Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/182450.pdf?attachmentId=182450

Look at the bottom of the first page

I mean it from NcSoft so I don’t see how its not true what do you think.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Care to elaborate more? Otherwise all I see is a junk thread.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

2015 But when in 2015? When it’s ready

It first needs to be official, or i don’t believe a thing.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The tl;dr is bolded:

“NCsoft’s current share price corresponds to a 2014F P/E of 11.2×. The stock’s P/E has ranged
from the high-10x level to 40x over the past ten years. Given that NCsoft’s major global peers
Activision Blizzard and Electronic Arts are trading at 2014F P/Es of over 15x, the company
appears significantly undervalued. Most global PC and console game companies are expected
to suffer from stagnating margins in 2014. However, NCsoft is scheduled to launch an
expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in the US and Europe in 2015
. Lineage Eternal, Metal Black:
Alternative, and various mobile games are also in the pipeline. "

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

This is at the bottom of the first page.

“Analysts who prepared this report are registered as research analysts in Korea but not in any other jurisdiction, including the U.S. PLEASE SEE ANALYST CERTIFICATIONS AND IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES & DISCLAIMERS IN APPENDIX 1 AT THE END OF REPORT. "

I have no idea what it is you are trying to point out that supports your questioning the existence or non-existence of an expansion.

Can you elaborate a bit more and say what it is you are talking about?

edit
Nevermind, others did it for you while I was posting.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Demonts.4593

We’ll im questioning it cause no one really talked about it though it says there will be an expansion

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

There has been mention of a GW2 expansion in NCSoft earnings conference calls since ever.

It seems obvious that the original plan for GW2 future development changed with the higher than expected amount of gem store revenue.

It might have been focused on expansions before release, but now, while expansions aren’t completely out of the picture, it is quite possible that Anet/NCSoft figured that free episodic content, with or without occasional expansions, will be more profitable.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

However, NCsoft is scheduled to launch an
expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in the US and Europe in 2015

I’m guessing this means whether it’s ready or not.

Get out your credit cards! More RNG boxes for sale!

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: LeoWolfish.8917

LeoWolfish.8917

Perhaps if they do do another expansion like this it will be to do with bringing one of the other continents and one of the other remaining dragons? So you can do them once you finished going against the first one?

Astra Ferndale – female Charr Mesmer of the Ash legion.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Maybe a reaction on EQNext that is expected somewhere in 2015.

Personally the only MMO i waited for the last years is EQNext, and i think
i’m not alone there.

TESO was already dead before release, Wildstar has a different audience and
is also an NCSoft game.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If they release an expansion in 2015 (an actual boxed expansion) they would be right about on track for my initial thoughts regarding an expansion – which I stated I did not think would happen until at least a year after China launch. I further stated that we wouldn’t likely hear anything for at least 6 to 9 months (from Anet themselves, not NCSoft) after aforementioned release. So, we’ll see. It’s only been a couple of months.

Of course that was written back in February, it could be referring to S2 being the expansion as well. Although I’m not certain if I’m leaning that way myself. Personally, I’d love to see S2 set the ground work for the expansion, and then have an actual boxed expansion as the campaign for killing the dragon, but that might not work out to be the optimal model for them. After all, what would they do for S3 then? Would LS halt for a period of time again while we played the campaign? Or would they continue with like side stories? Too many unknowns.

Beyond that, we have the continued comments from Colin about ‘big background projects’ that they [still] aren’t ready to talk about. And observations from players about some of the top end devs and story writers being very quiet for what seems to now be an inordinate extended period of time, and seem to be actively playing ‘least in sight.’ I don’t know about the rest of you, but the combination of things tends to make me wonder what they are up to.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: igmolicious.5986

igmolicious.5986

I’d like to think that if they did a boxed expansion that it would be along the lines of what they did with GW1, which treated the expansions as stand-alone games that could enhance on another. In that case, the Living Story could likely continue as planned, but in some sort of “shared” area between the two games. If there IS going to be a true expansion, they would almost have to be saving either Elona or Cantha for it.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Might be, might be not.

One thing to note, this does not come from NCSoft, this comes from Daewoo Securities, a korean company that basically does analisis and speculation of stocks for a particular company so that investors can then decide, based on that information, whether to buy, sell or just ignore them.

We have no idea what their sources were for an expasion in 2015, but it’s not the first time they’ve talked about one. In december 2012 they said: “we expect NCsoft to release an expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in Europe and the US in 2H13.” (1), and in february 2013 “It also intends to launch Guild Wars 2 in China, Taiwan, and Japan. An expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 is slated for a 2H release in the US and Europe.” (2), so I while I’ll keep an eye open, I won’t hold my breath just based on that report.

(1) Source: http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/board/message/view.do?messageId=182267&messageNumber=25&messageCategoryId=0&startId=zzzzz~&startPage=1&curPage=1&searchType=2&searchText=NCSoft&searchStartYear=2011&searchStartMonth=12&searchStartDay=30&searchEndYear=2012&searchEndMonth=12&searchEndDay=29&lastPageFlag=&categoryId=76
(2) Source: http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/board/message/view.do?messageId=184358&messageNumber=1392&messageCategoryId=0&startId=zzzzz~&startPage=1&curPage=1&searchType=2&searchText=&searchStartYear=2012&searchStartMonth=02&searchStartDay=09&searchEndYear=2013&searchEndMonth=02&searchEndDay=08&lastPageFlag=&categoryId=

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

they have said that 3 times before in these reports

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

The definition of what a financial analyst calls an expansion might be very different from yours.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

That would be just my luck, they release an expansion just before I finally finish creating a full set of ascended.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’ve heard of NCSoft making statements on these types of documents in the past. Either the expansion keeps getting pushed back, or NCSoft doesn’t know the difference between an expansion and the living story releases.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Beyond that, we have the continued comments from Colin about ‘big background projects’ that they [still] aren’t ready to talk about.

I hate it when they mention these big projects. Either they haven’t delivered on any yet or they’re perspective on what constitutes big (that of a developer) is a bit different then mine (that of a player). Which might be the case since I’ve got no idea how much effort goes into making content (I do know how much effort goes into player it but that’s not really the same).

Maybe a reaction on EQNext that is expected somewhere in 2015.

Personally the only MMO i waited for the last years is EQNext, and i think
i’m not alone there.

Well it’s looking like a f2p so I’ll definitely give it a go.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Beyond that, we have the continued comments from Colin about ‘big background projects’ that they [still] aren’t ready to talk about.

I hate it when they mention these big projects. Either they haven’t delivered on any yet or they’re perspective on what constitutes big (that of a developer) is a bit different then mine (that of a player). Which might be the case since I’ve got no idea how much effort goes into making content (I do know how much effort goes into player it but that’s not really the same).

All perspective I suppose. I don’t know if they considered the wardrobe a big project or not, but as a developer myself, that would fall into that category for me. So would the entire trait overhaul that they did. It’s not like it was a simple “flip this switch in the code” and bam it’s done. Gods I wish it were that simple…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I want to play Blade & Soul!!!!!!! kitten it.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’d love for an expansion to take us to Elona and save them from Palawa Joko and whatnot.

And for said expansion to give all classes new weapon or two, which would be nicer imo than having a new class.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Perhaps they will release Cantha + Elona at once XD.And blow every other MMORPG in to oblivion =p.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They’ve been saying that since the game was released. I’m sure they are listening to NCSOFT execs who are saying what investors who are unsure about a cash shop model supporting a game want to hear and Daewoo simply repeats it.

Any expansion is on hold until it’s needed to boost ANet’s revenues.

And do you know that it’s considered rude to say no in South Korea? Usually someone will use open ended phrases like “it’s being discussed” rather than just telling someone it’s not going to happen.

And that isn’t even the most recent statement from Daewoo where they don’t mention it at all and it’s not in any of their projections.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Perhaps they will release Cantha + Elona at once XD.And blow every other MMORPG in to oblivion =p.

You mean they’ll blow their own game out to oblivion seeing as they cant even optimize the game right now thanks to their god tier quality assurance /sarcasm.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

You mean they’ll blow their own game out to oblivion seeing as they cant even optimize the game right now thanks to their god tier quality assurance /sarcasm.

Nope….i meant exactly what i said.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I’d say IF they were going to release a expansion next year we would see an announcement at either SDCC or PaxPrime. SDCC is coming up this month but I don’t see them announcing it there since it’s a mostly comic convention. PaxPrime is at the end of September and the biggest show ANet attends in USA which would make it perfect time to announce 2015s plans for GW2. So my advice would be to chill until PaxPrime and then we’ll know.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’d say IF they were going to release a expansion next year we would see an announcement at either SDCC or PaxPrime. SDCC is coming up this month but I don’t see them announcing it there since it’s a mostly comic convention. PaxPrime is at the end of September and the biggest show ANet attends in USA which would make it perfect time to announce 2015s plans for GW2. So my advice would be to chill until PaxPrime and then we’ll know.

What game company in their right mind would announce a game expansion at a comic book convention rather than a gaming convention? Is there a GW2 comic book tie in we don’t know about?

While cosplayers may show up as GW2 characters along with the death stare Luigi’s there isn’t a major turn out of gaming companies at SDCC unless it’s a video game tie-in to a movie some studio is pushing.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

What game company in their right mind would announce a game expansion at a comic book convention rather than a gaming convention? Is there a GW2 comic book tie in we don’t know about?

While cosplayers may show up as GW2 characters along with the death stare Luigi’s there isn’t a major turn out of gaming companies at SDCC unless it’s a video game tie-in to a movie some studio is pushing.

It’s probably to spark controversy and hype. I’ll only be truly happy when I see Cantha on my screen.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

There has been mention of a GW2 expansion in NCSoft earnings conference calls since ever.

It seems obvious that the original plan for GW2 future development changed with the higher than expected amount of gem store revenue.

It might have been focused on expansions before release, but now, while expansions aren’t completely out of the picture, it is quite possible that Anet/NCSoft figured that free episodic content, with or without occasional expansions, will be more profitable.

I think the expansion will come after S2 has ended, thus in exactly one year. After they’ve released the expansion, given that S2 wont be a complete failure, they’ll probably release S3 2016.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Cantha is coming, 2k24. Right After LS Season 24 and 12,756 gem store exclusive weapons and armor have been introduced to the game!

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

We’ve known for quite some time from previous NCSoft reports that an expansion was coming some time in 2015. I guess this is why Anet is going to Gamescom this year; to officially announce it.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It was stated above that NCsoft stock is undervalued. Dropping the hint of a possible expansion to analysts would be a good way to drive the price of the stock upwards. That a “possible” expansion has been hinted at before with an ever changing release date tells me that it is only market manipulation to drive the stock price up so I will not hold my breath on an expansion until an official announcement with a believable release date has been made. In other words do not make much ado about nothing!

Theftwind (HoD)

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

The release will be multiple expansions, purchasable in the gemstore as an expansion chest, RNG as to which expansion you get.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

It was stated above that NCsoft stock is undervalued. Dropping the hint of a possible expansion to analysts would be a good way to drive the price of the stock upwards. That a “possible” expansion has been hinted at before with an ever changing release date tells me that it is only market manipulation to drive the stock price up so I will not hold my breath on an expansion until an official announcement with a believable release date has been made. In other words do not make much ado about nothing!

Well, the ANet staff isn’t necessary the most talkative, so to say. But given the various thread in which people demand an exansion, they might’ve been heared.
That said, I can recall that NCSoft had announced an expansion earlier, which got vetoed by ANet. So I’ll wait, but I’m in a good mood right now and I hope ANet wont let me down. I definitely support a new expansion.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Sorry about that, as a comicbook collector I have ComicCon on the brain right now. I should have said GamesCon or PaX.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Ncsoft has done this before, they talk about an expansion, Anet politely denies it. And so it goes…

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

They should add Expansion registration codes to the Black Lion Chests! Doing so would increase the value of Locked BL Chests, and add revenue to NCSoft’s bottom line from the flood of BL Key sales!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Security Firms tend to deal in speculation a lot. So, although it’s not exactly confirmation it is their best guess at when one will release.

And always read the discalimer.

“This report is published by Daewoo Securities Co., Ltd. (“Daewoo”), a broker-dealer registered in the Republic of Korea and a member of the Korea Exchange.
Information and opinions contained herein have been compiled from sources believed to be reliable and in good faith, but such information has not been
independently verified
and Daewoo makes no guarantee, representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the fairness, accuracy, completeness or
correctness of the information and opinions contained herein or of any translation into English from the Korean language.”

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Demonts.4593

but think about all the kitten they said they would put in the game. Like Guild Halls, New Weapons, New PvP gamemodes. I mean they said they would add all that earlier this year I think they’re waiting for the expansion TBH.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

but think about all the kitten they said they would put in the game. Like Guild Halls, New Weapons, New PvP gamemodes. I mean they said they would add all that earlier this year I think they’re waiting for the expansion TBH.

Don’t get me wrong. I hope you’re right. I would just LOVE an expansion for this game. I just don’t think we have enough to go on right now to assume when/if it will hit.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Demonts.4593

Do you remember when Anet said we need to figure out how to roll out expansion type content. If it will be in LS or a traditional expansion. I mean we hardly got any expansion type content so i think they’re waiting to clunk it all together in an expansion. I mean the games been out for almost 2 years and we’ve gotten none if the expansion type content really? The only thing I could think is expansion. Don’t tell me it takes 350 people 8 hours a day to make dry top I mean Common. And collin johanson said they’re working on some huge projects

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Beldin.5498

Btw.: i think NCSoft never released expansions you have to pay for for their own games (afaik)

At least expansions for Lineage 2 and AION were in the end just free big content patches.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

Btw.: i think NCSoft never released expansions you have to pay for for their own games (afaik)

At least expansions for Lineage 2 and AION were in the end just free big content patches.

GW1?

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Perhaps if they do do another expansion like this it will be to do with bringing one of the other continents and one of the other remaining dragons? So you can do them once you finished going against the first one?

As ideal as expansions would have been, that was their business model with Guild Wars 1, I can’t help but feel the very notion of Expansions were set on the back burner for the sake of periodic content updates (Living World) to not only provide longevity but also flesh out the current map. So if I were to hazard a guess, they wanted to tackle the Elder Dragons in the original campaign and then focus on new ideas.

IE:
1) Cantha could be all about trying to free the populace and topple a tyrannical ruler.
2) Elona is suffering from Palawa’s reign and Sunspears are being hunted by corrupted sects of their own and his forces alike.

I really don’t want to see every single expansion turn into Dragon B, C, D, E. It would really kill my mojo personally :P

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Beldin.5498

GW1?

I was just talking about games that were directly developed by NCSoft and that also had monthly subscriptions at release. They even merged CoH and CoV after 3 years so that you no longer had to buy both.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I MUCH rather free episodic content than year+ apart expansions with nothing to do but repeat the same content a billion times just to raise some numbers that at the end of the day mean nothing.

Gear threadmill is not end game content, it’s just a threadmill.

The free content I got from GW2 was worth to any other company packing up and sell, not only I got all that for free, it was phased in so I got to properly explore and experience instead of having to blow half of it just to “keep up”, read, on launch it was hard doing any group content on low-mid maps because people were rushing to 80 as soon as possible.

Get out your credit cards! More RNG boxes for sale!

No one us twisting your arm to buy black lion keys.
You can farm these keys and this company is cool enough to say “thats ok” instead of nerfing it.
If you buy some in hopes for a ticket to get an 100 gold skin you can sell and then it flops, that’s on you for gambling and not buying the skins you “want” directly.

Same with people that say “there’s nothing legendary about buying a precursor, so I’m gonna buy 100 gold worth of swords and throw them on the mystic forge”.
And when that flops they do another 100 and another and so on and at the end they jump on the forums to complain how they ended up spending more money doing that than the actual precursor, again, it’s called gambling, by default the odds are against you.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: oDe Da Beast.7596

oDe Da Beast.7596

Devs Give us some answers is this true!

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Devs Give us some answers is this true!

Guessing devs answer: “Nothing is off the table”..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Gw2 Expansion Confirmed?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Nice find. Hope this means what I think it means

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors