GvG in Instanced maps with Open World content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tzervo.3754

tzervo.3754

Hi everyone. I would like to put forward the idea of having a kind of “node/guild wars” (like those done in Black Desert) using instanced open world maps as an alternative/complementary to WvW and see what GW2 players (especially WvW players) and ANet staff think about that.

1) They would give the WvW fans infinitely more variety and objectives.

2) They could be implemented in a way that does NOT disrupt regular open world/PVE players (only on specific map instances, “for players that sign up for them”)

3) They would give lots of guilds something to work on as a group/compete

4) They would make the whole open-world map relevant and alive again.

5) I can guess that the implementation would not be trivial, especially in terms of mechanics. There are rewards to be thought, how to time a node war event and many other details, but at least content-wise, the maps are there.

PS: mods feel free to move the post if you feel it is more suited to another sub-forum (WvW? somewhere else?)

Disclaimer: I might be editing this post to reflect any additional thoughts on this.

Important clarification: This idea DOES NOT IMPLY Open World PvP

Some more details on how I had it pictured in my mind:
(a) Guild wars over “nodes”, i.e. territories in the map would take place in separate map instances, like with WvW. Only map content assets would be re-used.
(b) Either constantly, or in scheduled times, a “node” opens up for claiming by guilds. This could be done in a fashion similar to WvW as it is now, with more features possibly added along the way, as ANet sees fit obviously.
© Rewards could be a small increase in drops from events, or more karma. I would go as far as suggesting specific guild crafting stations/vendors that allow specific skins, but I can see that becoming a bone of contention. A guild banner flying over the node could be a nice “prestige” boost for the occupying guild. Or [put your idea for rewards that are not disruptive but give enough motivation for guilds here]

(edited by tzervo.3754)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

No

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Hell no

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Guild Wars is not Black Desert.

No.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Lots of nodes already available to have wars about. It’s called World vs World.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

tzervo.3754

No.

Never said it was, never said I want it to be. I am just picking a single feature from there and giving some vague ideas on how to adapt it in a non-intrusive manner. I would still appreciate some elaboration on why people think it is a bad idea.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Because high lv players camping around killing low lv players when they cross their way is dumb (BDO)+ gw2 pve is a friendly and cooperative game since release + we have WvW + changing all the maps balancing them as you say to do so is an enourmous amount of work for a dumb feature + come on just think about it…

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

GW2 is all about having the mechanics avoid pitting players against each other, unless they specifically sign up for it, like in WvW or PvP. This goes directly in the face of that.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I would still appreciate some elaboration on why people think it is a bad idea.

Because you are suggesting PvP in open world.

tzervo.3754

2) They could be implemented in a way that does NOT disrupt regular open world/PVE players (only on specific map instances)

Please read my OP. I DEFINITELY do not want it to be a disruptive idea, merely to use map content from open world, and possibly have a “prestige” effect (winning guild’s banner flying in a castle or something).

tzervo.3754

Because high lv players camping around killing low lv players when they cross their way is dumb (BDO)+ gw2 pve is a friendly and cooperative game since release + we have WvW + changing all the maps balancing them as you say to do so is an enourmous amount of work for a dumb feature + come on just think about it…

I edited my OP to clarify that this would take place ONLY in instances of the maps for players signing up for it, since the people responding hinted that I suggested open world PVP.

I repeat and stress out: I DID NOT hint at that.

Balancing and confusing the devs with yet another direction is a very valid concern and I appreciate that.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Not everyone has played BDO, so you have to explain what you are proposing. From the responses, it sounds like PvP on PvE maps, which gets my No vote. But if it is something else, you must make that clear.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No.

Never said it was, never said I want it to be. I am just picking a single feature from there and giving some vague ideas on how to adapt it in a non-intrusive manner. I would still appreciate some elaboration on why people think it is a bad idea.

I would appreciate some elaboration as to how it is a good idea for this game. People disagree about all sorts of things in GW2, but this is one area that nearly everyone loves: nodes aren’t competitive; they are accessible to everyone.

So why would it make sense to overhaul this mechanic, rather than any ANet investing in any of the 32,478 fine suggestions made in these very forums?

Personally, I find it annoying that in BDO, I have to compete with my friends to get loot. They literally have to turn off a feature (mini pet autolooting) so I can catch up.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

From the responses, it sounds like PvP on PvE maps, which gets my No vote.

Why though? No seriously, lol. OP is clearly suggesting it either on specific maps or specific instances on a map that’s been changed to accomodate PvP. No ones gonna force you to play it anymore than you are forced through bloodstone fen or whatever in order to play in Orr. Just saying “well it’s PvP on PvE maps so I dont like it” make no real sense.

The thing with this suggestion is that yes it’s technically feasable – Anet could change so that we have 1 hour of PvP in Lions Arch if they want to. The engine support dynamic modifications to map rules, they’ve done it before. That’s not a problem. Make a “war” and “peace” state of that shift all the time, some way to join a faction and you’re set.

The problem is if you actually want this truly integrated into the world, it require a ton of new content – entire new maps designed to hybrid WvW/sPvP and PvE far more than WvW does. It’s pretty much expansion size content.

Just tossing this into existing maps will probably be very awkward and require breaking basic megaserver tech in order to split instances depending on whether people want to enter a warzone instance or not. New endgame maps for it is the superior solution.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

This sort of feature you propose is something that could very well work in WvW. I think you got in the wrong subforum.

tzervo.3754

Not everyone has played BDO, so you have to explain what you are proposing. From the responses, it sounds like PvP on PvE maps, which gets my No vote. But if it is something else, you must make that clear.

You are right, my original post was not clear enough. Thanks for the constructive criticism. I added some additional clarifications and explanations, I hope it looks better now. I will be adding to it along the way, hoping to flesh out the idea in a more concise way.

I repeat just to make it crystal clear in a tl;dr: I do not suggest PvP in open world, but WvW using map instances with open world content, and a possible “visual” or otherwise (like guild banners flying over spots as they already exist in WvW) after-effect as a prestige motivation for guilds to participate.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

as long as it’s in WvW maps i don’t mind, however, one foot in PvE with that and it’s a big fat NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

tzervo.3754

This sort of feature you propose is something that could very well work in WvW. I think you got in the wrong subforum.

Exactly! As an afterthought, it might be better to start off there. I did put it to my OP as a suggestion, as a hint to ANet that this might need moving.

The only difference this has from WvW mechanics, is that I would seriously think some sort of “prestige” oriented effect to motivate gaming around that. The most obvious example of guild banners of the victorious guild for example flying over Fort Salma, visible to the rest of open world.

I can foresee people not liking it because that might give rise to ridiculous/trollish banners flying all over Tyria, but it does not have to be so intrusive. Ideas and feedback are welcome. Heck, even just using maps from Open World in WvW could be a nice first step.

tzervo.3754

as long as it’s in WvW maps i don’t mind, however, one foot in PvE with that and it’s a big fat NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree!

Quick remark: would you consider a guild banner flying or an NPC with the guild tag greeting visitors to the area such a foot? As long as all the action is done in WvW-style instanced maps?

flog.3485

Exactly! As an afterthought, it might be better to start off there. I did put it to my OP as a suggestion, as a hint to ANet that this might need moving.

The only difference this has from WvW mechanics, is that I would seriously think some sort of “prestige” oriented effect to motivate gaming around that. The most obvious example of guild banners of the victorious guild for example flying over Fort Salma, visible to the rest of open world.

I can foresee people not liking it because that might give rise to ridiculous/trollish banners flying all over Tyria, but it does not have to be so intrusive. Ideas and feedback are welcome. Heck, even just using maps from Open World in WvW could be a nice first step.

Then that is exactly what I am thinking. Just propose your ideas for WvW maps, there is plenty of space for that. No need to use pve maps.

Dawdler.8521

Then that is exactly what I am thinking. Just propose your ideas for WvW maps, there is plenty of space for that. No need to use pve maps.

I fail to see the need to suggest it for WvW maps. Guild banners already show on claimed objectives.

tzervo.3754

I fail to see the need to suggest it for WvW maps. Guild banners already show on claimed objectives.

The idea was to have some sort of visible clue in the open world but:

(1) the fight would be instanced, a la WvW
(2) it would be Guild v Guild instead of server v server
(3) the effect would have to be discreet, for fear of ruining the feel of the Open World. This would DEFINITELY need to start in baby steps The example of the guild banner on Open World might be too bold (suggestions welcome), the idea of an NPC guild rep on the open world spot as a reminder that this guild won that war seems nice to me.

tzervo.3754

Changed the title of the topic to better reflect what I had in mind – thanks all for the feedback so far, seems that even my title was misleadingly hinting at Open World PvP (not my intention).

flog.3485

Oh right, my mistake. I don’t spend much time in WvW.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Many WvW’ers currently complain that the Desert Borderland map is too big, so I can’t see them in favor of an entire open PvE map. If it’s about taking a keep, and within a limited area, I’m not sure how it’s any different than what we have in WvW now. I guess making it GvG is the real difference?

Likewise, many PvP’ers want straightforward Group vs Group (let’s leave the size of “Group” vague, shall we?) fights without all the PvE-type distractions.

So I’m not entirely sure which void this proposal is meant to fill.

In GW1, a guild could take a town in the Kurzick or Luxon lands. I wasn’t in any of those guilds, so I never once cared who controlled those towns. I wouldn’t care if that was added to GW2, either.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Nothing pvp related is being added to pve. Special maps for guilds are not going to be added either. Please use wvw, eotm, spvp, os and guild halls for all your pvp needs.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

tzervo.3754

Many WvW’ers currently complain that the Desert Borderland map is too big, so I can’t see them in favor of an entire open PvE map. If it’s about taking a keep, and within a limited area, I’m not sure how it’s any different than what we have in WvW now. I guess making it GvG is the real difference?

That and the fact that any territory would be open for ALL the guilds in ALL the servers of a region, should make up for player density. Also enables GvG. If the fights are sceduled in some way, contest would be enough to make for populated instances. The idea of limited areas might be worth exploring. In any case, if the central objective is in one spot this could limit wandering off.

Likewise, many PvP’ers want straightforward Group vs Group (let’s leave the size of “Group” vague, shall we?) fights without all the PvE-type distractions.

Good point. I guess both approaches would be valid, there could even be mix n match on different instances, to cater for both sPvP and WvW fans. Or just make a tough choice and pick one of the two.[/quote]

So I’m not entirely sure which void this proposal is meant to fill.

Variety in WvW-style content. Making all Open world map content more prominent and relevant.

In GW1, a guild could take a town in the Kurzick or Luxon lands. I wasn’t in any of those guilds, so I never once cared who controlled those towns. I wouldn’t care if that was added to GW2, either.

This is probably the most tricky bit: balancing it in a way that is enough motivation for guilds to participate, but also discreet (like a banner or an NPC popping in the actual open world for the victor). Essentially ths should only be a sort of bragging rights, and not caring about it from a PvE player’s perspective would be considered GOOD, because it means it is not disruptive.

tzervo.3754

OP is clearly suggesting it either on specific maps or specific instances on a map that’s been changed to accomodate PvP.

Make a “war” and “peace” state of that shift all the time, some way to join a faction and you’re set.

The problem is if you actually want this truly integrated into the world,

Just to clarify that I do mean parallel PvE and WvW instances running together. You don’t want to join the war? Game goes on in the PvE instance as it was done until today, no change, end of story, we do not want to upset PvE fans.

This is nicely summed up in your last sentence:

Just tossing this into existing maps will probably be very awkward and require breaking basic megaserver tech in order to split instances depending on whether people want to enter a warzone instance or not. New endgame maps for it is the superior solution.

I only disagree with the last bit. We get instances from open world map in living story, so running parallel instances does not sound infeasible to me, plus reuse of map content/existing assets sounds like good economy. Not sure what this would imply in dev cost for managing player numbers/additional mechanics. As I said, that is a valid concern.

Swagger.1459

OP is clearly suggesting it either on specific maps or specific instances on a map that’s been changed to accomodate PvP.

Make a “war” and “peace” state of that shift all the time, some way to join a faction and you’re set.

The problem is if you actually want this truly integrated into the world,

Just to clarify that I do mean parallel PvE and WvW instances running together. You don’t want to join the war? Game goes on in the PvE instance as it was done until today, no change, end of story, we do not want to upset PvE fans.

This is nicely summed up in your last sentence:

I only disagree with the last bit. We get instances from open world map in living story, so running parallel instances does not sound infeasible to me, plus reuse of map content/existing assets sounds like good economy. Not sure what this would imply in dev cost for managing player numbers/additional mechanics. As I said, that is a valid concern.

This suggestion is not going to happen. WvW is the go to place for “open world” pvp stuff. The devs are not going to devote resources to this, especially when it breaks the entire game design and while wvw, professions, combat… need a lot of work. You want gvg pvp stuff? Form a guild and go to wvw, eotm, os and set up guild fights in your guild hall…

There is so much this game needs, and special attention to organized gvg battles is not one of them.

tzervo.3754

I would appreciate some elaboration as to how it is a good idea for this game. People disagree about all sorts of things in GW2, but this is one area that nearly everyone loves: nodes aren’t competitive; they are accessible to everyone.

So why would it make sense to overhaul this mechanic, rather than any ANet investing in any of the 32,478 fine suggestions made in these very forums?

Personally, I find it annoying that in BDO, I have to compete with my friends to get loot. They literally have to turn off a feature (mini pet autolooting) so I can catch up.

Edited both OP and topic title to address the misunderstanding, my OP was indeed too vague and my title badly-worded. I also addressed it in some of the replies.

Tl;Dr: I did not mean to imply contest in the existing OW instances. No change in OW gameplay at all!! I meant separate, parallel WvW instances based on Open World content, with a possible (up to debate) discreet visible clue in open world for the victor.

tzervo.3754

This suggestion is not going to happen. WvW is the go to place for “open world” pvp stuff. The devs are not going to devote resources to this, especially when it breaks the entire game design and while wvw, professions, combat… need a lot of work. You want gvg pvp stuff? Form a guild and go to wvw, eotm, os and set up guild fights in your guild hall…

Too dogmatic.

There is so much this game needs, and special attention to organized gvg battles is not one of them.

This could very possibly be the case. Which is why this here is called a suggestion/idea, nothing more. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks. If most people think that is a bad idea (looks like that is the case), I am perfectly fine with dropping it.

tzervo.3754

Looks like my idea was very ill-received. Mods, feel free to close the thread, I think the consensus clearly was: HELL NO :P

Swagger.1459

Too dogmatic.

This could very possibly be the case. Which is why this here is called a suggestion/idea, nothing more. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks. If most people think that is a bad idea (looks like that is the case), I am perfectly fine with dropping it.

The word you were looking for was “pragmatic”…

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Never did try the actual “guild war” system used in BDO, so can’t really comment much on it. From what I understood it was basically guilds declaring war on other guilds over the rights for specific “nodes” (Which has nothing to do with the gathering nodes we got in GW2), which are sort of a road-map point so controlling it controlled trade and taxes over that area (vague, didn’t read much about this as I had little interest).

Obviously some of those features wouldn’t fly in GW2, like player guilds being able to tax anything gathered in an area etc. Nor the open world combat, even if limited to a Guild vs Guild only, goes against the general design they want to keep to PvE.

But the idea of having guild “competing” over map specific bragging rights can be interesting, and could be done in a few different ways.

Obviously one could be combat, say one of the tower areas in one of the OW maps, clip it out and make it an instance (many of them are already used that way in Personal Story, so could be re-usable), and allow 2 guilds to setup a “guild vs guild fight” there, where one defends the tower while the other attacks. Put up some rewards, and allow for some vanity like banners/colors on the tower etc for X time. This could be an interesting variation for Guild Missions.

Other options could be linking up to some of the existing activities or guild missions. Like racing each others in various guild missions, or setting up vs matches in Keg-brawl etc.

There are multiple ways to make something like this work, that doesn’t even have to scare away the PvE players

TLDR: The main thing I got from the OP was that he wanted things for guilds to do together, in some kind of competition vs other guilds. As a way to increase interest in playing with/as a guild, and to improve on guild pride. Not just slap PvP on top of PvE and go gank everyone.

(Though, I am game for that!)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

tbh man if you want gvg find a better game for it gw2 doesnt support it or wvw for that matter. But i dont get what ppl hate about you post its seperate isntances of the same map that ppl who agree to join only join.

tzervo.3754

But the idea of having guild “competing” over map specific bragging rights can be interesting, and could be done in a few different ways.

Obviously one could be combat, say one of the tower areas in one of the OW maps, clip it out and make it an instance (many of them are already used that way in Personal Story, so could be re-usable), and allow 2 guilds to setup a “guild vs guild fight” there, where one defends the tower while the other attacks. Put up some rewards, and allow for some vanity like banners/colors on the tower etc for X time. This could be an interesting variation for Guild Missions.

Other options could be linking up to some of the existing activities or guild missions. Like racing each others in various guild missions, or setting up vs matches in Keg-brawl etc.

There are multiple ways to make something like this work, that doesn’t even have to scare away the PvE players

TLDR: The main thing I got from the OP was that he wanted things for guilds to do together, in some kind of competition vs other guilds. As a way to increase interest in playing with/as a guild, and to improve on guild pride. Not just slap PvP on top of PvE and go gank everyone.

Indeed. There is a lot of prejudice against and misreading (or not-reading) of the concept of this idea , which just saddens me. The only valid criticism as far as I am concerned so far is limited dev capital.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Indeed. There is a lot of prejudice against and misreading (or not-reading) of the concept of this idea , which just saddens me. The only valid criticism as far as I am concerned so far is limited dev capital.

the only thing is see bad about it is that it would spread the already small wvw playerbase more not sure if thats a good think but w/e

tzervo.3754

Also, how could I miss not commenting and giving kudos for this little gem!! Thumbs up.

It does not even have to be only wars, just some sort of GvG activity for fun and a little something to show for it. I really believe it would make the world more alive, the guilds more meaningful. And doing it in Open World instances would help relate to the world itself, as opposed to mists.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

WvW is dead. Just let it die like the half implemented and supported mode it is so we can focus on quality content.

tzervo.3754

the only thing is see bad about it is that it would spread the already small wvw playerbase more not sure if thats a good think but w/e

I repeat: all guilds from all EU servers competing for any of the N instances that they select to go for. Possibly even in a scheduled way. I do not think it would spread the playerbase.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They could merge an open world pvp concept with a lvl 80 “hard mode” version concept instanced map.

So a giant hotjoin map with solo que upto a maximum of que 5 parties getting filtered to one of 2 sides with a 3rd npc faction. Balancing out the rewards would be tricky to promote pvp but also make the pve side rewarding enough to draw a solid amount of participation. Otherwise it ends up being EotM 2.0 or a WvW borderlands map but not wvw linked.

tzervo.3754

To answer to the question that popped up a couple times in a more concise way about what this would serve/what need it would fill:

(1) more (in my opinion much needed) meaningful guild related activities, including GvG

(2) satisfy the disgruntled WvW crowd with a hopefully satisfying mode/experience

(3) add to the illusion of a dynamic world. Imagine for example that the NPC guards that appear in a PvE dynamic event in OW have the guild tag of the guild that won the GvG for that area (I repeat, in an instanced, non-intrusive to PvE event). Would’t that add in a subtle way to the dynamic feel of the world? Wouldn’t that provide some agency to the players participating?

(4) increase relevance of the whole OW map and further motivate gameplay in all OW zones for 80lvl characters

(edited by tzervo.3754)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As to the NPC or flag showing in Open World: Is this, then, GvGvGvGvGvG(etc.)? If not, and it’s only GvG, then which Guild out of the many instances created for a specific ‘node’ get to claim the NPC or flag?

Swagger.1459

To answer to the question that popped up a couple times in a more concise way about what this would serve/what need it would fill:

(1) more (in my opinion much needed) meaningful guild related activities, including GvG

There are guild missions and active guilds in wvw

(2) satisfy the disgruntled WvW crowd with a hopefully satisfying mode/experience

Disgruntled wvwers want wvw fixed, better rewards, improved professions and combat designs, more roles and improved skills, lag resolved… gvg stuff doesn’t replace the need for any of those things.

(3) add to the illusion of a dynamic world. Imagine for example that the NPC guards that appear in a PvE dynamic event in OW have the guild tag of the guild that won the GvG for that area (I repeat, in an instanced, non-intrusive to PvE event). Would’t that add in a subtle way to the dynamic feel of the world? Wouldn’t that provide some agency to the players participating?

What you are proposing is making copies of pve maps into gvg battle grounds. The devs don’t want that, and the resources to make that happen would hurt the plethora of other important things this game really needs the devs to focus on

(4) increase relevance of the whole OW map and further motivate gameplay in all OW zones for 80lvl characters

As above, and no, it’s doesn’t.

This will never come to pass for gw2. We are not getting a pvp server… or organized guild battle grounds on pve maps… or open world dueling.

Good luck!

(edited by Swagger.1459)

tzervo.3754

- There are guild missions and active guilds in wvw

- What you are proposing is making copies of pve maps into gvg battle grounds. The devs don’t want that

- and the resources to make that happen would hurt the plethora of other important things this game really needs the devs to focus on

Good luck!

- Not enough in my opinion, we agree to disagree here
- Ref/link on the devs not wanting it please, otherwise it is just your opinion
- That could very well be the case, but it is not my call nor yours. My right as well as yours is weighing in and expressing if we want it or not here, why, and possibly some brainstorming.
- Thanks

tzervo.3754

As to the NPC or flag showing in Open World: Is this, then, GvGvGvGvGvG(etc.)? If not, and it’s only GvG, then which Guild out of the many instances created for a specific ‘node’ get to claim the NPC or flag?

Was thinking more like GvGvGvG…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In that case, it will only ever be the top 500-man Guilds; none of the smaller Guilds will ever have a chance, and, likely, there would be the same lamentations about Guild-centric content only created for the largest Guilds.

tzervo.3754

In that case, it will only ever be the top 500-man Guilds; none of the smaller Guilds will ever have a chance, and, likely, there would be the same lamentations about Guild-centric content only created for the largest Guilds.

That is a risk, and there is a design choice there: either create tiers based on guild size or somehow cap large guilds (possibly leaving some of them unsatified) or being fair (as in, not in any way limiting it/handing out special treatments) and leaving small guilds unsatisfied. In such cases you can almost never satisfy everyone.

EDIT: it is interesting though that some people expressed concerns about the population being too spread, and others about this possibly leaving guilds out. These two are not compatible . Personally, I find the second one more of a risk.

EDIT 2: Given the size of the world and the possibility of a large number of such instances, there might just be the chance that there is enough content to not leave anyone behind. The amount of “areas”/instances to compete on would have to be considered to carefully balance (not leaving anyone behind)/(spreading the population too thin). I can appreciate this might not be an easy feat development/design-wise but I believe ANet has the competency to pull it off.

EDIT 3: Note that I say “competency”, not resources". Resources are based on prioritization and are up to them, tugging them to yet another direction is a very valid concern, but I repeat, my intention here is to:

- give an idea that I feel can fit into the GW2 ecosystem without disrupting anything
- provoke discussion on it

Whether it will happen or not, does not necessarily have to dictate whether we discuss it or not. Maybe smaller ideas will come out of this that can be implemented in a more realistic way. Which is the reason I do NOT agree with swagger’s approach of just trying to drown out the discussion.

(edited by tzervo.3754)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

No. PvE was specifically designed to be the Co-Operative mode in the game. There are PvP & Guild Hall arenas for GvG. Any form of competitive play in the PvE areas would ruin the game.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Dawdler.8521

Any form of competitive play in the PvE areas would ruin the game.

Then PvE has been ruined since 2012.

Costume brawl.

Hey you emphesized any, not me lol.