Gw 1 features , where are they ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Only thing remotely gw1 about this game is lore and the company lets not kid ourselves ..

G v G ?
H o H ?
Guild Halls ?
Player Trading ?
Build templates/customization of skill sets ?

The Things That made guild wars great are missing , my opinion of course

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

its a different game and they’ve tried to not make it exactly like gw1 for obvious reasons while trying to stay true to its roots. if you dig through some of the posts here you’ll see some of the dev’s comments about the game (some of it was posted before the game was released and isn’t here anymore, but nonetheless… there should be enough still around). also missing faction, but I’m sure nobody’s crying about that

G v G = sPvP
HoH = not here
Guild Halls = coming (from what I’ve read along w/ player housing)
Player Trading = indirectly through Black lion trading post / email
build templates = not here, skills greatly simplified & bound to weapons

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I miss having heroes a little bit.

Having your own warband as a Charr, or your own krewe as an Asura, or something…

Posted by: Serrenn.8716

Serrenn.8716

In GW1.

Simple.

Posted by: shadowraiden.8394

shadowraiden.8394

they did clearly state alot of the features would be different and if your that bothered about those features go back to GW1 as its still getting patched.

GW2 was stated as a different game with new features just was built on the lore of GW1 they never stated it would have all the features GW1 had at any point.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

its a different game and they’ve tried to not make it exactly like gw1 for obvious reasons while trying to stay true to its roots. if you dig through some of the posts here you’ll see some of the dev’s comments about the game (some of it was posted before the game was released and isn’t here anymore, but nonetheless… there should be enough still around). also missing faction, but I’m sure nobody’s crying about that

G v G = sPvP
HoH = not here
Guild Halls = coming (from what I’ve read along w/ player housing)
Player Trading = indirectly through Black lion trading post / email
build templates = not here, skills greatly simplified & bound to weapons

I did read mike o briens answer , he said something about they dident want to copy gw1 , but totally dismissing what built your fan base up is a tad bold

As for player housing i cant say i care tbh , guild halls yes

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

They are back in GW1, which GW2 isn’t.

GW1 = GW1
GW2 = GW2

Same world and lore but they are very different games.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Reaper Hunter.8394

Reaper Hunter.8394

Dear Arena Net and Guild Wars 2 Team

Leaving aside that you have left out all the key elements of Guild Wars that we all loved, you have also made it so that the game is nothing more than a huge grind of endless mouse clicks and mind numbing button presses, me and my fellow guild members all feel the same frustration.

you promised that Guild Wars 2 would move in a new direction compared to other MMO’s , yet it draws a massive blank. I feel that I am pressured it to buy gems as all the good items can only be purchased with gems, but the price of items and the exchange rate coupled with the fact that making money is yet another grind is too high.

for example:

My guild has over 250 black lion chests and no keys, this is not fair considering the items you get from the chests are not worth the grind to open them.

Where are the cool Christmas drop items of old? Candy Cains, Mini Games, & others

i not even going to go into the whole Legendary Grind

Like others have said where are all the Original Guild Wars Features ?

Reaper

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

They are back in GW1, which GW2 isn’t.

GW1 = GW1
GW2 = GW2

Same world and lore but they are very different games.

GW1 = GW1
GW2 = Lots of unused potential and wrong decisions

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: Payne.8403

Payne.8403

GW1 = GW1
GW2 = GW2

Yeah that bit we get. but in all honesty its supposed to be a sequal isnt it?….most of what used to be known and loved from the original is either gone/burried/displayed in ruins underwater (i.e lions arch) or forgotten altogether and given back to us in nothing but lore, which kinda put a dampener on the feel for a game we all spend 6 years playing loyally that has become nothing but a myth yet the same old premise is there “Grind Grind Grind”……and this is supposed to be a new direction? and poor drop rates doesnt help anything for people with a life and a full time job. so maybe ill get my legendary when my toons 6th birthday comes around eh.

(edited by Payne.8403)

Posted by: Wheels.8451

Wheels.8451

The OP is correct in my opinion, but as Serrenn said, those features are found in GW1.

If you loved making builds, free travel, free trade, free trait adjustment, guild vs guild, heroes ascent, customizable heroes, dye-able weapons, freedom of weapon choice, secondary classes, etc etc… this is may not (yet?) be the game for you.

I’ve heard a lot of positive feedback from several players from various gaming backgrounds. I would encourage the GW1 fans to consider that this game is a sequel in name and story only. It will likely never resemble GW1 partially due to the monetization scheme woven into the very fabric of this new Tyria. In the end, it’s difficult to argue.. GW2 is the more effective business model.

For those of you that purchased the game based on the manifesto, years of enjoyment in GW1, and are feeling not only taken advantage of, but ENTITLED to the game you felt promised.. you might as well drop it. Until the majority of players (with lots of money) want a game like GW1, you simply will not see it.

You vote with your time and money.
Moving forward, I will be spending much less of both on this game.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I miss the builds most. I think GvG is on it’s way though. I actually just logged out of GW1 trying to get to 45 hom points. Yeah, eyeopener on how all the great things about GW1 didn’t make it into GW2. Owell.

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

As a player who tried GW1 (1 character to max level, several various level alts), I think GW2 is a huge improvement. Granted I did not play GW1 after the first initial year, so it may have gotten much better as it got older.

Given some time, GW2 could shape up to be a monster of a game if the Devs listen to the players and right some wrongs.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Only thing remotely gw1 about this game is lore and the company lets not kid ourselves ..

G v G ?
H o H ?
Guild Halls ?
Player Trading ?
Build templates/customization of skill sets ?

The Things That made guild wars great are missing , my opinion of course

I would expect GvG to come with Guild Halls which the devs have said they are working on before . As for HoH we don’t have access to the rift where HoH took place so at least for now that’s out .

Player trading will never happen with the TP being a main gold sink. i thank Lyssa it wont happen too cause that means no trade spam and fewer people whining they got scammed .

what would even be the point of build templates when 5 of your skills are already determined by your weapon (or in an eles case 20 )?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

its a different game and they’ve tried to not make it exactly like gw1 for obvious reasons

Yeah but thats no excuse for not having guild enhancements and management tools that GW1 had. Large guilds are extremely hard to administer. It seem silly that the guild stuff just wasn’t ported straight across.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro