Gw2 and why it's not "fun" atm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meltandriel.3290

Meltandriel.3290

Hi, I wanna start by saying that I have been playing this game on and off for the past 2 years, and spent most of my time online during the past 8months since the expac announcement and would just wanna state my opinions about the expac and why the game is no longer fun to play for me atm.

Pros:
- Raids are great and fun to play
- I love the 4 new maps, with Auric basin and Tangled Depths being special to me
-New “specialization collections” are quite cool and make you feel like you’re working towards a goal.

And unfortunatly, that is the only positive things i got to say about this expac.

Cons:

- Some masteries feel outright useless ( auric mastery, adrenal mastery feels underused, etc)
- There is too much time gating on the new maps, they should work more like silverwastes does in my opinion, wich would also make it easier to join sucessfull maps.
-LFG needs to get better, atm is just a mess of people wanting to pve, raid or do other things, maybe make it more in line with how other games do it, since you just join the party anyway and dont really talk before joining.
-PVP is just dumb now unless you playing with a full premade of friends, like seriously, why am i getting in matches with people who just rush mid when there is 5 people there, instead of going far for easy caps?.
PVP and PVE and WVWVW NEED to be SEPARATED in terms of balacing, like seriously it will NEVER work out, there is always something that works for pvp and never for pve, just look at the current pvp meta vs pve meta, there is waaaaaaaaaay more variety in pve RAIDS atm than it will ever be in pvp, pvp will always be what is best at the time (flavor of the season) and the game should be balanced separatly for both aspects, so w edont have the current existing power creep (bunker mesmers).
- Precursor crafting is a flop imo, why even bother with the crafting, when you can just buy the precursor and not waste yout time AND gold and just use your gold? I thought this system would be more inline with how “specialization collections” are atm, im not gonna craft something that would cost me more than just buying the kitten thing.
- On the topic of gold, why are most legendaries, inc the new backpacks, gated behind a wall of gold?, why is there no “questing experience” option for people whod rather not spend 3 months in silverwastes to buy the mats u need for a gift?.
- There need to be more ways to make gold, atm you either play the TP, play silverwastes or do “daily” gathering runs if you wanna make money, doesnt this go agaisnt the “Waiting to have fun policy” we so often hear about? Legendaries should feel Hard to get, but not anoying and boring like it is atm.
-Game feels incredibly unrewarding atm, specially pve and raids, when i down a boss, i expect at least a cool skin or something withouth having to spend 5 months on a cool drop, also the token cap needs to be raise to 100 per boss, so there is reason to repeat the boss with other groups. 100 per month is just too litte imo.

How to fix this:

- Put legendary and precursor crafting more inline with how spec collections work atm where you have to get related items, and the “machined” precursor part" to get your new ascended weapon wich is ALOT more enjoyable than having to farm for hours on end just to mats to make a gift. Also it wouldnt invalidate the current market because it would be limited to 1 per acount and would be acount bound on acquire, so if you wanted to make another one, you’d have to use teh gold method.
- Rework the LFG tool to make it more streamlined and easy to use, like adding a search function with box thicking instead of the current, select one and hope there is someone there method).
- Add a queue system to maps, so if you dont make the maps more like silverwastes, at least we can get on the good maps more easily withouth having to spam out enter keys in hopes someone is unlucky and dc’s.
- Balacing the 3 game modes separatly, there is no real reason for pve buffs to only be limited to 5 people imo, since then ur just losing a spot to another class that can bring more buffs instead of more variety.
-PVP matchmaking should work more like in it does in LOL , where you are matched with players based on your League rank and not your mmr, else you get the current situation where most people get stuck on the 2nd division, fighting people of dragon mmr or higher perpetually like a purgatory.
- Make content more rewarding! this would mean more time spent on making cool new weapons and armor for the raids and general pve, but it should never be the current case of, beat raid boss, get 2 kittenty exotics you’d just insta sell anyway, else what’s the point of raiding when people are done with their legendary armors? at least on wow for instance you can trade the items you cant use for crafting materials, maybe that would be a better option for people who want to work on legendaries.

TL:DR: Game feels unrewarding and unbalanced atm, and the only real good content atm is raids. PVP needs to be balanced separatly, maps need to work more like silverwastes for people who have actual lifes.

I love this game, but atm its not really working out for me and i just really want it to succed :<

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I agree with the sentiment, while not all the suggestions:
For me GW2 is becoming less fun to play for the opposite reason it was awesome to play when it released.
When it released it was awesome how much QoL they added in little details, even after i started playing it in beta they improved it upon launch. Stuff like the “deposit collectibles”, having the bank on the crafting stations (which they latter improved again by allowing the stations to get stuff from your bank).

Then there were other cool things, like you had so many cool skins coming up doing stuff in the game, the gemstore was nice and clean. Legendaries were legendary, seeing someone with one was awesome and you knew that a guy having one had to have had a ton of luck getting a precursor, and then a ton of gold/work/help getting the thing done.

Crafting was rewarding, i remember that on my first character i leveled from 60 to 80 simply from farming and leveling my armor and weapon smith and making a full set of rare armor and weapons for me and my brother. Then i made another armor for magic find (which then stopped being a thing) and then went on to get the materials for my exotic (was pre-southsun, exotics were a bit rarer then). Still to this day most of the equipment on my characters (including the ascendeds) is crafted.

The story was pretty good, sure it kinda felt a bit lacklustre that your choices didn’t really matter in the end, and yeah the boss fight was a bit meh, but then it was the last story mode dungeon and it was the coming together of the two stories in the game. So even with the kinda disappointing boss fight, it was cool, and i enjoyed it.
Then came season one and Arena net started driving us at a mad pace, i didn’t get to enjoy my time in the game because i had to race for achievements, and so, i ended up growing tired of that pace, and stopped playing for 6 months.

I got back at the end of Season 1, when wardrobes were added (sadly not in time to spend my accumulated glory points), i started playing tentively then, a couple hours a week, got into a new guild, started playing more, season 2 came up and it was AWESOME!!
Everything was well done, the story was nice, we could repeat it AND do it at our leisure, the story wasn’t just achievements where you were left wondering wth is happening half the time, but an actual story.
Eventually HoT was announced, by then i was reforming my old guild (recruiting btw), and enjoying the game thoroughly.
HoT was supposed to be awesome, and yeah i enjoyed it. BUT not as much as i enjoyed the game pre-hot.
Why, well, Lists time:

Good:
1) Maps are feel HUGE, for the first time in GW2 the maps have a proper sense of scale, never-mind that the shiverpeaks are mostly tiny hills instead of huge mountains, the HUGE volcano of mount malestrom is actually not that huge, etc. Many of the maps on core tyria are larger in flat area than the HoT maps, but the later are so content packed, and 3 dimensional that they feel way bigger than any of the older maps.

2) Meta events are fun, engaging and rewarding when you succeed at them. The new participation/progress status system is pretty awesome, and ensures that people have to participate to get rewarded.

3) Masteries are a welcome touch and do open new possibilities for the game;

4) Specializations are fun, and some, like Reaper fundamentally changed their core class, in the case of Necromancer, totally 180’ing the perception of the class in terms of power and usability;

5) Stronghold is a nice improvement to PvP and does bring a new dimension of tactics to the game.

6) The story is pretty awesome.

7) Guild halls are pretty awesome, the mission to get them was fun, maybe a bit too easy, and they do attempt to level the field between small and large guilds.

BAD:
1) Sometimes being huge isn’t that great, and some of the maps, like tangled depths are too tangled, becoming confusing to navigate.

2) Meta events are sometimes too long, its really hard for me to finish TD and even AB metas during weekdays because i don’t have that long to play. Add to it that if you logout you will most likely lose progression, if you go to guild hall to store crap you’ll lose progression, it becomes a bit frustrating, no banks in the jungle.

3) Masteries can be useless, only Tyria Masteries have overall QoL stuff in them that applies to the whole world. While ALL Jungle masteries apparently apply only to the jungle. That dichotomy is dumb.
There should be Tyria masteries that would apply only to core tyria, allow us to get to new areas, small things that could be added in a few hours work. And some of the Jungle masteries should apply to the whole game.
Also i still think that mastery progression as is seems too forced, i mean get points to spend AND THEN get levels? Should be either/or. There should be a way smaller number of mastery points from doing truly “hard” stuff (IE: Dungeon master achievement, Getting the Sunbringer title, etc) you’d use those points and would insta unlock a mastery, then you’d have to earn the masteries just from exp. Instead of double gating them. It trully feels annoying, specially when you are forced into a mastery simply to progress the story, its annoying when you want to get ley line gliding, but you have to stop leveling that because you need Nuoch to progress the story.

4) No balance patch to balance all the specializations for PvP.

5) No balance in PvP, broken stronghold. Anet LIED on how champions would be unlocked for Stronghold. (Was supposed to be that EVERYONE had Turai unlocked, Hot buyers had Grymm unlocked, and then there would be reward tracks for the others, starting with Nika, what we got was Turai all around, and the spend GOLD to unlock the reward tracks for the others, because not enough gold sinks in game, thanks John).

6) Artificial story gating with masteries.

7) Guild hall has too many weird high requirements for the buildings, including for example, the arena needing T2 to have its basic function (dueling) unlocked.

8) Precursor crafting was poorly implemented, instead of being an alternative to other methods it isn’t. Unless you’re just to fan-boyish or ignorant to realize otherwise. (Disclaimer: By ignorant, i mean exactly that, being unware of the prices of the materials required vs the price of the actual precursor on the TP)

9) Crafting for new stats is just BAD it requires unprecedented ammounts of materials.

10) Scribing is just a cruel joke. This was one of the things i was looking forward the most, and its just too expensive for a single person to do.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

When you design the majority of your so called content around gold sinks and the cash shop that’s a problem.

They charged a premium price for the expansion and put little to no earnable rewards in the game. Day one outfits though? Outfits and cash shop stuff galore! I have no problem with a 50 dollar price point if it feels like I’m getting my money’s worth. I didn’t buy HoT precisely because it felt really light in the earnable armor, weapon, backpiece and glider department. There’s barely anything to actually earn.

When I am charged a premium price for an expansion, it better come with all the bells and whistles. This x-pac didn’t. It came with a double portion of cash shop though. That’s double dipping in my book and it’s terrible.

Throw the terrible communication in the mix and it’s a recipe for disaster. 2016 is going to be an interesting year of doing daily logins and seeing if they change up their game plan to be more player friendly. If you want my money make a game that is fun and has long term playability. Until then, I’ll just collect T6 mats on my multiple paid GW2 core games.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I am having fun, I also buy things often from the Gem store.

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

I walked away a few weeks ago but have enough fond memories of GW2 that I peek in on the forums from time to time to see how things are going.

Even with all the posts, pro and con, I can’t quite sum up why I don’t enjoy GW2 anymore. Ultimately, it just comes down to “fun per hour”. Before I stepped away, I was logging in, poking around for something I’d enjoy (and I like a fair range of things: wvw, spvp, pve, farming but instances not so much). After finding unsatisfying pvp, some half empty maps with nothing progressing, noticing my progress on masteries going no-where, getting annoyed by a slow map completion or nearly all the adventures, it was more fun to do something else.

I do hope things change but it also feels to me like, if they even decide to try to change things in a direction I like, it might be 6-12 months.

Fortunately, while the MMO world isn’t too rich atm, there are things worth spending a few months on and single player games offer lots of options.

Just saddened by the whole thing and puzzled that:
a) they thought this was a good idea
b) the apparent lack of realization that in 2015, consumers have a plethora of entertainment options. Using 1990-style content gates just isn’t going to work

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

While you may not be having I am and so is all my family and friends that are playing both in core/vanilla and in Heart of Thorns. Yes we all find Heart of Thorns fun. And by the way there are lots that are having fun playing in the game and not on the forums. Might surprise you to know that a vast portion of the gaming community do not go on or follow forums. I do because I don’t work and so I have time to play and read what the devs say and they do say a lot.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I’m in for separating PvP/WvW and PvE. Look at D3 and its expansion. Players there grind even more than here in GW2, but never complain. Why not? Because of the brilliant Paragon level feature. So the level cap is 70 there. But above that you can gain unlimited Paragon levels, making your chr stronger and stronger. THAT is what GW2 misses: the feeling of progress after level 80. And for balancing reasons this cannot be changed as long as PvP, WvW and PvE draw from the same chr. level pool. So yes, go for it and allow chr’s to grow much stronger in PvE…

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Dragon’s Stand.

This is not fun. Trying to get an event done simply to see content (my husband has a druid and has been trying for awhile now to get to certain areas that contain 2 pets) is anything but fun. I can’t even count the numerous failed events or empty maps.. or folks afk’ing at the front of the carnage entrance while watching others run in that endless circle taking down those darn Preservers like it was GW2 Groundhog Day, just enhancing the difficulty of the event.

Not fun.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

The first three comments in this thread are great. Thanks to all of you for providing your insight and analysis.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

When you design the majority of your so called content around gold sinks and the cash shop that’s a problem.

They charged a premium price for the expansion and put little to no earnable rewards in the game. Day one outfits though? Outfits and cash shop stuff galore! I have no problem with a 50 dollar price point if it feels like I’m getting my money’s worth. I didn’t buy HoT precisely because it felt really light in the earnable armor, weapon, backpiece and glider department. There’s barely anything to actually earn.

When I am charged a premium price for an expansion, it better come with all the bells and whistles. This x-pac didn’t. It came with a double portion of cash shop though. That’s double dipping in my book and it’s terrible.

Throw the terrible communication in the mix and it’s a recipe for disaster. 2016 is going to be an interesting year of doing daily logins and seeing if they change up their game plan to be more player friendly. If you want my money make a game that is fun and has long term playability. Until then, I’ll just collect T6 mats on my multiple paid GW2 core games.

Just a quick mention; I too was peeved by the guild changes. Especially for gating all guild progress, banners, etc behind HoT (which i refuse to buy for that, among other reasons).

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

The first sums it all up and how I feel too.

GW2 has deviated soo much from the original game, all games are suppose to evolve but I’m not sure if this is the right direction, I don’t even think GW2 is an MMO if I’m completely honest, I’m not even sure what it is…. is it a platform game? (sheer amount of annoying jumping puzzles and super adventure box.), mobile device game in a desktop format? (adventures, and let’s not try to glorify them with the term “adventures”, they’re mini-games), the first person mode.. is it a FPS now?! is it a solo RPG? with co-op elements.. so a co-op rpg?!… is it a MOBA of some kind (dragon stand/ tangled depths lane type metas), and not to mention the massive push on the gem store over the past few months, but really what makes this game an MMO? it certainly doesn’t feel like one..

I loved the GW universe and adored the original and it’s expansions, but GW2 just seems like a distant world from that.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

PvP (EotM, WVW, EBG, sPvP) It should be it’s own entity, completely separate from PvE. Abilities, cooldowns, everything should be different. By trying to keep the two together, it winds up creating imbalances that Blizzard dealt with for years.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Might surprise you to know that a vast portion of the gaming community do not go on or follow forums. I do because I don’t work and so I have time to play and read what the devs say and they do say a lot.

That is an opinion only and there is no way to back it up. I could just as easily say ‘It might surprise you to know that the vast portion of the original community do not go on or follow the forums because they have quit’. No way to prove your assertion or mine, so both are irrelevant. One could be described as a typical white knight post, the other as a hater post.
And yes the devs do have a lot to say, just not here.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

This is a free to play game. Gold will always take time to get. Anet wants people to buy gold with real money so they can make money. This will never change and doesn’t matter how much you cry/complain about it. If anet doesn’t make money we won’t have a game anymore and you won’t have to cry about farming anymore.

Blude.6812

TIf anet doesn’t make money we won’t have a game anymore and you won’t have to cry about farming anymore.

At this point it might be the best option. Anet would only have themselves to blame.

ReaverKane.7598

This is a free to play game. Gold will always take time to get. Anet wants people to buy gold with real money so they can make money. This will never change and doesn’t matter how much you cry/complain about it. If anet doesn’t make money we won’t have a game anymore and you won’t have to cry about farming anymore.

Its a buy to play game with a free nigh-unlimited trial. Not a free to play.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Might surprise you to know that a vast portion of the gaming community do not go on or follow forums. I do because I don’t work and so I have time to play and read what the devs say and they do say a lot.

That is an opinion only and there is no way to back it up. I could just as easily say ‘It might surprise you to know that the vast portion of the original community do not go on or follow the forums because they have quit’. No way to prove your assertion or mine, so both are irrelevant. One could be described as a typical white knight post, the other as a hater post.
And yes the devs do have a lot to say, just not here.

Don’t they usually post on Reddit these days instead of here?

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I’ve spent the weekend beta testing Blade & Soul and it was like a breath of fresh air compared to GW2. Lots and lots to do, the traits tree really does make a difference to your character skills. Fights are fast and fluid. Whether it still feels good in six months remains to be seen but the game is free and not p2w.

I logged onto GW2 for the dailies and guild events and it just felt boring and slow. ANet have removed so much from the game since launch and GW1 that it just seems like an empty shell, the GW1 skill system still outclasses GW2 with its skills locked to weapons nonsense imo. They’ve done this slowly so we hardly noticed a little bit here and there. Then they made us pay the price of a full game for what amounted to very little content and maps.

I’m beta testing Black Desert Online from Wednesday this week as my search for a GW2 replacement continues but one thing is certain, I’m here only until that replacement is found. I pre ordered Black Desert as it’s b2p and was happy to do so as the world looks huge with masses of things to do. Again, I may feel differently in six months but who knows?

Have a look around at what’s on offer in the b2p and f2p market then tell me we paid a fair price for HoT.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

The WvW revamp needs to come sooner rather than later. With the current matching system and everyone queuing ebg, it has lost its luster and enjoyment. I am not ready to abandon ship as my love for Asura is too strong, but more and more I log on and never leave Lions Arch. That can’t go on forever. PVE-wise, I love HoT zones alot though the reward for time and effort is non existent. Absolutely stunning artwork though.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

Dragon’s Stand.

This is not fun. Trying to get an event done simply to see content (my husband has a druid and has been trying for awhile now to get to certain areas that contain 2 pets) is anything but fun. I can’t even count the numerous failed events or empty maps.. or folks afk’ing at the front of the carnage entrance while watching others run in that endless circle taking down those darn Preservers like it was GW2 Groundhog Day, just enhancing the difficulty of the event.

Not fun.

You need to use the LFG tool for dragon stand, people taxi in to fill the map at the start of every event (every few hours)

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Blude.6812

I’ve spent the weekend beta testing Blade & Soul and it was like a breath of fresh air compared to GW2. Lots and lots to do, the traits tree really does make a difference to your character skills. Fights are fast and fluid. Whether it still feels good in six months remains to be seen but the game is free and not p2w.

I logged onto GW2 for the dailies and guild events and it just felt boring and slow. ANet have removed so much from the game since launch and GW1 that it just seems like an empty shell, the GW1 skill system still outclasses GW2 with its skills locked to weapons nonsense imo. They’ve done this slowly so we hardly noticed a little bit here and there. Then they made us pay the price of a full game for what amounted to very little content and maps.

I’m beta testing Black Desert Online from Wednesday this week as my search for a GW2 replacement continues but one thing is certain, I’m here only until that replacement is found. I pre ordered Black Desert as it’s b2p and was happy to do so as the world looks huge with masses of things to do. Again, I may feel differently in six months but who knows?

Have a look around at what’s on offer in the b2p and f2p market then tell me we paid a fair price for HoT.

Blade and Soul—Anet, pre-order, = No thanks.
Will check out Black Desert after it goes live and reviews come in.
And I agree about the HoT cost.

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

2) Meta events are sometimes too long, its really hard for me to finish TD and even AB metas during weekdays because i don’t have that long to play. Add to it that if you logout you will most likely lose progression, if you go to guild hall to store crap you’ll lose progression, it becomes a bit frustrating, no banks in the jungle.

At some point anet is going to have to nerf or lower the required participation for HoT meta events. Either that or just come up with a new set of meta events that are smaller, shorter, and happen more frequently. It hasn’t been 2 months and already these events fail for lack of people. This will only get worse over time. If you haven’t killed the gerent in TD yet, odds are you never will.

Osu

ReaverKane.7598

At some point anet is going to have to nerf or lower the required participation for HoT meta events. Either that or just come up with a new set of meta events that are smaller, shorter, and happen more frequently. It hasn’t been 2 months and already these events fail for lack of people. This will only get worse over time. If you haven’t killed the gerent in TD yet, odds are you never will.

Yeah, it does feel that way. The game feels emptier and emptier lately, it might be that people are moving to try out PvP more, which in itself is bad, since Ranked is more and more packed with newbies, and not that fun though, with the bunker meta.
PvP devolved into a guerrilla game where attrition beats everything else, and the team with the most bunkers wins regardless of skill or anything else, but “HoT was the balance patch” is the lie of the day, couldn’t even manage the stones to admit their failure.
Hopefully they’ll learn before they have to go full F2P with heavy Gem store monetization just to keep the servers up.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

The complaint is a bit long.

But the first point about “mastery is kind of useless”…

Maybe it’s useless so people won’t complain about grind the mastery. Yet people keep complaining about it.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

We paid a fair price for HoT.

Blade and soul is poorly optimized and the combat is alot less fluid than in gw2. Not to mention the art style is poor at best. The voice acting is awful, and the character design is poor. Yes it may offer quests, and in depth grinds. but it’s not aimed at the casual mmo players like gw2 is.

As for very little content, New wvw map, new pvp game mode. new tournaments in pvp. 4 new pve maps and relevant content, guild halls, raids, new fractal design, new armor, new weapons, new legendaries, new events, new achievements. And not to mention the continuation of the living story when they get around to that, which was ALOT of content prior to HoT despite how you may feel personally about it. I’d say the price of HoT was fair.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

As for very little content, New wvw map, new pvp game mode. new tournaments in pvp. 4 new pve maps and relevant content, guild halls, raids, new fractal design, new armor, new weapons, new legendaries, new events, new achievements. And not to mention the continuation of the living story when they get around to that, which was ALOT of content prior to HoT despite how you may feel personally about it. I’d say the price of HoT was fair.

New WvW maps ? Its just replaced content, as if they had removed all Classic
zones from the game and we now had only HoT or nothing.

New armor sets ? I think there are a whole of 3 different sets, compared to the
dozens of sets we got in the original game for the same price. And all of them
gated behind a big grind. And that after we don’t even get new armor sets in
the gemstore since over 1.5 years.

Since we got the wardrobe in the end we only got carapace as new set, for the
next 1.5 years .. and then 3 sets in a full priced expansion .. yay great work with
removing armor sets from the gemstore and give them us as ingame rewards.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I don’t have the energy to argue against this level of brainwashing. All I can say is I’m glad you’re happy and I congratulate ANet on job job well done.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t have the energy to argue against this level of brainwashing. All I can say is I’m glad you’re happy and I congratulate ANet on job job well done.

I’m overall really happy about the expansion myself. At least they give us an expansion, a year ago people aren’t even sure there will be an expansion.

I always think most of the players complaining are usually “expecting” too much. That’s why when new games come out people get all hype up, and a few month later the forums are fill with complaint.

I usually complain before the game come out, and usually I have fun when the game is actually out.

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

I’m overall really happy about the expansion myself. At least they give us an expansion, a year ago people aren’t even sure there will be an expansion.

I always think most of the players complaining are usually “expecting” too much. That’s why when new games come out people get all hype up, and a few month later the forums are fill with complaint.

I usually complain before the game come out, and usually I have fun when the game is actually out.

And this is why we don’t have good stuff. Ppl will accept anything given the time, we can’t complain for short content, because someone thinks that a price like this is fair, if you compare to other games out there.

Question yourself:
1. do you pay for every game that comes out that you complained? Really?
2. Have you seen that some features of the base game were ripped off to be sold again on the expansion?
3. DO you really believe that Arenanet will deliver all the stuff they are planing in 2ys (considering this can be the lifespan of the expansion), like a new Living Season, new Elite Specializations, new Maps, new content, new PvP maps, new game modes, a major overhaul on WvW, new Fractals, the two-week base updates that was before, festivals that are not just re-release of old content (and if they can re-release old content, why not Season 1, or SAB?), new raid wings, new armors, new weapons (as in game rewards), new Legendary Weapons, Backs, Armors… and on and on… based on how they dealt with this game for the past 3 years?

Considering that now that a major part of this game is Play for Free, someday the expansion can be too. Over time this price will decay. What we paid for, by now, are just promises. You can’t blame ppl to complain seeing how ArenaNet dealt with this game until now.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Personally i was totally happy with LS1 where we got every 2 weeks something new
for free .. but sadly people complained and complained and with every change the
content we got was less and less in my eyes. And no .. i don’t care about LS2 instances
are not temporary, since i have no plan to ever play them more than once, and i
even dislike that they want me force to do that with the achievements.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Right because i have a difference of opinion with you, and point out actual fact, i must be brainwashed. I hate people like you.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The first sums it all up and how I feel too.

GW2 has deviated soo much from the original game, all games are suppose to evolve but I’m not sure if this is the right direction, I don’t even think GW2 is an MMO if I’m completely honest, I’m not even sure what it is…. is it a platform game? (sheer amount of annoying jumping puzzles and super adventure box.), mobile device game in a desktop format? (adventures, and let’s not try to glorify them with the term “adventures”, they’re mini-games), the first person mode.. is it a FPS now?! is it a solo RPG? with co-op elements.. so a co-op rpg?!… is it a MOBA of some kind (dragon stand/ tangled depths lane type metas), and not to mention the massive push on the gem store over the past few months, but really what makes this game an MMO? it certainly doesn’t feel like one..

I loved the GW universe and adored the original and it’s expansions, but GW2 just seems like a distant world from that.

I’m peeved with their idea of adding everything in a bundle on the gemstore as well but…

What defines a MMO in today’s world? The only big MMO release of recent years which goes by your definition of MMOs was FF14. All the other ones had action combat, jumping, a aiming recticle or all of those combined.

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

I honestly think they are outsourcing everything now. It really feels like it too, as things like dungeons no longer get any funding. And the things that do like the pvp is scattered and misplaced with bad decisions affecting the total game strategies and creative input from the players. They went with all these meta specializations that most knew were going to Limit choices. So now they hold all the cards and people play what works, as a lot of classes don’t anymore. As they tweak one class for the month making it over powered and then nerfing it the next. Is now a company about the bottom line (money) It has failed to be fun for quite some time now, i guess we fell in love with thier original ideals, those are long since gone . RIP