GvG Crown Pavilion

GvG Crown Pavilion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

How amazing would this be? The upper ring has rings for smaller battles and the bottom could hold tons of great larger GvG battles. All the sections are set up already as well as the Queue system used in fighting the NPC’s from the Jubilee event. So you could just use the Queue option to choose which guild you want to fight against. This way, with Megaserver, everyone can get in on the action and you wont be limited to your WvW match up. Not sure if this has be covered anywhere before but i thought it was a neat idea.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

(edited by Scryeless.1924)

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: Shylark.4951

Shylark.4951

I have never been a Fan of any type of GvG so I would say no to this….

Life is just a Big Role Playing Adventure…

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

@Scryeless
That… is actually not a bad idea. o_o
I don’t know about using the actual Crown Pavilion in the game, but having an instance of it used like that…
How would they handle limits on the number of people there, though? Wouldn’t the hard cap on population be a limiting factor on such maps?

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This would be an excellent event to test the GvG scheme, some gvg arenas on the pavillion would fit into an weekend event or something

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Not gonna happen. GvG is dead and buried in GW2.

Even if they implemented GvG, it’s far, far to late for it to have anything like the meaning it has in Guild Wars.

Crying shame, but there you have it. The world will never again see GvG as it was in the mid to late 2000’s.

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

You mean mindless zerg vs zerg, AoE vs AoE, no just no.

What Chuo said.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

GvG Crown Pavilion

Aeolus.3615

What Chuo said.

thast not gvg, players not talking about guild clashes and waterfield spams.

link for epicness

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

How amazing would this be? The upper ring has rings for smaller battles and the bottom could hold tons of great larger GvG battles. All the sections are set up already as well as the Queue system used in fighting the NPC’s from the Jubilee event. So you could just use the Queue option to choose which guild you want to fight against. This way, with Megaserver, everyone can get in on the action and you wont be limited to your WvW match up. Not sure if this has be covered anywhere before but i thought it was a neat idea.

This game would never be able to support GvG’s as people love.

Removing the holy trinity made kitten sure of that.

GvG Crown Pavilion

Gimp.9460

This game would never be able to support GvG’s as people love.

Removing the holy trinity made kitten sure of that.

Pretty much

What Chuo said.

thast not gvg, players not talking about guild clashes and waterfield spams.

link for epicness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnnlKMzJozQ

I was watching and playing when those tournaments were relevant.

My point: there is no GvG in GW2, and pavilion would be a terrible GvG map.

See how this post is not talking about actual GvG?

GvG Crown Pavilion

Aeolus.3615

Yeah that is true the problem i see it now, theres no healers, it would end in several ganks and 1vs1, every one know the only strategy in this game is kill before it lays eggs, and classes are mostly imbalanced for 1v1.

dammn hard to bring the old epicness from gw1 :| we’ve been converted to blobber’s that spend all time spamming 1 key.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

GvG Crown Pavilion

kins.3294

Yeah that is true the problem i see it now, theres no healers, it would end in several ganks and 1vs1, every one know the only strategy in this game is kill before it lays eggs, and classes are mostly imbalanced for 1v1.

dammn hard to bring the old epicness from gw1 :| we’ve been converted to blobber’s that spend all time spamming 1 key.

They decided to go and cater more towards the PvE crowd. GW1 was never meant for PvE but rather for PvP, hence the AWESOME pvp system.

The amount of skills available in GW2 are just far from sufficient to make any decent PvP game with innovative builds to counter meta builds.

GW2 will either be a “I tank this circle” or “I bring more peeps than you” PvP game.

GvG Crown Pavilion

Gimp.9460

It depresses me lol

GvG Crown Pavilion

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Face smashing is not GvG. Sadly most GW2 GvG is nothing but face smashing.

Guild Wars GvG was more in line with coordinated 8v8 with objectives similar to GW2 Conquest PvP. In my opinion you need some sort of objective structure, or you just smash face ad nauseam.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

GvG Crown Pavilion

kins.3294

Guildwars 2 PvP is just all kinds of horrible. Then again if you want PvP you shouldnt be playing this game