GvG map in PvP arena?

GvG map in PvP arena?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MidgetMonk.5487

MidgetMonk.5487

There isn’t anywhere big enough to adopt the GvG Meta in Spvp even for 10v10.

Is there a possibility of having OS as an spvp map, Or anything? Just so guildies can interplay against each other.. Wouldn’t even need things for cap, just call it a training ground.

Really it shouldn’t take that much work? Even charge guilds Gems to have it..whatever!!

Leader of [RiOT] The Civil Rebels.
RoF-FTW

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: OverSeaMidget.1063

OverSeaMidget.1063

I also agree

Leader of [RioT] The Uncivil Rebels.
NSP-FTW

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: doruous.4083

doruous.4083

Would also be nice to have it for more then 10 ppl on 1 side =D

Nae – [RiOT] Officer
www.thecivilrebels.com
FSP

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: Xzulian.4013

Xzulian.4013

I 100% agree! Doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Just somewhere were we can go have fights without being disturbed or have to little space. Cut out a piece of the WvW map, make it a private server just like pvp. make a lfg option so we can have fights like 10v10 or 20v20 or 17v17. Make it a fight to the death gamemode, give a point to the winner, let other team respawn and go again. Would make GvG’s soo easy and fun!
Or just add a pvp map that is 1 big plane of grass. Where you can fight each other.

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: arathon greyhelm.4019

arathon greyhelm.4019

I agree with this also It would be nice to have more than ten on team or our own place for gvg as many people would like a gvg map or something

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It’s 2 years beyond time that this guild wars game have guild wars.

I find it absolutely SHAMEFUL there is no legitimate, authorized GvG.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Inb4 people tell you to read the lore, as if the lore wasn’t made to fit the game but vice-versa.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Out of interest, what’s wrong with the existing GvG area that was specially created in Obsidian Sanctum?

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Inb4 people tell you to read the lore, as if the lore wasn’t made to fit the game but vice-versa.

INB4 I mention I don’t read MMO lore, not do I read MMO novels, or do “Story” content for the “Story”. I buy and read books with stories worth reading, game material is crap even at the highest level. At best it’s ripped off from legitimate stories that I read over 20 years ago.

INB4 I mention naming a game Guild Wars and not including Guild Wars.

Too late on my part.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Out of interest, what’s wrong with the existing GvG area that was specially created in Obsidian Sanctum?

I don’t GvG so I wouldn’t actually know the details, but one problem would be that it’s too easy to disrupt.

@Gosu: maybe I need to clarify. When people complain about the lack of official GvG referring to the name a sizeable chunk of people point them to the fact that the name “Guild Wars” derives in-fiction historical events. What they don’t get is that those historical events where written that way just to accomodate for the actual GvG.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

GvG map in PvP arena?

Posted by: Alferdes.3102

Alferdes.3102

You can’t GvG friendlies there, such as guild mates, guilds from the same server, also the fact that you need to wait for the right WvW matchup to fight a certain guild in another server is ridiculous.
If there was a sPvP like team based map specifically made for GvG -where any guild could fight any other in their region (or split their roster in two teams for practice), on whatever schedule the two guilds desire-, we would have a proper GvG league, proper competition, in short, a big addition to competitive scene, which is exactly what Anet wants and this game needs.