly lost and fed up with this issue at this point.
So we all know about ascended gear, and infusions, ect.

Okay..so here is my source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13gj0p/ascended_gear_and_infusions_how_to_make_them_and/

Naturally if I was to participate in getting ascended gear, I need a back piece.

+17 Power
+24 Toughness
+1% Critical Damage
+32 Toughness
+18 Power
+4% Critical Damage
Yeah, that looks good. Materials?

1 Vial of Condensed Mists Essence- havent gotten one yet, but alright.
50 Globs of Ectoplasm- little steep, but i guess it is a brand new back piece.
24 skill points- alright, sure.
250 Teir 6 fine crafting material- um..what?
And that 250 tier 6 is for my piece is…armored scales!
The only time i’ve ever farmed armored scales is when i need some for a weapon I was crafting. After 2.5-3 hours of farming drakes (in MF gear), i ended up with…2!
And Balthazaar knows i probably hit the DR before the first one even kitten dropped..

Moving along..
We need to infuse this gear,yeah? Lets see..

Base back slot item-Okay..
Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence- Havent gotten one still,but alright..
Gift of Ascension- 500 fractal shards…thats pretty annoying,but alright?
250 Globs of Ectoplasm-LOL? Are we catering to those that got rich via exploiting the precursor farming? (And sure, ecto isnt THAT expensive, but a whole stack for ONE piece?)

So, at this point, the “end game” achievement..is a fractal weapon. You need the ascended gear to get there, ect, and those are basically the “end goal” from the high fractal difficulties.

Except…hell, i wont even try to guess how many people will actually make it there.

But the problem is..WHY IS EVERYTHING LIKE THIS?
WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EXPENSIVE/REQUIRES A kitten AMOUNT OF MATERIALS?
WHY AM I REQUIRED TO GAIN A LARGE AMOUNT OF MATERIALS IN A GAME THAT HAS VERY STRICT REGULATIONS WHEN IT COMES TO GRINDING?

Seriously? I am required to have absurd materials, which requires me to grind, but I cannot do that because of diminishing returns and grind regulations.

What is going on anymore?

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Welcome to Guild Wars 2 2.0. New game direction taking place.

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Fellow forumites, should I tell the OP what the Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence is…or is he in enough pain already?

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13gj0p/ascended_gear_and_infusions_how_to_make_them_and/

Naturally if I was to participate in getting ascended gear, I need a back piece.

+17 Power
+24 Toughness
+1% Critical Damage
+32 Toughness
+18 Power
+4% Critical Damage

The only time i’ve ever farmed armored scales is when i need some for a weapon I was crafting. After 2.5-3 hours of farming drakes (in MF gear), i ended up with…2!
And Balthazaar knows i probably hit the DR before the first one even kitten dropped..

Moving along..

250 Globs of Ectoplasm-LOL? Are we catering to those that got rich via exploiting the precursor farming? (And sure, ecto isnt THAT expensive, but a whole stack for ONE piece?)

So, at this point, the “end game” achievement..is a fractal weapon. You need the ascended gear to get there, ect, and those are basically the “end goal” from the high fractal difficulties.

Except…hell, i wont even try to guess how many people will actually make it there.

WHY AM I REQUIRED TO GAIN A LARGE AMOUNT OF MATERIALS IN A GAME THAT HAS VERY STRICT REGULATIONS WHEN IT COMES TO GRINDING?

Seriously? I am required to have absurd materials, which requires me to grind, but I cannot do that because of diminishing returns and grind regulations.

I find your issue hi·lar·i·ous since obviously you can’t be telling an underlining truth. NO YOU LIE!

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Arenanet promised us a game without a grind and for some reason they decided to do a full 180.

Try to compete with WoW. Bad mistake.

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

“The PvP based game with no grinding and farming”

That was the reason why i pre-purchased GW2…But the turn out….

Game will just lose the GW2* population , while trying to obtain grinder/farmer population.

Sad…Just…Sad…

GW2 was a different kind of MMO game with it’s own mechanics.But now since they pulled out their grind/farm idea , they need to compete with other farming/grinding MMOs , and sry but gonna lose.

(edited by Quentin Fields.1295)

Revolution.6301

Fellow forumites, should I tell the OP what the Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence is…or is he in enough pain already?

TELL THE OP. TELL THE OP. TELL THE OP.

Btw what are they? :O

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Why do all the items used in this game sound like they are from a futuristic medical textbook used to treat alien cold and flu symptoms?

Revolution.6301

+17 Power
+24 Toughness
+1% Critical Damage
+32 Toughness
+18 Power
+4% Critical Damage

Moving along..

do you like kittens? You use the word alot.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

FINISH HIM!!!

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

They are not a drop, but a composite that requires 5 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence…of which the OP hasn’t got any yet.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

They are not a drop, but a composite that requires 5 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence…of which the OP hasn’t got any yet.

As if regular mists essence was not enough, now you need the condensed version! I bet there is pulp in there too. Ewwwwwwwww.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

In case that didn’t finish him, I’m at difficulty 9, did some re-runs too at lower difficulties (I just like the dungeon itself, they actually made it fun to play at least)

I have 2 of those vials

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

It’s just what Guild Wars 2 is, and what pretty much every other MMO is. To get the best item in slot in every slot is just really expensive and time consuming. Most players don’t get there fully. There’s a couple reasons it seems more frustrating in this game.

1) It’s still new. Look at the first months of GW1 and getting some runes and their prices. Or gathering 60 platinum for the 15k armor. This certainly got easier as time went on (though even this isn’t really true because of the 1 or 1.5k armor. Runes still hold though).

2) We were expecting to continue to get to max stats in the same time we were doing it as we left Guild Wars 1. You could put hardly any effort, at all, into being as strong as anyone (Superior Vigor rune may or may not be included, depending on your view of money in Guild Wars 1, but 9 less health is certainly not comparative to the stat difference from exotic to ascended.)

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

+17 Power
+24 Toughness
+1% Critical Damage
+32 Toughness
+18 Power
+4% Critical Damage

Moving along..

Lol what? I stopped playing when they introduced ascended gear just because I didn’t want to be constantly chasing items regardless of how difficult they were to get. But this… this is rediculous. If Anet was having problems with bots before, it will be nothing compared to what’s about to start with this kind of grind. Diablo 3 is the prime example of a game designed around grinding and look at the state of botting in it.

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

Is this true? If so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kwXNVCaxY

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

+17 Power
+24 Toughness
+1% Critical Damage
+32 Toughness
+18 Power
+4% Critical Damage

Moving along..

I laughed so hard. OMG! =))

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

You can get the backpiece in your own time. All you really need is agony defense, and when you start needing it, the game gives you one from a chest.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

Is this true? If so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kwXNVCaxY

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

manifesto u-turn. we have been lied to.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

AcidicVision.5498

Which part?

Here is a link for you to refresh yourself…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

Give me a quote and a time where they did this supposed u-turn and how it could have never ever applied before the Lost shores update.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Which part?

Give me a quote and a time where they did this supposed u-turn and how it could have never ever applied before the Lost shores update.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Yes-or-No-Manifesto-Represents-the-Game

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Yosoy Tupapi.2913

Yosoy Tupapi.2913

You can get the backpiece in your own time. All you really need is agony defense, and when you start needing it, the game gives you one from a chest.

You can’t get the backpiece in your own time. If you don’t rush for it now and try to start next month with lfg fotm lvl1, good luck

AcidicVision.5498

Which part?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Yes-or-No-Manifesto-Represents-the-Game

Right. As I thought. There was no u-turn. The only thing that could even remotely apply was about grind. And there was grind from day one. For Karma, or mats for exotics, or gold for exotics, or for legendaries, or dungeon tokens.

This patch was no HUGE departure from the manifesto and what we already had. So just give it up already.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

AcidicVision.5498

You can’t get the backpiece in your own time. If you don’t rush for it now and try to start next month with lfg fotm lvl1, good luck

Wrong again. The backpeices are made in the forge. And you can get the mats in your own time. The game GIVES you an ascended ring from a chest when you get past lvl 10. Which is when you start needing agony protection. And infusions you get from the vendor with the Fractal tokens.

Srsly. It’s like most of you didn’t even bother looking into these things before just jumping on the hate wagon.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Which part?

Right. As I thought. There was no u-turn. The only thing that could even remotely apply was about grind. And there was grind from day one. For Karma, or mats for exotics, or gold for exotics, or for legendaries, or dungeon tokens.

This patch was no HUGE departure from the manifesto and what we already had. So just give it up already.

The only real grind prior to this patch was for legendaries. The manifesto stated the only thing you should grind for is aesthetics. Guess what? Legendaries were purely aesthetic!

So, now we have ascended gear… this stuff takes almost as much effort as a legendary to get but it’s not just aesthetic. There are rather sizable stat increases compared to exotics. So, guess what? The manifesto no longer holds.

So yeah, please, just give it up already.

AcidicVision.5498

The manifesto stated the only thing you should grind for is aesthetics. Guess what? Legendaries were purely aesthetic!

Ok, which part in the manifesto said that. Give me the quote. Give me the time. Where in that video does it say a single thing about grinding for aesthetics, or mention gear progression at all?

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Posted by: Leonard.2867

Leonard.2867

@Alberel Leonhart.9640

Have you not already seen all the complaints about the Legendary requirements? The track to obtain a Legendary is a complete grind fest, or Black Lion Stock Trader. To get a legendary you have to do nothing… NOTHING… of what the original intent was: To explore all of Tyria. And the item was to be a progression, like a visual title. The implementation of the Legendary was a failure. I almost quit the game after I saw a video only one month after game release. It was when game designer talked about how people was now close to, or already had, their legendary. What a joke that Black Lion Stock Traders did not have to explore Tyria.

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

@Alberel Leonhart.9640

Have you not already seen all the complaints about the Legendary requirements? The track to obtain a Legendary is a complete grind fest, or Black Lion Stock Trader. To get a legendary you have to do nothing… NOTHING… of what the original intent was: To explore all of Tyria. And the item was to be a progression, like a visual title. The implementation of the Legendary was a failure. I almost quit the game after I saw a video only one month after game release. It was when game designer talked about how people was now close to, or already had, their legendary. What a joke that Black Lion Stock Traders did not have to explore Tyria.

did you miss the fact that before this patch, legendaries had the EXACT same stats as did exotics? Differences were purely cosmetic. The ANET pulled a shell game. they boosted legendaries, claimed there was a terrible gap, and used that as an excuse to insert ascended gear.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Yosoy Tupapi.2913

Wrong again. The backpeices are made in the forge. And you can get the mats in your own time. The game GIVES you an ascended ring from a chest when you get past lvl 10. Which is when you start needing agony protection. And infusions you get from the vendor with the Fractal tokens.

Srsly. It’s like most of you didn’t even bother looking into these things before just jumping on the hate wagon.

where do you get one of the mats you need ( Vial of Condensed Mists Essence) for the backpieces? from FotM. It’s not even being sold at TP right now. good luck starting that next month with lvl1 FotM.

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

The manifesto stated the only thing you should grind for is aesthetics. Guess what? Legendaries were purely aesthetic!

Ok, which part in the manifesto said that. Give me the quote. Give me the time. Where in that video does it say a single thing about grinding for aesthetics, or mention gear progression at all?

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games – we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
- Mike O’Brien

I hope you feel real stupid now, no offense by the way.

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

<snip>

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games – we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
- Mike O’Brien
<snip>

It is really hard to read this differently than it’s stated, but I’m sure many will try.

Zenith.1234

All I know is they closed the big thread so that should tell you they can careless. Who knows what will happen in the future but I know what I will be doing and it does not involve GW2 anymore, sad to say.

AcidicVision.5498

- Mike O’Brien

Where in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E Does it say that?
Time and quote please. That is the manifesto trailer everyone is saying they lied so horribly in. I want to know where IN THAT trailer they lied as of the Lost Shores patch.

Also, the quivers or tome recipes I believe only cost one essence? But there is a possibility that I am mistaken. And you have very good odds of getting that essence by just playing through the dungeon on the way to getting the ring and the tokens needed for the infusion. Now, if those recipes cost 250, or even 50 essences, then I would be agreeing with you 100% that it is a ridiculous requirement for a level of progression.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Actually, to get a Legendary you DO need to fully explore Tyria in order to obtain the Gift of Exploration. You also need a staggering amount of skill points, which necessitates going out and playing the game. Finally, you need a ton of Obsidian Shards, which are Account Bound and only obtainable via karma and, more recently, the Fractals dungeon. You can’t buy a Legendary through pure TP activities.

Leonard.2867

@Alberel Leonhart.9640

did you miss the fact that before this patch, legendaries had the EXACT same stats as did exotics? Differences were purely cosmetic. The ANET pulled a shell game. they boosted legendaries, claimed there was a terrible gap, and used that as an excuse to insert ascended gear.

How did I miss the fact? I do not want stat increase. GW2 Legendary Weapons = GW1 Obsidian Armor. I don’t want Acended gear. I don’t want increased stats on Legendary Weapons. I want Anet to fix what is broke. I don’t mind waiting a few more months to gain the necessary materials to have my legendary, ex. ectos. I don’t want to spend another 6 months after that gaining the necessary materials to get ascended gear, only to be out geared every 3 months; no matter how small the stat increases are.

Zenith.1234

- Mike O’Brien

Where in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E Does it say that?
Time and quote please. That is the manifesto trailer everyone is saying they lied so horribly in. I want to know where IN THAT trailer they lied as of the Lost Shores patch.

Also, the quivers or tome recipes I believe only cost one essence? But there is a possibility that I am mistaken. And you have very good odds of getting that essence by just playing through the dungeon on the way to getting the ring and the tokens needed for the infusion. Now, if those recipes cost 250, or even 50 essences, then I would be agreeing with you 100% that it is a ridiculous requirement for a level of progression.

You really are clueless aren’t you? Maybe read that text again and let it sink in.

AcidicVision.5498

You really are clueless aren’t you? Maybe read that text again and let it sink in.

So the manfesto trailer said nothing of the sort. Thank you. Glad thats finally been settled.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

My question exactly. It’s not really possible to take some time off from the game, and come back and be on an even footing the same as in GW1.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

Leonard.2867

Actually, to get a Legendary you DO need to fully explore Tyria in order to obtain the Gift of Exploration. You also need a staggering amount of skill points, which necessitates going out and playing the game. Finally, you need a ton of Obsidian Shards, which are Account Bound and only obtainable via karma and, more recently, the Fractals dungeon. You can’t buy a Legendary through pure TP activities.

It took me 2 weeks from game start to get my character to level 80.

-Karma and Skill points are much more easy to come by via 24/7 Orr
-Pre-curser system is a joke.
-If your a TP master or a hardcore grinder, you will get you legendary well before any other Hard Core player. (I have completed 4 dungeon sets with many assorted dungeon weapons. It took me 3 months to do this, yet I was no where near the videos ‘congrats’ on a Legendary.)
-The video congratulated TP Master and Grinders.

You are right, so I take back my statement about not having to explore Tyria. I now say, enjoy Tyria and marvel in all its content. Its cool, I have 500 badges of honor, yet only 14 achievement points in World vs. World… what a joke to get a legendary. But what does it still all boil down too? Grind, Grind, and Grind.

Yosoy Tupapi.2913

Yeah. He doesn’t get it. The mats drop rate might be reasonable. But will you find enough people to start level 1 fotm with you next month. And what if I dont’ want to do fotm. I didn’t have to do dungeons or anything specific before to get top stats gears. I have many options. But now, I MUST do fotm to get the best backpiesce. Choices and fun before Lost Shores. No choice and grind after Lost Shores.

Posted by: Osprey.6587

Osprey.6587

So the manfesto trailer said nothing of the sort. Thank you. Glad thats finally been settled.

50 seconds in: “Guild Wars 2 takes everything you loved about Guild Wars 1 and puts it into a persistent world.” I’ll keep watching for more examples but for now I will say “check”.

edit: 1:40 “We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds it fun.”

So yeah, they don’t specifically talk about vertical progression but the 2 quotes I listed imply that there isn’t any. The first quote says “everything you loved about Guild Wars 1” and that certainly implies no vertical progression as one of those things. The second quote says there is no grinding which also implies no vertical progression because vertical progression is all about grinding.

(edited by Osprey.6587)

Yosoy Tupapi.2913

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/21/guild-wars-2-interview-monetization/#s:guildwars2-16

AcidicVision.5498

Yeah. He doesn’t get it. The mats drop rate might be reasonable. But will you find enough people to start level 1 fotm with you next month..

This is iffy. If you find yourself a good guild, people should have no problem running you through it. Also, FotM levels are character bound (whether thats a good or bad is a whole separate topic) . So if people want to get through and get essence, or the ring, or the higher end drops on their alts, then they start from level 1. And I would say after about a month would be when people really start doing that on their alts.

people still do story mode on their alts. They still do dungeons on their alts. And they still do the world events in zones. I cant see why FotM would be any different? Bu I guess we will know in a few months.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Leonard.2867

It took me 2 weeks from game start to get my character to level 80.

-Karma and Skill points are much more easy to come by via 24/7 Orr
-Pre-curser system is a joke.
-If your a TP master or a hardcore grinder, you will get you legendary well before any other Hard Core player. (I have completed 4 dungeon sets with many assorted dungeon weapons. It took me 3 months to do this, yet I was no where near the videos ‘congrats’ on a Legendary.)
-The video congratulated TP Master and Grinders.

You are right, so I take back my statement about not having to explore Tyria. I now say, enjoy Tyria and marvel in all its content. Its cool, I have 500 badges of honor, yet only 14 achievement points in World vs. World… what a joke to get a legendary. But what does it still all boil down too? Grind, Grind, and Grind.

http://www.youtube.com/v/WybKe2ttjio&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=1

Tell me that Orr Grinding, and now the new FOTM grind, is scouring all over Tyria to achieve a legendary weapon.

AcidicVision.5498

50 seconds in: “Guild Wars 2 takes everything you loved about Guild Wars 1 and puts it into a persistent world.” I’ll keep watching for more examples but for now I will say “check”.

Lol, the only point I can make against that is I asked how they broke from it as of the Lost Shores update. I could have placed those checks waaayy before lost shores came out. There is a ton of stuff I loved about GW that has been no where to be seen since the first beta.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand